GOD?

Convince me to believe in God

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatism
youtube.com/watch?v=Hbr14KG3pro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deus vult

1. Everything that is not eternal and begins to exist requires a cause
2. All evidence points to the fact that the universe is not eternal and began to exist
3. Something that can cause a universe to begin must be intelligent (to choose), powerful (to create) and personal (to be able to choose).

This is literally scratching the surface.

fate is not just believing in a god.
Its about morals and traditions that make you happy to be who you are, and teaching you to be a functioning member of society.

>Something that can cause a universe to begin must be intelligent
why

To choose to create. It's right there.
Please read before asking questions.

This works pretty well unless you ask for the basis for believing that anything that begins to exist needs a cause. That's not empirically confirmable, and it's not known a priori, either.

what the fuck are you crazy, how is that a reason to make intelligence a requirement to create a universe to begin

Let God do it.
You're retarded if you think someone can change you mind on religion

Take hallucinogens, open bible to random page, if it is accurate information about your life there is your answer

Well, first thing is you have to stop being "too logical" about it. You will have to let go of your belief in science to explain every single thing in your life.

You will probably not be convinced by another person but by yourself. A lot of people begin to let go of their atheism on their 20's when they stop being too stubborn about certain subjects.

According to the universe. For the same reason you don't have to fret about hippos in appearing out of nowhere mauling you. Things do not appear "uncaused out of nothing" according to all evidence except desperate claims.

Even the "nothing" that physicists try to claim various subatomic particles etc come from is not even nothing in the first place.

Because something that can choose to create something has intellect and is not just an empty force.

Suck my dick and you may believe

Which one?

Because there are millions of interpretations of "god".

If you don't care which, then why are you asking us? Pick one that aligns most with your beliefs and values, that doesn't force you to believe in shit you think is stupid.

"God" is a tool of spirituality. Spirituality is how humans contextualize their life. Use "god" or don't. Just don't be an irrational faggot and you'll be fine.

>Taking hallucinogens to recieve enlightment
First mistake
>open bible
Second

Open your ass and your mouth will follow

>morals and traditions that make you happy to be who you are

Go home Israel you're drunk...

"Hearing that Zach lost his son really struck a nerve with me, especially because I'm the one who killed him."

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/

>Take hallucinogens, open bible to random page, if it is accurate information about your life there is your answer

We /witchdoctors/ now!

>Read the Quran
>Study quantum physics
>Realize they are the same thing
>Quran said everything first
>Read the Bible
>Accept Jesus
>Burn the Quran because it will make you a terrorist

No should have to convince you of anything.

where did you get that a decision was made to create the universe, also that does not answer why is intelligence a requirement to create a universe, what if there was no choice, maybe this thing that created the universe simply creates universes automatically, you just made up a set of conditions to make true your statements

I'm a history buff so this usually helped me prove Christianity(other than the theological)

Christianity spread rapidly throughout the Roman empire after Jesus died. No conquests were made. Everyone who converted did so voluntarily.

Many of his disciples who spread his word died horrible deaths for the sake of spreading the word. It was illegal to be a Christian, yet people still converted. Additionally the people who they did convert did so against their traditional views. Not just to accept a whole new religion but to switch from a polytheistic to a monotheistic one(which was revolutionary at the time).

Like I said before all of this was voluntary through the 12 disciples. There has never been such a revolutionary set of beliefs like Early Christianity.

how did god begin to exist?

ez
if you read the bible backwards from revelations to genesis youll discover that jesus turned into god and is trying to destroy the world in 7 days

the redpill isn't that god exists, the redpill is that religion is a crucial component of a healthy society.

Then it asks a "why not sooner" question, raises questions about existence and stability and so on, and it also looks like a lazy attempt at getting out of the issue tbqh. That's giving it in short.

And, as I said, this is literally the tip of the iceberg.

One of the few stupid questions posed by those afraid of being held accountable for their actions.

God is eternal and so requires no cause. It's written right there.

Stop trying to make it infinite regression out of desperation with your faulty logic. This isn't your "in the world" polytheism.

You can either have blind faith, an eternal struggle to fine evidence or complete negligence of the matter.

How can you get sooner than the beginning? LOL. Literally making up conditions to make your statements true.

There are arguments for God and your OP are not them. Try again, Ahmed.

The question fails.

>Ahmed
Quiet, Jose Jamal

You are too immersed on your ideology, how is god eternal and has no cause, how do you know that, all you write is floating on nothing but speculation.

god is eternal. duh. he didn't begin to exist. he always was.

>fedoracuckfaggotcunt #1: b-but dat's not rashional enuff for my limited birdbrain to comprehend ;__;. muh fedora sits too tight right now as well.

so? fuck you. that's what metaphysics means. you can't grasp it by rational means. not surprising either. we talk about absolute metaphysical transcendence going against pure solipsism here that doesn't let you grasp it.

>convince me

it's healthy to follow a faith/develop spirituality so that you're less afraid of death and that you are more comfortable with your life as a result of praying and meditation. it's good for your emotional composure to do that. there is your pragmatic reason. on top of that, your life is limited but God's life isn't and he created everything so it's only beneficial to be on good terms with him.

The fundamental constants and quantities of the universe are tuned to very specific number. If the number was even slightly off for many of these factors, then the universe would be unable to support life.

The chance that life would be able to exist is so extremely small, that it can only be explained by:

1. God
This would also explain why people are designed seemingly intelligently.

2. Infinite universes
because it guarantees that a universe exists somewhere in which life exists.

Both of these choices require faith, since neither can truly be proven.
At least with God, you go to heaven when you die. I can't see any reason to go with the second option.

I can not do that. No human can do that.

God can only be found with your tongue... in a virgins asshole.

Your car breaks down on a snowy road miles away from anywhere. You are looking at the very real possibility of freezing to death.

You have two choices to believe: 1.) No one is coming I am probably going to die. 2.) Someone will come, everything will be ok.

It's up to you to decide what to believe.

You can only convince your self all you have to do is stop believing in the delusion

Can there be an infinite number of universes, though? I remember reading something which said it was not possible for multiple reasons. It was pretty interesting and I can't find the source.

Have anything on it?

>how is god eternal and has no cause
If God created the universe (space + time + energy), then it likely exists outside of time. Eternal by our perspective. Maybe there is a cause or isn't for Gods existence, but it isn't really possible to understand. Belief is an interpretation of the world, based on ones intelligence.

Yes there certainly can be multiple universes. Look up multiverse

The bible is fairy tale bullshit. Immaculate conception? Rising from the dead? Water to wine? Walking on water? Its ridiculous. Same with all other religions. But surely there is some higher power. don't think it particularly cares for us though

nono.

You have two choices to belive:
1) No one is coming and you are going to die.
2) Someone is watching and is letting you die

Ah, I thought you were talking more along the lines of an infinite set of parallel universes. I don't see an issue with a multiverse theory and God. In fact, I find it would actually strengthen the position personally.

Those are miracles, they're supposed to be amazing. I fail to see the issue against them, personally.

God's prolly watching and laughing at the idiot like, you stupid dummy, you got yourself in a life or death situation all by yourself and now you expect me to defy the laws of physics and divinely interrupt chosen fate.

Nah, there's some one on his way, he's just as stupid.

I can tell you are an autismo. This was not to be taken literally. It is a metaphor. Neither way of looking is right or wrong.

>same with all other religions

Nope. There is one exception and that is Sikhi.

Why believe in miracles just because they're written in an old book from 2000 years ago? Of course in an age of mass illiteracy and poverty, people were quick to believe in those things. Its no coincidence that the least developed parts of the world today are also the most religious.

>Kneels down opens mouth
I am ready daddy.

I am not the aussie, but multiverse is essentially discrete "bubbles" in a substance that the universe sprung from.

Also I think the electron double slit experiment gives some evidence toward an infinite set of parallel universes. This works in the paradigm of free will and predestination. God has given us free will to make choices among the infinite set before us, and God knows what can happen on that infinite set and how they interact.

clearly life could only be so terrible if there was an all powerful and cruel God behind it all

The works are there to show God's character and how he views humanity. If God didn't love us he would not have sent his son to die for us and perform works to provide testimony toward his righteousness.

Yeah gassing jews is unprecedented. America didn't decimate a race to near nonexistence and Russia didn't genocide 8 million ukrainians during the holodomor that took place a couple years before holocaust just to name one communist mass murder.

Wow yeah Germany was unique , really made me think there.

Just give it a try.

Terrible? Life is great! Get out of Mecca-North.

Do you honestly think that a Roman soldier would have mistook a Jewish peasant for passing out when his own life would be on the line? And surviving a brutal beating with a whip made with pieces of metal and bone that sunk into flesh?

People were not as stupid as you think. If Jesus had died and stayed dead, they would have paraded his body and quietened the people. The possibility of him surviving crucifixion with aspyhixiation, being stabbed and being tortured beforehand is slim to none.

This is ignoring Biblical accounts of Jesus doing cool stuff afterwards too.

That's an interesting way of looking at the idea of parallel universes.

You are right, on that scenario. What if time already was before this universe.
>but it isn't really possible to understand.
Exactly, God at least for me is everything we don't understand, is better to know that we don't know than start making up things and taking them as an absolute truth, like a sentient timeless being actually chose to make this all, we don't know, and knowing that, comes with thinking about all the possibilities while not fixating on certain rules.

OP's question was poorly defined. The only thing this argument shows is that there is something that transcends the material universe. You can say it's a higher power, you can call it God. This is just semantics. The problem is that religious believers, and it's mainly Christians who engage in apologetics (mudslimes are mindless beasts that are incapable of abstract thought so this does not pertain to them), then make a fallacious leap in logic whereby they equivocate this transcendent, higher power "God" with their touchy-feely Jesus confirmation bias God, and this is the problem. How do you prove that this "creator" God is not indifferent or ambivalent or even malevolent? Why would the existence of a creator "God" imply Christian morality being binding and absolute and Christian worship being more than ritualized self-hypnosis?

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

CONVINCE YOURSELF

youre baiting authority from man over God, so you can call out man for assuming any real authority, dirty atheist trick HAHAHHAHAHAHA

I'm cutting it short because the ebook I have which explains this in more detail is being shitty and lagging because I'm trying to do update some software, but...

Well, to go with my argument effectively rules out:

- atheism and atheistic religions
- pantheism
- polytheism (the good old Razor).

I feel it only leaves monotheism.

Of there, we can follow the teachings and see which ones apply. We have evidence to support Jesus' existence and people who were willing to die as witnesses to his ressurrection. Judaism says Jesus was a normal man (no resurrection). Islam says no crucifixion.

In a nutshell, off the top of my head.

>muh existence needs some new age, floating, static, anthropoid consciousness
Sorry, shit argument that doesn't hold water against pantheism.
>muh Fibonacci
numbers are a social construct

It's history, of the first several centuries of Christianity, that actually shows how fragile and messy the Christ cult is.

here's a miracle
youtube.com/watch?v=Hbr14KG3pro

The only thing we know about Jesus, and is presented as contemporary source, comes literally just from the new testament.
There is perhaps a good reason to why the native Jews, unlike diaspora Jews, did not fall for his story, maybe cause they knew that he was a charlatan a la Joseph Smith, Jim Jones.Maybe the Romans did parade his dead body.Then the apostles, scared shitless, fled to another place to sell their shitty cult a la Mani or Joseph Smith and all the other "inspired prophets" that started to piss off the locals and kings.

Maybe, perhaps, the entire religion is a forgery
>Jesus is messiah, he did miracles'n'sheeit
>if he legit, y didn't he do a miracle in the court but instead gave a cheeky reply
>UHM FUCK U JUST AS PLANNED PART OF HIS PLAN HE WANTED TO DIE SO HE CAN RESURRECT cuz sins and shit nigga fuck u
>and he did resurrect infa 100%

>shit argument
Not according to minds far more brilliant than yours and mine combined.

>pantheism
Something cannot be self-caused out of nothing. That's retarded.

>forgery
>people going willingly to their deaths in murderous ways as witnesses for it when they had literally no financial or social bonuses for doing it compared to the others
You're literally retarded.

none of the above.
my extensive experience with it gives me no reason to carry on with it or encourage it.
i am better off without it.
it doesn't work for me.
i'm not a robot
sovereign individual

People do invent bullshit stories, some people do believe those stupid stories, and some die willingly for them.You need to leave your fancy flat, city, and witness the oddity within humanity.Christianity did manage to evolve over the centuries, into some that looks authentic, dry, professional, monolithic, dare I say scientific, especially protestant that got rid of all traditions and rituals so you can't, from a modern Brit point of view, see the underlying superstition, and how insane superstition and how chaotic religion was.
Jesus is not the first nor the last prophet.The world will never lack Sai Babas and Baba Vangas.

I posted Mani for a good reason
>Shapur's successor Hormizd I (who reigned only for one year) appears to have continued to patronize Mani, but his successor Bahram I, a follower of the Zoroastrian reformer Kartir, began to persecute the Manichaeans. He incarcerated Mani, who died in prison within a month, in 274 CE.[17] Mani's followers depicted Mani's death as a crucifixion in a conscious analogy to the death of Christ; Al-Biruni says that Bahram ordered the execution of Mani. He was flayed alive and his skin stuffed with straw, was nailed to a cross and suspended over the main gate of the great city of Jundishapur as a terrifying spectacle for those who followed his teachings. His corpse was decapitated and the head placed on a spike. Bahram also ordered the killing of many Manicheans.[18]
The Manichaeists where slaughtered, like other Gnostics, I guess Mani is a real prophet then

>i'm not a robot
Yes, you are

There's a difference between firsthand and secondhand though, and the things they get from them. Mani's doesn't hold up in comparison.

robotic response