Question

Can you get fined for drinking on the street in your country?

Public intoxication laws, yes.
I went to Brazil, and you can drink in public, of course if you get drunk you might get put aside on a bench or seat until you feel sober.

yes, about 2 years ago (((they))) passed a law explicitly banning drinking on the street, no matter if you are drunk or not, but
>good luck trying to enforce ANY law in here.

Depends on where

a lot of tourist towns you can drink in public, like Key West

nope

Most places here don't let you drink outside in public. On private property is fine, public places like streets etc are usually forbidden but some places allow it

Definitely

Smoking pot is way better than drinking.

In NSW we'll just get a drinks taken off us. Can't get fined/infringed. Dunno about the rest of the States though.

No one will bug you for having a beer in public, as long as it's not in front of a children's playground, and you aren't acting belligerent

haha, cant imagine that shit
cities at the weekend nights wouldnt just look right

It's illegal to have open containers of alcohol in public, which includes things like open beer bottles or even a glass of alcohol.

I don't really see the point.
To me it seems like it just gives the police an actual reason to arrest someone if they're drinking in public and they think they might cause trouble. Maybe that's it.

you can everywhere except glasgow i believe which is fine because they all take smack instead

I think?

No

It's illegal here, but I'm yet to see a police officer enforcing that law.

>tfw policeman tries to take your longneck so you break it over his head

Nope. Nobody cares unless you are wasted and causing a disturbance.

No, you can go anywhere in the country with a drink in your hand.

If you're stupid enough to get caught I guess.

Not exactly everywhere in my country, but yes most places, you'll get fined or arrested.

If you're fifteen

do turks drink?

I miss Japan, literally a drunkards paradise
>drink anywhere
>buy booze anytime at convenience store
>most bars open to 2-4am, some 24hr bars
>all you can drink for 2-3 hours at 30 bucks
>no public intoxication laws

illegal and enforced

its up to our local councils but they can put in no drinking zones if the place becomes notorious for it

Not expressly. The GardaĆ­ can take your drink off you if you're drinking openly but they'll only actually arrest you if you're acting rowdy/violent. Then you'll get w fine for disturbing the peace.

This as well here, tho some counties have different laws where there is no punishment at all but you have to stop if told so by a officer

Yes. Starting at $25 or so.

Local laws and enforcement of said laws varies greatly.
I've been told to pour a drink on the ground, also had police not even care, but I've never been fined or arrested.

I think so, but police have never troubled me or anyone i know because of it. I think they probably don't care as long as you aren't loud and obnoxious

No