How come there isn't a maximum wage?

How come there isn't a maximum wage?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2014/10/03/there-are-more-self-made-billionaires-in-the-forbes-400-than-ever-before/#2f47c0b7e0a5
forbes.com/pictures/eggh45jef/highest-paid-bosses/#3e2aa00b7ef6
businessinsider.com/ceos-who-take-1-dollar-salary-or-less-2015-8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because

Because that'd dumb you big silly willy

you're

>1 post by this ID

Should a business, employing only 1 person also have a maximum wage?

How come we don't just round up leftist trash and execute them all?

We have laws restricting the amount of paid to the highest-paid employee to a certain times the amount paid the lowest-paid employee but I'm not sure what the multiplier is

Because capping someone's prosperity purely out of jealousy is dumb

Because capitalism.
You cant put a cap on capital accumulation in a capitalist system

If they think a CEOs job is that easy, why doesn't everyone become a CEO?

They dont have the connections

What's so difficult about making the necessary connections?

>You give them money by having more money in circulation

You dont know who the right connections are until you make them

Stock options

It makes sense to penalize ineffectiveness and encourage effectiveness, opposite isn't true.

>start ur own company
>become ceo

Izi as tht i think niggers just nig

> 88

Heil Hitler

>based slovenia
That is not bad at all, it encourages businesses to be more successful and compete in the market place.

Are you sure it's not a case of you just having no idea what goes into being a successful CEO? It's only natural for the inferior to resent the superior, so there's no shame in that, but it's important for you to recognize your shortcomings so that you may be a more likable person and more productive worker.

Horsey is cancer.

Yep im sure

Because, wages aren't what generate blown-out, unfair levels of wealth, and we WANT people to generate wealth for the most part.

The real issues facing our economy are market speculation in combination with globalist policies making the US job market compete with temporary slaveworkers in china.

>a small mom & pop business is the same as a billion dollar corporation
Strawman much

stfu that doesn't make ant sense! Do you even know what your are arguing for?

>not bad at all
I wish the economically illiterate would go back to redit.

>go lay off another thousand employees

How can you be so retarded is just beyond me.

No one is saying that!

>Has regressive laws which push successful, valuable people out of the country
>Is Slovenia
It checks out.

If one company is willing to pay someone $X and another is wiling to pay $X+Y, the person is likely to take the $X+Y offer assuming that the $Y is worth any inconveniences (health risks, costs of moving houses, etc.)
Being a CEO isn't easy. You need to be skilled at management and have a deep understanding of the industry in order to do it well. It's also a 24/7/365 job. The difference between a good and bad CEO is the difference between Google and Yahoo - potentially billions of dollars a year depending upon the size of the company. Paying someone who has the skillset to make the company succeed a few million a year to make sure they don't go work somewhere else is a pittance compared to the value they generate.

If one country imposes a maximum wage, CEOs and executives will leave to a country which doesn't, or otherwise secure their assets in a non-taxable way (paying CEOs $1/year but giving them other benefits). This not only deprives the country of tax money and successful people/companies, but it also ironically makes it much harder to measure regulate how much these people are paid because their assets are being shielded.

>people who create jobs and keep the economy running shouldnt be allowed to make a lot of money
really makes you think

In a free market?
Why would you improve anything when you earn maximum wage?

The problem is when those CEOs making a bazillion dollars aren't running their companies in America.

The amount of money they have is irrelevant, it's how they use it that's important.

So everyone who has the connections got them via sheer luck? Is this what poor, low IQ brownskins and commies actually believe?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>newfag
>>>>>>>>>>>>>bump
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shitpost

ooga
brough to you by this

Wait where do all those doges come from??

Goddammit it that Fuck in comic is so accurate I'm angry

mostly they got them from their birth status

Yes retard, if a business is only employing one person should it still have a maximum and minimum wage

You know this comics always piss me off.
CEOs work their asses off to get to prove to their board that their worth that 100 million. They manage and mitigate an entire corporation just make sure that their company is worth something.

>Why would you improve anything when you earn maximum wage?

competition. If you don't continue striving for success and innovating, others would eat your market share and you'd go out of business. If anything, a too high wage promotes stagnation, seeing as you'll have a nice, green safety blanket if you ever do go out of business.

How will he become richer without the employers?

Yeah cos (((the 1%))) is just a coincidence amirite

Why do you care?

Is this what communists actually believe or are you just shitposting?

do you mean wage or income? wage is what a laborer earns, income is what is derived from investments. you should learn to think more clearly. however, there is both a maximum wage and a maximum income, though neither are determined directly by government.

Because that's not how the market works, dumbfuck.

There is already a maximum wage. It's called taxes and profit.

not an argument, burgerboy

Then why do people complain about CEOs making more money?

In my version the woman's sign says "taxed enough already"

because some people covet what others have. it's called greed.

It was a question, moron.

Extremely wealthy businessmen generally make more money off of the stock market than their own salary anyways. And if they own a lot of stock in their own company then they've got an obvious incentive for it to succeed.

>Thinking that raising the minimum wage will magically solve the problem

People are so fucking stupid.

Not everyone is capable of being CEOs. Let the working class have some wealth too and let them make families and have homes.

>Forbes 2014: forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2014/10/03/there-are-more-self-made-billionaires-in-the-forbes-400-than-ever-before/#2f47c0b7e0a5

>Thus, the most encouraging results come from this year’s Forbes 400. For the first time in our data set, we see the number of self-made billionaires who rose from nothing, and overcame various tough obstacles, outpacing those that just sat on their fortunes. A total of 34 billionaires, or 8.5%, scored as 10s, or more than three times as many as in 1984. The number of 100% inherited fortunes as a percentage of the total fell to 7%, with 28 billionaires in the 1 category, compared to 99 back in 1984.

(1 = completely inherited their wealth;
10 = completely self made)

The biggest problem is where that money goes. If the money is given to some useless retard or foreigners that hate me so they can continue poluting the gene pool then there is no moral argument for me to continue paying taxes.

Maximum wage doesn't exist
It's called getting a raise.

So which one is it commies
Do you hate wages or profits?

no, they have to be greedy parasites on the workers hard working body. how else could the noble uneducated common hick have so little money?

Why do you care? You wouldn't get paid that much anyway, ever.

Adding a question mark to a baseless accusation and a retarded non-argument does not make it a question, Gonzales.

because stock options, capital gains, rental income

If a CEO arbitrarily fired workers, the company would not stay in business.

A company is not a means of welfare. It's a means of making money. If you want to keep your job and/or get a raise, be good at your job.

My shitty shop skills make the comic accurate

How retarded are you?

Not sure what you mean by "arbitrary". Companies routinely retrench workers, and usually the first thing a new ceo does is shuffle the workforce.

>this is how Americans argue

If there was a maximum income, would that not be on a national level? So your competitors would also only be able to make up to the maximum income allotted.

Increasing their market share does not increase their incomes any further (due to the imposed maximum) so why would they expend resources to out compete the guy making the same as they are?

In a free market it would not make sense to do so.
So when you say competition would be the reason why,
>why work harder for no increase
and that having a high wage promotes stagnation,
>free market promotes maximizing profits; having lots of money does not deter from that

these are statements that do not reflect a free market environment. So the question
>Is this what communists actually believe or are you just shitposting?

Would be appropriate in this case.

>1 post by this id
way to get slid faggots

Do you understand that there are other motivating factors than increasing income? How about the risk of decreasing income? The risk of losing your job? The risk of causing everyone working under you to lose their job and income?

>these are statements that do not reflect a free market environment. So the question
>>Is this what communists actually believe or are you just shitposting?

>Would be appropriate in this case.

Except it does not provide counterpoints, because the poster is so arrogant to think that he doesn't have to. But I have no patience to discuss how to behave like adults.

Because America doesn't have limits

I'll take that as a yes.

Not an argument, burgerboy.

Lots of the biggest CEOs receive $1 salary.

The multi-millions they make is bonuses and stock options.

[Citation Needed]

this is a lie

Check the Forbes lists.
It's really common.

What's fun is to compare CEO pay to entertainer pay.

Top CEO in 2015 got 131.2 million.
A lot.
Good enough for 4th place if he was on the entertainer list.

The 10th highest paid CEO in 2015 would come in about 47th on the entertainer list assuming you didn't add the other CEOs in.
He earned 40-something million.
Still a lot but less than Judge Judy.

>no sources

thanks for proving his point

>Forbes lists
How hard to google top ceo salaries
forbes.com/pictures/eggh45jef/highest-paid-bosses/#3e2aa00b7ef6

>be guy
>make connections
>use connections to help your children out
>"OMG THEY ONLY GOT SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE CONNECTIONS GIVEN TO THEM!"
This sort of shortsightedness is why you're a failure. Think more than a few years into the future. Do shit for your children you commie faggot. Think about other people for a fucking change.

He gave you a source, you stupid piece of shit, he just didn't give you a specific link. You're dumber and lazier than the URBANS I have to deal with at work every day. Fucking kill yourself.

Here you go you lazy fuck

businessinsider.com/ceos-who-take-1-dollar-salary-or-less-2015-8/

Because placing an upper limit on success is wrong.

Because when it comes to regular wages, half of that shit is going back to the state to pay for the gibs.

I don't need one desu

Better question, if I'm self-employed, should I have a maximum wage or not?

Seeing as they usually have full ownership of their own company, the self-employed generally pay themselves the bare minimum to keep it out the hands of the taxman.

Pretty good, but my advice is to make another sign that's tilted the other direction and says the same thing rather than mirroring it.