Alright Sup Forums, I need some advice

Alright Sup Forums, I need some advice.
>23 year old retail wage slave.
>Tired of getting fucked over.
>Shit pay, no hours, no benefits, no future.
>I want to uncuck myself so I applied for a packager position at a factory near my home that starts at $4 more then I am making now and is full-time.
>I got a call back for an interview.
>What the fuck do I wear?
I don't want to wear a suit and tie because that would be autistic as fuck. Is a navy polo, black dickies and black work boots fine?
>Don't know what I want to do with my life.
>Don't like customer service or white collar jobs.
>Don't mind doing manual labor.
>I'm considering welding & or becoming a truck driver.
>Cheaper than college, can pay more than a college education would get me and is manly as fuck.
Are these careers economically and politically safe careers to take? I don't want to invest too much time into a career just have some ass hat elected that will try to out source these jobs. Is truck driving recession proof?

Other urls found in this thread:

seafarers.org/jobs/ua.html
warosu.org/diy/thread/1057182
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trade school

seafarers.org/jobs/ua.html

here you go op. i did this about 2 years ago, ive been to alotta countries around the world and got lots in the bank.

What are some good trades to take?

Sea truckers? Sounds interesting. I can't swim, will that hurt my chances of getting hired. I also live in the south and no where near any bodies of water. either way, thanks for the advice.

Go in the military for something not completely stupid, do this for two terms, get out and go to college to expand then get a decent job.

Too fat for the military. Would have to drop about 40 lbs. Maybe after working in a 100 degree factory for a couple of summers I could.

learning to swim doesnt take long op, also the school only had 1 day of water survival where you actually have to get in the water. you just have to demonstrate your strong enough to pull yourself up into a liferaft.

its a good job, trust me, have i ever let you down dan?

Wear whatever, but when they ask you when can you work, tell them right now if they like. Blue jeans and a hoodie plus baseball cap is fine, steel toe boots is a must though.

Factory jobs are the shit user, you can get high everyday and just tune out to the music of the machines.

Plumbing, Welding, HVAC, Electric get reccomended a lot.

/diy/ had a nice thread the other day
Archive link: warosu.org/diy/thread/1057182

40 ibs is easy, literally just go buy supplements to suppress appetite and let them do their job. 40 ibs is easy to lose and if you're unwilling to lose 40 ibs and get uncucked then there is no real hope for you because that is a pretty simple method for success at your age, if you can't do something that simple, which you can still do by sitting on your ass (just diet/supplements and time) than just kys.

Dude wear a suit to every interview no matter what.

I'm more partial to "never wear a suit to any interview ever".

Even to a factory? I want to dress professional but I don't know if a suit would fit in.

For a factory job, you'll probably be better off wearing dress shoes, suit pants, and a business shirt. A plain, non-patterned tie will also work. If it's particularly cold (I don't know where you live) then wear a jacket/coat.

Really for a job interview as a man, a suit is pretty much never a bad option

Thanks for the info.

Also, do not take up truck driving now. Self-driving trucks will be legal within a decade - two decades at most. That means at most your career can be 20 years (and this is VERY generous) leaving you with a resume with 20 years of completely irrelevant work experience and no education.

If you're not up for the factory job after all, Security is actually a pretty good job and only requires a few weeks of training to get good qualifications for it. It's also a pretty good option for starting up your own business for private functions on the side - I have a mate who bounces for parties for rich kids' 16th/18th/21st and he can make up to $1000 depending on the size of the party and how gullible/rich the parents are

yea dipshit you're going to an interview where someone else will have a tattoo on their face at least their neck. if you speak english and look clean they'll still hire a Mexican that isn't a fat fuck. they don't want you have to forklift you around so you can move boxes that's inefficient

College is your only way out.

Yeah once you go white collar you MUST wear a suit even if it feels weird. It's part of the ritual of interviewing.

you idiot self driving cars will never happen on a large scale they're going to be in places like las vegas dubai for show you want a big rig behind you in traffic that might have a sensor jam and run you over or get a bug on a sensor that the car thinks is another car and won't let you move 20 years?? it can't be a serious conversation for at least 20 years

Damn, this dude is seething. Did some wetback take your job. Too much projection in that post for me to handle.

Too fucking expensive.

I doubt that, they will also need people to man self driving trucks. And it will take more then 20 years to be able to build the infrastructure.

Don't wear a fucking suit man. Dark jeans or khakis and a polo.

Thats a great idea, im going to look into that