2007 - what a great year!

Remember when this guy, who set up strategies to ensure that Australia was the only country in the world that made it through the Global Financial Crisis completely intact, and who promised a nationwide broadband network with super-fast speeds, that would cost approximately 31 billion U.S. dollars, was stabbed in the proverbial back by his own political party, after which his party lost the election to a government that offered a heavily "watered down" national broadband internet network...

... and, 9 years later, the NBN Corporation working on this inferior network, had to be "bailed out" by the same government that offered the "watered down" version, to the tune of over 14 billion U.S. dollars, causing the single-worst infrastructure disaster in this nation's history...

... while a significant proportion of households in rural areas have to put up with approximately 5mbit connections (with a permanent latency of about 0.6 seconds because, you know, SATELLITE)?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PguhkVG49To
youtube.com/watch?v=-a3jxa5Dbhs
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ77YjCgV5U
youtube.com/watch?v=PBoj9k0ePSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FAIR SHAKE

You mean to piss away all the surplus that Howard gained through the mining boom?

>"surplus"
>implying Howard didn't tear the heart out of public education, aged care, mental health and much-needed subsidies for struggling famers after the worst drought in this nation's history, to create what you call a "surplus"

Still, drink that Liberal Kool-Aid. Mmm. Tasty rat poison, that Costello-brewed stuff.

My point still stands, Rudd still emptied our coffers to get through the GFC. And for the record, I thought Howard was a dreadful PM.

God bless him and his stimulus, it truly kept us out of the gutter, I do wonder why obamas stimulus which was several times larger didn't work though?

Fuckin based kev rip

>ensure that Australia was the only country in the world that made it through the Global Financial Crisis

it was the miners and china who did that, not krudd

also we are totally boned for the next crash, which will burst le housing

Julia was better

>we will never have another Prime Memester of Kevin Rudd's caliber

>stopped the Global Financial Crisis by giving every man, woman and cunt a $900 hand out

onya kezza

There is a multi-pronged economic war upon Australians occurring right now, and I daresay that much of this would be applicable all across the West.

• Mass immigration depressing wages and conditions in blue collar work and making difficult for Australians the opportunity to enter into the professional occupations (medicine, for instance).

• 'Entrepreneurial' migrants refusing to hire Australian workers.

• Educational neglect because migrants are used as a 'stop gap' solution to deficiencies in our economy.

• Outsourcing of industry and manufacturing. The last whiteware manufacturing plants are being outsourced this year.

• Foreign investment in the residential housing market is artificially inflating house prices and crippling the average Australian family under exorbitant mortgages.

-

This will force Australians into an underclass of trade workers and public service bureaucrats. Hardly inspiring, right? But even this is under threat:

-

• The latest free trade agreement with China is set to allow Chinese companies to import Chinese labour to do the work. It will be impossible for Australians to enjoy good pay and conditions as well as remaining competitive with these companies.

• Enforced diversity policies in both the multinational service sphere and the public service sees Australians isolated and detested in the occupational areas that they will flock to due to the above factors.

The main instruments of this warfare are: (1) mass immigration; (2) foreign investment; (3) governmental treachery via free trade; and (4) multinational profiteering without giving back to the consumer population via employment opportunities.

>but let's blame the guy who saved Australia from the sub-prime market meltdown, hey

>my face when my ID contains the word, "RUD"

>FTTN
>F
>TT
>N
Thanks Turnbull, you cocksucking cuntflap, now our already overpriced Labor infrastructure project can be really fucking slow and need replacing in a decade!

Liberal means "fuck the free market", amirite?

AYO HOL UP

youtube.com/watch?v=PguhkVG49To

youtube.com/watch?v=-a3jxa5Dbhs

>101463587

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ77YjCgV5U
should have been our PM

>bleep
youtube.com/watch?v=PBoj9k0ePSc
Non poof version

Whenever I'm feeling down, I try to imagine the reality where Kevin Rudd never memed his way into power and John Howard is on his eighth term.

how many things can you do on fibre that you can't do on a good ADSL2+ connection?
fuckin spoilt whingers

A fucking duck could have been priminister in 2007 and nothing bad would've happened to OZ. All this pompous nerd did was employ shit kensyian economic tactics. Literally the only thing this flop did was give everyone at my school a laptop.

>Literally the only thing this flop did was give everyone at my school a laptop.
I don't know of any schools in Victoria that got this at the time, there was nearly riots because of it.

Adam Hansen 2019