Tax on soda

Should people be punished with taxes for purchasing Coke, like they are alcohol and tobacco?

well to be honest i don't see why that would be a problem

I dont see a problem with it. Fatties cost the gubment (really, us taxpayers) a whole lot of money in unnecessary medical expenses. This would be one way to help make them pay for it.

Fine with me. I drink about 24 oz. Of soda a week.
That wouldn't cost me more than a quarter.

yeah, please more regulations. we need the fda to spoonfeed me please, i pay my taxes and need to hold someone's hand when i purchase fizzly drinks.

Sugared sodas? Tax them. But leave zero calorie sodas alone.

yes, in my country the tax money could go towards funding the treatments needed to sort out the health problems associated

holy shit, is this a thinly disguised FDA raid thread, fuck you bootlickers. this is a board of peace

It really shouldn't matter if you pay it or not.

I don't smoke, but I always vote against tobacco tax increases.

Fuck the government trying to get their grubby little paws on as much money as possible. Also, fuck people that want to tax their neighbors because "hey, doesn't affect me!"

Yes, sin tax should be the only tax

The more expensive you make a thing the more desirable it becomes.

Freakanomics 101.

Existed here in NY until very recently. It made travel and individual sized bottles of soda the same as 2L bottles essentially. Discouraging people financially into an expensive habit. Then again, cigarettes are $13.00+ per pack and that doesn't keep people from smoking.

Hmm.

Yes. People chugging down 2l of coke a day are a huge drain on our healthcare system (diabetes, heart diseases).

Ideally, all junk food should be taxed based on how damaging it is.

I wouldn't mind paying 0.3€ more for my occasional Coke can if it saves me 500€/year in taxes because I don't have to pay for these idiots.

how about fucking BAN THEM JUST LIKE DRUGS SINCE SODA HAS A 40% INCREASED CHANCE OF CAUSING TYPE 2 DIABETES IN ALL HEALTHY PEOPLE

Won't really affect me as I only drink about 12 oz of soda a week, but I doubt this will do anything to curb most fatties.

A tax on soda penalizes healthy people who drink soda in moderation. I'd rather have a tax based on body fat %.

it's fuckign poison m8, empty calories with 0 nutritional value, POISON, POISON YOU FUCK

Chewing tobacco isn't half as bad as soda

I don't think most people realize that soda is literally liquid candy. Like it's nothing but straight sugar. It's okay to have some in moderation like you would candy, but soda has been normalized as being a run of the mill drink to go with every meal.

Here in Philadelphia we're imposing a tax on sugary drinks that starts January 1st. 1.5c an oz. I don't drink soda often but this hurts small businesses like food trucks and I really doubt the money collected will go anywhere but the pockets of the elite.

Would you guys mind just fucking off snd becoming part of Jersey or Maryland already? Thanks.

t. Central PA

oh fuck

really?

we should get a 100% tax on literally everything

Don't really care, I drink a can of soda maybe every few months

Fatties cost the taxpayer more than smokers.

Smokers die early, often before collecting any sort of social security while some diabetic fat fuck can live much longer.