So we know Trump is for medical marijuana...

So we know Trump is for medical marijuana, and maybe under a Trump Presidency we could see it put down to schedule III or even descheduled and left to the states (unless Sessions steps out of line and Trump doesn't reign him in).. but do you think he'd be on board with medical psilocybin?

cnn.com/2016/12/01/health/magic-mushrooms-cancer-patients/index.html

Is alleviating the anxiety and depression of dying in terminally ill patients a worthy medical use that could get synthetic psilocybin rescheduled to schedule II?

What about aborting migraines and cluster headaches?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26883890
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26595349

The uses are pretty fringe, but it could help some people if it was schedule II maybe? Or is it just degeneracy and we shouldn't care about how people are emotionally feeling when they're dying, afterall, they're still going to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kX_TBjLvGuA
freespores.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trump responds very well to reasonable facts

Illegal drugs put money in cartel hands. Trump will be given this information if he already does not have it. Trump will push policy with this information in mind.

Psilocybin are also the only effective treatment for many individuals with cluster headaches, a medical condition broadly described as "the most painful thing a human being can experience", leading it to be nicknamed the "suicide headache".

B-but how can you grow them when they're illegal??

Buy the spores, you say?

That's crazy, where the hell would someone find those?

Fuck shrooms are amazing, pretty easy to grow too.

we're talking about legitimate medical use here frogposter. They can synthesize psilocybin in a pill and use it as legit medicine in a few conditions.

Psilocybin is one of at least 3 different psychoactive compounds contained in the Psilocybe genus of mushroom, and trying to synthesize an artificial version creates the same problems we saw with Marinol - just can't compete with the natural effect when you try to cut out the """"fun"""" parts by messing with the chemical composition.

Besides, you should ask yourself why literally all hallucinogens and dissociate drugs are banned, even after being shown through numerous studies to have a beneficial psychiatric use. What was considered so dangerous about them?

Wtf I totally thought a vote for trump was against weed. Ahhhhh why is everything so backwards

Psilocin is the activated form of psilocybin, so that's 2 of the 3, right?

But anyway, the studies I'm talking about with the terminally ill really did take synthetic psilocybin and use it for a medical purpose.

See the thing about Marinol is that THC actually has very limited medical uses, it's CBD and some of the other cannabinoids that have most of the medical benefits. So making pure THC in a pill, without the modulation effects of CBD, results in #1. A pill that gives WAY too heavy of a "stoning" effect, to the point where it's uncomfortable for patients.. and #2, has no effect on some of the conditions that medical marijuana can be used for like inflammatory pain and seizures. On the other hand, CBD oil DOES have benefits alone for some of those conditions. You could probably synthesize CBD in a pill and use it for many of the conditions Medical MJ is prescribed for.

I mean, I'm in favor of legalizing recreational too, but let's face it, trying to cling to having the whole plant for medical use is a front for recreational use, and frankly, holds back its acceptance as medicine. Doctors don't want people smoking "medicine". Doctors don't want people taking an herb with 400+ chemicals in it with a host of different effects to treat a condition. Doctors want one compound that treats a specific condition with as few side effects as possible.

Synthetic CBD (and maybe a few other cannabinoids shown to have medical use) and Synthetic psilocybin are much more likely to be accepted as medicine, especially when they have specific use.

Let legalization for recreational use be its own fight. Medical benefits are ultimately more important.

ZOG doesn't want you to open your third eyeball.

Legalize all psychs.

He's in support for medical "100%", and for recreational he thinks it's a states rights issue and not the federal government's business.. though now that he's been elected he seems to be supporting the Neocon war on drugs with his appointing Sessions and complimenting Duterte, so who knows.

But medical is a different boat. If we can find ways to safely use it in a clinical setting under a doctor's supervision and it causes some benefits to sick people, isn't that a good thing?

El Trumpo has talked about opiate and prescription drug addiction since the beginning. He's always been opposed to "drugs".

he's against drug abuse, but I think he's more compassionate than to strike down medical use.

I mean these people are dying and they're scared and anxious.

Fuck, give them any drug they want that might make them not scared anymore. They're dying anyway, they should at least be able to go out not feeling miserable.

shut the fuck up loser

>What was considered so dangerous about them?

People are less willing to take shit from the establishment when they're given alternative points of view. Personally, shrooms were my red pill, or at least the spark that ignited the possibility of everything being a lie in my mind.

No arguments there - recreational should be considered "lower" than medicinal, not the other way around. Legality is trivial, and subject to change. Medicinal value is pretty fucking important, and it's near impossible to get good data when there's a lawyer-laden minefield every time you want you run a test.

The fact that no one seriously draws the parallels between medicinal drugs now and "medicinal whiskey" during Prohibition is both hilarious and discouraging.

Shrimps are seriously fucking awesome. Never did the whole hallucinations thing but you feel great and laugh a fuckton. Great therapy, wish I could do it every so often.

Lower doses result in the laughing. You need much higher doses for hallucinations, though even when you start getting them you can tell what is and isn't real.

up until the point it blasts you out of yourself and it's more real than reality right ?
Never got the laughs but the euphoria is fucking incredible. I've tried ecstasy on a few occasions and shrooms blow that shit out of the water

Can't say I've ever gotten lost in hallucinations from them.

It was more like... Your brain assumes your environment is something different than what it actually is. One example was seeing the grass in the back yard like it was a rose bush. I knew that wasn't the case, but it looked cool.

Watching the opening to KotH on shrooms was a little over-stimulating, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=kX_TBjLvGuA

Based McKenna

if you eat an 1/8th, you'll see visual distortions. Still objects with patterns on them will appear to move, breathe, or swim around, words on a page will appear to wobble like liquid, things look like they're melting, colors are distorted and appear brighter and more vivid, like they really pop out like 80's neon colors. Your perception of time changes so things appear to be moving faster or slower, moving objects leave trails behind them like motion blur but much more pronounced.

But you don't see things that aren't really there.

BUT ANYWAY..

what I'm mainly concerned with in this thread.. is does this make someone terminally ill not fear death, I mean, I could see it to some extent, some people feel tremendously spiritual or even religious experiences on psychedelics. If you're afraid of dying because you're afraid of not existing anymore.. a very powerful religious or spiritual experience may alleviate that fear because you'll be put at ease, comforted in the thought that you'll continue to exist in some form beyond the body (whether or not that's true is up for debate, maybe it's the ultimate bluepill, just telling your mind a lie to get over the fear of the unknown, but what matters is if it brings comfort to someone miserable, if THEY believe in it, then maybe it has value)

The thing I'm curious about.. is whether or not that's of value to people at large... I mean it's compassionate, to give comfort to the dying... but it doesn't actually treat them, it won't make them survive.. only make their death less uncomfortable. I guess it falls into the domain of palliative care.

I mean the cluster headaches/migraine thing too is also a possible use. The entire class of anti migraine drugs (triptans) are based on indoleamine psychedelics such as LSD and Psilocybin, just without the psychoactive effects.

The hilarious part is that hallucinations, both visual and audio, are common symptoms of migraines.

t. Guy who had migraines regularly from the age of 5

If you cease to exist entirely, that's not really something bad, as there is no way to experience non-existence. If you think there is no value to relieve someone's suffering because it may or may not be a lie and there is no way to know for sure whether or not it is, than you're a pretty cruel fucking individual. Even if it IS a lie, which I highly doubt, what are you gonna tell someone ? You should suffer for your last moments because god forbid you think it's not so bad, which it really isn't.

I got migraines in my teens, they disappeared during my 20's (back when I was a degenerate using psychedelics recreationally), I've stopped for several years now.. and I've recently started having migraines again but they're moderate. the ones in my teens were much worse.

In my teens I'd get the flashing zig zag lines in my vision, and then it'd full blown stop my dead in my tracks it hurt so bad and I just had to be in a dark quiet room and just feel sick.

But now.. I get the aura.. and like, my head hurts a bit, and I feel a little bit sick to my stomach, but it doesn't bother me so much, more annoying than anything.

Worst was when I was 16, in cross country, and I'd run out 4 miles from where we started when the aura started.. I tried to ignore it, I just kept going with my teammates, but then the headache hit.. instantly hit the wall and couldn't run another step, but I was miles away, so I had to walk back, in pain, eyes straining from the brightness of the sun, sick to my stomach.. throwing up on the side of the road... god that was awful. The migraines I have now barely qualify, just the aura before the headache is the worst part because I can't
read during it.

I dunno, I don't really feel like tripping. When I was younger after LSD became scarce for awhile I used LSA for awhile, that seemed to put them off too.

I could always do hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, less intoxicating than shrooms and not illegal.

I never liked the nasal sprays or sublingual triptans though.. zomig made my neck ache and stiff, imitrex made my jaw ache. Not worth.

So.. unless they get dramatically worse, I'm okay with just tolerating them and having some coffee and ibuprofen and not doing anything strenuous that'll make me feel sick.

That's how I feel (comforting the dying being a good thing.. as a corpsman, sometimes all you could do for someone who was dying is hold their hand and be there), but at the same time, a lot of people are pretty hard line against "degeneracy" you know?

freespores.com/

>I mean, I'm in favor of legalizing recreational too, but let's face it, trying to cling to having the whole plant for medical use is a front for recreational use, and frankly, holds back its acceptance as medicine.

Much of the funding for medical use came from soros who admits it was just getting the foot in the door for legal recreational.

there's a difference between hallucinating, when you know something isn't real, and delirium when you see something that doesn't exist think it is real
datura causes delirium and is a lot more dangerous than mushrooms

exactly, and ultimately I think the recreational push is holding back legit medicine which pisses me off.

I stopped getting migraines after cutting some stuff out of my diet. Every time I have even a small amount of it I turn into a quivering pile of flesh within 30 minutes, unable to do anything but feel pain.

Most of the hallucinations I'd get from them were distortions in shape and size of objects and sounds echoing in my mind.

Had my first migraine while my bro was watching Star Wars a few rooms over. I'll never forget the way the light saber duel sounded.

Weird. I just get the "classic" migraines. flashy zigzags, headache at the back of my head, nausea, sensitivity to light

What'd you cut out of your diet?

Gluten. Went from having a migraine at least a couple times a week to once every few months at most. It turns out not having enzymes to break down some foods can fuck with you in weird ways.

DUDE

Weird.. well, it's not something that's changed in my diet recently so I doubt it's a trigger for me. Plus I love bread,

>weed
>alleviating anxiety

I don't think so tim

weed isn't alleviating anxiety, psilocybin is, and only a certain type of anxiety... fear of dying.

It's not gluten, it's shit food in general that is the problem.

Learn to make your own bread, it's super fucking easy and you'll be fine eating it.

Stupid gluten faggots.

he's not going to do shit and sessions will crack down on all the degenerate states letting it flow now

I hope that's not the case. That's going backwards 30 years, and spending a shitload of money throwing more people in jail to the tune of $30,000 taxpayer dollars per year per prisoner.

if it's to keep criminals off the streets i say it's money well spent

>making something illegal JUST to throw people in jail when they're committing no other crimes

Prisons should be for VIOLENT criminals only.

Jailing non violent criminals who aren't a danger to their communities is a waste of money, they should be working and paying taxes, not stewing in a cell doing menial tasks in the jail itself. Prisons indoctrinate nonviolent criminals into violence as well, they learn violent crime on the inside, and with their record as an ex con making it harder to get a legit job when they get released.. they end up turning to crime, and more serious crimes than just having a small amount of drugs for personal use on them.

Really any drug offenses should be fines/probation/and at most, house arrest, unless there's violence connected with it like, a DUI that injures or kills someone, or an assault or robbery. or rape.