The Earth is a sphere

The Earth is a sphere.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTOE4Ar0Dfo
youtube.com/watch?v=4LPcNxYwhQo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dogs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nothing is a perfect sphere. What you have there is an image crafted in photoshop.

If the Earth is round, how do the people on the south hemisphere not fall off?

go back to leftypol

Actually these days it's a pear-shaped oblate spheroid.

youtube.com/watch?v=nTOE4Ar0Dfo

Gravity

That is supposed to be a pear shaped "earth". Change that photo to a pear first, then ask again.

Oh you're buying that meme? okay then then I'll humor you

If a spherical Earth was attracting things to itself, how come the moon, the sun, and all the stars don't fall from the sky?

Earth is an octahedron

Prove me wrong

>pro-tip: you can't

"Slightly wider at the equator and below"
Because gravity scales with mass. Also you don't understand how orbits work

ok

You are a sphere.
Prove me wrong.
(time stamp required)

Hold. The. Phone

Are you that guy who thinks the Earth orbits the sun? I'm getting sick of destroying that argument.

Reminder all this shitposting started when someone discovered The Flat Earth Society still has a functioning website and then faggots started pretending they were flat earthers.

"it's like PEAR SHAPED".

Good job for you that allegedly the difference is so small that it can't be seen on images of the earth. Which leaves me wondering: what shape is the earth according to globegoys now? One the one hand, the earth is an "oblate-spheroid", which is shaped like a pear... but on the other hand is the inconvenient fact that every single NASA representation of the earth ever has depicted the earth as a perfect sphere. Can any globegoy confirm the shape of the earth for me?

they actually are, the moon is the material that built up on itself from what wasnt sucked into the earths gravity, all moons are, all planets are. the stars are too far away to be pulled into the sun...
they were molten when the material collided with itself, then cooled into a "sphere"

cont..
the mass of material fell into the sun, the planets, the moons, the remaining material remains in a decaying orbit,i.e. centrifugal force

Nice fiction you've been reading m8.

Actually Earth is not an ideal sphere

>The Earth is a sphere.
Not true. The earth is too misshapen to be a sphere. If it were a sphere, it would be covered by water 100%.

The earth is a geoid. A sphere is a rough approximation of that form that serves well until you want to do calculations with exactness of under a kilometer or so.

so you believe that the international space station is a "projected image" onto the surface of the sky ....around the whole world,
...dating all the way back to sputnick, because anyone with a pair of decent binoculars/cheap telescope could see manmade objects orbiting the earth....
this is what flatearthers actually believe, officially, i shit you not, the cold war was apparently fake because everyone on hearth had to project the image of sputnik over the world, and every orbiting object since then

>so you believe that the international space station is a "projected image" onto the surface of the sky ....around the whole world,

Well to be honest I don't really know what the "ISS" is. But it certainly isn't what NASA portray it as. There is no evidence of the ISS actually orbiting the earth; there is only grainy amateur footage of some white stick-looking thing people have ignorantly assumed is the ISS, and then there's the laughable, looped, CGI-backdrop "live footage" of the ISS which NASA puts out and gullible globe goys swallow without questioning.

very clear iss photos taken the world over by amateurs and professionals alike

looks like the iss to me, complete with solar panels,

I could make that on Photoshop in 20 minutes

It's actually an oblong spheroid.

>If it were a sphere, it would be covered by water 100%.

Gravity pulls you down tho

The (((gravity))) theory makes no sense if you look at it logically.

yeah, maybe you could, but to actually disprove it, you would have to go out on a day the iss eclipses the moon and look for yourself, and the whole world hoping to see objects orbiting the sun at night would have to not be able to have ever seen them

Lel. You call these professional?

Wtf part of the earth is it even supposedly orbiting in the second pic?

0/10 bait

i said amateur and professional alike,
the whole earth

this. everything else is just bullshit made by ethnic groups we may or may not like depending on our current rage level.

>i said amateur and professional alike
Ok so where are the professional ones?

>the whole earth
I asked what part. Because it doesn't look remotely earth-like and doesn't resemble any part of the earth I can think of.

any flat earthers here? I have a legit question, if the earth is flat, then how come I can't see mount everest (or any high mountain) from my living room? no, there's no taco stand outside my house

Trying standing on a basketball. Notice how you fall off? It would be the same with the earth thats why the earth is flat.

It bulges slightly at the equator due to centrifugal force.

An object will actually weight slightly less at the equator than at the poles because the centrifugal force is fighting the force of gravity.

so you are the authority on professional/unprofessional pictures of the sky taken with 200x + telescopic lens,
no
you get that that is the moon in the background, right? you get the scale and everything, if it was orbiting the moon, the iss would have to be thousands of times larger to appear as such...
you dont seem to understand this

>What is Atmosphere.

Things are not so black and white like you wish to believe. You realize there is about 15 pounds per square inch pushing down on you from the air?

Gravity is only one element of many.

Also, the Earth is not perfectly round. If it were would we have Tides? I don't think so.

Wake up, your shaming humankind and AYY LMAO's are laughing.

So why does every single photograph taken by NASA depict the earth as a perfect sphere?

>(((atmosphere)))

to stand on a flat plate, you would need gravity to not fall off. gravity pulls from all directions, masses of material fall into themself in space, making shperical shaped planets

EVERY picture from NASA is fake.

because the bulge is so minor it's not perceptible from space
that illustration is not to scale, obviously

Do you like playing the role of a retard or are you genuinely retarded?

because its perfect enough of a sphere that the oblong shape is difficult to perceive

>you get that that is the moon in the background, right

That just makes it even less believable.

Where are the professional photos or videos which show the ISS orbiting the earth?

Why can't we ever see the curviture if the Earth is a sphere?

Le repulsed nigger meme

Alright, lets see it then. Let's see this barrier.

>because the bulge is so minor it's not perceptible from space
>that illustration is not to scale, obviously

I knew this would be your answer. And how convenient it is. So let me get this straight: the earth is oblate.... but it just LOOKS like a perfect sphere in every photo taken of it ever, because it.... can't be detected? Can you please confirm and verify the actual shape of the earth for me.

Reminder that believing in a spherical Earth is heresy.

Evidence of the Firmament that covers the Earth.

So is the earth actually oblate or a sphere? Why is an oblong not difficult to perceive in any other oblong shape ever? But with the earth its suddenly, conveniently impossible to detect.

the moon wouldnt be in the foreground

...you trollin?

and again, state your basis and specific measurement of professional/unprofessional
the majority of the photos would probably be taken my amateurs anyway, larger, more expensive equipment is probably being used to capture less routine sightings

curvature becomes less visible if the object your on is massive. In fact, science explains that if a sphere is projected large enough, eventually all surrounding land would have a planar-like optical illusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LPcNxYwhQo

On large scales it can curve just fine you moron. It's only level at small scales because the earth is big and all spherical surfaces "look" flat at small scales.

so, um, you measure it. i'll wait

Where are the edges fag?

>Where are the edges
The Antarctic Ice Wall.

"earth level" appears to be slightly above the clouds in this picture, you need to be at the upper portion of the atmosphere to see the curvature

Because it's far away enough from where you live

1000mph means fuck all. Centrifugal force scales with angular velocity, the earth spins 2pi radians a day, roughly 0.00003 radians per second. This power's earths gravity by a tiny fraction of what it would otherwise be at the equator and that difference with latitude (of a few hubdreths of a percent) can be measured

Since when does the bible specify the shape of the earth?

It can be detected and measured, just not visibly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dogs

You get out much? Ever seen a Rainbow before?

I can make them in my backyard with a hose, must mean the ones in (((Nature))) are faked by other humans.

You clearly just jumped into the conversation knowing nothing, desperately trying to prove your position to someone who wasn't even remotely discussing it.
Dismissed.

see

>the moon wouldnt be in the foreground

No shit Sherlock. But with that supposedly being the moon in the background, the image looks even less believable because it's so fucking close to the moon it looks like it's orbiting it rather than the earth.

>state your basis and specific measurement of professional/unprofessional

Why is this such a difficult request for you? Is it because you know there aren't any believable, professional photos or videos of the ISS orbiting the earth? Stop being scared and show me something faggot.

Retarded. First image is taken from over 5 times the distance from earth to the moon, not close to it.

Yes you dolt, the difference between the major axes is around 20Km, this is less than 0.3% of the shortest axis, you would need to break out some sort of measuring tool to see that in a picture, this is why it appears to be a sphere.

>Oh, don't see any curvature on the Earth? just go higher
>Oh our story of how the Earth was formed makes no sense? just add another billion years to it

this is bait right?

Ahhh so it all comes back to muh mathematics.

It exists (((mathematically)))... just not in reality. How fucking convenient.

What happens if you go over the wall?

It's an oblate spheroid you dumb fuck.

>Yes you dolt

So can you provide me any other examples of oblate spheroids that look like perfect spheres?

You're in Mexico.

that would only make sence if the earth was round

Well played Nige

next you're going to tell me the wind doesn't exist because you can't see it

20 km out of 6000 is nothing. It's like having a metre wide spheroid where it's 3mm wider at its equator vs around the poles. It's almost a sphere.

This is bullshit, gases still have a mass which means that they are acted upon by gravity, for the outside of a sphere this means that they are pulled towards the center of the sphere. The atmosphere is held against the surface by gravity, no different than you or I.

Stupid strawman. You can feel it. It's effects are observable.

See
The difference from a sphere is tiny

Yeah I know... it's oblate... it's just only perceivable as a perfect sphere cause muh mathematics.

human vision is limited

If the earth is a flat disc, then what's on the other side of it?

the Earth is big, Mt. Everest is far away, distant objects appear smaller

do the math

>next you're going to tell me the wind doesn't exist because you can't see it
Well it's NOT real, but that's a discussion for another time

Explain water drops, gravities natural effect on water is globular

sick digits.
I will prove the earth is AT LEAST arced using only the pyramid at giza

If the earth had a diameter of 1 meter
the distance from the equator to the pyramid
would be exactly one egyptian cubit
this only works if it is an ARC DISTANCE
chordal distance will not reconcile the meter with the egyptian cubit

the plate holding it up, duh!

We have telescopes

the fact that a flat surface seems more logical is the case because you're a human who is used to seeing things rest on flat surfaces. you have no knowledge of how incredibly large objects work outside your mind. you are what is called narrow minded.

the earth is an actual testicle

telescopes are limited