Art thread

can we have a non-degenerate art thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e0b5mnuKQvs&t=26s
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
classicfm.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress#3rd_German_Assault_-_July_to_August.2C_1915
youtube.com/watch?v=QDW4VJGKLAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I
youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
youtube.com/watch?v=GnKyV4LzmF8
youtube.com/watch?v=MKrC-XSnllY
youtube.com/watch?v=5poSw7tFLB4
youtube.com/watch?v=vZg9Da3Tl6I
youtube.com/watch?v=EMfjgyHcIWk
youtube.com/watch?v=Sw1weml0-r0
youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4bOmxKVQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sfhp1-69Y8U
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-IdMyTKR00
youtube.com/watch?v=jVFMRkE0250
youtube.com/watch?v=DUmq1cpcglQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
youtube.com/watch?v=8JL4JXEv-RY
youtube.com/watch?v=xm8kpZoX32k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really interesting philosophical talk between a Philosohy prfofessor/clinical psychologist and a artist about art, meaning and a lot of things

youtube.com/watch?v=e0b5mnuKQvs&t=26s
Jonathan Pageau is a Quebecois artist, a carver of Russian Orthodox icons, and a sculptor. He's touched with more than a bit of genius, and has deep knowledge of archetype and symbolism. In this video, which is Part I of II, we discuss art, tradition, and the strange and unsettling things that exist between categories.

who is this?

quite interesting, but don't advertise on Sup Forums.

You actually think Peterson him self or the artist advertises on Sup Forums? topkek

it is possible, more likely they bought "advertisment on social networks", their content being spread by other people that get paid for it. I am not mad about it, just don't do it anymore, please :-)

Peterson has no advertisement arm. He's a humble professor is possible one of the most knowledgeable men on the origins of western society and internal mental health.

He might just be the western budda. He seems to have attained a western personal enlightenment without any kind of drugs or hallucinogens at all, seriously the man is that smart and real deep thinker. I watched him on Joe Rogan's show and it was like he was on another level compared to everyone in the room.

I can assure you that there is no paid advertisement, its just autistic people that like more people to hear their shit and will post whenever the opportunity presents it self. So no, i will keep doing it. :)

love this one

thanks Vadim, these threads are always super comfy

Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV
Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan:

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shallt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

Why Beauty Matters(Documentary)
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

will ancap ever not be the toppest of memes?

I was stunned when I saw this one irl.

NAME THE WORKS FFS

I really like this guys face

how is that relevant exactly?

Love these threads.

the night watch by Rembrandt

Hnnngh

idk but she's a qt.

check the left image

where is it being shown?

The painting and story are pretty based, but please stop spamming it whenever there's an art thread.

>mouse over a picture
>right click
>search by image
>google tells you name of a picture.

impressionism is the foundation of postmodernism. Not it's fucked but its been cucked by it's desendents

*fault was corrected to fucked

The Louvre, Paris. I couldn't tell you where, because I was wearing a thick shirt and a pair of jeans on a really hot day, resulting in the closest I've ever gotten to passing out from heat, though.

Unframed, for anyone who might want that.

kek thanks.

classicfm.com/

Best radio.

Why do they all suffer from .. internal bleeding / extreme nosebleeding?

Is this oil or GTX...? Lel

gas

stop posting cucked postmodern shite or I will REEEEEEE
artist's skill matters

Happy little trees

No hoes back in a day.

How is this not GTA?? Fuck me dead

That`s what you get for defending filthy polacks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress#3rd_German_Assault_-_July_to_August.2C_1915

As I type it my neighbour plays piano. I have 6h a day free live music.

I always thought this bloke's face would make a great reaction image, never felt good cropping great works of art though

I absolutely adore art like this, where you get an insight in everyday life. Art where the rider is raising his sword and looking aesthetic is one thing, but this, where he's just searching his bag while holding a document with his teeth is on a whole other level.

Photography is art as well.

Pretty sure Repin painted her. Forgot the title, though.

It will never return...

This thread made me think of a series of amazing paintings my grandfather has in his vacation house - I'll definitely take pictures of them, or something, the next time I see them. At the very least look up the painter et.c.
They're not famous in any sense, but I always adored them for the same reason I stated here:
They give a rare insight in a past age, where there were no cameras.

:(

ivan kramskoy, portrait of an unknown woman

Art of car crafting and design

>Otto Dix
>postmodern

>tfw image too large

otto dix, der krieg (the war)

thanks, it's everything I hoped it would be

Austria-bro, how do you say "to wage war" in german? Isn't "to receive" something "kriegen"? How does that make sense with "Krieg" being war?

what a beauty

Art of Architecture

Creativity is beaten out of kids in school early on because it threatens wage slavery.

We will never see creative minds like the past. Just a bunch of pseudo intellects.

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Being edgy on Sup Forums, that is the next lvl of retardness

Damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=QDW4VJGKLAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I

youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

youtube.com/watch?v=GnKyV4LzmF8

youtube.com/watch?v=MKrC-XSnllY

youtube.com/watch?v=5poSw7tFLB4

youtube.com/watch?v=vZg9Da3Tl6I

youtube.com/watch?v=EMfjgyHcIWk

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw1weml0-r0

youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4bOmxKVQQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Sfhp1-69Y8U

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-IdMyTKR00

youtube.com/watch?v=jVFMRkE0250

youtube.com/watch?v=DUmq1cpcglQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM

youtube.com/watch?v=8JL4JXEv-RY

youtube.com/watch?v=xm8kpZoX32k

nearly forgot

Alma had a great taste in females.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Google doesn't want to reverse search large images anymore, so you need to tell us what these are.

I love that picture
this is basically the second part of that picture, the Highlanders grabbed the reigns of the scots greys as they charged past and used their momentum to throw them into the enemy

to wage war = Krieg führen
Kriegen comes from middle high german 'erkrīgen' which means "striving to get something", so it might be identical to war which strives territory/resources/etc.

DELETE THIS