Realistically Sup Forums what would the world be like today if Archduke Franz Ferdinand was never assassinated...

Realistically Sup Forums what would the world be like today if Archduke Franz Ferdinand was never assassinated? Just think about all the shit that might not ever have happened:

>no WW1, which crippled Germany and many other European powers
>subsequently no WW2 which furthered the damaged and made whiteness a taboo subject
>no Russian revolution as a consequence of WW1 so no Soviet Union and potentially no communism in the world

The list goes on, I can't see how anything positive came from this. It might have been the worst thing ever to happen to Western Civilisation. Am I wrong? Would the above points happened anyway? Would the present day not be any better?

>Autistic Serb

huehueeuhehuehe

There would have been no Nazi Germany for one, which only formed from the bullshit Versailles retributions and the Great Depression combining to fuck Weimar Germany up the ass and inspired the Nazi movement. Ottoman Empire would have probably collapsed on its own eventually. No clue really what would happen to Austria-Hungary, I think they would eventually split up anyways and maybe Germany annex Austria still. who knows

The situation in early 1900s Europe was a bit of a clusterfuck, and a war would have likely broken out at the slighest sign of aggression by any power.

That being said it probably wouldn't have escalated into what is became. For this reason I will always hate Serbia and Serbians for ruining the West

Do you say that there being no Nazi Germany is a bad thing?

That naval arms race wouldn't have disappeared without the assassination. Schlieffen plan wouldn't have been wiped from the collective memory of the German military. France wouldn't have stopped being bitter over the Franco-Prussian war and lost territory. The Balkans wouldn't have stopped being a thorn in the side of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Etc...

The world was on a collision course and everyone knew it. Most were looking forward to it. They cheered in the streets around the world while shipping the husbands and sons off to slaughter.

But yeah. WWI destroyed the future and that's why we live in nightmare land today. Agreed.

There would have been another false flag event to start the war. world would be the same.

Thank goodness, I kind of like the internet

they ruin everything

>Gavrillo Princip is the only reason WWI occured
wew

This. Everyone was excited for war because in the collective memory, war was still just a thing that nations engaged in. Correct me if I'm wrong but the largest Euro conflict before that was the Franco-Prussian war, which was fought with mostly muskets and single shot rifles.

It wasn't until the Great War that we realized technological advancement only makes warfare worse for everyone.

>tfw Euros actually thought machine guns would make war faster and more humane

Was there any way to avoid it or was it without a doubt inevitable? If not them would it have been better if the central powers had won?

The Serbs were jewish tools, but so were literally everyone back then and also today. Something else absolutely would have happened without him most certainly.

Of course, it is one of the most inspiring things in all of history, a country rising from ashes to conquer all of Europe. If I was changing timelines and knew they would lose no matter what however I would prefer them not to exist, as it gave the Jews ultimate control so that no one could ever challenge them, and it made eugenics taboo for god knows how many generations.

>That pic
>Autistic Serb is using a revolver

For shame

At no point did I state that he was the only cause. He was surely the key catalyst that brought about the outbreak after years of buildup though. It is possible that without him, the tensions could have settled or the war have been less devasting.

Europe was a powder keg at the time. WWI was inevitable.

I think without the assassination, a bunch of smaller wars would have broken out between the powers. Ottomans and Russia would probably have another go, for example.

But who knows? Everyone was really fucking eager to try out their new Maxim guns and artillery.

I essentially agree with you on this, however I suppose my point is that it would have been better if there was never any reason for Nazi Germany to have to exist. It would've been better if Imperial Germany had continued on.

I think the better question is what would have happened if Britain had stayed neutral?

I think about this all the time as well.
I consider it the point that doomed western civilization to descend to the point it's currently at.
Also it killed right wing men.
Right wing men are more likely to serve for their country, so were killed in mass numbers in both wars.
This caused multiple generations of boys to grow up fatherless and others to have weak men who wouldn't fight and broken fathers with their minds fucked from the wars.
It's terrible. It's why our world is so liberal, and why the family unit is all but destroyed:

A new world war would still arise over the middle east and north africa areas.

Russia and the Ottoman empire would end up losing and would be broken up amongst NATO, and the middle east would still be the place of constant strife it is today.

WWI was used as an excuse in many places to shut down leftist and anarchists. I think the left in general would be far stronger and state communists would be a weak minority.

Similarly I doubt fascism would've risen so strongly in Europe.

A F U C K I N G L E A F

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

L
E
A
F

I doubt any of this would happen and I doubt NATO would arise

These maxim guns and artillery really weren't used for the most part till a little into th war

>Franz Ferdinand never gets assassinated
>No WW1
>No WW1, no Treaty of Versaille
>No Treaty of Versaille, Hitler doesn't rise on the anger of the populus
>No Hitler, No WW2,
No WW2, no Cold War
>No Cold War, no Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Afghanistan etc.
>No Afghanistan, rise of Islamic Terrorism
>No rise of Islamic Terrorism, no 9/11
>No 9/11, no re-invasion of Afghanistan and invasion of Iraq
>No re-invasion of Afghanistan and invasion of Iraq, no refugee crisis
>No refugee crisis, no Rape of Europe
>The world is the most peaceful, technologically advanced, and pure it's ever been
>Millions of deaths prevented
>Life is great, at least in a general sense
The fact that the Serbians couldn't keep their dicks in their pants single-handedly ruined the world. Jesus christ.

We can make all kinds of pretend if we want. Who knows? A semi-popular theory is that it would have been better for Europe on the whole if France lost at the Marne and Germany knocked them out quick and won the war. Maybe Germany just gains some power and prestige and takes a leadership roll among the continental powers. Instead of a war of attrition in which civilizations collapsed. But its just conjecture.

Does this trigger you, emu boy?

G A L L I P O L I

A
L
L
I
P
O
L
I

The same, the Jews were hellbent on sending Europe to war.

Interesting point about the leftists, but wouldn't the mass slaughter of right-wing men and the toppling of right-wing governments have counteracted the suppression of the left? Surely if they'd survived then leftists would never have gained the hold on Europe that they have today.

Shut down your proxy!
Only Brazillians master race can HUEHUEHUEHUE

This.

>muskets
they were breech loading

A NATO-esque alliance would still arise due to the inevitable industrial and financial partnership between the US and America.

The middle east and north africa areas have been contested territory for many centuries, it didn't all start in the 20th century.

Without the bolshevisks and state communists backstabbing and sabotaging the anti-authoritarian left the Russian and later Spanish revolutionary scenes would've been much different.

I often wonder what the world would be like now if someone was to travel back in time and kill Meyer Amschel Rothschild (1744)

That's why i said single shot rifles directly after...

oh look there you go i just covered the Henry Martini and all that other shit, there was really no need to be an autistic nitpicker at all now was there?

So what? Do you think they would have been able to have gained the same kind of institutional power without the creation of the Frankfurt school after WW1 and being able to use Nazi Germany as an excuse to never receive any criticism for decades after?

In our eyes that was a feud between us and Austro-Hungary. The conflict between our 2 countries was inevitable.
Austro-Hungary was just waiting for an opportunity to declare war on us and we were waiting for an opportunity to shaft them.
It was a matter of princip(les).

If our country was stronger we would have shot Beiden as well.

A WWI would have come about, there was plan for that to happen, simply because the Archduke didn't die then doesn't mean he wouldn't have or someone else in his place. The countries were itching for war, far more of the stage has to be rolled back for this concept to have any meaning. There were factions behind the scenes to plunge Europe in to war long before the Archduke was shot.

I know its complicated familia but you still accelerated the downfall of western civilization

>no medical advancements developed from the field hospitals treating that many soldiers
>no advancements of aircraft design
>no advancement of weapons
>no advancement of military tactics
And face it - even if Germany established the greater Prussian empire they would have found a way to have fucked all of Europe up further down the line. Its in their natur

Good point, this is always relevant

The Jews had been planning for WW 1, would have happened anyway. See there Hertzel address in basel to the first zionist congress, 1897.

ITT: Wild speculations that are impossible to support, but good for assorted arguments, nationalism, and bants. Have fun, lads.

The Balkan Peninsula wasn't the only tinder box in the first half of the 20th century, so I think we'd have had at least one world war by now, regardless of Serb assassins. What that war may have consisted of or looked like is never to be known in our timeline.

>Was there any way to avoid it or was it without a doubt inevitable?

every country had a fairly air tight alliances with some other country in the region, which guaranteed that if one country attacked another, defense treaties would bring in others.

WW1 should have been a war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia only, but Russia decided to honor its vow to protect the Serbs. Russia attacked Germany, knowing they were going to eventually come in to assist Austria-Hungary and the snow ball kept rolling from there.

So, it probably would have happened some how. some way, in the next decade or two. Like others have posted, it seemed like Europe was itching to play with industrialized machines of war, and the death toll went far higher than anyone imagined

The people who assasinated frantz fernedand were a bunch of incompotent pussies in a terrorist group the one who did him in was literally dying and just wanted to be remembered. Principle my asshole

>USSR never rises
>Marxist-Leninist subversion never infects the US
>the US never becomes cucked beyond belief between 1950-2016
>Trump never rises to power, fueled by the final tattered remnants of a nation that was once Great
>The US never invades Space and colonizes the universe, spreading humanity's version of greatness throughout the heavens and beyond, into other timelines
>you won't get to watch this from under a blanket after Trump's administration invents immortality

Thank god he did OP. Thank god he did.

Maybe, but the current globalist attack on Europe could still conceivably have developed as industrialists and bankers would still be seeking the cheapest labor and the most political control.

The difference might be in the rhetoric used to justify it.

What about if say the Russian revolution happened anyway without the need for WW1, just hypothetically. Would that have broken the chain of causation and kept the war between just Serbia and Austro-Hungaria?

czechkd

You're retarded mate. Everyone fought in WW1.

It was and always will be the fault of the German people.

Fuck you. Slavs bled in that war!
Russians had it the worst. They got out with communism and half their male population dead.
He was a Yugoslav nationalist and an ideologist.

Most likely. Remember when the October revolution happened, Russia immediately sued for peace with the central powers. They spent 1917-1922 isolated and "fixing" their country with gommunism before really getting back onto the world stage.

If they had the revolution even without WW1, I very much doubt they would have acted any different.

I don't know. Perhaps if Russia were dealing with a revolution those in power would not have had the time or resources to help Serbia.

Serbia was under A/H control and had no other allies in the region. So I'd imagine they would have been stuck that way bc A/H I assume would not have much trouble putting down a rebellion.

holy shit you are so poorly educated that you actually think that that is why WW1 happened.. It was long in the making you retard

>It was long in the making
Elaborate.

I'm aware of this and I at no point stated that this was the only reason for WW1 but ultimately it was the catalyst for the outbreak as it happened.

I'm not using this to hate on Serbs or suggest that it's Serbia's fault.

There is no possible way for it to have not occurred in our timeline.

Our original timeline was one where the Archduke hadn't been eliminated and the entire course of history was drenched with peace and prosperity, yes, there was a substantial amount of tensions but those subsided with the early founding of the technology that took us years to perfect let alone invent. (Technology that was invented because of different events that occurred in our current timeline were never created there, some were, but most were not)

Because of some fuck up that had occurred some forty-five years from now in the original timeline, The Black Hand was revisited with the time-traveling technology that was invented many years ahead of time. The original leadership was snuffed out along with key members that were later replaced with the pawns and the infamous Gavrilo Princip.

IT was almost a failure, but unfortunately they had pulled through. The technology used to travel into the past has been destroyed during the last course of events that occurred and the only ones who know have been kidnapped or told to stay quiet about it, I'm not a very quiet man as you can tell, soon I will be though, and it is up to you if you want to relay this information or not.

Just the fact that the assassination ended up happening the way it did after the bungled first attempt is enough to make one believe in fate.

Wouldnt be much different
It's in Germanic blood to ruin Western civiliation

God fucking damnit Serbia.

Nice troll. That's actually hilarious.

ww1 was planned and in motion, that was the catalyst - but if it did not occur ww1 would start for some other reason.

I keep reading this but nobody really elaborates. What would have been the ultimate catalyst to start the war if not for Princip?

the german commander actually thought the Gallipoli landing was a ruse and that the actual invasion would be further up the coast rather then Dardanelles, as only an idiot would try to establish a beachhead on the cliffs and rocky terrain of that area, a smarter tactician would have landed further up and cut off all those behind.

Infact the allies could have beaten turkey with minimal casualties if they have launched their invasion at the alexandretta basin, near allepo, thus cutting off turkey's access to 1/3 its manpower and most of its oil supplies whilst also spurring an early arab revolt

Our history teacher actually did an analysis of the rout that the archduke was taking, pointing out that it made the assassination easier. There were multiple routs the archduke could have taken but they opted for the least safe one.
There is a notion in these parts that the duke was just a lamb being led to the slaughter.
Austro-Hungary would have fabricated something or some kid would have been shot by a soldier or something.
There was strong anti Austrian sentiment in those parts.

you could sit around all day and think of reasons.

maybe Germany uses a Russian revolution to go in and steal some land. Maybe local skirmishes over colonial lands in Africa or the middle east escalate unexpectedly. Prior to the set borders due to nationstates and the UN we have today, empires and these fledgling republics held grudges about losing land and wanting to take or retake territory.

Some other damned foolish thing in the Balkans.

some sort of global war was inevitable at that point
honestly though, who knows what the sides would have been had it been a different event that sparked it

Hello Otto

Yeah it was genuinely just a horrible campaign, a lot of Newfoundlanders died during it too. Probably one of the worst and most pointless parts of the war from the British Empire POV

What share in common WWI and Napoleonic Wars? An eternal anglo to ruin everything.

However i'm happy to see the first thread about history without Battlefield 1 and WE WUZ references in the first posts.

someone screencap this

Done, but why?

Not that well known with WWI history but why didn't the Germans just leave the Austrians to their own devices, what was there to gain for them? Seems so illogical to chimp out completely attack through Belgium and get France and Britain involved in what otherwise would have been a conflict between Austria and Russia.

Hello Dijaspora.

Anything out of hundreds of possibilities.

But it is not how did it happen and the cause, although it is important, but why did it happen and what was the goal.

On a grand scale, dwell into conspiracy thinking - goal is total control of the nations and planet resources, by whoever is behind the goal of total control. After great war as was ww1, we did get international/multinational institutions, and after ww2 as well.

War by war by war, and as more bloody as possible, will sooner or later smash the will of mankind after seeing such horrors, that people will surrender and unify or bend under anything that offers peace.

In this case we talk about europe, and peace in europe has not existed for thousand or so years, battle hardened nations for most part. Short patches of peace 20-50 years in span, few lucky generations avoided it. So they needed as fucked up war as possible, and whoever they are, they made sure that local conflict escalates into world war. WW2 was rinse and repeat.

We are still awaiting for ww3 since there is no total control of the planet, right?

And watching the news we can see forces are at work trying as best as they can to get Usa Vs Russia to go off and fuck us common folk in the process.

I do not think for a second, that in arena of international politics and even domestic, anything happens by chance.

They planning horrors for us while we work, fuck, eat and go to sleep, day after day.

ww1 would've happened anyway, only the battlelines might have been drawn differently

I don't know about you guys, but without a WW2 me and many other germans would most likely never been born.
But by looking at todays germany this might not be the worst possible outcome.

Germans felt a very strong need to honour their alliance with Austria-Hungary, meanwhile Britain and France had to fight on the side of Russia because of their own pact. Nobody really had anything at all to gain from going to war, but they didn't want to appear weak or cowardly by contradicting their international agreements.

War was gonna happen anyways, Serbia was too large a threat to the crumbling Austro-Hungarian Empire, it was basically unavoidable with the Hapsburg's autism and outdated imperial ambitions. Fuck the Hapsburgs, they managed to bone Germany one last time before going to hell.

Yeah well UK got involved because Germany attacked through Belgium. If the Germans don't do that what are the French gonna do? Attack Italy to get to Austria to honor their alliance or attack Germany and get blown to pieces at the Rhine.