This is what atheists actually believe

Atheists actually believe that time, the universe, nothing existed, but then that nothing exploded for some reason (nothing caused it), and then the laws of the universe were randomly created somehow, the laws that would go to us.

They actually believe that stars started to form, that by pure coincidence the amazingly complex processes of stars would just accidentally create all of the materials that would be perfectly suited to create us

They actually believe that these stars just exploded, and materials and rocks would gather, and they actually believe that from nothing, to rocks, organic life was formed somehow

And by pure coincidence over millions of years without any intervention that lead to humanity

You can't reasonably explain the process of fusion, the start of our universe, the life cycle of stars, physics and chemistry without some sort of intervention intelligent design.

Why can't Atheists just admit that God caused the big bang and guided humanity to life?

Deism is kind of okay.

Prophets need not apply.

they believe it because its theoretical science. big bang theory is historically recent. before that, people believed that space and time were infinite, thus already existed forever.

in either case, atheists have always believed whatever scientific theory is most prevalent. this is because they have autism, and don't know how to use the instinct for belief that god has given them.

so, it doesn't matter what theory is the most prevalent in the scientific community. rest assured, that is where they will place their cornerstone.

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

>time

what's that

>You can't reasonably explain the process of fusion, the start of our universe, the life cycle of stars, physics and chemistry without some sort of intervention intelligent design.

That is why most scientist are agnostic, atheism is dumb as fuck

Scientists, atheist or otherwise, have explained the process of fusion (we just can't reproduce it commercially yet), and the life cycle of stars. Those explanations are a part of physics and chemistry. Science presents a coherent narrative for everything since the big bang, with two exceptions; the cause of the big bang itself and the cause of the first living cell. We are still working on those.

I am inclined to think that if any religious lore had its origin in an omniscient being (as opposed to just the fevered imagination of a human) then at least some piece of religious lore somewhere would have accurately predicted the existence of DNA, or planetary orbits, or the laws of gravity, or the bacterial origin of disease, or geology, or even just one equation that meant anything, instead of just petty exhortations to homophobia and misogyny.

>Atheists actually believe that time, the universe, nothing existed, but then that nothing exploded for some reason (nothing caused it), and then the laws of the universe were randomly created somehow, the laws that would go to us.
and you can go back to school.

It wasn't that nothing existed, it was just that nothing we recognise existed. On a long enough time scale the star stuff would align well that it would cause a reaction that creates the universe . The time scale is unknown to us and I doubt we could even comprehend it.

Every time I get to thinking American education churns out way too many mouth-breathers a leaf appears and reminds me it could be worse.

Daily reminder for brainlets:

Big Bang theory is only a cosmological model from the earliest known periods. It doesn't assume anything about the state of the universe before or at the time of singularity.

Educate yourself before you start talking shit about something, this is why nobody takes religitards seriously.

>implying I need to believe anything to tell you your beliefs are ridiculous

>calls people brainlets
>not an ounce of spiritual intelligence

just end it dude its gonna be endless darkness for you no matter what you do

Atheists don't "believe".
Atheists are on quest for a more satisfying answer than "space harry potter did it". We know our current understanding / interpretation of thing is either wrong or incomplete, and we keep searching for a better one. There is no "belief" : everything is happily discarded when new evidences appear.

Define spiritual intelligence first, brainlet.

I was banned from r/atheism by simply saying "m'lady"

Can you believe that shit?

>this is because they have autism, and don't know how to use the instinct for belief that god has given them.

it's actually true. there is a correlation between autism and atheism. a part in their brain might actually be malfunctioning and thus they don't understand religion or spirituality and belief.

it's very unpleasant to deal with such individuals.

If it didn't happen, you wouldn't be here to criticize it.

Also, this doesn't defy the possibility of a god.

the ability to feel your own soul, and your soul's relation to god.

if you cant feel it in your gut you are not a man (men think for themselves) and you are barely a person.

>you see all this complex stuff? That couldn't have happened by chance!
>You see, a magician did it

Purely by chance the variant without magic is more plausible.

As opposed to 'a wizard did it'.

>1 post by this LEAF

Define soul, brainlet.

>Men think for themselves
You mean blindly believe in shit they were indoctrinated into from young age, or are stupid enough to get into religion because their role model Sup Forums says it's the right thing to do?

You're only further embarassing yourself, brainlet.

Bro, I'm not even sure of things that happened 70 years ago, let alone 7 billilion trillion years ago. Lay off me.

if you feel this way i understand. i did too.

if you want to think for yourself and stop blindly listening to Sup Forums shils, look into psilocibin mushrooms and lsd. ignore the degenerate drug addicted morons and just see what one or two doses can do for you. you dont have to drop acid every week, much less every DECADE, to enjoy the spiritual benefits of it. just dont go in with an athiestic viewpoint. it opens you to the "demons" that people have been seeing for literally thousands of years that suddenly dont exist anymore now.

>Atheists actually believe that time, the universe, nothing existed, but then that nothing exploded for some reason (nothing caused it), and then the laws of the universe were randomly created somehow

That sounds more like what the religious believe.

lol like i said, you are hopeless. you have tricked yourself like the good goy you are. i dont agree with the rothschilds to be honest but when people like you come along its really hard to blame them.

I'm glad you admitted your intellectual inferiority. Now run along into your bumfuck nowhere church and talk with yourself until you feel better.

>Define soul, brainlet.
Religion is an ART, not a science! *cries libtears*

>Atheists actually believe that time, the universe, nothing existed, but then that nothing exploded for some reason

No, Atheists just acknowledge that they don't know what happened before this.

Get off your high horse and realize that fighting over which schizo is the correct one to follow, is a strategy employed by (((them))) to keep you from self-actualization and becoming a god in the flesh

faggot
T. Agnostic nihilist

the big bang is a limit, not an actual single event

time can't "start", it always was; look up limits in calculus, big bang cosmologies describe different possibilities for the earliest known points towards that limit and never imply the universe has finite time, christcucks never understand this

PRAISE KEK

i dont go to church, i dont believe dogmatic nonsense is necessary to save myself in the eyes of god. it just helps mentally and spiritually disabled people such as yourself understand.

>time can't "start"
debatable

Your brain is not capable of understanding how slow these processes form through time. There is so so so so so much that we don't know about soace yet, we literally know 0.2℅ of what space actually is and how it formed itself and where it came from. You're acting we figured it all out and that its wrong.but we haven't even seen the iceberg yet, we know its general location somewhere, but it'll be a long time until we can even see the tip.

There are already some very serious theories that show that all planets/solar systems/ everything is moving away from eachother, not only that we are moving away frol a certain starting point, a certain middle you can say. Hubble had some pics to back this up.

Religion is for the mentally weak, if you can't understand why you're exactly the person i'm talking about.

My one and only post, not gonna try and convince brainwashed cucklords.

Knowledge is power.

Are you the same Canadian that doesn't understand the Monty Hall problem?

>not only that we are moving away from a certain starting point, a certain middle you can say.
There is no "middle" we are moving away from. The universe is expanding, but there is no centre.

Look at images from the hubble telescope that will back me up. Its literally called the hubble-effect.

If we originate from a "big-bang" we have to come from one single point. Which is the case. Everthing is moving away from eachother but at the same time all from the same point aswel.

If you do not research but dare to answer again i will not reply to you anymore.

>If we originate from a "big-bang" we have to come from one single point.
The big bang was not a "single point". Everything in the observable universe was once compressed into a tiny space. But there was no "centre". In the same sense the the universe is infinitely big, the big bang was also infinitely big.

Clearly you misunderstand the concept. There is no exact Center, technically everywhere you stand is the center as all objects will be travelling away from you wherever you stand in the universe.

This user get it.

To put it into perspective for the lesser people on here, imagine the universe started out the size of a single pixel. This pixel contained everything and anything inside itself all at once. In incalculable amounts of time, this pixel started growing. The first parts of this, everything within the pixel was still so close to one another, that nothing could really escape it, this means no light and no energy as we've come to understand it, just a horrifyingly dense mass of everything.

With time, the pixel expanded enough to allow for energy to pass freely through the nothing that now is. Now add in the law of entropy, and you have a universe in which things constantly break down into either simpler and more efficient forms of energy, or denser more complex forms of matter.

Another way to picture the expansion of the universe is to realize that, if you jumped into a spaceship going at 99.99percent of the speed of light and you headed towards the nearest galaxy, you'd never actually see that galaxy become anything but smaller. And eventually, it would be just you and the void with nothing but ''infinite'' darkness surrounding you on all sides.

>Why can't Atheists just admit that God caused the big bang and guided humanity to life?

Because you can't ignore facts...as usual you make use of science uncertainity.
Science DOES NOT create a reality, it helps us understand it the best way possible.

Besides, religion is for faggots scared of reality

>people who cling to BBT while not realizing it is largely theistic in nature

Doctrine, saints, genesis, revelation ... it's all still there-- just packaged with different names-- and don't you dare question any of it... that would be heresy.

>Hubble effect
You mean Hubble's Law? That actually describes that every galaxy is accelerating from all the other galaxies relatively to their frame of reference? There is no centre of the universe, the galaxies are expanding from each other like points drawn on an inflating baloon. The distance between them just increases, there is no centre.

wtf I love jesus now

Thanks for the baloon example

I hope I live long enough to see the nuclear annihilation of Canada

which god?
polytheist here

The Spaghetti monster

Atheists are fucking stupid thats why. They'd believe gravity exists cause of an apple but not space and time existing cause of God?

>Why can't Atheists just admit that God caused the big bang and guided humanity to life?

They don't want to answer for their bad deeds. A robber, murderer, or a rapists don't want that the police exists either.

>They'd believe gravity exists cause of an apple
not actually true

>but not space and time existing cause of God?
correct

god is just your ego putting a sky wizard above people who out performed you

they cant comprehend things they cant see or hear. it is a consequence of heavy metal induced "autism".

Christians actually believe that some Jew who died 2000 years ago created the universe. Yes, they are that retarded.

>

What caused the pixel?

hey now goyim, start thinking too much and we might have to start calling you a schizo

Those are Traditionalists. Modern Catholics believe God causes the Big Bang, which is what I believe in.

I'd love to believe it was autism and not arrogance.

How is it not true?

Atheists don't believe that. The Big Bang is not the beginning of literal time. It's just the beginning of observable time.

It's so bright that we can't look past it.

Imbecile

Either this universe is a ''simulated'' experience, which I cannot explain in simple terms without dragging in high maths and a shitload of scientific papers, or it's just part of a cycle; meaning that the universe just has always been for whatever reason, it just needs to reset once in a while because of entropy or things like a negative vacuum ripping space time asunder.

It's kind of like asking ''what were you before you were born''. the answer is simple, it's nothing, but the concept of nothing is so hard to truly grasp for the human brain, that we can only speculate what this really means.

Those are some big ol god of the gaps right there.

>How is it not true?
newton and the apple is a myth for one.

for two, newton's theory of gravity is extremely simple to demonstrate with experiments the average person can do.

>Either this universe is a ''simulated'' experience

What causes the simulation?

> it's just part of a cycle

What caused the cycle to start? The cycle can't be infinite, or our cycle would never arrived.

>the concept of nothing is so hard to truly grasp for the human brain, that we can only speculate what this really means.

Nothingness is easily graspable. It's just absence of everything.

I recommend you to read 'The Kālam Cosmological Argument' by philosopher William Lane Craig. It was published in 1979, but it's still as relevant.

>The cycle can't be infinite, or our cycle would never arrived.
that makes no sense

>newton and the apple i
Is true.

>instead of just petty exhortations to homophobia and misogyny.

Fucking absolute faggot.

So... Where did God come from?

But it does. Let me ask you: how can one traverse an infinite? If there's a infinite amount of steps between us, how can you reach me?

w/e. The story still has nothing to do with why we believe in newton's theory of gravity. We believe it because it's easy to demonstrate the truth of it via experiment and observation.

God has always existed.

>If there's a infinite amount of steps between us, how can you reach me?
There are an infinite amount of steps between us, yet I can still reach you somehow. Amazing right?

>Amazing right?

Nope. It's impossible.

its an ok theory i guess.

ever heard of Big Bounce theory? they say the big bang is cyclical and the universe will collapse in on itself before another big bang happens, and it repeats infinite amount of times creating a seemingly new universe each time.

seems compatible with atheism

That's about as satisfying as any beginning of the universe theory.

Your "brainlet" moniker is simply too kewl fer skewl.

Are you one edgy motherfucker or what?

It's impossible for me to reach you? okay mate.

yeah, it's pretty savage.

Each sub Reddit is its own echo chambers. I got banned from r/the_donald for not sucking Donald's dick.

Show how it's possible.

>

We're all living inside of a higher being's simulation. We can't comprehend what life outside of this is like or how that started because we will never experience it. It's beyond our understanding.

You up for beating as well? Present your arguments, brainlet.

>They actually believe that stars started to form, that by pure coincidence the amazingly complex processes of stars would just accidentally create all of the materials that would be perfectly suited to create us

Gravity is not "pure coincidence"

Something was going to happen with all that matter, it's not surprising so much matter and gas would do something as spectacular as that in such a large quantity and high density

This is a fucking shill, God dammit, the atheists here are on your fucking side when it comes to politics, fuck off you off topic piece of shit

Is this a meme? Do you fucking retards spout the same tried old debunked arguments that anyone with an iq over 100 and basic knowledge would laugh at? When was atheism associated with sjw?

i can start walking to you with steps of 2ft for step. In a finite amount of time I'll arrive in your location.

Pretty simple stuff actually. Most animals can figure this stuff out.

But we believe that god is the big bang.

That's why we call him Big Bang.

We just don't like the word God.. It's such a weak and meaningless word abused by cults.

This is why it is called a 'belief'. Nobody truly claims to know it. However, it is absolutely clear that our world cannot possibly be a coincidence, because something cannot come from nothing and our human mind cannot grasp the concepts of infinity or eternity.

>seems compatible with atheism

1. It contradicts the laws of thermodynamics.

2. Actual infinities are impossible.

3. The fact that there is a collection of universes needs an explanation.

>Your brain is not capable of understanding how slow these processes form through time.

>Religion is for the mentally weak, if you can't understand why you're exactly the person i'm talking about

You're a dumb fuck and not even worth arguing with, swine.

If all living things and every atom from every star and planet were united at one point in time, then that point was God.

>i can start walking to you with steps of 2ft for step. In a finite amount of time I'll arrive in your location.

You can walk to me because there's a finite distance between us to be traversed. You either dumb or a troll.

>contradicts the laws of thermodynamics.
wrong.
>Actual infinities are impossible
explain god's power hue hue
>The fact that there is a collection of universes needs an explanation.
what?

Dont forget that our vast oceans were created from billions upon billions of ice asteroids hitting the planet.

that is literally god. if you ran a computer simulation with sapient beings that can change the layout of the simulation with enough work, how would you feel when all they did was jack off, have anal sex, and let non-sapient species take what their ancestors gave them? thats why the bible says degeneracy is bad.

Religion is a mental prison and you can have strong principles while not holding ancient retarded beliefs made by people who didn't know better.

Plus, the big bang theory was founded by a catholic priest

i tripped plenty, it just let me see religion and "spiritual experiences" for what they really are, delusions and psychosis