In this thread we talk about direct democracy

In this thread we talk about direct democracy.
What does Sup Forums think?
Pic related, a cuntry that works quite good with direct democracy

I approve.

bump

It works well in small countries such as switzerland because of their banking sector, federal system and low population.
It will not work in your country or britain because our countries are too large and have different systems of government

so your little town/city can't do something like this?
i think that something that have to change is people's mind

Small cunt

it works.

bullshit. even china could do it. of course, there would be literal hell on earth in some places. but that's the price of progress.

yes, maybe in silamoshit country wouldn't work

We should just abolish democracy altogether. It's absurd how democracy has somehoe monopolised the western political process, and even daring to question it is worse than murder. There are alternatives, and I'm sorry Winston, but they are better.

In my town no, its made up of 100000 people.
Local councils decide the vote
If china operated dd it would cause warlord states again

By decide the vote I mean everyone votes and the council is voted in and decides the by laws

i think that should be done that kind of stuff with the neighborhoods, and then count all the votes

Plato had very valid criticisms of democracy.
Maybe look outside your window and I don't mean to Ahmed raping your women.

In New England a lot of small towns just work by whoever shows up votes on decisions.

It is the only way for a people to not be oppressed by a minority group, because
if there is a conflict of interest between the people and that group, the group will always act in its own self-interest. It will also automatically increase its own power over time. Ultimately, the group largely segregates from the larger society and becomes less in touch with it, making their decisions even less beneficial to society in general out of sheer ignorance of the society's general situation.

We are also supposed to vote for political parties based on their political program, meaning that we are supposed to make an educated choice between sets of different policies. Why not let us choose the policies themselves, instead of sets of it?

As far as I know, the only argument against it is that the population in general is not smart enough, but I believe we have become smart enough as a society to govern ourselves. This is also an argument against parliamentary democracy, so people from that camp could not use it since they deem it ineffective as well.

your'e really funny, 9/11
by the way in Switzerland the cantons with DD decide the amount of foreigners that they could host, a lot of foreigners in switzerland go back to their country because cantons decide that they don't want them

Wouldn't work in the US because the country is so geographically diverse. Raw popular vote would be disastrous here.

in new england there is some kind of DIrect Democracy btw

donald Trump doesn't need democracy

btw i think that now with the interwebz everything is possible, voting on the internet ins't that hard, so people don't need to go outside and vote

like the pirate parties all around the world

look at me guys i have autism!!

no one cares about autism in those days...