Brit/pol/ - Hope Lost Edition

>Peter Hitchens: Just cuck my shit up, wtf I love Tim Farron now
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/12/we-crushed-the-remainers-now-we-must-be-kind-to-them.html

>Corbyn: Labour will seek amendment to any Article 50 bill
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38196303

>Farron hails 'shock' by-election win
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38184119

>‘They were WRONG’ Judges' ruling made Brexit ‘almost a footnote’, blasts Attorney General
express.co.uk/news/politics/739374/Brexit-High-Court-Article-50-Parliament-Attorney-General

>Supreme Court Brexit case: What does the Article 50 challenge mean for Brexit?
express.co.uk/news/politics/739382/Supreme-Court-Brexit-case-what-does-Article-50-challenge-mean-for-Britain-EU-exit

>Europol: ‘Indisputable’ That Terrorists Entered Europe Posing as Refugees
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/03/europol-indisputable-terrorists-entered-europe-posing-refugees/

>On Sunday Austria To Choose Between Globalism or Populism
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/02/austria-choose-globalism-populism/

>Child abuse investigation 'not a witch-hunt'
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/02/edward-heath-child-abuse-investigation-not-a-witch-hunt

>Le Pen victory in France would be 'body blow' to Europe, says Cameron
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/marine-le-pen-victory-in-french-elections-would-be-body-blow-to-europe-says-david-cameron-a7453571.html

>David Davis and Remain Chancellor Hammond plan to keep us in the EU under "grey Brexit"
thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/brexit-fades-from-hard-to-soft-to-grey-p3sttjkk6
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38199310

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-38199251
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/12/we-crushed-the-remainers-now-we-must-be-kind-to-them.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Rn3vuKEgTbs
politics.co.uk/news/2014/04/29/boris-johnson-attacks-crazy-immigration-crackdown
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/13/boris-johnson-immigration-uk_n_4955649.html
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/05/immigration-london-sparta_n_5450256.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10404421/Boris-I-am-the-only-British-politician-who-will-admit-to-being-pro-immigration.html
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-backs-illegal-immigrants-amnesty-as-he-hints-he-may-run-for-third-term-as-london-mayor-8683014.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

should've mounted cannons

>While Michał Kalecki was generally enthusiastic about the Keynesian revolution, he predicted that it would not endure, in his article "Political Aspects of Full Employment". In the article Kalecki predicted that the full employment delivered by Keynesian policy would eventually lead to a more assertive working class and weakening of the social position of business leaders, causing the elite to use their political power to force the displacement of the Keynesian policy even though profits would be higher than under a laissez faire system: The erosion of social prestige and political power would be unacceptable to the elites despite higher profits
Hmm...

I'm no Marxist, but one has to wonder if there may be some merit to this analysis.
Perhaps, seeing the power of the unions in the 1970s in combination with stagflation (caused by oil shocks) the ruling classes saw their chance to bring the worker to heel and seized it.

Perhaps class is stronger than nationality. Perhaps seeing the choice between selling out nations to neoliberal globalism, or retaining a Keynesian system that would continue to embolden the middle and working classes, our social betters decided that nations really were an outdated concept and markets (including labour, naturally, except in the Cayman Islands.) really ought to be open between borders. Sure, you strange British culture - but America'd been doing that anyway. Much easier to just make the union man compete with the Chinaman.

I leave the country for 5 years, cast my vote to leave the EU, and you guys screw it all up while I'm gone.

Anyway what's the situation, lads?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-38199251
They got one of our guys

traitors gonna treason

So are people still pretending that Brexit wasn't a terrible decision?

GOOD MORNING

A few days ago I first said this

"Our soft-as-fuck Brexit will be labelled a "firm Brexit" or similar, and anyone in future who actually wants to leave the EU can be labelled an "extreme Eurosceptic" or a similar "He's nuts" term that implies we've already left the EU and that the issue is settled forever."

And today, we see this breaking news in The Times;
>"Theresa May has given ministers the green light to draw up secret plans for a “grey Brexit” that will steer Britain away from the black-and-white demands of “leave” and “remain” hardliners.

>Senior Whitehall sources say David Davis, the Brexit secretary, and Philip Hammond, the chancellor, have formed a “small clique” with Downing Street to drive Britain away from a hard exit."

Apologise.

>hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/12/we-crushed-the-remainers-now-we-must-be-kind-to-them.html

As much as I like Morality Man, he's too easy to give up. Settling for a Norway deal is pure cuckoldry.

>The guests on AM today
This is going to be a top tier episode today lads

Funny how all the threats against Farage, police do nothing.

>Perhaps class is stronger than nationality
I don't think I made it clear that this was supposed to be a little joke. What I'm saying isn't "Ah, the British worker will get on finely with the Chinese worker, both are exploited" but a joke as to how the British and Chinese elites can have a laugh at how rich a deal to outsource the British worker's job to a slave in Guangzhou will make the pair of them. i.e. "Class trumps nationality so long as you're rich.", in the inversion of the marxist ideal of the workers of the world uniting.

Though in a daring synthesis of randian and marxist theory: Only the rich currency speculator TRULY works (that's why the invisible hand gives him all the money.) so really the workers of the world have united, everyone else is just a parasite who honestly deserves to drink leadwater and work 16 hours a day. Communism has been delivered. Rejoice!

his plane AND car were sabotaged
farage is basically immortal

Hitchens on Marr right now.

>car
That one is a little more disputed, even by Marr himself

Have you read his snivelling article?

My anchor babies are going to be old enough to sponsor me for citizenship by the time you guys leave.

Get on with it!

>even by Marr himself

Kek I meant Farage

what's more likely

>farage's car was sabotaged
>brilloman was NOT an agent

It doesn't really say anything.

He's always said he doesn't believe we'd ever leave under the result of a referendum - it's just sticking to that.

Daily reminder that we actually voted to leave.

>Locked in the lavatory

Strange Freudian slip there Peter

you wouldn't get that idea from our politicians

Daily reminder that we won't.

Daily reminder that it doesn't matter.

Likelier that Brilloman wasn't an agent, I'd say. Farage is fine talking about his plane crash but he's very embarassed and hesitant about the car crash, saying he never should have gone to the police and so on

MERELY A D V I S O R Y

While I agree with this, there's a worrying undertone (and I suppose, a key social question) when it comes to personal information.

I'd sooner dream myself master of the world than reveal my innermost thoughts freely. Certain things, certain people have no right to know. (You hear that, Theresa? Yeah. YOU. LEAVE MY INTERNET HISTORY ALONE.)

>thinking may is actually reading your history
she has people to do that for her

The cuckservatives won't let us.

Peter must be mad as hell that Boris Johnson is now starting to force people to call him "Al Johnson" to make him seem more serious after spending years capitalising on it because it makes him seem funny, pompous and Churchillian

I'm sure they'll relay my complaint. It would only be polite.

>Peter just red pulled and btfo the entire panel
Based

Well said Peter - it's amazing how the Russians to bomb only hospitals and schools and children.

If it comes out that we won't be leaving the European Union will UKIP surge or is it just a meme?

Loyal kipper anyway desu.

Just a meme, the Tories can literally tell you not to vote for them and win elections

>Referring to Labour as "Jeremy Corbyn's party" just to remind people that Labour sucks and is run with a totalitarian grip by Corbyn who is a silly poo-poo head

>Act now on the national debt so we can keep mortgage rates lower
Fucking hell, I thought they were more subtle than that. (i.e. making more effort to portray it as a national interest thing instead of "ah, you're a swing-voter...")

If the European swing to the right continues I suppose it's possible. After two Tory terms 2020 might turn into a change election regardless of how awful Corbyn is.

A half-BREXIT will alienate everyone who wants less immigration, though I suspect some sort of high cap, work permit or false "cut immigration to the tens of thousands" promise will simply fool people again.

>>explain the current state of the Labour party
>imagine Jeremy Corbyn tried to throw a party

>If the European swing to the right continues I suppose it's possible
>t. Mosley

Never happened never will, no country is more placid than Britain

Right doesn't mean fascist. There's a definite anti-immigration and anti-globalism wave rising, but on the whole people remain too reasonable about it if anything because they don't grasp how far things have gone. You could stop all immigration right now and we'd still become a minority group in 40 years. The only means of saving Europe are the ones even most right wing people won't take.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rn3vuKEgTbs

ARE NUTTALL ON MARR

Nuttall is dancing around the fact that he's a social conservative and that Farage is a libertarian, this is a good thing

>Bounced on his pro-death penalty and anti-abortion views in favour of muh direct democracy

Oh, it's fucking nothing, nevermind

ar bojo

oh fuck off boris

>waaah assad
sasuga boris

>muh regime change

Is it autistic that I had a dream with Brit/pol/ and YKTD in it?

NEGOTIATING TABLE

>THE NEGOTIATING TABLE
Did johnson and milliband swap notes?

>Even if Assad wins and there's relative peace we still need to go in and bomb the shit out of them until we manage to overthrow a foreign country

GOOD GOY BORIS

I often dream about Tunnocks Teacakes

>It's just so fucking blatant now
Goddamn it I want a revolution akin to 1932

Kek Peter Hitchens is ALREADY on Twitter arguing with people mad at him over his Syria redpills

one of us! one of us!

Yeah but to dream about the tripfag is even worse.

Was he on TV

There is no special relationship, only US interests.

>The relationship between the UK and the USA is the fundamental political fact of the last 100 years

Want this meme to end tbhonest

E N O C H M I N D

>ASSAD IS EVIL
>the uk is supportive of saudi arabia and uhhhhh

This. Fuck the US.

>saudi targeting is just a mistake
>ruskies are rabid baby killers

>Shilling for the Saudis this hard
>We have a long-standing agreement uhhhh and alliance with ummm Saudi Arabia

They weren't even this fucking blatant about how much of a bunch of puppets they were during Iraq

The Tories have managed to outdo Blair at mass immigration and now they're challenging his record at warmongering

Why did anybody ever think BoJo was a legitimate conservative/"redpilled"

>We're not helping them target, we're just giving them general advice about where they should be attacking

THIS MAN IS A JOKE

Only Torycucks thought this.

>WE'RE TRYING TO HELP THEM
>NO WE'RE NOT HELPING THEM
>THERE ARE NO HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
>WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS

I used to think Boris was alright...

Because people are mostly sheep and/or politically retarded

>Deeply concerned

>hating are boris

Most regular people think he's conservative

Because he has le funny accent like Jacob Rees-Mogg

>>Take Back Control
>t. Boris

hilarious

Requesting spurdo Boris

And the Tories won the GE.

>We need to take back control by giving the EU our money which could have been spent on the NHS which they'll give back to us and then we have the freedom to spend it on whatever we want

If Boris was in any other party this would be called an absolute car-crash of an interview, watch the media not mention this at all

screencapped in case they do call it out

No, Boris, dig UP, stupid!

What a disaster

Honestly a large part of me would be amenable to a United Europe if it meant a counterweight of civilisation to US power.
Ideally we would be outside of it, though naturally within it's pull. Alternatively, a Franco-British union for the same purposes may be an interesting idea. (After all, we created the mess.)

America must be brought to heel.

>I think the USA can once again become a champion of free trade under Donald Trump

>Trump's only consistent policy has been economic protectionism

>330k was too high
well done boris
well done

How much is "reasonable" Boris?

politics.co.uk/news/2014/04/29/boris-johnson-attacks-crazy-immigration-crackdown
>"The government should allow hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants living in the UK to become British citizens, Boris Johnson has insisted"
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/13/boris-johnson-immigration-uk_n_4955649.html
>"Boris Johnson Warns David Cameron To Keep UK 'Open' For Skilled Immigrants"
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/05/immigration-london-sparta_n_5450256.html
>London will fall like the Greek city of Sparta if it turns away immigrants like the ancient militaristic regime which "kicked people out", Boris Johnson has said. David Cameron's pledge to bring down immigration into the tens of thousands was a"policy failure" and should never have been attempted, the Mayor said.
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10404421/Boris-I-am-the-only-British-politician-who-will-admit-to-being-pro-immigration.html
>"Boris Johnson has declared that he is probably the only politician in Britain willing to “stand up and say” that they are pro-immigration. "
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-backs-illegal-immigrants-amnesty-as-he-hints-he-may-run-for-third-term-as-london-mayor-8683014.html
>"Boris Johnson put himself at odds with the Conservative leadership today as he backed giving an amnesty to illegal immigrants who have been in Britain for 12 years."

THAT FUCKING SIGH

FUCK YOU BORIS

>my whole life, if you took it that seriously
i dont boris
i dont

>People need to stop taking things literally

Like "Let's leave the EU", eh Boris? Fucking cunt of a man

what the fuck is this dumb shit

Jesus Christ this is like watching a car crash in slow motion.

>Diane Abbott on with Andrew Neil AGAIN

Is she having an affair with him?

photoshop

told you peter was the worst hitch, but you didn't listen

the globalists are trying to get rid of are neil

This is why they want to destroy the middle class.

Think about it in your own terms. I make ~$90k/yr, and if I go to a poor country where I'm surrounded by poor people I have an intoxicating power over them, for good or ill.

"muh labour is a shit opposition"

Meanwhile a Literally Who Labour Brexit Minister is running circles around a veteran MP, foreign secretary and potential Prime Minister