Tfw to inteligent to believe free will exists

>tfw to inteligent to believe free will exists

Care to elaborate?

both of you fuck off with this

Feel anxious yet?

>Not sure why my hair looks light in some pics & dark in others--an absurd confusion, for a self differs infinitely from those externals.

>tfw to inteligent to believe free will exists
>to
>inteligent

I sit here quite alone, counting the hours, consumed with a desire so formless I don't even know what I long for. Time to browse Sup Forums!!!

Free will may not exist but that does not mean we are doomed to a particular known fate.

Mfw not sure if not having free will is something to be happy about or not

Hi Sam Harris

>Implying the existence of the free will is determinable
Fucking leafs

u got meem'd

>too?
>intelligent?

Kierkegaard was a rare genius. Free will can't exist. Time is a flat circle.

People decision's are based upon their genetics, and the environment in which they grow up in. Neither of these can be changed for a person; it is a continuous chain of events that begins with birth. In the libertarian sense, free will doesn't exist. Practically, free will is an illusion.

"Just so you know, these leafs are organized, and they have systematic ways of hurting our boards"

Free will is real. Fuck off shills.

>being this new

>to intelligent

Lol. I'm smarter than all of you white trash. Kill yourselves please.

>tfw to intelligent to distinguish between too and to

>Lol.
>.

you're autistic is what you are

sort of serious question:

Say I don't believe in free will, if someone asks me "do you believe in fate" or "do you believe everything happens for a reason", how do I respond to this if it's a yes or no question? I don't believe anything happens for a supernatural reason or that there is a morally determined fate, but I believe everything does occur for physically inevitable reasons.

Who are you trying to convince, idiot?

you wouldn't have posted that had you believed it. So then why are you trying to convince yourself that you're smarter user? Is it so your fragile ideals cannot be challenged, because you're afraid they will fail against debate?

if all is simply cause and effect then this chain can be traced back to first cause (big bang, god etc pick your poison) the fact would then remain that this story has to go a certain pre determined way

you could say this story is gods story if nothing else

kinda sucks that gods story involves my dog dying young and some kid somewhere getting brain cancer tho

Not under Obama.

the only problem with that is that there are things (I think mainly studied in quantum physics) which seemingly occur completely at random. In these situations, there's no way to predict an effect because there's no apparent cause. It throws the whole physical determinism thing up in the air

>It throws the whole physical determinism thing up in the air
Exactly. But I don't think they same logic can be applied to human decision making. You don't see the same completely random behavior. Even in the case of psychopaths their behavior can be traced back to past experiences or a genetic defect.

and this is where the story gains a new level, or dimension

clearly if effects are entering this 3 dimensional space without apparent causes then it is not to say that life is not a pre determined case of cause and effect but rather that we cannot sense all of the causers

4 dimensional ayy lmaos fighting for supremacy of this 3d world

No, you're not.

*too* stupid to use proper grammar though, huh?

Fucking retard.