Bring back ð and þ

The thron (þ) and the eth (ð) are two Germanic characters used to represent the 'th' sound, as featured in words like 'brother' and 'think'.

I propose we resurrect these two ancient characters of the Anglo people.

Also brown people can't pronounce the voiced or unvoiced 'th' ('bruva,' 'fink.'), which is an added benefit.

Good luck getting anyone at all to follow you m8. Language develops naturally over time and you can't just change it by fiat.

We don't need both thorn and eth. The cases where we need to distinguish /θ/ and /đ/ are rare.

> eth (ð)
If I recall correctly, this is short hand for dth which has actually become a relatively rare set of consonants. Hundredth could be written hundreð for instance, but what else?

The thron is used everywhere though, check out how many th's I've unintentionally used in this post alone.

One for voiced, one for unvoiced.

>Language develops naturally over time
Nothing related to humanity has a "natural" change. It's always changed by people.

þorn, not þron

Eth was an alternative for thorn in Old English. They didn't signify alternate pronunciations as they do in, say, Icelandic.

In Anglo Saxon writings they used boþ interchangeably, but we can take a cue from Icelandic and give ðem each ðeir own meanings.

Voiced/voiceless distinction in the th sound is rare though. I can only think of "this'll" vs "thistle" as a minimal pair. It'd be like suggesting a new letter for x because x is occasionally voiced.

We'd need new keys.

I'd sooner rather see Ampersand become its own letter again. That way it's easier to teach retarded Romance Language speakers to speak English.

>Language develops naturally over time
True, but this guy is talking about a writing standard. It's quite common for things like this to be changed.
For example, Turkish used to be written in Arabic script and now uses Latin letters. Adding an extra letter is no issue.
>Nothing related to humanity has a "natural" change. It's always changed by people.

Mate, I've read a lot of dumb shit in my time here.
But this is exceptionally retarded.
I just thought I'd give you a heads up that I'm screenshotting what you said just so I can read it and laugh whenever I'm feeling down

In the Nethelands, if your name begins wit 'Th', it is officially considered a single letter. For instance if your name is Thorin, your initial isn't T but Th. Names like that are rare though.

I wonder why that is. I don't think it's historical th, because that sound became d in modern Dutch.
I only knew about the ij/y thing.

Just learn Icelandic or something.
That's where I see it

Bringing it back since 2013! Got this tat after visiting Iceland.

>thron
*thorn desu

>Bruva, fink

But chavs already talk like that.

Because languages get simplified as they evolve.
In italian for example the "iuo" sound got simplified in "io" and we lost most of the latin cases.
In Dutch, the german "ch" ( the hocking sound) has been simplified to "k", as in Ich -> Ik.

>In Dutch, the german "ch" ( the hocking sound) has been simplified to "k", as in Ich -> Ik.
Wrong, k -> ch in those environments is a German innovation. That's why German is the odd one out when comparing make - maken - machen.
Original ch sounds have been preserved in Dutch, see daughter - dochter - Tochter

Anglos should all just go back to old english desu. Too many pooskins know how to speak our current language.

I already devised new orthography rules for English

Yes you can

with enough violence, anything is possible