Carrier: We're closing our plant and sending our jobs out of the country

Carrier: We're closing our plant and sending our jobs out of the country.
Trump: Any corporation which exports jobs will be punished.
Carrier: You will give us $7 million, and we'll still get rid of half of the jobs.
Trump: You got it, buddy!

Is this "The Art of the Deal"?

Debt pleases Modechai. Gold standard at this point enables more chaos. I mean frogs. I love duturdgay!

> Trump offers "tax breaks" of 7$ million
> 2017
> corporate tax rates are cut to %15
> "tax breaks" are for rates much higher than 15%

he didn't give anything away, user. that's the deal. Less taxation and less regulation means they have to stay or face consequences.

Slamming tariffs on companies as punishment doesn't seem very free market to me. Trump would've done much better for himself if he said "I'll make the business climate so friendly people will start opening factories here" not "I'll tax the fuck out of them so we employ people".

we aren't free market family we're about to go full protectionist

get fucked rest of the world it's all about America now

If Trump actually follows through on that promise, I hope it works. If it doesn't at least he can say he tried.

>give
>not take
pick one

>Trump saves the livelihoods of 1000 families just in time for Christmas
>libshits desperately find something to complain about

Are you even human, OP?

Do you even have a soul...?

Are you fucking stupid? They still pay taxes and the 900 or so jobs that are kept within our borders are also paying taxes which far exceed the $7M tax break they got. Stop being a fucking idiot for once in your life.

He won't. We are moving into a standard republican presidency. Lots of tax cuts for the wealthy and fuck all for everyone else.

Can't wait for them to fuck over medicare so all the boomers get screwed.

>We are moving into a standard republican presidency
Wrong.
I have a feeling the one thing he won't double back on is his state controlled economy. It was boomers that got him elected, he knows that, he won't double back on it. They don't read the fine print about his cabinet so he will get away with appointing the swamp, but his Bernie-tier jobs plan will likely stay.

>Donald Trump
>pro free trade and free market

Choose one.

>not even president yet
>already working on saving American jobs

noice.

Unless they're competitive and sell products outside of your country, they are a drain on your economy.

7 million over ten years.
That is about a dollar per year in tax per state resident, or 0.0015 dollars per job.

And those 1000 people will now be paying taxes back in (protip its more than a buck each) and not going on workers compensation programs (definitely costs the state more than a buck each).

Its like parrots cant do math or something, all they fucking do is squak all day long

>That is about a dollar per year in tax per state resident, or 0.0015 dollars per job.

Now calculate how much it will cost to save every endangered manufacturing job, and you'll start to understand the problem.

>not even president yet
>already working on saving American jobs
In the state his VP is governor.

>saving one job is a net gain for the state because they pay more taxes back in than it costs to save their job
>now add that up hurr durr look how much it costs
>massive net gain for the state

jesus christ dude, you are fucking beyond repair

>saving one job is a net gain for the state because they pay more taxes back in than it costs to save their job

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

math.

the deal saves the company 7 million in taxes over ten years.

there are 6.5 million people in Indiana, so it is roughly a bit more than a dollar per citizen in taxes for the whole deal. there are 1000 jobs on the table, so each job is roughly 1/1000th of a dollar.

If a person loses their job, they usually go on state and federal benefits. You can fucking bet your ass that any of those benefits costs the government more than one dollar, by a long shot. If the person keeps their job, they pay taxes. You can bet your ass that a person with a full time manufacturing job pays more than 1 dollar in taxes per year.

The numbers will fudge a bit because this is back of the envelope, but the margin is 1000-fold if they keep their job, and far far worse if they lose it Thats a huge win for the state.

It is painfully obvious you didnt bother to even look at the math before you started copy-pasting your latest media hit-piece on Trump and squaking like the bitch tool you are.

pro-tip: the media is pushing a dishonest agenda and that agenda does not have your interests at heart

*1/1000th of a dollar per citizen of indiana in tax revenue, i should clarify

negotiating is an art

Kek, you know where you are, right? Take that shit to wapo comments section

>I don't know how one of the oldest concepts of civilization, bartering, works

Let's lowball it.

>MINIMUM wage in Indiana: 7.25 USD per hour
>7.25 * 40 hours per week for 52 weeks per year = 15080 USD per year

So, assuming that he saved 1000 MINIMUM WAGE jobs of 40 hours per week and that all of this was taken from federal coffers...

That's 15080 *1000 = 15,080,000 in wages
First 9,275 USD per worker taxable at 10% (1,508,000) and then the next 5,805 USD per worker of that income being taxed at 15% (870,750) brings you to a federal income tax revenue of 2,378,750 per year.

So even if you lowball it down to the legal minimum amount they can pay their employees, the tax revenue per year of >2,378,750 USD exceeds the 700,000 per year in costs to save the jobs.

You clearly dont understand how unemployment works in the US. the employers pay half

Derp. I just realized I fucked up here: First 9,275 USD per worker taxable at 10% (1,508,000)

That should read 927,500 instead of 1,508,000.

Revised total: 927,500 + 870,750 = 1,798,250

Still a net benefit, though.

Government gives incentives and tax cuts to fortune 500's and the sort because they are "hurting financial" and can't hire people in the states. Receive extra cash in said benefits earlier from the fed then immediately goes over seas get even cheaper labor.

System is broken to shit and ripe with abuse, i'm actually OK with this.

>no one noticed in the last 8-10 years CEO's salaries have become astronomical.

>companies that say they are hurting still capable of pumping out millions a year to their ceos.
>people believe this retarded shit.

>this is good for the state in any possible way
yep. i purposely did the math wrong so that people would rush to correct me and find out themselves that it is a net benefit for the state at face value (without even calculating all the spin-off costs etc)

Never forget that the wages are then spent in our country, likely with sales tax. Not only are these 1100 people off of unemployment/welfare, but every dollar of JOB you keep n this country double dips on taxes.

Like I said, absolute lowball. I only calculated the federal income tax because I assume that the 7 million comes from federal coffers.

>I lied to you to get you to come to my conclusion
Fucking kikes

>asserting its impossible to make a successful closed circuit economy
>planet earth is a closed circuit.
Did you make that bullshit up yourself?

I had to reply to his other comment as well. He literally is fucked up on maple syrup and crown royal... He has no idea what he's saying.