Man-Made Global Warming is Real

I hope Sup Forums doesn't actually buy into the "global warming is a hoax" crowd. You know it's an obvious obfuscation created by super wealthy corporations that stand to lose trillions if fossil fuels go away, right? There is so little disagreement amongst the scientific community that it's a big newsworthy deal when one of them does come out against it, like when a black guy supports Trump. Climate deniers have moved the goalposts from "climate change isn't happening" to "it is but it's not man-made" and now we're at "ok it's man-made but what about China?"

>inb4 Al Gore flew in a plane once therefore global warming isn't real
>inb4 there is corruption tied green technology companies. That doesn't mean it isn't real.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/phys.org/news/2016-09-greenland-ice-loss-trillion-pounds.amp&ved=0ahUKEwj0wLrwtdnQAhVI8IMKHeRYBJUQFghQMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHqdWqFFsKH39Rz2VrNBHjb3zolmA&sig2=mouS6DOfuS_zhKo4dVuGGQ
nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11733369/Earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Allowing billions in climate change research is wasting money that could've gone to job creation, economy improvement, and space exploration.

Clean Energy is a waste of fucking time. We found fossil fuels on distant planets, and were planning to expand our business across the universe.

>massive climate change happened over 10,000 years ago.
>climate change is caused by automobiles.

Pick one faggot.

Just because the climate changes naturally doesn't mean that we should also change it artificially with pollution.
>massive sustained pumping of climate changing molecules into the atmosphere will change the climate
who knew?

>climate changing molecules into the atmosphere

Oh dear.

>man made GHGs account for 0.01% of all GHGs in the atmosphere
>There hasn't been a single model that has correctly predicted climate change based on human action
>Ice caps are growing when they were predicted to be gone by now
>97% of scientists agree meme

nice rebuttal, it's almost like you have no science on your side

>>massive sustained pumping of climate changing molecules into the atmosphere will change the climate

Hey, for a couple of years there was almost a correlation!

>>massive sustained pumping of climate changing molecules into the atmosphere will change the climate

etc etc

if CO2 actually had an effect on the climate, we'd sure as hell be a lot hotter than we are now

I have logic and that's more stable than your science.

>stable
Well, when you're consistently wrong for more than 30 years, I suppose your science could be called 'stable'

>logic
>for a time, temperatures and CO2 concentration were rising
>so obviously CO2 was causing the temperature rise because correlation means causation!

Since then, long periods of negative correlation. CO2 sets a new record concentration each year, but we have cooling periods

>b-but climate cycles

If natural climate cycles, which are not clearly understood, easily overpowered this hypothetical CO2-driven increase, then perhaps we need to know more about these cycles. Who knows, the recent warming might have just been one of those!

It really was remarkable. All these people who "know science" couldn't figure out that correlation does not imply causation.

The other big fallacy: consensus is not science. Pic related.

Total Hoax

You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

>ice sheets not melting
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/phys.org/news/2016-09-greenland-ice-loss-trillion-pounds.amp&ved=0ahUKEwj0wLrwtdnQAhVI8IMKHeRYBJUQFghQMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHqdWqFFsKH39Rz2VrNBHjb3zolmA&sig2=mouS6DOfuS_zhKo4dVuGGQ

Took me literally 2 seconds to find this. You niggers should be gassed.

>All these people who "know science"
>consensus is not science

>Cognitive Dissonance: The Post

I'm glad we cleared that up!

Took me literally 2 seconds to find this from NASA. You should be gassed for your ignorance
nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

....thanks for the nitpick.

lol projected record cold temperatures in almost every square mile of america this winter

>if CO2 actually had an effect on the climate, we'd sure as hell be a lot hotter than we are now

Its like you think this argument was never shot down

>I assert thing A causes increase B
>data shows thing A sets new record every year
>B isn't increasing
>for periods of time, B decreases while A continues to increase

How do I shoot down people pointing out that, at the best, thing A doesn't seem to have any effect on thing B?

fucking kill yourself for being too stupid to live.

your fake science isn't wanted here, gobemouche.

whatever, oil shill.

funded by communists.

You retards always post this. That's only covering Antarctica. Globally ice sheets are still losing ice at a rate greater than Antarcticas gains. Its gains hardly make dent in the percentage lost.

>it's cold where i am that means it cant get hot anywhere else
How do people still think this kind of stuff

>funded by communists
>who want to prove that climate change exists
>T-THAT ICE DOESNT COUNT

>must be time to file for more grant money to prove a predetermined result.

fuck you, moron. kys

>fossil fuels
Jesus fucking Christ. Every fucking time. WHAT fossil fuel?! Oil is NOT a officially NOT a "fossil" fuel and hasn't been for years. The concept of "fossil" fuel is an unproven jewish theory anyways. If methane is a fossil fuel then why is Saturn's moon Titan full of it?

>oil shill

Who do you think stand to benefit the most from cap and trade?

Those niggas will get massive credits for their industry, which they can then sell for outrageous profit. Moreso if they then move into "clean" energy, reducing oil production and freeing up more credits while increasing the supply/demand price of their oil, and then making even more money from selling those freed credits to actual productive industry.

Hell, the original Obama cap and trade proposal had the market being practically administered by energy companies

Energy companies are jerking themselves raw at the concept of climate legislation.

Yes, but the earth can change the climate at a massive rate from things like volcanos. Also you should explore geoengineering.

That's not what I said.

You know that Antarctica is not the only ice sheet right?

You're simple bruh

Yes OP, the earth is warming up

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11733369/Earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years.html

/thread

>people still believe hydrocarbons are decayed plant/animal matter
>despite them being found in massive quantities on lifeless planets
>and easy to produce using processes like the Fischer-Tropsch system, which is basically a manmade simulation of the lower crust/upper mantle
>and huge numbers of oil wells producing out of 5000+ feet of solid granite, under which nothing ever lived

>MAH JERBS!
Fuck up boomer

>Climate deniers have moved the goalposts

>Climate deniers

>CLIMATE DENIERS

The climate does not exist it just a hoax.

Yes, and you will never guess who is to blame.

This is why they had to start calling it climate change. Retards hear "global warming" and say

>but it cold here!!!

Fucking a.

How to know when something is not as it seems:

Is it a topic commonly discussed on MSM?
Does the MSM have a favorable view of the topic?
Do they attack dissenters?
Can the topic be used to incite fear?
Is there a lot of money invested into the topic?
And finally, the most important of the criteria: Are politicians involved in the topic?

If all of the above is true then there is a 99% chance you are being lied to / manipulated for some unknown reason by the powers that be.

...because methane can synthesize in more than one way?

Fuck off faggot. If God didn't want me to leave the lights on then he wouldn't have given me a good job. And if our Lord Jesus Christ didn't want me to waste so much petrol then he wouldn't allow us to constantly fuck with the Ragheads and drain all their oil.

Once again...

Sup Forums: The (((MSM))) is controlling the masses with the meta in news stories!!! Protect your mind!!!

Sup Forums: (((Climate Change))), (((Carbon Tax))), and ((($ustainable Energy))) are not scams used as another bogeyman to frighten the masses into action or compliance. The (((science))) is real and not taking action now is equal to that of Pascal's Wager.

Science is not consensus, but as I'm not a climate scientist I don't really think I have the knowledge of statistics, chemistry, etc to judge for myself. NASA tells me there's anthropogenic climate change and I believe them.

No it isn't, and it's not global warming, it's global cooling and it's because of our Sun.

>it's duh joos

to be fair we just outsourced our pollution to them

Congratulations, you just commited treason. Expect a visit from the FBI very soon.

Sure, if that's what you want to call them.

tfw a major volcanic eruption leaves Al Gore fondling his dick in fear

there is a way larger share of climate change deniers in the MSM than in the scientific community

Doesn't that work the other way around? Global warming is a battle of corporate interests either way. My main issue with global warming is basically the state of the ozone. If the ozone is still okay and doesn't show signs of fucking up, then things heating up or cooling is probably natural.

>falling for the ozone meme

Why do you think we can only artificially impact the ozone layer but not the rest of the atmosphere?

This. All the "doubt" comes from fossil fuel industry lobbyists, shills, and benefactors.

Everyone should be forced to have a tattoo of their cumulative lifetime greenhouse gas emissions on their forehead.

This hole thing is no problem, I got your back op. If we could get everyone in the us to turn there air conditioner on plus leave the doors and windows open we could have this fixed in a jiffy. See you got to think outside of the box OP if you really care. Like instead of deporting people why don't we just kill them and feed them to the poor. Think how much less pollution that would make with all those people gone and all those poor people fed. Just body heat alone that's got to add up to alot plus all the heat and pollution generated from the resources they use which is got me thinking what if there were no people in Africa, I bet that would save alot of heat generation and reduce the pollution by alot. We should probably throw the climate researchers on that list too since we wont need them anymore. Who else should be added to the list?