Why does no one ever address private debt in America?

Collectively, "private" debt is very much public. So many Americans are in debt they can't contribute to growth.

Debt is the true enemy of economic growth.

Speaking of debt, when you decide to deport the 150,000+ immigrant students in America, what will you do about the billions of dollars in student debt they leave behind. There are currently over 100,000 student on DACA alone, with billions of dollars in federal and private student loans. If you deport them, what reason would they have o pay that back?

>Collectively, "private" debt is very much public.
That's not how private anything works.
>So many Americans are in debt they can't contribute to growth.
That's still a problem in the private sector.
>Debt is the true enemy of economic growth.
And yet the global economy has spent the past 25 years growing at a literally unprecedented rate because of debt.

Also, how would you get the money back in the first place?

You deported them, so now they're no longer in the nation they owe the debt to.

You make the states that authorized the loans pay it

Their debt will obviously follow them.
International finance is international.
They can work it off in exclave labor camps for illegals trying to become legal.

.... which means us tax payers will pay it...

Is no one seeing the problem with deporting massive amounts of immigrant students before they can get their degrees?

Yeah I don't think Mexico will do that lol

If everyone is in debt at the same time collectively, it's pretty much the same impact as public debt.

But people have a bad habit of ignoring it.

See that? Public debt was low, but private debt was huge when that recession hit.

What, that they'll be debt slaves forever just like all the legal citizens who couldn't afford college but went anyway?
If you make a bad decision, you deserve to suffer the consequences. Illegally being in a country and attending a university there? Pretty fucking despicable. No sympathy for these people or their creditors.

And yet you're still conflating two things that are measured as distinct quantities.
The private sector and the public sector are different things.
I see no reason to take your economic analysis seriously, desu.

Do what? Defy the bankers who come demanding that their citizens pay debnts?
What do you think happens to Mexico when its citizens don't pay debnts?
That's right, Mexican assets get seized.
I really don't understand what your post is trying to convey.

What? That's not the point retard. If you deport students with debt, once they're deported, they won't pay back their student debt.

You still haven't answered my question. Why does no one here talk about private debt?

You talk about minimum wage and taxes, but never that.

Trying to hunt down hundreds of thousands of students across different nations to collect debt would be a logistic nightmare. Not to mention people will most definitely change their identities once they're gone.

Seized by whom, exactly? The bankers' secret army?

>If you deport students with debt, once they're deported, they won't pay back their student debt.
I guess we won't have to worry about China doing anything if we can't pay off our debt-the chinks will surely settle for losing all that money, just like we will, and has no legal recourse to do anything if we decide it's cool to just default on our national debt. Everyone knows that nothing ever gets repossessed in this global economy, no matter how much you can't pay off your debts.
>Why does no one here talk about private debt?
Everybody here complains about Jewish usury all the fucking time. Do you not realize what that is?
>You talk about minimum wage and taxes, but never that.
You're just wrong.

Exactly. Bankers have a tough time getting old women to payback their debts, right here in America.

And seize what assets exactly?

>Trying to hunt down hundreds of thousands of students across different nations to collect debt would be a logistic nightmare.
I assume you're an expert in tax law and logistics in general?
Besides, these people are being deported, how hard could it be to log them at the border before they get thrown over the wall?

Are you implying that banks normally don't punish those who never pay off their debt?
Even if they don't repossess them, interest is where a lot of the value that banks produce comes from. Debtors are assets to the important banks.
>And seize what assets exactly?
Mexico has a lot of factories that we've been sending jobs to. We could annex the country.

>Debt is the true enemy of economic growth.

Your money is debt, your whole economy is debt based economy.
You probably don't even know what is Federal Reserve doing.
And you are probably really fat.

Based Balkans telling it like it is

Not the OP, but the whole 2008 crisis was triggered by low income people defaulting on mortgages they shouldn't have had anyways.

Private debt does play a role in economic crisis...

>Private debt does play a role in economic crisis...
Nobody is denying that--what I take issue with are the following:
1) Public and private debt are the same thing, sub specie aeternitatis
2) It's impossible for creditors to collect debt from deported illegal immigrants once they're out of the country because they're hard to find
3) This impossibility makes kicking them out bad
1) is simply false, public debt is owed by the US government, private debt is owed by private citizens. Conflating these things is fallacious and contrary to reality; I am not the US government, but I am a US citizen; yes, a portion of the national debt can be assigned to me, but you can't assign my idiot sociology professor's $65k of FAFSA debt onto me just because we're part of the same state.
2) There's just no reason to think that banks need people to pay off their debt in order to profit off of them (if there were, why the fuck would anybody ever be involved in usury?)
3) There's just no reason to think that, even if banks DID lose money on debtors, making it harder for those banks to get 'their' money 'back' wouldn't be a good thing.