Not a Christian, but want the same things as conservative Christians

I have never been a Christian because I could never believe in all the supernatural nonsense that goes hand-in-hand with Christianity. If anything, I lean more toward taoism/buddhism.

However, I agree very strongly with many conservative Christian political viewpoints, and feel like Western society needs a unifying religious belief system if it ever hopes to survive.

I also have noticed that Christians tend to have a really great built-in community of friends and acquaintances (through Church).

But I can't fall for the Christ story. I like the symbolism, and can embrace Christianity to a certain extent as a fictional story.....but since I can't actually BELIEVE Christianity, I don't know how I could make use of the good parts without lying to myself?

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE&t=7335s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

user, here is the secret: christianity's moral code is something all true western gentlemen live by and agree on. its our culture. if you are a westerner, you cant separate yourself from it.

the stories and the concept of a god that sees your sins or whatever is just something we tell children so they behave and women so they stand by their man and dont go fuck random chads.

you sound jewish

Go to church. Join their community. Be a good person. You are now a Christian. Just remember that everything in the bible is a collection of stories to teach morals and shouldn't be taken 100% literally. Jesus always spoke in parables.

>reads post
>sees ID

Tough luck, chap. Maybe try praying it away?

>I have never been a Christian because I could never believe in all the supernatural nonsense

Stop tipping your fedora and grow some balls.

Commit to a religion like a man.

Christ died and rose from the dead on the third day. I could write a thesis on why this is the most plausible outcome. As an ex-atheist, I testify that Christ truly does work in your life.

For this reason, Christianity had risen to the top and together with European advancement, created the greatest civilizations the world has ever seen.

It is a difficult pill to swallow, but Christ is the son of the living God. It may seem silly and there will be people who provide a compelling case against him, but the truth stands on its own merit. Christ stands forever.

I agree with user. Western beliefs and morals are just refined principles passed on by judeo-christians. When the race war comes, i'll say i'm a devout catholic or whatever and go crusade the fuck out of shitskin europe in 20 years. Muslims can eat shit. Jews I don't really have a problem with, I don't think being jewish is inherently an evil thing, but some jews are definitely wealth absorbing degenerates.

this guy gets it

Except 99% of Christians are assholes who want to believe they're good people.

>commit to religion like a man
>let the man in the sky make all your moral and ethical choices for you the rest of your life, then blame your inadequacies on him for making you full of original sin

Care to cite your source on that? Im sure you can define what a good person is with your infinite wisdom.

>Strawman

Weak

It just makes sense, /pol probably has a solid point that Jews control X
X = media, government, banks, new world order, whatever fucking pol autistically screeches these days
But that being said, i'm friends with a ton of random jews and none of them are greedy shekelly fucks and a few of them even supported Conservatives/Republicans

there is no source, that's just his opinion. It's on you to fucking process what he said. Nobody is going to source their opinion when it cannot be proven as fact nor false thats simply for you to decide. Can't explain that sort of shit to every retard on the internet.

Rhetoric, leaf. Don't be so dense

It's not wrong you pleb. Christians are notorious assholes thats blame their inadequacies on the convenience of religion. They even quote their moral backbone as stemming from the bible and often pray for problems to go away.

Literally the exact opposite of what it means to be a man, think for yourself and your family and make your own decisions you weak minded faggot

Asking someone to cite their source doesn't serve as rhetoric. Rhetoric by nature serves as a device in an argument so in essence all you made was a sarcastic remark.
>faggot

>ID
>IFAG

>t. Retarded leaf who has no fucking clue what Christianity is about

But it is. Like you said, that's your opinion. Christians, by comparison to other cultures, are incredibly accepting and loving. Christianity is centered around love and self-sacrifice, and the inherent flawed nature of man. Prayer is a request to guide us to the right path.

Have their been some heinous acts committed by Christians? Absolutely. But go move to Africa or an Islamic country if you hate Christians so much.

Your country, your history, and everyone you know and love have Christianity to thank for it. All those hospitals and universities and advancements in civilization and building societies. Really, big assholes right?

No surprise an atheist is so assblasted and ignorant. Christianity wrote the book on being a man, and has the record to show for it.

You are no man. You are a weakling, a cuck.

>Not understanding literary devices

Guess you need to take high school English again

The biggest redpill is when you realize that Christianity isn't a "scientific" truth in the sense that it explains how the universe works. That's science, that's physics which follow concrete laws in how matter interacts. Its a moral, humanistic truth. Its an amalgamation of the most positive traits to pursue in oneself to create a better society. Its not perfect, but its the best that has been created.

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE&t=7335s

redpilled
sodomite faggot kikes

You sound American.

You do realize it's fine not to bee 100% conservative? That you're not supposed to embrace one side or the other fully for a lack of more than two choices?

Keep friends and family close, do not throw away your kids once they are 18. Be faithful and smart and you'll be doing alright.

What do? Sorry buddy but you need to kill your self. Not because of what you say, in fact I agree with you. You need to kill your self because your ID mandates it, you butt-fucking faggot.

>I don't think being jewish is inherently an evil thing

I disagree.

What you stand for is an idealized form of Christianity as a representation of your own values. You're doing the same thing those Fundamentalists came up with little more than a hundred years ago: You've created your own God. You're listening to your own voice and calling it "God".

It's all find and dandy until you find yourself struggling with this voice that won't shut up about made up shit you came up with. Like the moment this voices demands you go to hell for skipping work (because you happen to be workaholic and work is everything to you.) Or your voice says you're on the wrong side of history and you're only just making life harder for the poor muslims and gays (even though God supposedly hates both.)

And at the end of the day, were you to read the bible for all that it's worth, you notice a bunch of uncomfortable truths about God that convince you he must be very, very evil to do what he does.

I'm saying this as a believer. I've read a bunch of shit on the bible, and I'm convinced that God and Jesus are something I'm not comfortable with submitting to, the same way I'd rather not submit to a tyrant.

Tell me user, why can't you accept Jesus as your savior. I really would like to know.

Individually Jews are okay. When they are individuals they integrate into America. When they group together thats when problems start happening. They're collectivists. They aren't in it to improve the country, they are trying to make themselves stronger. That's why people hate them.

This is correct. If only more people realized this...

I don't hate christians that much but if you could silence your autistic screeching and actually read what I said you would see that. I don't beef with christians. Im saying Christianity is a great way to be a fucking hypocrite and blame other people/forces for your failure. People have been doing that with all religion for years. If you aren't able to see that then you're a brainwashed faggot

You can take the Bible as a guide to live a good and moral life and not opt into the religious part

You can join the community and act a good and moral life without believing in the man in the sky. If you aren't able to present to me an argument why I should believe in something that is inherently unarguable. then i'll join your cult. Until then, i'll back christians in the coming race wars
>Deus Vult

Someone who has the power to end suffering and elects not to is neither loving nor good. You may say suffering has nothing to do with goodness or love but your argument is undermined at the first by hell/suffering being the result of being unrightous.

This is kinda me. I love the cultural aspect of Christianity.

you will find God in doing so.

I don't let /pol dictate how I think you faggot. Being an evil piece of shit isn't comparable to being Jewish. If I joined their religion tomorrow I wouldn't suddenly become a blood sucking parasite. Though I think it is what user here said Maybe in a group they're evil, but as individuals they can integrate into the nation to better it without ruining everything.

99% of everyone are assholes that want to believe they are good people. At least Christians have standard that they actually tend to live up to. When a family member dies and an entire brigade of old ladies descends on your house with casseroles, you know you are loved and are part of a community.

The important part of religion are the rituals that form bonds between community members. If it takes believing in a literal Son of God, so be it.

The left has spent decades tearing down religion in the West, but hasn't replaced it with anything that engenders community.

The left points to past transgressions of Christianity and draws false equivalents between the refusal to bake a cake for a gay wedding and militant Islamists who butcher people.

People need the commonality that religion provides, which is why the most extreme wings of the Social Justice movement has all the trappings of a cult, complete with a Devil (racism, misogyny, patriarchy) and original sin (privilege)

Archeological finds in Turkey strongly indicate that religion and rituals are the CAUSE of civilization rather than being a byproduct. We're hardwired to seek it out.

So the left degrades Christianity as an opposing religion and embraces Islam as the enemy of my enemy. The left does not grasp that Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions that are opposed not because of their great differences, but because of their similarities.

To OP's point, you can chose the religion you want to associate with, relatively tolerant Christianity with the occasional hurt feelings over unbaked gay wedding cakes and histrionics about the War on Christmas, or shit getting blowed up, gays getting tossed if roofs Islam.

Choose, but choose wisely.

Religion to me seems like an easy way for a weak person to blame other people and other shit for his own fucking problems. I know it's not true.
Maybe im just being a faggot though I don't know. I don't recognize christianity as evil but I don't know the value of it being good in today's society. Sometimes I think i'm just one bad day away from finding god though.

>atheism

I find atheists to be by far the most sheep minded people. There reasons for disbelief are some cliche argument that they never bother to actually research.

They'll say something like if God exists why is there so much evil, yet they never bother to search "Christian responses to the Problem of Evil".

It appears to me most of them are just trying to justify their hedonism and just pray God isn't there.

If you feel God isn't there it's because you can't expect God to be where there is sin and abomination.

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

People will get tired of this argument, as I make it here so often, but the word belief can be misleading.

Do you know you can use the placebo effect without being tricked into believing a lie? If you consciously use your imagination, you'll obtain a similar effect.

Another example I use is erotic literature. You don't have to believe there's a real woman naked before you, as you read, to get an erection. It still affects your body.

Consider also fairy tales. For their wisdom to be useful, you don't have to believe the events narrated really happened.

And so forth.

I wouldn't classify myself as an athiest but as a sciency type of person, I tend to believe shit when I see it. I said before I don't have any problems with theists and I don't think believing in jesus makes you good or bad at all. I'd like to think that I can live a hedonistic life with the full intention of helping the planet and doing the best I can with what i've been given. Maybe make a strong positive difference in the world or something. If at the end of all that, and living a casual peasant agnostic life I end up burning in hell then so be it. If Jesus brings me to his gates, i'll enter his domain on my own conditions, not his.
I really want to find a god, but I don't feel any presence and I can't give myself over to any idea if i'm lying to myself, just like OP.
I guess I am doomed to burn for the sin of incontinence.

You misunderstand it as a sort of solidified document or set of beliefs where the idea of God hasn't changed over the past millennia. Its a fundamental portion of our psyche where we keep tradition in order to have our feet planted in the ground of order, but we use our conscience to continually adapt to the new conditions surrounding us. Christianity has had several revelations like the Enlightenment in order to build upon the original fundamental religious truth for more modern times. Its the same sort of story as the constitution of the United States. It was a document written in a very different time that is still followed today, but with adjustments that were created ideally to steer the country in the right direction.

In a way it is creating our own "God" as you continually are attempting to belittle with. God is our idealized version of a person that we would like to live up to. Deities and religious figures are amalgamated "truths" that can represent different aspects of the human condition, and can represent things to pursue and which to avoid. God has never been static in the interpretation of His intentions, nor will He ever be. Failing to understand that is failing to understand the history of Christianity in the first place.

And this is coming from a person whose household was raised atheistically, but now finding themselves deeply religious.

As for blaming others, well, I think it's the opposite. Repentance is a way to change bad behavior (vices) that leads to negative results in your life. You have to admit them before you can change them.

It's not a way to live in eternal guilt. As soon as the contradiction between your conscience and your behavior is eliminated, you feel good and your life changes for the better.

Go fuck yourself you smug little faggot cunt. By the way we don't all turn the other cheek.

Not disagreeing with you but if you're such a good Christian why are you here on this site?

So what if living like I do, enjoying the 'sinful' qualities of life - premarital sex, occasional drugs, occasional alcohol, etc... leads me a path of happiness?
I live selfishly, for the purpose of being able to eventually do my best for society. (I want to teach my primary major - economics)

Why should I repent something that I don't let consume me? What if I give up my "vices," accept jesus (betray my principles) and live like christian with no intention of helping anybody?

Does god accept the results of a good person without the acceptance of his presence? Or does that mean I get to live out eternity with Virgil in Limbo?

If you're happy with yourself and your community, there's nothing to change. Religion enters the picture the moment you think otherwise.

To further the point I guess what i'm saying is I am a good person, I think. I want to do whatever helps my people as best I can and i'm good at teaching.

Is it possible to live in the light of god while living your life without him? Or do I recognize your god as mine as well without even knowing it. Shits confusing as fuck son.

Yes good goyim! Especially ignore that parts about how before Abraham was He is, and also the part where he calls Jews of their father the Devil the father of lies! It was only a parable goyim oy vey! You can honestly take such silly nonsense literally.

Just so you understand my perspective: I don't believe in the afterlife or anything magical whatsoever.

With that in mind, consider the following.

Here's a trick to verify your claim that you're a good person. I'm not ordering you to use it, it's up to you.

Sit down for one hour everyday and observe the contents of your mind. For a month, say. The benefits of meditation are well documented, so you'll be better off for this even if you don't experience what I'm about to tell you.

One thing that happens is that your mind starts connecting your mentality and behavior to your life results. You'll observe the same patterns in the society you live in.

If you're satisfied with what you see and at peace with yourself, meditation will be a piece of cake and religion won't be necessary.

You might realize you have several internal conflicts between your conscience and the way you think and act, however.

One way to eliminate them is to avoid conscience altogether. This is a very popular approach. Easy pleasures relieve anxiety quickly to some extent. But they don't suppress conscience completely;

Another approach is to change the mindsets and behaviors that bother you.

That's when religion can help you do that.

You don't have to be dogmatic.

If you meditate, please, simply observe whatever your mind throws at you, don't follow a specific protocol that might block its contents.

Well, I have to add something. Forget God for a while as you do this.

And really try to be present by renewing your perception of what's going on in your mind frequently as you meditate. Remember you can't extend attention, it's intermittent, so renew it often.

My only advice beyond that is to not indulge pleasant fantasies that your mind will come up with to make the experience as escapist as, say, video game.

You can count on that.

Alright user, i'll do it.

Your language is so pretentious 'nonsense' etc.

Roman Catholicism and and the strength to do moral right in the times it matters when you stand alone comes from knowing God,Christ and the Holy Spirit exist and are as real are you are. You are not 'falling' for anything. It is truth.

Our self-repression weakens around the 40 minute mark and that's when shit starts coming up, but it can take several sessions for anything significant to be uncovered.

Because we try our best not to see our worst traumas, insecurities, failures and vices. Sometimes they come as a shitstorm and then it's common to break down in tears. The release is quite pleasant.

Eurocuck here. All the best beers are brewed by monks. Idiot

can confirm

Also, beer was used by monks to get closer to god/dog.

Is that thread archived?

>It is a difficult pill to swallow

Yes, being part of the largest religion in the world must be tough.

go to bed sven