What is Vietnam like? Did the US help, or harm it? What is it like to live there?

What is Vietnam like? Did the US help, or harm it? What is it like to live there?

Bump

B-bump.

Vietnam guys... g-guys...

Viet-fucking-Nam it should be a ripe time to get some posters from the actual region.

It's great, for a westerner. Everything is cheap, plenty companies try to pull up this country out of its shit which means plenty of work for westerners, food is great albeit quality, cleanly cooked food can be hard to find, many people speak English, especially the young ones, a lot of people speak French, especially old ones, and young ones from rich families, old people can have a shitty mentality they inherited from the many wars (we did rape them hard during the Indochina independence war before even the Vietnam war started), the young ones don't really care it's just history to them, they're mostly all poor, and live in quite shitty conditions even when they have some money because there are many things about hygiene they just don't get, but they're all very nice on average, not Japan grade, but close. Government doesn't matter at all, everything is so chaotic and disorganized, and it's mostly local mafias handling everything. Countryside is mostly shitty looking because two wars and the tallest trees are like 3 meters high, but there are still nice places.

Thailand is better anyway, Cambodia is a shithole, and Laos is a shithole too but it actually looks great and people are nicer than nips.

Rad, thank you sir.

laos is landlocked
thailand is degenerate

>thailand is degenerate
There isn't only Bangkok, Pataya and Koh Pha Ngan, there are also many calm, peaceful, wild places, far from ladyboys, whores and tourists.

>far from ladyboys
sounds lonely

you only named the places that are degenerate and didn't name any of the places that aren't. You just gave a vague description of the boonies. No one goes to SE asia to bathe in the splendor of the boonies.

They go for the conversion rate on their currency, the loose laws, the laid back life (in the eyes of westerners) it's basically like going to a mushroom fairy village

>it's basically like going to a mushroom fairy village
WHAT?? REALLY?

Wow this dude nailed it. Yeah and watch out for motorbikes when crossing the road ;)

I wish the pro-white Vietnamese won the war. We'd be better than South Korea by now.

Cool. Seems like maybe a good place to retire, but I bet that the gangs don't take kindly to foreigners, so I would probably need to learn Vietnamese.

Also, what is all this about low trees?

bombs and mines destroy trees

Nah the local gangs doesn't like to mess with foreigners, too much risks. They look kinda like Triads, all tattoos and shit, you know when you see one.

Oh.

The idea of dealing with gangs in a country with loose laws makes me feel unsafe.

Well try to avoid when you see them, don't look at their faces. Also the polices here are all corrupted. I would recommend to visit, but staying here a long time, I would not. It's best to look for another country to stay if you plan to, this comes from a vietnamese as myself. Sorry for my poor english.

Your English is phenomenal and I really appreciate your and the other Vietnam poster's insights.

Vietnam is in that sweet spot that Japan was in the 60's and South Korea was in the 70's where they're poor but their lives are improving everyday because of a booming economy.

Its not like with us where we're use to a high standard of living and we don't appreciate it.

Cool.

What do you call a Chinese who speaks French?

Vietnamese.

US did horrible, irreparable damage to Vietnam (and to Laos and Cambodia and to itself.) It can never be forgotten. But it can be forgiven. War is a terrible thing and we should all try to learn from it. Time has passed and we have all moved on. I wish only the best to the people of Vietnam. They seem to be doing well.

Amen Amen