Please explain to me why ull time culinary workers don't deserve 15 an hour (aka a living wage)

Please explain to me why ull time culinary workers don't deserve 15 an hour (aka a living wage).

And before you say
>durr these jobs are meant for teenagers in school for extra cash XD

False, fast food jobs depend on full time Adult workers. I have worked in fast food before and the backbone of the store is the full time adult employees and managers (even the managers are paid poverty wages btw). Fast food stores would not and are not run by a bunch of part time highschool workers.

So if you defend poverty wages, what you are saying is that fast food and other businesses that pay min wage depend on their existence on having full time adult workers living in poverty.

#fightfor15

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKnUfaS7nz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

full time **

you don't deserve shit. you get paid what you are worth. if you think you're worth more, try negotiating it or find a job elsewhere

$15 isn't the same everywhere in the US. Liberal strongholds like LA, San Fran and NYC have ridiculously high cost of living compared to the rest of the country. Minimum wage in San Fran won't even get you a 6x6 room, but in much of the country you can get by well enough on it. If you want more than that, put in the effort to rate a non-minimum wage job.

If you want to set a $15 an hour minimum wage in those cities/counties/whatever, have at it. But fuck a $15 federal minimum wage.

we are doing that by trying to get the min wage forced.

And stop with this 'you are paid what you are worth meme'

It's false. A company's only purpose is to make money. They will do whatever they can to make money. They would pay you nothing if they could get away with it and they have (slavery). They will pay you as little as legally allowed.

There are over 30 million full time working adults making minimum wage or near it (they are in poverty).

There simply isn't enough jobs for them to just go find a new job.

So you think 30 million adults who work full time should live in poverty just because a company wants to make a lot of money?

Keep in mind that these companies CAN afford to pay a living wage. They just dont want to because by their nature they will do everything they can to maximize profit.

You are saying that over 30 million adults working fulltime just have to live in poverty because tough luck? Because there aren't just 30 million good paying jobs just laying around.

I am inclined to agree. How about a living wage?

Enough to afford a basic apartment, utilities, food, gas, car insurance, health insurance and phone bill

$15 won't help you. Your Jewish landlord will raise the rent.

"Oy vey goy! I'm raising the rent since your making all this money now! I'm really the victim here!"

t. Working homeless in California making $15.75.

A good hamburger is already $5 or more, if it goes up to $10 I won't even bother. But they will automate it before they endanger their customer base. Plus I don't like niggers handling my food so please fight for $15 so automation happens quicker.

not really.

You realize that the minimum wage has been raised many different times before? None of these scenarios actually ever happened.

And if you truly think that after the increase in the minimum wage, prices will rise to cancel it out and make their wage basically the same as it was before, then why do you care? If it changes nothing, why are you so against it?

>Keep in mind that these companies CAN afford to pay a living wage. They just dont want to because by their nature they will do everything they can to maximize profit.

Hello, reddit. Try starting a business and get back to me. I want to pay my employees more. I can't. You make 15/hr happen and I close my doors and muh big bad mega companies take over. Same reason they push for regulations, because liberal faggots like you can't comprehend that small businesses operate on thin margins and such measures are much more likely to impact me than a company that has 1k lawyers on payroll.

Bait thread saged

There is nothing that prevents the states from setting their own minimum wage standards. MN has had a higher minimum wage for a long time. In August, it goes up to $7.74 for small employers (less than 50 employees) and $9.50 for large employers. There is no reason for federal interference.

The price increases aren't the fault of the min wage. The minimum wage hasn't been raised in a long time.

Companies continue to raise prices year after year after year without ever raising the wages of their workers.

Why is everything getting more expensive.

if your business depends on paying your employees poverty wages in order to survive, it is a shitty business model and need to go under.

> b b b b but if you make slavery illegal, all of these plantations will go out of business !

>when you win the argument

feels good man

And the point is, 'poverty wage' doesn't mean the same thing everywhere. So stop change state or local minimum wage laws, don't push this $15 an hour bullshit down everyone's throat with a federal reg.

>unironically supports big businesses
>unironically uses a false comparison

This has become a viable option these years. The big corporations just need a little push, and burger-flippers, baristas & similiar folk, will be jobless by the thousands.

I said earlier that this is right. I advocate for a living wage. It depends on where you live.

I live in the midwest where things are cheaper. a $13min wage would be livable

And guess what, millions depend on those jobs. You may not like it, but that is just the reality.

It is just reality that there are millions of humans that don't have many skills. Especially in the United States where you cant go to college unless you have wealthy parents willing to pay $20,000 a year for your to go to college.

So these 10s of millions of people are going to need food and income, so tax payers like you will end up paying for them :).

$13 an hour? You don't make that in the midwest without a college degree.

>wanting big businesses to cut into their massive profits to pay their employees a living wage is supporting big businesses.

You do realize how monumentally stupid you are right?

>kill the mom and pop shops
>kill the growing businesses
>only people left are the corporations

Congradulations. Not only did you sucessfully minimize the market, but now you've created public distent for the corporations. You really didn't think this though, did you?

then the taxpayers stop paying taxes and the nice little social welfare system collapses upon itself. Then the leftists get eaten by their precious minority's they imported. Sounds like a win win.

i actually support it. I'm not a liberitarian, I'm a fascist, fuck corporations

How about stop being a lazy idiot and go make something of your life and get a job that pays the wage you want. Fast food is not a career, it's a retard job which is why it's being automated away. Change yourself, not the system, because you alone are responsible for choosing the wage you want to earn and thus life you want to live.

Entitled liberal shitstain snowflake.

l don't want the number of dollars l get paid to increase
I want the value of the dollar to increase
I would be perfectly fine with 10$/hour in an America where a nice house is 20,000

Bear in mind too that $15/hour bc of payroll taxes and all that other good shit is more like $20-25/hr depending on the area/line of work.

see, id have more respect for liberals if they ever fucking once mentioned the per diem rate for each county. just about every county has a national per diem rate companies use to budget projects, but ive never once fucking heard that outside of work

>i still wouldnt respect liberals if they mentioned it

/thread

see this is bullshit. its not paying employees more money that is the problem,

the problem is employers paying almost as much money to the governement as they do each employee.

There's your real income tax.

>muh wheelchair ramps
>lobbied by some generic huge corporation leftists hate
>law passes 425-10 in Congress
>everyone circle jerks and virtue signals
>$750k revenue company operating on 3% profit margin wanted to give it's employees small cost of living raises
>now has to use it to build a ramp no one will use, an extra parking spot, a balance bar in the bathroom, and a few signs
>employees get pissed at "greedy owner"
>megacorp that lobbied for it laughing bc it costs them a fraction percentage wise to implement new regulations

This is how life as a small business owner works in America

>working 60 hours a week to survive because greedy companies pay starvation wages
>lazy

Yeah they have to split up the tax burden so the employee doesn't see how much he's actually paying. Otherwise there would be a war.

$15/hr worker in Ohio doing a standard job really cost around $20. Then his taxes he sees on his paycheck he has like around $11.xx he gets to keep. 45% of his wage was taxed before he got to touch it. And this is in relatively low tax Ohio.

It's not that they're not needed, it's the type of work they're asking to be paid that much for doing.

For instance, someone who flips burgers at McDonald's wants to be paid as much as say, a construction worker, a cop, an IT guy, etc.

Those people actually went through some type of program/on the job training to learn how to do their profession (professions that are actually needed within a society might I add).

Burger flippers aren't actually needed and almost anyone without any type of training can learn to do it in an hour.

That's why they shouldn't be paid nearly as much as them. They should go to school or get training in something that's actually needed (which there are more than enough opportunities within America to attain such training, so there's no excuse not to do so).

>lease explain to me why ull time culinary workers don't deserve 15 an hour

its not up to any of us to decide what someone deserves for their work. that's entirely between them and their employer, and usually ends up boiling down to a matter of supply vs demand.

And employers would not just stash that money if they didn't have to pay it to the govt. Not in a free market anyway. You can only run profit margins so high, otherwise someone will gladly enter the market and undercut you out of business.

>being so dumb as to keep making the same life decisions to enter and stay in that cycle
>being so lazy that you don't dare get a job where you don't stand around doing nothing most of the day or night
>being so lazy you don't research and explore options and opportunities
>being so entitled that you think your constant failures are everybody else's burden to carry
>being so greedy with your life that you want other people to make something of it
>being that liberal

Wagies in this thread are too cute, especially who thinks people can make their lives better if they work hard enough.

>Play video games, masturbate and watch cartoons all day
>Watching wagies go to work just so they can fuel me

1. The economy is not strong enough to support a 15 dollar minimum wage especially for small businesses
2. Due to advancing technology, you may not even be worth keeping for that much if they can replace you with a cheaper robot alternative

>cheaper robot alternative
There aren't any right now, I don't understand why people think companies would magically start mass automating if the minimum wage was 15$, they would start mass automation now if it was that cheap.

Stupidest idea ever
It will kill small businesses that can't afford to pay the new minimum wage.
OH WAIT, they'll just pay cash under the table anyway like hundreds of small businesses already do. So not only does raising the minimum wage not help anyone as they can just pay the workers less under the books, they'll also not be paying taxes.

NEGATIVE
INCOME
TAX

That's what you do. Instead of forcing the burden on businesses, the government can reimburse money to workers under the poverty line or need more to make a living wage and support dependents in their family. So someone making minimum wage would get an extra $5 per hour from the government so they can support themselves. This wouldn't burden businesses.

Of course, no one cares what proven economists like Friedman have to say. Only what makes people feel good.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKnUfaS7nz8

What do you do with your life, user?

When I was 16, I made $6.25 an hour bagging groceries.

That was shit, so when I was 17 I got a job that paid that plus commission. I was making about $12 an hour.

Then I wanted to get an apartment, and $12 an hour wasn't enough. So when I was 18, I found a sales job where I ended up making about $20 an hour on average with my commission.

A few years later I started my own business.

Instead of bitching that you need to be paid twice as much to do the work a child can do, you need to get out there and advance yourself. You'll never care about what the minimum wage is if you move past it, rather than remaining stagnant in your shitty job.

>oh shit we need to riase the minimum wage because people whose jobs are the easiest around to automate need money!
>oh shit corporations intalled more automation and fired half of their burger flippers!
>better raise taxes to pay for all these new welfare customers!

Every fucking time.

They do. Don't complain to the customers about that, but complain to your boss, Mr. Shlomo Shekelsteinberg.

how about getting a real job you fucking loser

median hourly wage in US is about $17.40

you're living in fantasy land if you think there will be a $15 federal minimum wage within the next few decades

Paying a $15 an hour living wage to everyone will further disadvantage the illegal immigrant population. You're not racist against Mexicans are you?