On Virtue ethics and un-ironic cancer

So Sup Forums explain this to me;

>Muh, western values are so superior. The history of our countries is that of virtue; strength integrity, industrious, individual liberty and reason. These are the things that define us.

>Muh, fucking niggers and mudslimes are literal niggers and mudslimes. Lul, I'm not even being ironic when I call them that. Oh, and did I mention that all women are total whores that are ruled by their emotions, I've literally never met a single woman that had an intellect comparable to a man's.

So Sup Forums explain this disparity. Why the fuck do I get the sense that there are actual irrational retards populating this board, and that their number is growing.

I've seen too much cognitive dissidence on this board lately, whereby one second people are advocating for the greatness and integrity of western civilisation and in the next breath are chimping out about un-ironically wanted to gas all the kikes or whatever. Wtf is this shit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnanimity

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen
youtube.com/watch?v=-qI3SngYvUg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americanization_(immigration)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

I've lurked on Sup Forums since 2012 at least. Fuck outta here.

Sorry, couldn't resist. The board is shittier than ever thanks to election in burgerland. I hope new 'members' will go away soon

>western men are better than everyone else
>everyone else is inferior to western men
Where's the contradiction at?

The contradiction is in espousing higher values and when it comes to having a discussion about putting them into practice it never fucking happens. It always descends from ironic retardation to literal storming chimp outs.

Y'know people could take the high road for a change, instead of always taking the low road.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate a good
nigger-Kek-kike said in jest as much as the next Sup Forumsack, I just don't get the people that actually think they are morally superior, and in the next instance claim to unironically want to gas all the nigger-kikes or whatever.

I think I understand what you are asking but I'm still not 100%, so bare with me as I try to answer you.
I see no contradiction in your greentexts. If you do believe in Western Civilization, why should not want to act to save it, and furthermore, why should one not despise those that despise the values that encompass civilization? If niggers and mudslimes act lazy and seek to act only to their holy book, and contribute nothing of value to the western countries they are in, then why should the values stop us from keeping our nations built on said values? As for the women, I've met many that are hardworking, and many that are just crazy. I do respect women, and I would respect any woman that can earn her place in any company. That being said, affirmative action and feminism are jokes that just lead to quotas and lowered productivity. Needless to say, neither of those are "western values."

There is only a contradiction if you consider that we should show compassion for those inferior to us instead of wanting to get rid of them. However, if those deemed inferior are also deemed a threat to the western values, then the contradiction becomes void.

I, personally, do not have this position, but I do not see a contradiction.

Feminism can pose a threat to the western values, but obviously not all women are in themselves a threat. I think that less than 20 % identify as feminists and among them I am pretty sure that a lot only use the dictionary definition of feminism, that is the simple idea of equity between the two sexes.

Islam poses a clear threat to western values, but not all muslims are in themsleves a threat. The problem lies with fundamentalist, but a very large chunk of the muslim population seems to be so. This is more concerning.

Black communities should get their shit together, but they are no threat for the western world. Showing them compassion didn't seem to help, though. It mostly allowed for BLM to happen and further segregation.

Although what you say makes sense, be careful about preaching Virtue ethics

Imposing values on others is what makes people intrinsically similar and therefore together. On the other hand, blatantly disregarding norms for virtue signalling is the kind of stuff Fate of Empires describes.

So although pol is wrong, the Greco-Romans would also argue that your position is wrong as well. Which was why the Greeks and Romans were assimilationist cultures, rather than the perverted thing that the West has become.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen

Experience talk by itself.

I agree with everything you said there. I'm not a feminist, nor am I an apologist for shit human beings of any sort. Christ that's the last thing I wanted to convey.

I'm asking about hypocrisy, and lack of nobility.

There are principals which are valued in the history of western political philosophy, things like honour, integrity, magnanimity, reason and strength - though, it seems that for some people on Sup Forums these things are immediately curtailed in a discussion the second some douche see's a daily mail article with a picture of another boat full of migrants.

Like I said, I don't mind causal ironic racist or bigoted statement, it's the literal ones that annoy me. Not because I'm butthurt for minorities, but because it denigrates our own culture.

almost all forms of escapism have been ruined

western white males are desensitized

they seek sensationalism, which comes out in shitposting and autistic uncontrolable emotions

many forms of escapism allowed for a release valve so men could be able to come to places like pol and be more serious, like adults

another part is there are many under 25 kids who have zero experience LOOKING to be brainwashed or just want to be edgy

its a sensationalist game for many, how we get those who are not on the other side yet already Ii do not know, but there comes a point where you just have not not try to help people who dont want to be helped, and communicating with them is a waste of time

so you leave them

Forgive me but I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you upset that there are people who are racist? That we can't discuss the values of strength, honor, and magnanimity? Or are you upset that Sup Forums has such a short attention span?

I understand what OP is saying, and it is this: rather than actually engaging in Western culture's positive aspects a la /lit/ or /his/ and proving its virtues by example, they spend all their time on a baser level, complaining about degenerate women as the reason they can't get a girlfriend, and immigrants for why they can't get employment or full-time employment, whatever applies.

How many threads in a day will you see about muh degenerate whores, muhslims, muh liberal media, and how many actually about applying Western values like in OP's pic?

The most I ever see regarding OP's picture is book recommendation threads, where everyone talks about the books they ought to read but never actually get around to (which is a problem with modern culture in general, yes, but I would anticipate that people trying to change Western culture for the better would be better about doing their homework).

Thanks for re-describing my sentiment. Yes, this is what I meant.

One of the greatest mistakes Globalism made was deconstructing intrinsic norms as a means of bringing people together. People in Rome looked very different but shared a common creed under the rule of the Emperor. That's one of, although definitely not the only, reason why you didn't have Race Riots break out like they do now.

Comparatively, the only thing people can unite with is extrinsic features, like genders or skin colors, creating a situation where the tower of Babel becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Each person votes based on their race against other races, creating a situation very similar to Yugoslavia. Then again, this is exactly what the Globalists have socially engineered, even if the outcome wasn't necessarily their intent.

People keep asking, "Why did Yugoslavia survive?" or "How did it keep working?" and the answer was Communism. As long as all the races believed in Communism and Tito, they wouldn't break off into their ethnic components. They were united under one intrinsic cause. The moment Communism and Tito failed to unite the people, things broke down rapidly.

By destroying values through Post-Modernism, what's left is just race-based politics that pol profits from. As long as voters vote because they are White, or Latino, or Black first, it's only a matter of time before the entire experiment kicks the bucket in America.

Putting intrinsic values back into society, however, has a cost of its own as well. Augustus and Alexander united the world at a heavy price, and Globalism exists to maintain Wealth, rather than Wealth being used to maintain Globalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qI3SngYvUg

>this quote

It menas that society should have these virtues but that when that is all that remains, your society is failing.

fucking love aristotle

Well at least there are a couple of occupants here that can actually have a discussion about the positive aspects of western culture, as opposed to just shitting all over the cultures of the wider world at the earliest possible convenience. Good job. At least that's possible, the thread wasn't a total fail.

This doesn't feel right though,

Christ........

>Hitler.....di.....d.....nothi....ng......wrong.

It's not that it's good to want them dead it's just that it's bad to want them to live

That means you're a newfag.

Sup Forums is not one person

This is stupid. Greek and Roman philosophers were not exactly shy in calling degenerate people degenerate.

Epictetus was harsher than most Sup Forumsacks and he was a superior philosopher to Marcus Aurelius.

Also, there is a strawman here. People complain about sluts because of their effect on civilization, not because of personal reasons.

Christ, when am I getting promoted to the rank of Pepe 1st class?

Can't be a newfag forever.

Also, Marcus Aurelius never wrote that.

It was more for the pic than anything.

>philosophers

Wouldn't exactly call Sup Forums philosophers. Philosophers have something positive and constructive to contribute, and I don't mean "constructive criticism" of muslims or feminists. People like Epictetus had something to say about a good life or good deeds, in addition to decrying the degeneracies and fallacies of the world (regardless of whether or not OP's pic is accurate).

Because like us the ancient greeks, considered women inferior and foreigners as uncivilized barbarians because they weren't greek (Western)

this is due to low-energy manchilds externalising their failures, and blaming whomever is not part of their in-group

While true, the effects of Aristotelianism was felt all the way to the medieval period and beyond through the scholastics. It's still exists today to a certain extent. Fuck it, I try to practice it.

Arete, or the pursuit of excellence as being the cornerstone of a well-lived life, that's a principal that many people adhere to in the present day. That's an Aristotelian virtue.

WELL Im an Oldfag Ive been here since November. You call this Intellectual discussion, kids this is REAL intellectual discussion

Your newfag Markus Owrelius aint got shit on Bertrand Russel. I've seen some real shit like Alan Watts and his LSD trips. You aren't nearly as redpilled as me.
You can't handle my controversy.

yeah becuase you cant compare europe and the usa.

the usa was FORMED BY INMIGRANTS YOU STUPID CUNT.

Yes, but it took tremendous work to take many cultures and make them into one culture, American. We've effectively stopped this process, partly because the tools for assimilation have been ruined, partly because the rate of immigration has been happening too quickly, and partly because there are some Democrats who outright WANT assimilation to fail.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americanization_(immigration)

Would it be acceptable, for instance, to compel a Mexican to take an Anglo last name? We used to do this all the time with our immigrants, and my last name is an example of this. Immigration in the 19th and 20th century is nothing like immigration of the 21st century, for whatever you reason you may believe it to be. (Behavioral Sink is the probably explanation however.)

As long as people identify as their race first, rather than our shared values in the Constitution, this nation is doomed to suffer under our current course.

That is, unless Trump manages to prevent the excesses of the Left from ruining the nation.

Kikes are a curse on western civilization

I've lurked on Sup Forums since 2011 at least. Fuck outta here.

Is it then according to Aristotle virtuous to marry a semi dece fatty? Not too pretty but not unappealing ?

There is a golden mean to everything. A woman too beautiful may be too difficult to maintain, for instance.

I'll take a fit woman with an ugly face to remain virtuous

Of course. That way she'll remain faithful and live longer.

It's just a play, Chili. It didn't actually happen.
You're not one of those civic nationalists I've heard about, are you?
Sup Forums is not 1 person. Much of what you see is just ironic shitposting anyways.
My advice to you: be the change you want to see in the world, user. Or maybe wait until the election bandwagonners get out.

It's "dissonance" you fucking moron.

Socrates said:
>my advice to you: marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

also pic related is largely to blame for most of the problems on Sup Forums

I'm making the case that Civic Nationalism, as it is, isn't happening, precisely because we are working very hard to make it not happen. Diversity for the sake of diversity is going to blow up in everyone's face, because American immigration wasn't founded on diversity but similarity. The Left is working tirelessly to Balkanize the US for their "Emerging Democratic Majority."

Exactly. This the kind of thinking that is lost from the Behavioral Sink. Saved.

Why?

"dissonance"...
There are all kinds of ppl on Sup Forums. Why are you surprised? Just because you read something you don't agree with doesn't mean you can't think for yourself and defend your ideas w/ sound logic and reason.

Bump.

reminder that you, too, can be bigger and better than you already are

civilization and a culture of virtue requires genocide.