H.R.6433 Protect The Flag Act - Introduced in House (12/02/2016)

>To render ineligible for Federal funds any institution of higher education that removes, censors, takes down, prohibits, or otherwise halts display of a flag of the United States.

Can we meme this?

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/114/bills/hr6433/BILLS-114hr6433ih.pdf
dailywire.com/news/5860/high-school-bans-american-flags-it-didnt-go-over-james-barrett
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and here's the link that keeps getting flagged as spam

congress.gov/114/bills/hr6433/BILLS-114hr6433ih.pdf

I'm ok with this.

BUMP

That's unconstitutional. Violating a private entity (school)'s right to express themselves (censorship) is a violation of the first amendment.

there is nothing unconstitutional about limiting their federal funding

They still have the right.
They do not, however, have a right to funding.

>private entity
>public(federal) funding

whoops I missed that part about funding disregard sorry

Why this act as written is stupid bullshit:

Proper flag care requires that the flag be taken down at night and in bad weather.

Any university that follows this would then have an "official policy of the institution to halt display of the flag of the United States"

Public universities are not private entities, nor do they have any rights whatsoever

who need flags?

Your suppository doesn't look as nice from a flag pole

That's not what it means, you dense fuck

But that's what the wording says, you debilitating moron.

"Corporations are people, my friend."

Do you really think the law is going to be 2 pages in full?

Why do Germans love merkel so much? Did all the good germans die in WWII?

>hr6433

Do you not understand the process? It's a bill until it gets passed and becomes a law. There could be additional amendments added, but if it passed today, as it is, that would be the exact wording of the law.

Why do Americlaps sperg out so hard about their flag?

All the good germans fled to Antartica

Do you know how I know you have autism?

Doesn't the US already have treason laws?

Sounds like some childish bullshit.

I'm in

It's always puzzling to see the most anti-government right winger practically cream their jeans at the prospect of government-mandated nationalism.

Because you like to make shit up and pretend it's real?

well there are lots of flag burners
who have got too much freedom
I wanna make it legal
for policemen to beat 'em

Public universities are not corporations, they are state entities

Probably the same retards screeching autisticly about big government but then also demand that gay marriage and abortion should be illegal

Great idea. I wish we could also deport all the smelly subhuman flag burners we have in Europe too.

I love how they can put hydrogen cyanide in such colorful packaging these days!

That pill is suicide

"any institution of higher education"

There are plenty of non-public universities who take government money and whose students rely on federal aid.

In fact, many private, for-profit institutions rely heavily on federal aid. And those are definitely held by corporations.

Then you don't understand the first amendment or what precedent does.

Thought the bill only dealth with public unis

Still not a violation of 1st amendment, since refusing to give them grant money is not viewed legally as abridgement of their rights since they have no claim to it. Whether they need it or not is irrelevant.

This is exactly how congress passed 21 drinking age despite having no constitutional authority to do so. Witheld highway funds from states w/o 21 drinking age.

Citizens united declared that money is speech, restricting their funding is therefore restricting their free speech and does not meet the criteria which we normally regard as permissible reasons to inhibit free speech.

People's rights don't end where your feelings begin

Citizens united says that the government cannot restrict how a non-profit spend their money

It does not mean that the government has to give them money

Welcome to the American Politics, leave your logic at the door and embrace massive cognitive dissonance from the ideologues on both sides of the spectrum (autism and political!)

dailywire.com/news/5860/high-school-bans-american-flags-it-didnt-go-over-james-barrett

Imagine all those Cali schools about to get BTFO

I didn't know I had rights to free money.

good

It's always puzzling to see people think that they have a right to receive free money.

If money is speech then it's the government exercising its freedom of speech by not giving money to people who don't reflect their values.

Government has no rights

That is what it says, but the precedent set and as argued by subsequent cases, states that money is a protected form of speech. This bill is clearly intended to restrict first amendment rights, finicial disincentives are considered prohibitions of free speech. Justify why that should be supported.

Why are right-wing cosnervative extremists such jackboots when it comes to liberties and freedoms? The flag is just a symbol. If you burn the constitution to "protect" the flag, then you got backwards.

Makes sense. Our government shouldn't be finding subversive anti American propaganda mills

>congress.gov/114/bills/hr6433/BILLS-114hr6433ih.pdf
Im a libertarian.

And agree 100%.

Ordinarily I'd say this is too far.

But we're facing an extraordinary enemy, and the gloves have to come off. We're locked in a battle for the soul of western civilization--and we can't save it while leftists are profaning our holy places and things.

I just hope this sort of thing doesn't go too far. But in all honesty, I'd prefer a benevolent dictator that respected the rights of a people to a tyranny of the majority style democracy that stomps on its' citizens.

>finicial disincentives are considered prohibitions of free speech

So me the court case that established this precident.

If that were true, 90% of federal laws passed in the last 60 years would have to be nullified.

>But we're facing an extraordinary enemy, and the gloves have to come off. We're locked in a battle for the soul of western civilization--and we can't save it while leftists are profaning our holy places and things.

"Yes, we're terrified! The Reichstag is burning, we must surrender all our freedoms and elect a dictator right away!"

This is what you sound like.

You don't and neither does a corporation. However, the government creates and follows rules and procedures for issues like funding. Setting up this bill, which is a clear violation of thr first amendment, is not a justifiable reason to restrict funding. The Government is not supposed to use funding as a tool to coerce "people" against the rights. Money is speech and the acts in the bill are protected by the first amendment, therefore the Government should not be passing a bill like this.

If you want to argue that the funding shouldn't be available in the first place for these groups, that is a separate matter. That however requires slashing funding equally, not in ways which are intended to prohibit or restrict the rights of others

It may sound like that to you, but that's not what I said. Frankly, you seem a bit hysterical.

This is a nice, simple show that we're willing to push back--that we're tired of their bullshit. It doesn't need to escalate from here unless the left decides it should. The flag should be respected, frankly, and those who suck at the government tit--like institutions and welfare leeches--have the least excuse for disrespecting it.

Our universities make their living off the government's misguided generosity. They could at least stand to be courteous about it, but they won't, because they're full of commie cucks. Sucks for them.

>I'd prefer...(to) respect the rights of a people
>while simultaneously arguing against protecting rights of people I disagree with

Can't have it both ways champ

>not a justifiable reason to restrict funding
But it is legal

>The Government is not supposed to use funding as a tool to coerce "people" against the rights
That's literally how the federal government operates. That's also why Jefferaon opposed the general welfare clause.

You're right, can't. If they weren't trying to destroy us, I might feel worse. But I don't. Let the flag fly.

>Public schools
>Private entity

I was expecting a leaf.

This is not a violation of the first amendment. They can do whatever the fuck they want with the flag but if they start violating it they will lose federal funding.

They are still an institution and that status won't be taken away...but they'll lose their funding from the feds.

>federal funding is a right
stop

No you! Bill of rights doesn't apply to government institutions dumbass.

I think if you light it, you can keep it up at night.

I think the problem you're having is that you believe the institutions are somehow entitled to or have claim on federal grants

They don't. The fed gov can rescind them at any time for any reason and the institution has no legal recourse.

Has it always been this bad? I feel like it has become a worse problem recently but it could also be because I'm paying more attention

Well, we used to have rational discourse and actual bi-partisan cooperation. People used to actually look after the interests of American citizens.

Then leftists got total control of the educational institutions and things went to absolute shit, because the left radicalized and the right didn't. And now the right is radicalizing too, and everybody wants to bitch about it like it's somehow unfair or inappropriate.

This law is fine, though.
All it does is pull federal funding from public institutions which tell the federal government to fuck off.
Private citizens and businesses can burn all teh flags they want. But if you want to receive money from the federal government, you must respect that government.

Nothing wrong with this.

If you take taxpayer money you best display the banner under which the taxpayer rallies.

He he

>taking money away from institutions that don't respect you is infringing on them

If you were literally giving money to someone who constantly talked shit about you, broke your stuff, and insulted you, while at the same time depending on you for his livelihood, would you be happy?

I don't think you would.

They have every right to take down the US flag, if they do not wish to receive funding from the US, and can fund themselves.

Biting the hand that feeds... Why should that be supported? Federal funding is a PRIVILEGE not a right.

nice image size