So Sup Forums, when did you grow out of religion? I was 13

So Sup Forums, when did you grow out of religion? I was 13

Ps. I appreciate Christian values and will teach them to my son, but cmon, God? LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can generally say same thing. I was the type of kid who always asked, "why?" I remember getting in trouble in Sunday school for asking too many questions, being annoyed that no one could provide meaningful answers.

But I'll always fight on the Christian team and make sure my kids go to church. I believe it's important for their development, and then let them make their own decisions later

>"Christian values"
You mean Bronze Aga logic?

I mean not being a degenerate logic

Like what exactly? The only wisdom in the bible can be found almost anywhere being practiced by anyone who isn't a psychopath.

I'm not religious, but when you attend church you hear uplifting stories that provide a framework and context for doing the right thing. It's easy to poke holes in Christianity, but church services almost always provide a moral lesson that you can ponder and think about that are meant to help you be a better, kinder, more generous person.

Kids need to fear consequences, either coming from God or getting spanked.

Bronze age logic holds up surprisingly well the problem is that it's Israeli bronze age logic rather than some mongol bronze age logic so we have literally the mentality of Trudeau with "if you kill ur enemies they win" which is why we're not winning irl. but only in Trudeau-an world.

You could just teach the kid these values without them being buried underneath literal fantasy.

You should do the right thing because it's the right thing because it's the right thing, not because you'll go to hell if you don't. Punishment is important, but it should come from the parent.

As i said im not religious anymore, but "God" is all the answer a kid needs when he questions why he needs to behave that way. Catechism for example is a more rigid learning place compared to school (specially nowadays) and it helps the parents by reinforcing basic moral standards to the child.

>implying bronze "aga" was bad
The Mycenaeans were cool. Fuck off

>but cmon, God? LMAO

God exists - God just doesn't talk to man much because most of them worship the false God Yahweh.

"Hearing that Zach lost his son really struck a nerve with me, especially because I'm the one who killed him."

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/

I agree with you on this. But there is something more powerful and more meaningful when those lessons are taught and explained in a community-type setting.

I go to church about five times a year, and I generally feel better when I leave, thinking about some "fantasy" story where the guy walking down the street gives assistance to his sworn enemy.

I was 8, laying on my bed, contemplating the futility of human existence. Then a thought swiftly popped up inside my mind.
>"wtf god cant be real, thats not logical"
And here I am now, shitposting on Sup Forums while wearing my favorite fedora and trenchcoat.

You should read about ontological arguments, user.

Never make your picture more interesting than your post. Sauce?

Atheists Fedora Pagan Larpers are animals. They should be killed and gassed. They are literally why Europe is the way it is.

This Leftism is nothing typical atheistic and pagan jewish culture. Should be eradicated

>pagan jewish culture

>Not knowing Katya

Judaism is form of paganism. Paganism is the definition of being materialist and anti-one-true-God and that's what Pagans are. Judaism preaches worship of angels and not God. Therefore pagan.

Leftists have their pagan pantheon: LGBT gods, Colored Shitskin gods.

Paganism = Degenerate Atheistic Niggerism.

Katya's an adulterous slut. Stop posting pictures of her right now.

Oh you mean that argument that relies on multiple fallacies and has been debunked by many philosophers over the centuries?

>We cant imagine something that is greater than God meaning tha he is real
wew

You're lucky you're not from Brazil otherwise you would be trending on liveleak right now bitch

>relies on multiple fallacies
>debunked by philosophers

What Bertrand Russel said about Anselm's Ontological Argument:

"The argument does not, to a modern mind, seem very convincing, but it is easier to feel convinced that it must be fallacious than it is to find out precisely where the fallacy lies."

You should read about them yourself and the criticisms instead of jumping to conclusions.

Read it, senpai. Don't take my word for it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument

I asked why too much at age 10

Did this girl break your heart, user?

I was 11, just couldn't figure out how god came to exist, doesn't make sense. But really how did anything come to exist, there had to of been something before the big bang.

FAKEEEEEEEEEEE

believe yourself capable of reaching the unknown! this here is god fearin america!

noah's flood would globally warm my life to hell! god save me!

>dat meme op

Around the same time for me too.

Your son, or your wife's son?

filthy gaijin kuso thread stop posting

Gödel says "Hi"

she's a race-mixer for sure

damn thats a rare Katya

Like 8, when I got aware of my conciousness and first heard of religion I immediately discarded it as bullshit of the highest degree. When I later researched it, I was right and religion is a great mind control experiment. To believe in any religion you can sure be smart, but you lack the chemical in the brain that makes connections between things that are obvious.

Beautiful like the face of God itself.

I know what Russell said, I have "A History of Western Philosophy" laying right next to me.

If you have read about the ontological argument(s) and the criticisms you are familiar with the problems inherent to it.

Debunked was probably too edgelord of a word, but in my defense, your original post wasn't exactly high effort either.

13 as well
at 18 I grew out of atheism

For the Big Bang to have happened, according to the simple cause and effect principle, something outside of our single point highly dense unborn universe had to have set it into motion. This unknown force does not have to abide by our laws of physics, time, or any other set law that exists within our universe, because it existed outside of our universe. I believe this "unknown force" to be have been God.

On macro evolution, the arrangement of our universe, and the complexity of our laws of physics and position in our galaxy that allows life to thrive, it is all so perfectly fine tuned that it is mathematically impossible to have happened by chance. To say that life developed complex systems that respond to different types of stimuli that previously couldn't even be detected by the organism just by random evolution over time is almost asinine. Genetic coding in our DNA is so impressive that there is no way that we developed organs that pick up light such as our eyes and organ systems that work together such as the nervous or digestive systems simply by chance. That's like slamming on your keyboard billions of times until eventually you get a working operating system.

Yeah, I am familiar with the arguments against it. In the end, to a layman, it boils down to whether or not user believes some axioms to be true in regards to his interpretations of God.

>my post wasn't high effort

I was merely recommending him reading about, never stated it to be absolute proof of anything.

I left atheism during college, and consider myself a non-denominational Christian now. I believe I was the age of 18 when I converted.

Why try to convince others of a philosophical view that has no value? I am not using this as a way to argue for my belief, but people sure seem to invest a lot of time in arguing against something that they do not believe in...

I'm not an awful fedora retard so I only grow into having my own spirituality and faith.

ask yourself this. if religion is able to treat the fear of death and cultivates having good emotional and spiritual composure, then how can it be bad? it just isn't. I reject the flawed idea that there was nothing metaphysical responsible for the creation of the universe.

Im not a fedora r/atheism user aswell, most people irl dont even know that im an atheist, i only say it when they ask, but cmon...religion creates some pretty crazy lunatics, and in my personal experience really religious people are just dumb as shit with 0 strength of mind

>missing the point
>implying religion is still religion when it gets out of hand

>tattoo
>makeup
0/10 wouldn't marry.

>Let's assume god exist
>therefore god exist
Noice m8
Maybe you should choose your axioms more wisely in the future though.

I don't remember but not so long ago.

And you wouldn't marry you, you fat fuck!

I never grew into it.
It has never been a part of my life.
We did school stuff in church like once or twice a year, until that became a bad thing, but it was not connected to "the church".

I was 7 when I first heard about the concept of god, and I said, paraphrasing here: "That's ridiculous."

What I was told was, there's an old man in the clouds, etc.