Trump cancels air force one

>$4Billion
>One jet
>based on a platform that's 40 years old
>On a revision model thats almost 10 years old
>On a jet that gets sold for less then $400million
The Airforce buying this new 747 is the equivalent to buying a luxury car from 2007 for twice the showroom price it came out for, and paying a mechanic to give it standards that exceed the current model of that car, in makes no sense. Not to mention Boeing is in the process of phasing out the 747, its expensive on parts and maintenance, right out the get-go.

The 747 for the president is just impractical as well because it needs huge runways and huge amounts of fuel, limiting its landing capabilities to none but the largest of airports.

I mean, Boeing was paid $3 Billion for C17A Globemaster III, and thats for 15 of them. Even the B-2 Spirit is only 2.2 Billion.

In my opinion, the new 777-10X is a much better choice. It holds just as many people, can carry almost as much weight, and has a superior service range. With it being a brand new model as well, upkeep costs can be kept down longer as well.

All in all, Trump cancelling the 747 was not only a good idea financially, but also policy wise as well as it sends a strong message to military contractors that grossly overpriced goods will no longer be tolerated.

nytimes.com/2016/12/06/us/politics/trump-air-force-one-boeing.html

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/articles/new-warships-big-guns-have-no-bullets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice

I think this is a financially reasonable proposal. (NO SCHLOMO)

The Presidential Airlift group is so bloated. I'm hoping he can cut that down too.

>two VC-25s (one of them AF1)
>five C-5 Galaxies (carry the motorcade)
>god knows how many refuelling tankers

>$4Billion
>One jet

100% wrong. Thanks for trying.

>no source
dropped

Can't stump the trump. 4 bahjillion dollars for a useless 747, not even prez and already whipping people into shape

>100% wrong. Thanks for trying.

This is pretty much all I've heard out of liberals regarding this story. They're just blubbering morons at this point who feel the need to flood every comments section with different variations of the same smug, useless crap. Sad.

>comments section

That feel when this place is just a comments session no greater than then comments on youtube

The article in the OP says two jets, which isn't unreasonable at all when you consider that the current AF1 planes costed 1.5 billion each (adjusted for inflation). So the newer planes are 1/3 more expensive. If you think that's outrageous, then you need some perspective on how much the price of planes in general has grown over the years. Compare the price of a Hornet to a Super Hornet.

>Impying I'm a liberal

WRONG. I'm a #cruz-missile. I voted for Trump to keep Hillary out of office but I'm still convinced that Ted Cruz was the guy who should have won.

Go back to Canada and take Cruz and his Goldman Sachs shill wife with you, slag.

>trump cancels air force one

After receiving reports of strange activity around the hangar, and a tete-a-tete with Nige where they shared flying anecdotes.

my last captcha

wtf illuminati

>777-10X
>2 engines

Listen to this guy everybody

>plane gets used by black man for 8 years
>cancels it
explain this racism badoompkins

enough, I'm done

No. America needs a REAL conservative in office. Trump is okay, but he still is making buffoonish mistakes and this story is no exception. Trump literally decided to attack Boeing, an American company, FOR NO REASON AT ALL. That's not professional behavior.

>sends a strong message to military contractors that grossly overpriced goods will no longer be tolerated

defensenews.com/articles/new-warships-big-guns-have-no-bullets

I hope they get the message burgerbros

>No. America needs a REAL conservative in office.
America needs a REAL American first and foremost, leafslag.
Boeing has been attacking America with price gouging for decades.

Trump didn't do shit. The Republican establishment in charge won't cancel it.

>2 planes
>functional operating room with medical staff
>capable of flying just fine through irradiated airspace
>sattelite communications to anywhere in the world at all times
>equipment to withstand EMP attacks
>chaff anti-air countermeasures
>3 levels with full kitchen
>even more shit still classified

Yeah no its a complete fuckin waste of money to spend when the proposal is to spend 4 billion on 2 planes, because it might be more expensive over the next 10 years maintaining and upgrading the current planes.

Also, its known that Boeing is struggling ot sell large 747's anymore now that there are 2 competitors selling a better jumbo jet at a lower price.

Podesta retreated to Canada confirmed

>Boeing has been attacking America with price gouging for decades

Boeing produces many aircraft that our armed forces depend on from the F-18 Super Hornet, to the P-8 Poseidon, to the AH-64 Apache helicopter. What the fuck makes you think that you know better than them what things should cost?

>>>/facebook/

Something everyone is neglecting is that with government contracts, Boeing doesn't retain audit rights. They literally can't turn down the money the government gives them for these programs. The problem is with the government here, and I'm sure there's kickbacks and stuff going on as usual with subcontractors and such. Trump is sending a message to everyone by doing this

>linking to nyt
kys

>In my opinion, the new 777-10X is a much better choice.
Supposedly they need something as massive as the 747 for all the clerical bullshit that follows the whitehouse staff around.
Seems to me they need to focus on downsizing what they carry on air force one before they try buying a new one.
A modern administration should be able to run out of a private jet.

I look at Executive Bonuses.

There is no problem.

>liberals say we need to cut back on the bloated military-industrial complex for years (obama doesn't do shit like that though he just launches new wars in the ME)
>Trump picks up his steak knife and slices away 4 billion dollars by cancelling just another bloated blank check contract with Boeing to do some stupid shit they were probably going to add some new seating for the Press Corps in at $100,000 per cushion
>"OMFG DRUMPF IS ENDANGERING THE PLANET BY DOING THAT IMPEACH HIM"

Lmao do these people think they live in a Sci Fi novel. It's the fucking president, why would he need to fly into a nuclear bomb?

Bernie plz leave.

>posting a legit point against Trump

This will go well with reddit still here

I guess we can agree to disagree, but over $2bn in r&d sunk into an existing, established airframe seems incredibly wasteful. Not even counting the cost of the planes themselves

Because during a nuclear war, AF1 would become the command center for the entire US armed forces.

The God Emperor doesn't need fancy aircraft to keep himself alive.

even with a custom interior and the best security/communications package possible, how the fuck is it over a billion dollars?

>urrent AF1 planes costed 1.5 billion each (adjusted for inflation).
>implying even that is acceptable
The same shit could be bought by the private sector for a fraction of the cost but, like usual, since it's for government the price suddenly skyrockets.

because being in the air is safer then being underground?

Why? That's fucking retarded. What are they going to do when they run out of fuel and every runway in the country is on fire

Considering nuclear weapons can penetrate the deepest underground bunkers nowadays, yeah.

I have produced many shitposts that our hate machine depends on.
What the fuck makes you think that you know better than me when I should leave?

Most powerful person in the world, should probably have some shit to keep him safe. So in usual military fashion, they over-build and over-prepare like a motherfucker.

Huh? Its in agreement with Trump, either lower the price on Boeings products, or we'll keep what we have.

If it results in a functional aircraft that keeps the president alive then it is worth it.

Yes, exactly right. If somebody is trying to kill you with nukes, you have to be a moving target to stay alive. Air Force One is designed to survive the shockwave of a nuclear blast and also the electronics are hardened to survive the EMP which would accompany a nuclear blast.

>what is aerial refueling

in this case there is nothing left to command. you said it yourself, all the bunkers are gone and everything is irradiated. so airforce one is just there to party until the fuel runs out?

Nuclear fallout drops back down to the earth and gets trapped in the topsoil, it doesn't go up, as long as its well after the initial blast, yes, you are better being above the nuclear storm clouds than on the ground covered in and breathing radioactive particles.

Why? You can elect another president. You can't tell me that the Presidents death would be so crippling to the government and armed forces that it's worth spending billions of dollars protecting him.

Because in this case, the government has demanded certain requirements that no commercial airline would ever go for. No commercial airliner needs to have EMP shielding. Air Force One needs EMP shielding.

This isn't just about one plane. It's about how Boeing has been starting to move their plants to China.

Of course it costs money, it has all sorts of technology you just can't find off the fugging shelf.

Where can you go and buy an off-the-shelf airliner with infrared missile countermeasures like these?

>not in service until 2024
>8 years to build a plane
it was Finland tier

So every refuelling plane also can fly into nukes?

Cammander in chief dies, just toss a new one in there eh? Have you not been following the most recent election?

If theres a full on war going on, not many people are going to debate, campaign, then reasonably get voted in.

>B-B-BUT MUH NEW TECHNOLOGY
>MUH ADVANCED COUNTERMEASURES
It shouldn't cost 4 billion dollars to outfit 2 planes that cost about 350 million each. I bet the military is doing their standard bullshit where they run it through a billion subcontractors to make a friend rich. Surely there is a more efficient system for the government to buy shit than this.

Siqq reading comprehension, retard.
>The same shit could be bought by the private sector for a fraction of the cost
If I want a pen I'll buy one for a dollar.
If the government wants a pen they'll pay $10 million to start a Pen Committee, spend $100 million on research and development, $50 million on tax breaks for competing companies and then $30 on the pen itself because they don't bother checking prices when it's not their money in the first place.

Really don't like this idea. Who cares if it costs $4 billion? that's basically chump change. You can't have the mussies trying to chase president trump on his aircraft

So you don't actually know shit but there "must be"

???? Surely????

Where is your actual solution?

From all the info I've seen bandied about so far, I am coming to the impression that this is a fairly complex issue with Boeing's ties to the Iraq deal, China policy, TPP, and Boeing's CEO criticizing Trump in the Chicago Tribune this morning, that Trump has concluded that under his administration, Boeing is a rogue company. The stock hit they took today was a pretty striking display of Trump's power, in case Boeing had any doubts.

There's a new sheriff in town.

america is rural enough that all the missiles in the USSR would only take out 1/3rd of the country, maybe half the population, if they magically all landed perfectly.

post nuclear war USA isn't like fall-out or walking dead.

it's like world war z, or the last ship.
something where a functional nation wide command staff would likely be able to maintain control; depending on how much of the military command remains in place.

we've enough national guard spread out far enough where the entire country could go into martial law mode.

the enemy would be panic and confusion; keeping the president alive and in control would understandably be priority #1. the less the heirarchy is dismantled, the less panic and confusion there would be.

You can probably find them for less than 4 billion considering that they've already been designed and this isn't a research program. From what I've read some of these systems cost as little as 300 millions dollars.

Their stock price recovered immediately.

The market is not used to a President-elect interfering in the market in this manner, but they'll get used to it.

>It shouldn't cost 4 billion dollars to outfit 2 planes that cost about 350 million each.

I genuinely don't know what drives people.....who know nothing of what is involved in making these aircraft......to simply declare that it can't possibly cost that much. You have absolutely no reason to believe that it should be cheaper, you simply think that it should be.....with zero evidence. Boeing is an internationally respected company with decades of making top-notch aircraft for both civilian and government customers. If they say it takes $4 billion to make the planes, then I see absolutely no reason to doubt them.

Exactly. There's no reason the cargo winch in a c17 should cost 20k and there's no reason these planes should cost 4bn either. Especially when this technology probably already exists and is being implemented in the current air force one.

FUCK DRUMPGF AND WHITE NIGGERS YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT RETARD FAGGOT KEKBOYS BETTER HSUT THE FUCK UP HYSTERECTOMY ASS SHIT PISS VAGINA STEROID RAPETARDED SODOMY

It's not just a 747 with a bolt-on countermeasure, the entire thing has to be designed to be shielded from EMP and blast effects, to have advanced communications systems including ones capable of sending a launch message to nuclear forces. It also has to has air-to-air refueling systems.

I'm not in the defense industry, I just know that government projects go through a maze of steps that add loads of cost. The DoD lost almost a fifth of its budget in recent years just to running its bureaucracy.

then you have absolutely zero experience with government contracts.

Also, there's no real reason for them to disagree. It's all just for the sake of "Trump said this so I must say the opposite".

i get it. airforce one will have the last big party. i totaly see the point in being high up in the air dancing your ass off while everybody else dies on the ground. all out nuclear war is decided by launching as many missiles as fast as you can. the fucking theory of action is called total annihilation. there will not be anything left for you to fucking command. you want to give some nuclear war survivors useless green paper to die for your orders? how fucking dense are you to not see the natural outcome of such a scenario

The left is against decreasing military spending. This is great. If he wants to get the fuck out of syria, they're going to go all out for imperialism.

LOL, are liberals starting to suck the dick of the military industrial complex just to contradict trump now?

fucking pathetic, the lot of them

I think the idea is not to refuel during a nuclear strike put possibly after it.

Post yfw Trump gets them to retrofit his personal 757 instead

Not an argument. I trust Boeing more than a random shit-poster.

>2 competitors
which is the other one? can only think of airbus

Wow, government is too big, government is always inefficient. Got any other generic memes?

finna air force my dick n2 your boipuss u fukkin homo

The Canadian company Bombardier has emerged as a competitor to Boeing.

He probably will, he is already the most corrupt President-elect ever, why not be a corrupt President?

a close relative works for boeing and i asked him his opinion on the matter. he believes 4 billion is steep but mentioned how the government forces them to create an entire new production line to manufacture anything associated with air force one. he also believes trump may be sending a message because of boeing's financial support of clinton and their plans to sell plans to iran. all in all, he agrees with trump and set what he thinks the negotiated price will be for the 2 contracted planes at 2 billion.

the consistently bloated and unexplainably high costs in government contracts for the last 100 years is a solid argument.

do you just trust GM when they say the military needs special $100 hammers and $200 toilet seats, too?

there's no incentive to lower costs, as there is no competition for these contracts anymore.

The most blatant and shameless appeal to authority I have ever seen in my life.

BOING relocates factory to china

We want the Ghoul!

F U C K D R U M P F
U
C
K

D
R
U
M
P
F

AIR FORCE 1 IS THE SYMPBOL OF THE FUCKING COUNTRY U STUPID WHITE SMALL DICK INCEST FAGGOR RETARDS WITH YOUR WALMART FUCKING JOBS AND WORTHLESS SHITTY LIVES NEED TO JUST SHUT FUCK UP ABOUT FUCKING SHIT UR TOO NEET WHITE TRASH UNWANTED TO UNDERSTAND

JUST TAKE UR MAGA SELFIES AND FUCK OFF WITH UR NO FRIENDS FUCKING SHIT DICK AUTISTSIC NIGGERS

sell planes* to iran

If the world's nuclear arsenal was all fired at once, it couldn't even completely cover Syria with explosions. People wouldn't all die at once it would be decades of exploding cancer rates, stillbirths, and bizarre birth defects while the communication and transportation networks were paralyzed.

BT is a shit, if their rail company is anything to go by. Their maintenance suck ass and they don't even know their own systems.

Let's get an A380 instead and fly bigly.

Yep, now that you mention it I've noticed this trend with every article since the election. I know they're all butthurt still but Trump has turned hardcore conservatives into liberals and vice versa just for the sake of disagreeing with him and trying to make him look dumb. They're foolish.

Find me a jet with equivalent capabilities to AF1 that is cheaper. Pro-tip, you can't.

Not an argument.

Not gonna be able to do that if you just had all your airfields nuked.

Sacrilegious faggot.

Its for 2 planes. AF1 and the backup/decoy

This option was indeed considered, but Boeing got the contract because Boeing is American whereas Airbus is European.

>what is cost+ spending
until congress gets rid of that it doesnt matter what anyone does, and yes trump is not a conservative, and ffrom his carrier bs and infrustructure plan he sounds like the new fdr/trudeau but with red white and blue

its like we traded a big government who likes power to a big government who likes control i hope he was just shit talking about the infrastructure plans

>Not an argument.
Neither is your appeal to authority.
Difference being, I didn't present my post as a counter point. I was just pointing out that you're an idiot.