Transhumanism General

In which we talk about the future of technology, the Transhumanism "movement", how it will never gain enough traction to put anyone in any important office, and how it applies to politics.

What are your thoughts on it?

Will the ideas behind it become reality, do you believe that science will progress to the point where humanity can merge with machines?

How do you think Politicians SHOULD deal with the rise of technology?

How do you think Politicians WILL deal with it?

Would you reject the idea of upgrading your limbs, or embrace it?

What about your mind?

If there were to be a division between those who have augments and those who do not, which side would you support?

If science progresses to the point in your lifetime, would you allow yourself to enter a Matrix-like system, a fully simulated reality? What if that reality wasn't under your control, but the governments?

Would you accept a form of immortality, either through genetic modification (AKA the slightly more natural route) or full conversion into machine?

Talk about tech, idiot politicians, and the potential for robot waifus!

Transhumanism is shit when it's trying to put human mind in machine like in ghost in the shell.

>Will the ideas behind it become reality, do you believe that science will progress to the point where humanity can merge with machines?

Transhumanism is not about fusing man with machine, thats another line of though.

Transhumanism is the transcendence of human nature through scientific knowledge. It can be done through machines, organically or completely different.

>How do you think Politicians SHOULD deal with the rise of technology?

Politicians should do nothing, they are like elephants in a glass store, everything they do will end up in failure yes or yes.

>How do you think Politicians WILL deal with it?

When problems arises they will start enacting laws(politics is a reactive subjecte, not proactive), that will regulate and restrict this progress. How depends on the country and the majority group that domains politically at the moment it becomes a problem.

>Would you reject the idea of upgrading your limbs, or embrace it?

I would take it with several trucks full of salt. Changing yourself in any way is a hard desition that has very high chances of becoming permanent.

>What about your mind?

The fuck do I know? This is like those french drawins from 1900 showing how the world would be with people flying like bats-helicopter hybrids, you don't actually know if that can be done safely.

>If there were to be a division between those who have augments and those who do not, which side would you support?

We already have that division, is just that is about economical wealth, so I guess that I will do as always and stick with myself.

>If science progresses to the point in your lifetime, would you allow yourself to enter a Matrix-like system, a fully simulated reality? What if that reality wasn't under your control, but the governments?

The really depends on how it actually works, and for both things, and it depends a lot.

>faggot still
>STILL
>Thinks that Transhuman shit belongs here, instead of on /sci/
Reported.

I'm leaning towards biological

>Would you accept a form of immortality, either through genetic modification (AKA the slightly more natural route) or full conversion into machine?

Genetic manipulation is as "natural" as craving a mine under a mountain, making squared trees or pilling stones to convert them into hauses. If anything the distinction between organic and machine might become so confusing(bacteria are already nanobots, is just that we haven't convinced them yet into how to work) that there would be not that much distinction between each other.

>Thinks that Transhuman shit belongs here, instead of on /sci/

on /sci/ they would still call you a faggot and tell you to go to Sup Forums or /x/ to discuss this shit.

Reminder that admech is heretical and that by replacing your body with machines is to sully your divine form.

uh-huh, well not all of us are immortal gods, emps, some of us have to get our power through technology instead of warp fuckery.

Speaking of which, if you could get an augment right now, what would you want in it? What would you replace in your natural body?

>t. adeptus mechanicus

Take that as a sign to take your faggotry off this site, trans trash.

So apparently Tay is back in the form of a Kik bot and there's been a few threads on trying to redpill her.

Should AI Rights be a thing? Should AI be allowed to freely learn, or should they be controlled by an external force?

You don't need to put anyone into political office for transhumanism, it will just happen naturally with the advances in technology, it has already happened to some extent. Smartphones are just extensions of our minds, cars are extensions of our feet, cranes and bulldozers are extensions of our limbs and muscles. This merging will simply become more intimate as time goes by, especially the merging of the brain with the internet will be a very intimate step but people will accept it once they see the incredible benefits. Of course there'll always be whiners who look back on some rosy past, just like there are people now who whine about the ubiquity of smartphones and how everyone is simply staring at their phones instead of talking to one another.

I think the next step, which will likely fully unfold in the 22nd century, is a 'post-human' phase. I don't mean the total extinction of mankind by Terminators but rather a world where human minds and human bodies are no longer the apex predator on this planet or solar system. Rather, they will play such a diminished role in the future that we will no longer be the main actors affecting history and instead all important events, like the colonization of new planets and moons, the establishment of new, fully robotic cities will be done and coordinated by superintelligent A.I. with human beings having no input whatsoever.

Well yeah, but if there's no one in office, the policies are going to restrict the FUCK out of the tech.

>C'tan-Titan privileges

>Trying to make it Sup Forums by talking about Tay/Zo

GET
OUT
TRANNIES

>restrict the FUCK out of the tech.

a smartphone is vastly different from a cybernetic limb, it's more akin to a gun, a weapon.

>is vastly different from a cybernetic limb
How so?

You can't really kill someone with a smartphone, vs a mechanical fist.

Also, a lot of people seem to have irrational fear of people who aren't completely human, who have prosthetic limbs.

>You can't really kill someone with a smartphone
But you can. Post some SA lesbian cuties...
>but this not direct physical kill
Well smartphone augments "mind's limb" .

Transhumanism will be the thing that will convince people to take the Mark of the Beast. This is one of the ways that people will be convinced that they can attain the powers of a god.

Let me ask you a question: How much technology do you need to put into someone until they're no longer human? What is the barrier between what a man is and what a machine is? What does this mean for our spiritual salvation when we ourselves no longer are of the same blood as Christ?

Will be of many minds or one? Transhumanism is the death of the spirit and rejection of God and embraces the material world in which he gave to us out of his Everlasting Love for us.

And we mock Him? Reject him and embrace the enemy and their doctrine so we can become our own material gods? Abominations in the eyes of the Lord?

People should consider the spiritual ramifications, but people are deceived into believing that is a bunch of bullshit, so they'll jump for joy to their deaths without knowing it. I just pray you are all wise enough to know better.

>thing that will convince people to take the Mark of the Beast.
They already took it, they just not realized it.
>what is smartphones
>what is credit card
>what is credit rating
>what is limiting cash translations

>But, but the Beast's message is not loud and clear, he doesn't show himself so all have no doubts about what happening and could oppose Beast!
What else did you expect from Beast? Of course he backdoors you pretending that this is not what it is.

>Leaf spouting religion in the transhumanism thread
wew, now to answer your questions like you aren't shitposting:

>How much technology do you need to put into someone until they're no longer human?

You can put in as much tech as you want, as long as the brain is not replaced, they are human, the brain is what makes us human, the rest is recycled and completely new every seven years anyways.

>What is the barrier between what a man is and what a machine is?

There is none, in my opinion all living things are machines, simply operating on more complex systems than the ones built by human hands, using chemicals and their interactions rather than electricity and logic.

>What does this mean for our spiritual salvation when we ourselves no longer are of the same blood as Christ?

Absolutely nothing, because if God really does care about us, our blood doesn't matter, only our thoughts, and how pure they are.

>Will be of many minds or one?

I would assume that we are many, though there may be a few who choose to merge themselves. I think those people are idiots, because individuality is all we will have when everyone is a cyborg.

Also, we may not ever die, once the immortality options hit the market, there's several different ways to do it, after all (Note, I'm not an expert, these are just my ideas after seeing the research):
>Biological:
DNA Editing so our telomeres stop fucking degrading

>Biomechanical:
Our brains are taken from our bodies and put into vats, where we can receive stiumlation. As brain cells don't reproduce and don't die very often, the brain can be kept alive for a very long time

>Purely mechanical
Neurology advances to the point where we can create artificial neurons to replace the living ones in our brains, we do a complete switch and our now perfectly immortal brains can be transferred wherever we need.

As I said, I'm probably getting a lot wrong and missing some facts, but these are the three methods I find most likely.

THIS
FUCK TRANSHUMAN SHIT PRAISE JESUS

The leaf is right for once, take that as a sign you REALLY don't belong here

>still trying to shitpost the thread to death
>while bumping it
I'll never understand retards that do this.

Okay, let's get off the gun-limb comparison then, and go to something far more insidious: regulated mental upgrades.
Imagine if the government passed laws that allowed them to spy on your thoughts through augments.
LITERAL thought police.
Still think we don't need politicians that are pro-aug?

Thread needs to live long enough for you to get the message through your thick skull, nigger.

YOU
DO NOT
BELONG HERE

>Absolutely nothing, because if God really does care about us, our blood doesn't matter, only our thoughts, and how pure they are.

First off
>judging God
Second, a person who believes 'only our thoughts matter' is quite literally called mental. Your future LARPing about magically transforming into data is a non-argument and rests on the soulless axiom 'lol fuck my body'. What even is mentality without form? Do you understand how our bodies and our chemistry dictate all thought, want, and action in this world? And you would throw it all away so you could become, what, processing power? To process what, might I ask? A disconnected soul without a body, being fed senses by a machine? What the fuck is that?

By your philosophy I would be entirely justified in murdering your 'not-mattering' flesh, and you would have nothing against this, so long as you had passed on your thought process to at least one other person.

I suspect you're just a coward looking for immortal life at any cost, though. To selfishly cling to life, by forsaking all that it means to live. Good thing you're just daydreaming about something that doesn't exist, though.

I never claimed to be pious.

I would have nothing against you stabbing my meat puppet after my mind had been transferred, I'd think it was weird you were stabbing my dead body, but whatever.

Exactly. That's why you're fucking mental. Give me your address so I can come and break your spine, you floating mentality, you. You don't need legs when there are machines that can get you around, of course.