Was the divorce of Church and State a mistake, Sup Forums?

Was the divorce of Church and State a mistake, Sup Forums?

Nope.

Wasn't church a mistake in the first place?

Nah

Religions control everything since the day one. All of those "political theories" are filled with esoteric elements conceived by these guys.

Nah

Do you really want to just trust someone in the government about whether or not you're going to hell? Especially with what's going on in major governments right now? Like, not even talking about just a major religion being in control, could you imagine if occultists controlled the government without separation of church and state?

>especially with what's going on in government now

You are implying the church would have let then get away with this shit.

You're implying that the church is made up of infallible demigods, and not corruptible people.

I am implying that I would rather have a Church with a little corruption than a government with even less justice.

Fair enough, but consider that when a church becomes corrupt, it's not only justice that's being corrupted, your immortal soul starts to be up for grabs as well.

This world is a lie.

Depends on the church, Depends on the State.

Papism, for instance, is cancer.

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Would you be so kind as to expand your statement?

Impossible. I will let you think about it, and you will come to where you will rest. This world is a lie and only God can save you. Deliver us.

Agreed.
The world is an illusion cast by English and other cultures.
We are animals built with reality. We make because we image. It works because we are it.
Everything is false. The only truth is. God is.

You need to read your post again until you figure out what is wrong with it.

It's all both states. Like I said, it matters not. Truth is.
Nothing is inherently wrong, except for sadism on the innocent.

yes

Truth is not of this world. Also, there are several things wrong with your post.

>leafs
>not even once

fuck off

No, but now we need a divorce of wealth and state

no fucking corporate welfare
no fucking (((war on poverty)))

>Was the divorce of Church and State a mistake, Sup Forums?

Absolutely, not only did state power corrupt the church, churches got so so used to the state doing their dirty work that when the state finally let go they began to collapse.

Dont you find it absurd that all these Christian denominations have no idea how to proselytise to people who arent third and 2nd world?

Without the state forcing children to learn their doctrine in schools they just gave up on reaching people in West.

Do you have any ideas on how separation of wealth and state would work? The immediate problem that comes to mind is that if government positions don't pay well enough, those positions are only tempting to the wealthy who can afford the weak salary and look forward to playing with power, but if you pay them too much then career politicians become a problem like we have now.

Yes.

I'm disappointed in you people.

That's were you're wrong maple cuck

>Without the state forcing children to learn their doctrine in schools
The state wasnt even concerned with schools, that was the job of the Church. With the separation of Church and state the state achieved a omnipresent status when all it was formerly concerned with was foreign relations and applying justice.

>The state wasnt even concerned with schools, that was the job of the Church. With the separation of Church and state the state achieved a omnipresent status when all it was formerly concerned with was foreign relations and applying justice.

The point is, the state providing public and mandatory education alone did not wreck the church and the state of faith - if you want good proof of this look the efforts eastern europeans made in resisting the russification forced on them by the Tzar.

Whilst state schools would end up delivering the final blow, the only reason why they could be in a position to do such damage was the complacency and sloth of the Churches