Buddhist monks

>Buddhist monks
>the most peaceful non-violent group in the entire world
>got fucking slaughtered like lambs in Tibet by the Chinese because they refused to budge and refused to fight and are now exiled
>self-immolate themselves to protest against war
>breaks the silence and condemns muslims as the cancer on this planet they truly are
>no one says peep about this
>everyone still says not all muslims and that they are our friends
Why is this allowed to continue?

Other urls found in this thread:

misebogland.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/what-lies-beneath-the-robes-the-rape-of-kalu-rinpoche-buddhist-scandals/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha#Biography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_characteristics_of_the_Buddha
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

joos

fpbp

there's user ID's you can't same fag here

wanna bet

He just did, faggot, what are you going to do about it?

Oh fuck, he's breaking the conditioning.

>pacifists
Who gives a shit what such retards have to say?

The Monks in Myanmar are a different sect than the ones in Tibet

>gets his ideas from a vietnamese basket weaving imageboard
>myanmar intellectual

Buddhists are a fractured group. Some are very based and others are pathetic. Having studying the religion its pretty based just its been influenced by (((CIA))) and KGB bullshit.

I'm Buddhist and we're taught to acknowledge the sufferings of the world and that our goal is to bring inner peace to everyone including flora and fauna.

But Mudslimes are the epitome of Chaos and we do not hesitate to destroy the Chaotic powers to bring peace.

>Buddhists are a fractured group.

>implying Christians (the most fractured one of all), Jews and Mudslimes aren't

So am I sorta, (never kept up on it) and as far as suffering goes I noticed a lot of Abrahamic religions fail at that. Muslims and Jews want to live in a bubble wrapped world where they have no opposition or criticism.

Classical Buddhism is based as fuck. It's peaceful ethno-fashism with the inherent implication that peace is something to attain, not something inherent.

Fractured in a sense of all the schools and such. I guess you could say most religions actually are. Most western Buddhists are cucks but ones in Asia are pretty based.

Buddhists want to 'live' for peace.
Abrahamics want to 'die' for peace.

> Jews want others to die for their peace
> Muslims and Christians want to die for peace.

Same with Christians and I have experienced this personally. Even then, Christcucks segregate themselves into different sects and then proceed to call each other heresy.

Us Buddhists be in Mahayana, Gelugpa or Theravda can pray in the same temples as the other. The path to enlightenment may be different from different schools, but the ultimate goal is still the same.

>muh western """"""""buddhism""""""""" as """""""practiced""""""" by edgy hipster faggots who fail at rule #1

That's not even Buddhism.

>Myanmar Buddhists != Tibetan Buddhists

>Myanmar monks are killing actual peaceful civilians from completely different sects than the neighboring Muslims who are generating the hate.
>Have expressed similar views on "Westerners"

>No Chinese soldier has ever set foot in a Tibetan temple.
>They knew fucking not to.
>Tibet effectively autonomous, apart from the industry Han Chinese are introducing and lax as fuck political influence.
>Even the supposed harsh border controls to India aren't nearly as bad as portrayed in Western media. It essentially amounts to a slap on the hand or no real control at all during certain times of year.
>Tibet, if granted actual autonomy, would be exposed to the world as the authoritarian theocracy it is.
>The Dalai Lama is an egocentric dick, capitalizing on "muh free Tibet" hype.
(His assistant is cool tho.)

>Self-emulation is most well known for the use against anti-Buddhist discriminatory policies in Vietnam.
>Pretty much shut that shit down faster than any peaceful protest ever could have in its own.
>One of the few instances where giving ones own life demonstrably improved the life of ones own people.

Also:
>long history of Buddhist monks taking up arms to protect themselves and their country
>layman Buddhists obviously as well
>precept not to kill is considered a good rule to follow as a monk, not an absolute doctrine

And on a personal note:
>Chan/Zen Buddhism based as fuck
>no metaphysics required or even non-existent
>emphasizes ridding yourself from every blue pill you ever swallowed
>common sense ethics

Western Buddhists are cancer. When I was visiting family in Korea I saw numerous ones.

>all that nonsense

kek

>kek
I can't help it if the first layman Buddhists in the West were mainly Californians in the 60s/70s.

>Shobogenzo is the best thing since Heidegger

buddhist monks :D:D:D:D:D these faggots that dont work for a living. they even transcended begging, they expect the working class peasants to bring them food to the monasteries :D

literaly cant respect anybodies opinion that is not actualy doing anything for a living other then preach to people that are worse off.

There are anti-muslim Buddhist militants in the world right now, what a time to be alive.

layman buddhists were communist operatives. See the parents of Nina Hartley

Orthodox can pray in Catholic churches and vice versa. Church is a church and two main denominations are theologically rather similar.
Protestants on the other hand diverged a lot, many are closer to Jews than Christians.

You understand that goes for nearly every religious community leader. Priests ask for donations and Imans sell slaves. Its goes with every religion.

hello muhammad, how are you enjoying Germany so far?

>1980
>There are anti-sowjet Islamic militants in the world right not, what a time to be alive.

Protestants are Jews basically. If they haven't already thrown out their morals and traditions they are worshiping Israel. Not too mention they focus solely on the Old Testament until come Easter and Christmas.

Not that i don't agree but they're pretty fucking based as far as resolve goes.

Muslims are definitely not unified, either are jews they just prefer their own as competition compared to other. They all have differing beliefs and family setups etc.

>sowjet
Your German is leaking hans.

Buddhism, unlike Islam, is a religion of peace.

Buddhism demands a lot from a Buddhist. Thats why lasy westerners are not into buddhism really. They want someone (god) to do everything for em. Lasy bastards.

Yeah Evangelicals are creepy as fuck. And look at Swedish church, I mean lesbian female bishops, c'mon.

Baptists can be based occasionally, but in my area they are pretty pozzed. I'm seeing a Korean baptist girl at the moment. I haven't come clean to her that I'm basically an Korean Buddhist yet. If you know anything about Korean protestants is they hate Buddhists more than they hate Japanese.Also shes pro choice yet anti condom. I dont know what to make of that.

What's wrong with pacifism?

> Lazy

Westerners are into Buddhism because they think its less oppressive and more relaxed than Christianity. Truth be told it has its own set of rules and traditions that are just as "oppressive" as Christianity.

>pro-choice anti-condom
That's just retarded. And it's funny how popular Christianity is in Korea and China right now. Are you Korean?

As I said:
>Californian layman """"""Buddhists"""""""

I've found that the spread of non-new-age Zen in Europe was mainly through Catholic monasteries, who saw eye to eye. (Mainly Jesuits and Benedictine Orders)

Entschuldigung.
I'd say peace, in a way, is a core principle. However, violence for self-defense or protecting others (if absolutely necessary) is permitted. Not "preventative strikes", like in Myanmar.
And I can't help but notice that every Islamist on the planet is pulling the victimization card to justify themselves.
I don't know about Koreans specifically, but in my experience Asian Christians are weird as fuck.
The only exceptions I know are Han Chinese Catholics and Japanese (who are weird in their own right).
Kinda like they WANT to be hyper-conservative, but just don't GET it.

Is Buddhism sexist? Do they not let women be monks? Not complaining, probably a smart move.

All buddhist sects as far as i know let women to be monks. Ofc very little amount of women seek enlightment.

Yes, 1/4 Korean, but I'm culturally/socially more Korean than I am white. Aka I have some level of discourse with American culture.

Buddhism is rising in Korea because Protestant Christianity there is near Islamic in what they believe and how they act. They attack Buddhist temples and monks. Korean culture looks down upon criminal behavior and such so by doing that they have decimated their reputation.

Are you a Buryat?

This. So much this.

Islam is the message of destruction. Everywhere they go they destroy. Generations upon generations brought up into this religion has selected via eugenics the most evil of people.

allah is satan, mohammed was the antichrist.

you just got BTFO in your own thread

Depends on the specific sect.
Due to its roots, it was traditionally uncommon for Buddhist nuns. But many schools simply couldn't really justify gender being a factor. So there are a bunch of Buddhist nuns nowadays.

The sexist aspect stems from Brahmanism, rather than Buddhism. And whatever cultural baggage each sect acquired in the local area.
No, not all of them.

conver 100% rus ethnic Buddhist. Do have many fellow Buryats and Kalmyks buddhists.

Its more of a nun if anything. The Dalai Lama wants to have a female successor, but keep in mind, hes isn't the pope of all of Buddhism. His words aren't written in stone for all.

You're American

I know, but not 100%

Well there were bhikshunis during Gautama times. So its kinda stupid to not let women to become monks nowadays.

>Be Buddhist
>Get attacked
>Set self on fire, generally kill yourself.

That showed them!

>Protestant Christianity there is near Islamic in what they believe and how they act.
Many of them literally place OT before NT. No wonder.
What lead you away from Orthodoxy?

Well that and them basically destroying historic Buddhist artwork like the Muslims did in Afghanistan.

Yes, it is.
But Buddhism doesn't have some kind of special immunity to people interpreting shit however it suits their personal desires and agendas.
>That showed them!
It worked.

You'd rather they strapped bombs to themselves and run into government buildings?

Either way, that shit barely happens anymore and no sect really allows it.
Only in backwater villages where the "muh instant Boddhisattvah" meme didn't die yet.

What about kekism though? We are channeling pure chaos magic here.

the reason they dislike Islam is cuz Central Asia used to be overwhelmingly Buddhist till Islam got there

now there are barely any traces of Greco-Buddhist culture left

The Chaos of Kek is different from the Chaos of Set. One promotes unpredictable randomness, the other promotes strife and turmoil.

lol
Before 1956 when the Chinese showed up, an estimated 96% of the Tibetan population were feudal serfs tied to their land. Boys were picked arbitrarily among the nomadic as 'reincarnated' lamas but in practice based on how fuckable their tight boipussy were to the 'celibate' monks. All other religion was brutally repressed at this time.

fuck the dalai lama

this. Many Buddhists actually have mixed feelings about him and recognize the cruel theocracy that was once Tibet.

>And I can't help but notice that every Islamist on the planet is pulling the victimization card to justify themselves.

Islam has an old conception of absolute truth which justifies this view. In the west, we may disagree with a person and still admire his sacrifice, and likewise understand his resistance even if we disagree with his cause. But for Islam, there is only the truth that they have and the falsehood of everything else. Thus, when they win, it is not merely a great victory for themselves but also for the whole world and truth itself, whereas when they lose it constitutes a tragedy of equal proportion, with which the rest of the world is supposed to deeply empathize.

Of course, it just so happen that they have declared the rest of the world their enemy and the target of their future acts of subjugation.

>Bodhisattva
You mean the ultimate evil spirit? A ghost who plays at being a man?

Oy vey, shut it down this instant, Moshe!

Is your last name Lee or Chen?

>in practice based on how fuckable their tight boipussy were to the 'celibate' monks.

Source to help trigger my 'buddhist' friends (as in, they take drugs and sleep around but occasional mumble some bullshit about living in peace)

My point exactly.

In essence Jihadism is based on conspiracy theories of a world out to get Islam combined with ethno-nationalist fascism which swept Arabia in the 50s.
It all hinges on "true Islam" and "being under attack", which is now being extended to it literally being the pre-apocalyptic war.
I mean whatever metaphysical greedy reward some Buddhist sects seem to think Buddhism is about.
Always baffled me. Until I remember that we are dealing with people.

Have you ever tried to read Bible and Buddhist sutras afterwards? Try it. It's like comparing african mumbo-yumbo zombie beliefs and quantum mechanics.

Moreover Buddha never asked to blindly believe in his teaching but explore, examine and analyse it. Like a reasonable man to a reasonable man. :-)

Funny how the liberal left who normally love Eastern religions completely ignore anything they say when they point out where they're in the wrong.

Good job m8 islam is cancer.

To be fair, the Pali Canon is riddled with meta-physical fever dreams.

But I agree that many Buddhists texts (scholarly ones in particular) are quite refreshing.
Oh look, a fascist being nationalist.
Big surprise.

no problem

misebogland.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/what-lies-beneath-the-robes-the-rape-of-kalu-rinpoche-buddhist-scandals/

>Oh look, a fascist being nationalist.
Big surprise.

Just goes to show how Buddhists have a healthier attitude about race and nation than the West. You seem to be implying that Fascism and Nationalism are bad?

>unironically supporting theocratic fascism
Do you also support Saudi-Arabia?

Look into Tibet. The Chinese are doing them a favor.

Classical Buddhism is not a pacifistic religion, ahimsa (non-aggression) is a specific practice of buddhist monks similar to how christian monks are forbidden to shed blood but christian knights and soldiers are allowed to do so. It is done specifically to not allow one to be distracted from the true goal, killing is not inherently morally wrong in buddhism.

>Original Buddah
>not black

Every country has a right to determine it's own destiny and no other country has the right to interfere. China is trying to de-homogenise a distinct nation and culture in order to successfully annex it, this is wrong.

I don't have to approve of Saudi Arabia or Tibet's internal politics to respect their right to work it out themselves.

I'm not some masonic shithead who wants to destroy all theocracies or autocracies on the planet because it triggers me.

I know you're joking around but for those who don't know Siddhartha was a prince of a kshatriya (warrior nobility) family and it's canonical that he had blue eyes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha#Biography

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_characteristics_of_the_Buddha

Killing is seen as wrong within the Buddhist religion because it guarantees that you will degrade into a lower form of existence or be born again as a human being with a shorter life. The point of the concept of reincarnation is to promote the idea that through peace and moral good we can escape the cycle of human reincarnation and reach a higher plane of existence. The existence of a god exemplifies the fact that, theoretically, a deity can justify anything as being good or evil. The thing about Eastern religions is that they are based on complex philosophy that promotes cultural and personal values and in no way can be interpreted as malicious intent. To even suggest that Buddhism, Daoism or anything remotely similar is an offshoot of something inherently violent is retarded because all of the religious belief is based on the concept and prevention of human suffering. Islam and Christianity advertise that suffering is inevitable and this leads to dissidence because they learn to blame their suffering on something exaggerated instead of themselves.

>killing is not inherently morally wrong in buddhism.

confirmed for not knowing what you are talking about

>killing is not inherently morally wrong in buddhism

Buddhist fucking hate killing they don't even want to harm insects. There is a reason why all proper monks are vegetarians and one of the way to tempt the monk in the Journey to the West is to force him eat some meat.

>Killing is seen as wrong within the Buddhist religion because it guarantees that you will degrade into a lower form of existence or be born again as a human being with a shorter life.

That's not canon (ie: not in the tripitaka which is the closest to the actual words of the buddha) modern buddhist sects rarely follow actual buddhism

>To even suggest that Buddhism, Daoism or anything remotely similar is an offshoot of something inherently violent is retarded because all of the religious belief is based on the concept and prevention of human suffering.

Killing to prevent human suffering and killing for duty or to preserve dharma is perfectly acceptable (read the bhagavad gita)

Buddhism is not obsessed with moralizing like western religions are, there is what is useful (for the true path) and what is not useful (for the true path).

I do know what I'm talking about I have read the original texts

You are thinking of jainism

Just to confirm, the fetters of Ignorance, Greed and Hatred are the roots of bad karma (action) and DO lead to inferior rebirths but killing without hatred and without greed does not accrue bad karma.

>bhagavad gita
not relevant text. It's hindu text.

Actually i can remember only one case in jataka about ship and sailors, when Bhuddha killed a captain because he have not other options: captain wanted to kill all his crew.

Killing even a slightest insect is still a bad karma act which will cause some suffering.

Killing is absolutely meaningless in Buddhism. Since we born adn die infinite times and karmic redemptions are repetetive.

>You are thinking of jainism

Are you telling me that I am not a buddhist, but instead I am practicing jainism?

Karmic action consists of 3 aspects: will to comit the action, the action itself and feeling happy/satisfied with it.

So killing without hatred is still a bad karma, but killing with hatred is worse.

>Killing even a slightest insect is still a bad karma act which will cause some suffering.

That's non-canonical

>Are you telling me that I am not a buddhist, but instead I am practicing jainism?

You are probably practicing western non-canonical buddhism

Killing with the genuine intent to protect another or to preserve dharma does not accrue bad karma

source plz?

Tibet was never a country, that was all a meme.

Regardless of who won the Chinese civil war, either side would have immediately took back Tibet. That's why not a single country on the planet apart from Mongolia recognized Tibet's independence.

Okay give me a second

>i am peaceful so you must protect my benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits benefits

>You are probably practicing western non-canonical buddhism

I am Chinese you twat. I just happened to be in Russia to study here now.

I think the point is even permissive ultra pacifists like Buddhists condemn Muslims as a blight on the world and therefore should be eradicated

How are you a buddhist if you were born and raised in communist china? And how come you know english enough to use words like 'twat'? Surely learning russian alone is difficult enough for a young person. Your story doesn't hold much water boris.

Again this is not Buddha words.I know that according to Mahayna percept Buddhas are able to separate the consciousness and body. So that the current life off the creature will end, but it won't rebirth in lower realms due to Buddha's powers.

If an ordinary person kills a being he can not be sure that this beingn will not fall in lower realms. Human life is very short, whilst life in lower/higher realms can be thousand time longer. So still murderer can make beings to suffer in low realms and sadden/make angry some beings we can not see like nagas, rakhasas etc.

So, no way Buddhist can kill freely, no matter how he trained his mind.