nobodytm.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Noam Chomsky.

Jaden Smith

Michael Savage even though he's a botanist by training

accurate

slavoj ziźek
sniffe

Probably one of the last great thinkers of our times.

actually I agree with this one

false, post-modernism killed the genius

Not exactly. It killed the celebration of being a genius, but philosophy is just big words see tommymackay.tripod.com/P.Generator.htm

steven pinker

hmm not really, nothing is even remotely profound on it. Its just restatements of archetype truisms. Also incidentally an example of postmodernism experimental philosophy.

I can name several but their all fucking leftard nutjobs. The Academic community these days is actually less tolerant of new ideas than it was 100 years ago.

>can't name a philosopher

I like Jordan b Petersen. Is he a philosopher?

Patrice O'Neal.

Dugin)))))

I can get into a rant about how the last hundred years actually have produced insane amount of philosophers and writers, and Foucault certainly quialifies as modern, but you know all this yourself.

>pomo is evil
I quit /lit/ because of this, but Sup Forums, surely you are smarter than them?

fpbp

>he doesn't know about Steban Molymeme

>anglos
>philosophers
Pick one

But to answer your question: Richard David Precht

Not a philosopher.

Modern Philosophy will just be a Book that is filled with really good tweets.

Sam Hyde

Searle, Korsgaard, Dennet, Parfit, Kripke, Nagel

NOT

Basically that's the history of chinese philosophy.

Yung Lean

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Zizek

steven covey

The first 2 years of Stefan Molyneux's youtube vids.

Commerce ruined him, not the internet.

That fuck Habermas.

Filthy Frank

Doctor Dindu Nuffington$

Not Stefan Lolyneux

As someone who wanted to do a major in philosophy, all philosophers are shit. Nihilism and postmodernism have destroyed any semblance of philosophy because some faggot will just say they disagree with your premise and that effectively ends the discussion. It's all just assumptions built on top of assumptions on top of assumptions, so in my opinion, assume whatever helps you survive and thrive, and ignore the rest.

the greatest achievement of philosophers is the scientific method, which killed philosophy

from then on anything worthwhile was called science, not philosophy

That guy who wrote "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Robert Pirsig, I believe his name is.

Alvin Plantinga. If you don't know modern philosophers that is on you for being a dumb fucking mental cuck.

AN

>102109238
Leibniz was lit

I hate to say this, but Sup Forums has a few. Not necessarily the kind fitting the mold, but information gets dropped here lacking in some sort of decency or catch-all that civility requires that really rings bells in my head. That's the only reason I keep hanging around you degenerates, honestly.

Here's a gud'un

Smart is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that doesn't go in a fruit punch.- Professor 4chang

Hans Hermann Hope

sam harris

ARGUMENT

Jerry Fodor, proponent of teleological functionalism and his own craft, the language of thought. Still alive today, studied in Philosophy of Mind.

t. literally took a final exam on him today

Slavoj Zizek

Stephen memeingyou

RORTY

G.E. Moore

WRONG.

Personal Favorite

Find a flaw... Hint: You cant

The lack of philosophers are what is killing society.

If we were ruled by philosopher kings instead of Merkels and Obamas, then maybe we'd actually be alright.

kys

He's a retard.

" And don’t bother trotting out examples of concepts that do have definitions, like BACHELOR, EFFECT, ISLAND, NAVEL, TRAPEZOID, VIXEN, and WEEK, for Fodor insists that even these are unstructured, i.e., they are not composed of the concepts that (allegedly) define them. "

> Sup Forums is for discussing ideas
> literally just lists philosophers instead

religion lost its footing to philosophy the same way philosophy lost its footing to science. philosophy did religions job of answering moral questions (and did a better job at it) leaving just enough room for religion to hold on to humanities "origin" story. science then took that away and with philosophy having answered the questions it needed to already kind of just slowly faded away. it's still around, but there's not much need for it.

Wrong
nobodytm.com/

me

I am a philosopher. Maybe I should start getting my voice out there so that I can be heared and enlighten the masses.
Just think about it. The Black Red-pilled King ruling over the land with nothing but his mind and voice.

Sniffy the Communist.

Science is the dumbed down materialist version of philosophy, try harder senpai

Yeah it's almost like access to information eliminates bogus pseudo-knowledge. Philosophy as a whole is timecube-tier.

Chomsky is top tier in linguistic philosophy. Everything else he does is garbage, but his linguistic work is really solid.

Voltaire

prince ea

David Chalmers
Hillary Putnam (until last year)
Ian Hacking
Daniel Dennett
Charles Taylor
David Chalmers
Nancy Cartwright
Bas Van Frasen
Catherine Elgin
Christine Korsgaard
Peter Singer

name one other greek philosopher besides Plato/ Socrates /Aristotle

oh wait you can't. gee guess all these modern philosophers suck as bad as they did back in the day

There are still philosopher's, but it seems that none are famous, because there hasn't really been substantial and large new ideas, which are required to be famous. Possibly a result of all the low hanging fruit being plucked.

without googling it:

Thales, Anaxagoras, Anaximenes, Protagoras, Pythagoras, Heraclitus, Zeno, Parmenides, Leucippus, Democritus, Epicurus

probably missing a few obvious ones

t. philosophy enthusiast

The only philosopher to follow Socrates was Diogenes.

And he was the last philosopher.

Came here to post this.

> Chalmers
> Chalmers
Leaves pls leave

Philosophers have one thing in common: they have a foundation in logic and rhetoric. That's been taken out of the ciriculum so we have what we have today. Anyone can do it but he they have to put the pieces together.

One of the strongest in logic right now is Scott Adams. He knows and can identify fallacies which puts him way ahead of the general public. He can also analyze and make predictions and inferences which few other public figures do.

BEHOLD

I BRING YOU A MAN

David Bentley Hart

>and charisma is getting them to do it anyway.

The look on Plato's face when that happened.

I'd give a testicle to see it.

not because of internet but because they were all shills to begin with.
pick related biggest shill ever.

The ancient Greeks churned out philosophers and intellectual cliques like modern greeks churn out debt. It's difficult to even list them all.

>diogenes
>shill

underrated

Essentially this. Not for normalfags.

STAND OUT OF MY LIGHT YOU ATHENIAN PONCE

>always like to believe Diogenes spoke with a drunk Cockney accent

Well he was a sovereign citizen two thousand years before it was cool.

Jean Baudrillard

fuck off faggot you're not even done with the greeks yet

admit it

lol k

The Internet is cancer though and needs to die

based

>because correlation = causation.

Look at the decline in educational standards in the past few decades. Latin, Sentence Diagramming, etc are all gone now.

David Lewis. Dan Dennett. Peter Unger. David Chalmers.

Chrstine Korsegaard. John Searle.

It's actually not very hard.

Alan Watts

Podcasts are my favorite modern philosophers. Probably the same as YouTube stars but I don't like staring at mother fuckers like we are on a date at a tiny table.

correct. But he was more of a critic of philosophy. I wouldn't say he really attempted to analyze anything beyond the consequences of delineation. He kind of obsessed over the idea of where we decide to chose to define the differences in things and really pointed those choices out as the heart of our worldview. It was a book of Aristotle vs Plato. A very good book and story. The later stuff was really so so. I liked him better reflecting on his own insanity, rather than writing a purely literary novel.

Robert Anton Wilson. A trickster philopher. Much more enlightening and enjoyable. His dialogues are fun

If you ever stepped foot in an actual department, you'd know that philosophers are actually some of the biggest opponents of relativism, postmodernism, and general academic garbage infesting the system.

The most awful departments are English, Anthropology, and Psychology.

If you think that being able to get to the roots of disagreement and try to suss things out from there isn't a valuable skill, and isn't the most difficult part of argumentation, then I don't know what to tell you.