Why do people who live in Urban environments tend to be more left wing...

Why do people who live in Urban environments tend to be more left wing, while those who live in Rural and Suburban areas tend to be more right wing? What are the psychological factors behind it? Is it something to do with demographics?

Other urls found in this thread:

hotair.com/archives/2012/04/13/confirmed-conservatives-understand-liberal-positions-better-than-liberals-understand-conservative-positions/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
archive.is/b8Oss
archive.is/dpDmy
abc7chicago.com/news/protesters-clash-in-mt-greenwood-over-police-involved-shooting/1596452/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my guess would be, and this is simplification, people in cities congregate together to feel safe and have access to resources, whereas in the country, your far from emergency services/supplies, and and generally have to be more able of taking care of yourself

Yep, suburban and rural people tend to be more self-sufficient, because there are fewer government resources available, whereas people in cities are accustomed to higher levels of government resources.

This affects the political outlooks of both types of people.

Urban areas are filled with non-whites who vote against white interests.

Rural and Suburban areas have less non-whites

population density, mob rule cant function if the people are so spread out they hardly interact; which is why I never go to my towns fairs or seasonal events, I can practically guarantee the chances of running into "progressives" and SJWs is higher than just going to a bar, restaurant, or bowling alley... not just because of the number of people, but because everyone tends to keep to themselves and mind their own business in a smaller environment.

mfw im based capable non white country boy

checked

It's easy in a big city to know only people of your own social class, only people who make your own, or related jobs and often you only know people in a superficial manner.
While in a rural area, you know everyone, you are forced to associate with everyone, rich and poor, intelligent and stupid, and, as a result, you are more in contact with reality.

because fish makes you smarter

In rural areas you have to Work nothing is given

Life is much easier in cities. People who don't have hardships in their life go liberal. People who live in rural areas need to actually work and be responsible for shit. They simply know what life is like.

Urban centers are highly segregated by class and ethnicity, so there is very little interaction between rich/poor, white/black, etc. Therefore rich whites see poor blacks, for instance, as an abstraction rather than a real group of people with well-defined characteristics, and they can assign whatever characteristics to them they choose. If you actually interact with blacks regularly you would know they are stupid, lazy, violent people who are poor because they can't properly function in a civilized society. Rich whites living in cities are insulated from this reality and are free to choose the belief that poor people and minorities are disadvantaged due to unjust inequalities in society.

Wow. Nice summary.

/thread

My towns kinda small, there are smaller towns, more spread out suburbs, slightly more rural areas and definitely larger swaths of farmland in the Midwest, but the closest city to me is Seattle and that's a few hours away.

I don't know anyone here, my father used to meet neighbors and he'll greet employees of local business by name; but we don't "know" or associate with anyone... I'm sure it's different for anyone going to one of the dozen fucking churches around here or kids indoctrinated into one of the local youth groups, but my point is socialization is a choice easier to avoid in these small towns.

urban life is real life. everyone else just enjoys shoving their heads up their asses

oh they do interact with blacks.
but only with the good ones that manage to not chimp out all of the time.
that leads to them thinking that every black person is like that

Brain drain. White people build city, gibsniggers swarm it, white people leave, gibs niggers run it into the ground and move to the next.

Group think and a lack of need for self reliance
Johnathan Haidt has done preliminary research on this and it's quite fascinating

hotair.com/archives/2012/04/13/confirmed-conservatives-understand-liberal-positions-better-than-liberals-understand-conservative-positions/

People who like to be left alone and rely on themselves instead of the gov naturally move out of busy areas.

Minorities and liberal cucks

So if we were to attempt to get rid of this problem, what would be the best way to do it? how do we get rid of this toxic mentality?

This above all others I'd say

Because when you live on your own land you learn to be independent. When you live in the city, you do not have room to do anything your self. You cant own a shop, so you cant own tools, you cant fix a water pipe, chaing your oil or build model air planes. So you call someone every time you need anything. So you are dependent on everyone and so you become dependent on the government as well.

Eventually Liberals wont be able to shit with out government help. Some of the really fat ones are already there.

>Why do libs lib

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600, bringing the total population to a mere 2200 mice, even though the experiment setup allowed for as many as 3840 mice in terms of nesting space. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior.

During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed "the beautiful ones." Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

Urban society has experienced a bolster of wealth off of deals like nafta, most are coastal areas which profit largely off imports, or tech industries. Combine that with Democratic gibsmedat programs and massive migration central to these cities, it creates a low class of migrants absorbing the smaller jobs people would be less likely to work and an abundance of wealthy middle income assuming tech jobs/port jobs.

Urban liberals are living in a bubble essentially, they believe that because their city is expanding and nobody wants Pacos job sweeping the drive, that America is a-okay.

The recession has hit rural lives heavily due to manufacturing jobs going overseas and sparse resources, while the cities boom because of tech industry investments and consumerism moving towards the cities due to the economic developments.

That's exaclty why they made our electoral college and why it is working completely as intended, founding coastal colonies with massive migrant populaces held a significant numerical majority and could essentially determine the livelihood of middle America at one time.

Here are archive links to the two articles:
archive.is/b8Oss
archive.is/dpDmy

I think living in cities tears you away from world around you. You have no connection to your land, little connection to a majority of your neighbors and the people around you, no connection to nature. It's a bubble.

You don't immigrate to a country to go to the rural areas user.

I had never seen a muslim or a poo in loo in my life until I went to the city.

Thats because everyone in the rural areas are racists and nationalists in developed countries.

Now lets say you have a undeveloped country. Africa for example and you had 300,000 white people who wanted to move there. They certainly would not move in to the festering cities. They would move in to the rural areas like the Germans did when they immigrated to America before it was developed.

Of course they tried that in Africa but they got overran by niggers. I would say it was due to to much colinization taking place at the time in better, non-nigger infested shitholes.

>in developed countries

I wonder thats a misnomer as an undeveloped country is nothing but rural areas with disease incubation chambers scattered about.

I think I can provide insight. I grew up in a middle class suburb on Chicago's southwest side. 10 minutes east of my neighborhood is a based Chicago neighborhood called Mt Greenwood. It's basically reserved for white people who work for the city but wish to live on the southside and not get shot. They are fairly openly racist. A black dude actually just got brained by an off duty cop there a few weeks ago. Neighborhoods like MTG are far and few between however.

20 minutes north of me is the Englewood neighborhood in Chicago. This place is a horrid 99.99% black shithole. If you are white you better not be caught walking down the street at night, or really during the day for that matter.

I have heard stories from parents in my town who had grown up there. 50 years ago if a black kid was walking down the street in Oak Lawn, cops would tell him he is in the wrong neighborhood. When I was in first grade, there was maybe 1 or 2 entire black kids in my school. I really noticed them because I never saw black people. By the time I was in 6th grade, there were 3 or 4 black kids in my class. My high school was about 5% black. The other public high school on the other side of town is 25% black. They take in a small sub section of Oak Lawn, and a bunch of ghetto trash from surrounding black suburbs.

Basically, I think it is all a function of white guilt. From a very young age, at school and from many parents, we are always told about these shit hole neighborhoods. Every single day I was reminded from someone that 20 minutes down the street there was some poor black child who had nothing. They would always turn to neighborhoods like MTG and blame them for Englewood being trash. My high school was a liberal shit hole. My AP government teacher routinely showed us clips from the daily show. There is a very filthy hive mind mentality there. The one semi rightwing kid in my AP government class was routinely laughed at for not conforming to this mindset.

All of the signs are there, but nobody can see clearly. I was in 4 or 5 honors/AP classes every year in high school. There was never one black person. The one asian kid was in them. Muslim girls were in them. Mexican and other latinos were in them. Polish kids with horrid english were in them. I never interacted with black people in highschool other than the few I ran track with. Even though my school was 5% black, I would often see 10 black people all standing in the hallway together. They were loud. They walked slow as fuck. They were the people doing all the fighting. They were so fucking lazy that they didn't even really play sports. A couple of years ago I witnessed some 20 year old black dude walking down the street in my old neighborhood smoking a blunt. It was broad daylight. He was walking past an elementary school. Government apartments have appeared in the past 20 years. I went from seeing 2 black kids in my school to seeing many. White people are watching their hometowns slowly but surely turn to shit, but we are conditioned to not care because they are just poor black people after all.

People living in rural environments are more likely to engage in activities, (i.e., hunting or agriculture) that are directly related to their physical or biological survival.

Urban dwellers unconsciously live on top of a gigantic pile of abstractions, are completely denatured, or are completely removed from the previous natural environment in which humanity has customarily lived.

It's the difference between a wild and a domesticated animal. If you live in an urban environment, you are most likely domesticated. You don't actually obtain your own food directly, but must rely on processes outside your direct control to obtain it.

For anyone who is interested in the only racist white southside Chicago neighborhood: abc7chicago.com/news/protesters-clash-in-mt-greenwood-over-police-involved-shooting/1596452/

TLDR:
>black dude part of funeral procession
>parks his car in front of fire station in a fire lane
>firefighter tells him he cant park there
>for some reason this is an issue with the sub human
>argument ensues
>a nearby off duty cop comes to intervene
>still an issue
>another off duty cop runs over
>the subhuman decides now he should run to his car to grab his gun
>he gets fuckin lit up
>troves of black people march down the street in protest of this for some reason

I just think it's funny as fuck that it happened here because the neighborhood is genuinely racist. Once this happened, a shit ton of white people took to the streets to yell "nigger" at all of the black protestors. Most of the neighborhood like I said previously are cops and fire fighters who work for the city.

I can definitely see how living in Chicago would turn you in to a racist.

very true, and the same can be said about their way of thinking... they have not lived in other areas or experienced other things... they are spoon fed propaganda and talking points that believe this is the truth without ever living/doing anything else.