If white people really are superior, why hasn't Europe been the number 1 civilization throughout all of history...

If white people really are superior, why hasn't Europe been the number 1 civilization throughout all of history, not just the past 500 or so years?

Why were they so far behind the Middle East and China in culture, science, military tech ect for so many years?

Other urls found in this thread:

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because there were very few white people

Jared Diamond, please go.

Because the dark ages and the black plague.

Even then, the dark ages in Europe were at least equivalent to the Islamic "golden age."

>so far behind the Middle East and China in culture, science, military
hilarious. you guys used glass to decorate mosques. europeans charted the world with it. you subhumans used gunpowder to make fireworks. europeans took over the world with it.

many such cases

not an argument

Muslims and Chinese charted much of the world before the Euros got close.

I bet you think Chinese treasure ships actually sailed in the ocean

ancient greece thousands of years ago did a pretty solid job in starting western civilisation

>take boats right into the city center
Sad!

this fucking bait

I don't think Ba-Sing-Se had a river going through it

Europe has always been number 1. Sage for your shit thread. Chinese civilization is a meme, and most of the Arab lands were great because they were dominated by whites.

kek no they weren't.

you are woefully misinformed.

Europe didn't return to Roman era urbanization until the Renaissance. 90% of people lived in small communities, couldn't read, and didn't participate in commerce.

The Islamic world is just the Byzantine world under new management. People remained literate and involved in commerce in the Eastern Mediterranean in an unbroken chain from 300 BCE to 2016 CE despite plagues and invasions.

The Islamic "golden age" was the period from 700 to 1700 when Europe had not exceeded the Byzantine levels of organization that the Muslims maintained.

The dark ages in Europe were 400 to 800, not the medieval period as you are thinking. The dark ages were marked by German dynasties some of which (in France, North Africa, and Spain) ruled without literacy and relied on the literacy of the slowly-dying Roman bureaucrats.

The dark ages were shit. Read about the Merovingians and how shit they were.

It's very simple user.

You see, 2000 years ago the scientific and architectural breaktroughs were relatively simple, like how to make wooden boxes that can float and move in water, or make a storage center that can house all of your food and prevent it from spoiling. What these thing have in common is that they were all things that were discovered by accident, and are relatively simple in nature,and in this way even the dumbest of societies could have a fighting chance.

But as time passed new tecnologies became more and more complex, and required actual thinking from the people in a society, and not just "Oh look at that, if you put x in the food, it doesn't spoil !". This knoledge gap made the societies with dumber people less and less relevant, and then you get to the 1500 where the europeans and the ones with their genes are the only ones that are actually driving progress in the world.

b8 m8
ancient greeks and romans had blonde hair and blue eyes. whites have been running this shit since the beginning of human history.
i wouldn't be surprise if an ancient white civilization existed before the last ice age.

>ancient greeks and romans had blonde hair and blue eyes
No. They were and are white, but not fucking nordic. Do you even know where and when "blonde people are stupid" meme started?

Europe was constantly getting invaded and repelling invasions from the East and then the Moors from the South, Viking raids, and then when Europe successfully DEFENDED itself and reconquered lost territories and launched significant counter-invasions against the Great Empires of the East from Persia to Byzantium to the Turks.

And so, because they could not conquer Europe, they said that it was poor, and not worth conquering anyway. The people had nothing.

Nothing but each other and bright steel.

what is the x axis measured in?

>Why were they so far behind the Middle East and China in culture, science, military tech ect for so many years?
We weren't.

Are you implying China and the Islamic world did not have a problem with foreign invasions? Have you ever heard of the Mongols?(who had an easier time wrecking the European "armies" than they did the Chinese btw

Feels

relative world influence, i would guess.

Doesn't matter, it's ours

relative power

What is the purpose of developing "civilization" if you're smart enough to survive without it? Civilizations is for people who are too dumb to make do without large scale infrastructure helping them along every step of the way.

this. Romans were definitely not blonde.

Since 400 CE Italians have got more blonde (in the North at least) than they ever were when they were on top.

Greeks might have been blonder though. The area that used to be Thrace was allowed by Justinian IIRC to be settled by Slavs and Bulgars (asians). They and the Turks eventually got their genes into Greece proper.

this:it's bullshit cooked up by an autistic undergrad in poli sci no doubt

Meant to quote

Non-white civilizations collapse every 100 years due to the inherently savage, back-stabbing nature of impulsive/greedy mud-people.... they'll never get their shit together. They'd literally rather die than organize create something better than themselves.

The contrast between our people's is stark....think of all the combined efforts of the BILLIONS of brown people that have lived on earth throughout time, and they still don't even compare to what 500 organized, western educated white people have accomplished in the past 60 years.

You aren't on our level, you're actually several levels below us.... how brown people muster any sense of pride in their people just boggles my mind...

>greeks
>white

>Romans definitely not blonde.

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

n-n-n-no, the R-romans definitely were Aryan, Th-that's just Jewish lies! The J-jews have al-always lied about everything!

Back then they were white before Persia had its way.

what are the units

it's not about being ahead, it's about hitting the finish line first.

>amerishart education

1- white people have ALWAYS been a minority on the planet
2- white people lived in frozen northern climates
3- white people are relatively new and didn't have thousands of years of developed land and academia to build upon
4- we had good fishing and hunting so nobody cared

Christian enlightenment culture is that good, of course a high innate IQ also helps. High IQ + good culture = success

The heavy influence of religion and isolationsim during the dark ages. While Eupore was constantly fighting the arabs were improving philosophy medicine and science. Eupore rising occured due to the inspiration from China that encouraged sea exploration. Eupore colonized the New World, and became so successful they colonized every other continent.

that city looks like a piece of modern art (degenerate garbage)

gunpowder and being very warlike

arabs didn't do anything to make technological progress except make the trade routes from asia safer.

ideas in math and medicine were Greek or Asian and would have existed had the Arabs stayed in the Peninsula.

unrelated: I read something interesting recently. the author asserted Arabs were like the Scandinavian and steppe people in that they were invading in cycles all throughout history. He says the Hebrews may have been Arab nomads who took advantage of a weakened Hittite Empire. The only reason we didn't see as many Arab conquests as German and steppe is that the Byzantines were better organized and richer than other empires.

>Non-white civilizations collapse every 100 years due to the inherently savage, back-stabbing nature of impulsive/greedy mud-people.... they'll never get their shit together. They'd literally rather die than organize create something better than themselves.

One of the dumbest things I have read. If anything it was the European infighting that helped China and the Islamic world get ahead

this is what Kyiv looks like in 2016 kek

minus the walls.

Think long and hard about what you're trying to measure.

Considering both world wars basically killed white people I think we're doing OK.

Some of the reasons White People are great is also holding them back. We are too open minded and accommodating and assume the best in everyone. We fell for Cultural Marxist and guilt shit and we're giving up our entire heritage. It's not over though because there is a line, and when that line is crossed ......

Because the climate was best for agriculture in the Middle East when Mesopotamia flourished.

At the same time, Europe was undergoing several population boom and bust cycles, which made it impossible to build a continuous civilisation.

if you measured Silver+gold tonnage per empire you'd probably come up with the same sort of picture.

religious instability

Europe had a good thing going after Jesus for awhile but slowly cracked, the creating of Papacy, more strength to the church less for the people, religious mandates and wars

only time things started getting better was after the reformation which was about 1400 years after the creation of Christianity

Islam also had a golden age right at the beginning for a awhile but fell hard after, the creation of the Caliphate,more strength to the Sheikhs less for the people, religious mandates and wars

and now 1400 years later we could be seeing a reformation soon, hopefully.

It has?

Ever heard of Greece and Rome?

If white people aren't superior how come that everyone else is being oppressed by us evil white racist bigots

The Roman empire has been the most powerful empire in history, even though it wasn't the largest.

And as said, ancient Greek culture basically influenced every developed country on this planet (just look at architecture, philosophy, democracy).

i think he means the dark ages

logical fallacies, ahoy!

>be Gallo-Roman patrician
>wow these Burgundians don't even mine silver
>they don't even have aqueducts or slums
>they don't even bareback their sisters in the morning and a boy at the bar at night
>their women can inherit land lol fags
>fucking Germans are such memes
>look at his gay mustache i bet he kisses girls with that

By those standards the whole non-european world has been in the dark ages for all of its history.

>so far ahead they had european engineers work out how to prevent floods at their black cube

Debatable really.

Totally agree, the only thing you got wrong is the range of the Islamic Golden age. The Umyadds were more focused on non-stop war and religious assimilation, and it really wasnt after they broke apart, ie 800ish, when the Golden age really got started

And around 1400, while the Islamic world was still doing well, it really couldnt be considered a Golden Age, and all the Ottoman nonsence really brought about more war than was beneficial to learning.

800-1400 was bretty great for Muslims tho

There are blonds who have a gracile mediterranid phenotype. Race is not defined purely on hair and eye colour, you stormnigger, it's mostly defined on skull structure.

And whoever wrote this shit has no idea about the ancient Graeco-Roman culture if he doesn't know what 'wine-colored' back then referred to.

He's right, all leaders of all great civilizations have had light colored eyes. There is no exception.

The golden age ended in around 1100, when the Greek knowledge which had motivated the Persians in pursuing intellectual activities was repressed by Islamic authorities.

The Islamic world has not produced a single valuable intellectual contribution since the year 1100.

Well think about it, which other empire not only built road infrastructure that lasted thousands of years but also spread their calendar and alphabet throughout the world?

Tthe Latin alphabet is the most used script on the planet.
This was all thanks to the Roman empire cultural influence in the world.

agreed. I meme'd it pretty hard by being overly brief.

What I wanted to emphasize was that the Islamo-Byzantines (can that be a word now?) were ahead until 1700 even if they were down to a canter.

no, by that logic the entire world would have been going through its own Renaissance during the renaissance age, every place has its own ages, OP was most likely referring to the Dark ages, when Europe was at its worst

plz enlighten me what is wine-colored?

>Ukraine
>independent

>you stormnigger
Was listening before that. Opinion disregarded.

If you're really curious, I'd recommend Ian Morris' book 'Why the West Rules for Now'. You can probably find it in a library. I've read it but don't remember any simple causes, only that you get a lot of history and good ideas along the way.

typical stormnegroid behavior
>la la la la la I can't hear or see you!! la la la

Because it's more impressive to win a comeback victory.

Does the book suggest that genetics plays a significant role in our dominance?

that was an awesome book, we should be all talking Chinese now had it not been for Genghis Khan

The answer is communication, it's the key to everything. Terrain and geographical position made communication and trade difficult with the rest of the world. Once the printing press came around europeans rapidly advanced and eventually took over the world.

All those "advanced" shitholes have nothing to show for it.

No, it hasn't been. In Ian Morris' 'Why the West Rules - for Now', he comes up with a civilization-level index, and for a while China was indeed higher. It included energy expenditure per capita, lifespan, stuff like that. The crown went back and forth between China and the West (if you include the near east) once or twice IIRC.

>he thinks the Muslim plebs were literate

my sides

Just so you know, your post doesn't refute shit, because anecdotes like the one your post began with are meaningless in the face of population samples like that list

Greeks referred to the colour of the sea as 'wine coloured'. Anyone that has read the Illiad should know this. Author of that didn't know, so I can discard his opinion.

oops it looks like you can't read
>90%
>three conditions, not just literacy
>what is commerce anyway?

are you schizophrenic?

why do you type like that

it's greentext
welcome to ifunny.com m8

dude people like that cant be argued with, its obvious from their how they post, dont bother

Caucasian and Northern humans have always been just barbarians.
You have to thank the Roman Empire and Christianity for the development of western/european culture.
Also you have to thank the Ottoman Empire and Islam for the degrade into utter shit of the middle east.

If baghdad was so great why didn't it stay the number 1 civilization throughout all of history

You're new aren't you?

>Libya
Prime example of why Arabs can't run shit.

No it's mainstream, so of course not. So yeah, it's another 'Guns, Germs and Steel'.

But, you have to admit, whites aren't Atlanteans - we were not always on top, there have been ups and downs even among whites.

There's another book, 'A Farewell to Alms' by Greg Clark, I think, that /is/ kind of racial - he says that England lost much of all of its population during the plague, and only the rich (and smart) could have large families for a while, and that's where we are now.

Are you saying there were other peoples in the world trying something like Democracy and Republican systems during classical antiquity?

Wine-colored can only refer to one color? The Iliad is literally a poem you mongoloid, and the color of the sea can vary with the time of day and the mood in a piece of literature. The author even addressed that question and rightly said that scholars can only guess and debate its meaning.

>Author of that didn't know, so I can discard his opinion.
Stop posting here.

Islam bought order into the middle east, the tribes all over the place finally had something to unite under, of course after the prophet died and the schism officially happened things started to go south.

also Ottoman Empire was anything but shit, well at first at least. ever hear of Suleiman the Magnificent?

There is a roman mosaic that depicts Alexander the Great as tall, lithy, swarthy, black haired and black eyed. The truth is that Alexander was short, muscular, fair skinned, blond and one blue and one black eye.

Now, why would the Romans assume that a great hero like Alexander was a swarthy brunet? If the Romans were blonde, then they would surely portray an almost literal demgod such as him as a blond.

Ceasar himself said that the Gauls mocked the Romans for being manlets. According to his notes, during the siege of Alesia 'the Gauls looked increduously as a the little Romans raised siege towers , something they had never seen before'.

if I was old here it certainly wouldn't be something to be proud of

I'll break it down for you since you are having trouble.

I said 90% of Europeans failed to meet three conditions including literacy

that does not imply the majority of Arab peasants met one of those conditions (literacy)

Libya was doing just fine before Killary decided to put a stop to it

Western thinking and theology was always about truth. Its natural outcome was Humanism.

For you, you are already seeing a reformation. Its wahhabism which is the perfect natural result of your fucking vile religion of conquest.

Because Europe started to rise to greatness only after we embraced Christianity.

except this isnt a debate, its a shouting contest, or at least its going to devolve into one very soon, if you just wanna troll the troll thats fine, dont bother trying to teach him anything