Why does California only have 55 electoral votes? Furthermore...

Why does California only have 55 electoral votes? Furthermore, why does the electoral votes of CA weight the same as those of some shithole like North Dakota?

We literally have a stronger economy than RUSSIA.
We literally have a higher population than CANADA.

We alone BTFO 2 of the largest nations on Earth.

And yet our electoral votes are worth the same as some backwater shithole like Oklahoma.

This is pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Become your own country then.

it's called state sovereignty

That's the most retarded thing ever. Go tell that to Texas. Oh, wait, they already tried like 20 times.

desu you're not good for much, CA.

You'd all die immediately if your water supply received from outside states were to be cut off.

You would think that. If all the other shithole states would stop draining our state budget, we would have developed desalinization technology ages ago.

FPBP

Fuck off then if you can't handle it. And give back Jefferson.

Bangladesh has a big population too. Lets give them a seat on the security council and let them decide immigration policy for everyone else

A better question is why does it have any?

>tfw 1/4 of clintons electoral votes were from cuckifornia

desalinization plants would hurt the environment though. you only have a water shortage because using what you need would endanger the habitat of a species of smelt

DAY OF THE QUAKE WHEN?

more fires in store for you guys during 2017

>Why does California only have 55 electoral votes?

To stop one putrid, degenerate state filled with illegal foreigners from taking over the whole country.

sounds like a good argument for you to leave

Implying California contributes anything to America beyond retarded liberals and an endless REEEEEEEE.

We at least were somewhat successful. You guys dont even have enough water.

California should join Canada, Americans are ungrateful towards you.

Canada + California = superpower within the next 20 years

they will be joining mexico soon

Keep your fucking hippie faggots in your own state instead of having them invade us and fuck us up like they fucked up their own state.

t. Texas

>If all the other shithole states would stop draining our state budget
no, you nigger, if california would stop spending money on stupid shit, be fiscally responsible, and support commerce and the economy we wouldn't be in the shit we're in today. giving money to the californian gov't is worse than throwing it away. they always manage to owe more money every time they spend money to "fix" things

Imagine this:
Your democratic country is in a terrible economic downturn, and you primarily eat bread. 56% of your population lives in manufacturing centered urban areas, while 44% lives in agricultural rural areaa. Because the prices of bread are so high, a vote is held to fix the price of bread at a low value. This passes because of an urban majority. Instead of helping makw bread more available, this puts farmers out of business and everyone starves. In short, the tyranny of the majority can become a problem in an economically/socially diverse nation.

gas yourself commiefornia

You know where the Sup Forums servers are located, right?

>And yet our electoral votes are worth the same as some backwater shithole like Oklahoma.

Less, user, they're actually worth less. It's a good thing.

Maybe you should leave -- we don't need your almonds. Which are delicious, by the way, thanks again for dying of thirst to make them!

0/10 bait harder

>North Dakota is a shit hole

Enjoy living with liberals, degeneracy, high cost of living , high taxes, and no gun rights

North Dakota is real America, enjoy paying a lot for a shack

Without oil from North Dakota, Californians couldn't drive their Priuses to Whole Foods.

maybe you guys should just form your own nation?
then you can have your way all the time

Why is Sup Forums so quick to dismiss the most populated state so completely as a mexican/liberal shithole?

Am I just supposed to keep it on the downlow that I live in the abject luxury part of CA and I can't let outsiders know how good it is?

Because the US is a huge collection of different states and viewpoints, and desires, and economic regions.

Majority rule works in small countries, because everybody knows each-other, the land, and the economy.

When you have a huge-ass country like the US though, people live their entire lives without ever coming into contact with the same culture or economic system as other member states. For that reason, you can't truly know what's best for them. Majority rule becomes less meaningful.

Ponder on that, Calicuck.

>Only 55 Electoral votes
>Only

>backwater shithole like Oklahoma.
>water
You jealous?

Clearly you don't LOL.

Of all the uneducated leafs to post you had to be the one.

Shouldn't you be watching SNL for your news?

Don't worry, Hillary will win any moment now, we just need to keep donating to Jill Stein's recount!

jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount

The Electoral College should have a 20 Elector limit.

Hey, atleast the Oklahoma has water. LMAO

our constitution was designed with the knowledge that city-people are sophisticated and technical, but gullible, toxic, and weak.

therefore, the electoral system is designed in such a way that people who don't live in cities have more valuable votes than people who live in cities

also they can't produce food for themselves lol

California is not the United States. Those shit hole states provide most of the energy, food, and resources so you can enjoy you big city lifestyle and green farms.

If they did, they'd already be close, if not over, a trillion dollars in debt on the spot.

I have a place in OC too. It's nice there and an oddly kept secret.

california has so many people because its loaded to the brim with asians and mexicans. it cant even produce enough water for itself at this point.

do you guys remember when california had 15 million people, 95% of them White?

Me neither, but I bet it was nice.

>and I can't let outsiders know how good it is?

Enjoy having your shithole overrun by liberal mexicans.

Detroit was 'abject luxury' too, once.

Secede you cucks

In to the sea with you.

Read a book, idiot.

You have 55 and OK has 7.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Do you lack basic motor skills?

Also, your shit state spends as much as it makes, is filled to the brim with obedient shitskins, and has a government similar to best korea. Not to mention you're drier than the fucking sahara and would be fucking dead right now if it weren't for the rest of the US dragging your sorry ass along with it.

One thing liberal disney land doesnt have is water, another is natural gas

So other states get a say. You can say the same thing about texas and CT.

you know, the water-table capacity of a region would be a decent objective basis for a regions maximum population.

>Why does California only have 55 electoral votes? Furthermore, why does the electoral votes of CA weight the same as those of some shithole like North Dakota?

I take it math was not your best subject.

I mean, integers are usually compared to other integers by their size. When you want to increase the inherent value of a number, you typically...make it larger.

A GDP that huge and you still spend so fucking much your cities keep going bankrupt

Then leave. Good luck fighting a revolution faggots. You've effectively banned civilian ownership of firearms, how are you going to do it, bongs and dildo's? As a native Californian, and an American, I will gladly answer my country's call when you faggots rebel. I will squeal with glee when you hippies are reduced to fertilizer by Apache helicopters. I will welcome the federal troops with open arms and join their ranks to eradicate your kind.

-Sincerely,
Every Trump voter in this God forsaken State.

Also the electoral votes are stacked in your favor anyway so get over it. You guys just lost because you chose a shity candidate because muh vagina. If the DNC chose Bernie you would have had a better chance.

Yesss... good heeb, you should secede

don't tell them that, we want those fuckers to leave
it's called making america great again

>not planting a victory garden in your backyard
geez, it's almost like you want the central powers to win, canada

I would love for someone in colorado to cut off all water supply downstream. Goodbye California, goodbye northern Mexico.

Why the fuck do you think California is so big and rich? Do you think it was because you started out with LA and Orange County and were so successful you leveled up?

California is California by an accident of geography. Some American and Mexican map makers and generals, over the course of several wars, marked the area "We don't give a shit what happens over here." And nobody bothered to further carve it up, until oops, it's not a square flyover state anymore.

Stop comparing California to California and compare it to a comparable chunk of the eastern seaboard. That's all California is: the coast they forgot to draw lines through. If you want a normal civic life, split up your fucking state.

All states should have equal representation
The House of Representatives was a mistake that killed federalism

>we wuz electors
and you still don't have any water. Cut the shit until you can actually feed and water your people.

but user, the confederacy had a right to succession, you're not some tinpot dictator like Lincoln are you?

>We literally have a stronger economy than RUSSIA.
>We literally have a higher population than CANADA.

>tfw silicon valley
>tfw elon
>tfw some of the best universities in the world. Stanford, Caltech, Berkeley.
>tfw all movies are made in California
>tfw excellent mexican food
>tfw compared to california, your redneck state is an embarrassment to the country compared to Califonaey.

Seriously, why are you cucks so butthurt over the fact that California is vastly superior to most places on Earth, and especially wipes the floor with most of the fucking idiot res states?

Fuck, when you're driving a tesla on mars in 2030, you probably will still be talkinf about ben gazzi and pizzagate like the uneducated redneck retards you are.

Goddamn pol why do u have to be so dumb holy shit

>ONLY 55 electoral votes

Lol, our state is in fiscal surplus
Opinion discarded

Im a californian and I support #CalExit

>A FUCKING BEAR

This,desu, Hamilton was the only one who knew what he was doing.

Low quality bait

because if it wasn't for that you californian faggots who choose every president.

People and companies are feeling californina for its wellfare state which has destroyed the region. LA continues to be an unnatural carbuncle on the state's ecosystem, consuming everything, becoming a leading cause in the ongoing drought and dust storms.

The state is dead. Its an entire state of detroit 2.0

>North Dakota
> shithole
K

illegals don't count

>fiscal surplus
>we're not going to be adding as much debt as usual
fuck off retard

Desalination already exists
What do you mean develop the technology

The only thing usable from California is software, you'd be dead in 3 weeks without other states
Who cares if you have a bloated population of Mexican-Niggers

>This is pathetic

I agree, Cali is great and you should leave the united states.

Fuck the USA, go be great on your own.

> Silicon Valley
nerds with shitty start ups conning investors
>elon
Balding man girl friendless eccentric loser
>best universites
Racist as shit to Asians and Whites shitty cultural classes easy to pass
>movies
Lol have you heard nobody goes and sees those shit things anymore
>mexican food
what rice beans meat and hot sauce oh yum so legendary
I live in this so called golden state and it is shit. the middle sucks the wealth out of every other part. The wealth gap is extraordinarily bad. rich elites rule over the poor here. while dumb illegals run around like they own this place. This states sucks ass. is hot dry as fuck. the people here are fake as fuck. If i could drag the whole state to the bottom of the ocean whilst killing myself i would and the world would be a better place without us

Red staters need to pipe down. Your low IQ, lack of education and employment prospects aren't impressing anybody.

Maybe you should look at cali as an example to follow.

Or you know, feel free to wait and be automated out of existence.

Your shitty attitude about the rest of the country is the exact reason why.

the whole country doesnt value the same things

cali yuppies think the concept of bumpkins whining about their jobs is quaint, but its something that really matters to a large portion of the country.

>muh rooftop garden

Pic related - only reason to ever be in California, some decent nature spots

because California just needs a couple of pipes cut an no water.

>Blames everyone else for their failure
Sounds like Commiefornia to me

because each state is guaranteed at least 3 electoral votes.

you have 538 electors for 318,000,000 people, or 590000 people per elector.

Wyoming has 580000 people. 3 votes

california has 38000000 people 55 votes

Red state retards need to start taking responsibility for their failures rather than looking for government handouts. Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. Kind of like California

I don't think they anticipated states getting that fucking big and populated.

>If i could drag the whole state to the bottom of the ocean whilst killing myself i would and the world would be a better place without us

Is everything ok,friendo? That rant took a dark turn.

Only reason California is blue are all the illegal immigrants and fags/hippies

>only reason to ever be in California
if you're an illegal immigrant, you have another reason

We should give California back to Mexico so it could turn into a 3rd world shithole with a year

Why are you a shit liberal leach
Stay in your sanctuary state and rot

maybe something called a job too u bitch ass leaf

thats really easy to say when cali has so many geographical advantages that it rivals other countries economies

Lel. Try Colorado or Alaska for nature spots, bud.

>southern states with a lot of black people have low IQ and high poverty
>LMAO DUMB RED STATES FUCKING POOR DUMB SOUTHERNERS

that's some third world excuses right there
I would assume there's going to be some sort of electoral college expansion to deal with representation issues but who knows.

CA is an economic black hole. They take more money in federal subsidies than they pay in federal taxes.

a mestizo wasteland ruled over by jews and the most insufferable of white liberals

t. californian

You have as many votes as the number of senators plus the number of representatives from your state (Washington DC can only have as many electoral votes as the lowest state).
Every state has equal representation in the senate, so every state has 2 senators.
The house of representatives is based solely on population, with a minimum of 1. California has about 12% of the population so it has about 12% of the seats in the house.
Every 10 years the house is redistributed based on population based on the census.

Your state isn't being cheated. It's a system explicitly designed to take power away from the large population centers.
Every state is equally important, yours isn't any more or less special than any other. The people in Los Angeles face a different set of problems to the people in Wyoming or Nebraska or Arkansas or New York. You don't get to dictate to the rest of the country how they should fix their problems, just like they don't get to dictate to you how you deal with your problems.

The electoral college is designed so that in order to win you have to appeal to a variety of Americans from different walks of life. You can't appeal just to Californians, and states that Californians have infected. You can't just appeal to the South or to New England or the Rust Belt or the Midwest. You have to appeal to more different Americans than your candidate.

>But I don't live in a swing state so my vote doesn't matter
It still does. You don't know if your state will become the next Ohio or North Carolina or not. Wisconsin or PA or Michigan weren't considered swing states. Prior to 2000 West Virginia was considered reliably blue, but it flipped and won Bush the election. Prior to 1992 California was considered a safe red state.
It's important to vote because if another Texan Democrats or Californian Republicans get motivated to vote, then they could start the trend that turns their state blue/red.