Trump Attacks Union Leader on Twitter

Trump Attacked Union Leader Chuck Jones on Twitter. Why?
---
youtube.com/watch?v=5V0Rn_5VcI0

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/oyaXm
archive.is/7hqVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because unions are state funded and full of officials who are not employed by the entities for which their unions actually operate, but are instead put in those positions by government mandates, isn't it strange how there is basically no industry in detroit any more yet there are so many "union" employees? Unions should be made by private agreement between fellow workers, their existence shouldn't be ensured by government intervention, the result is this corrupt enterprise of thuggery we see today.

> tfw we elected a moronic, orange, racist idiotic manchild who picks fights over twitter as the most powerful person on earth

I hope you guys get what you wanted....WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE

All that populist rhetoric Trump was spewing was just bullshit. He was always anti-union and anti-worker.

Because the guy is a fucking fool

He lacked the leverage necessary to save his representatives' jobs
So Trump came in with more leverage and brokered a deal to save jobs

Now the whiny, thankless cunt is complaining that Trump didn't do enough
Bitch, he did in two weeks what you failed to do for years, stop whining ffs

If you read my post you'd realize "union interests" and "worker interests" seldom align. Of course, you probably already know that and you're a left/pol/ retard who wants to slide threads with blatant agitprop.

I'm failing to see your logic here

The guy who has brought back tens of thousands of jobs to the US is... anti-worker?
How?

For speaking the TRUTH, what do you think? Gosh!

Trump lied his fucking ass off and took credit for shit he didn't do. Just like the Ford plant issue. He fucking lied.

>Be a union leader
>Work for months on a deal with the bosses that gets nowhere
>The guy you fucking hate does your job in two weeks
>Seethe in hatred so much you go to the media trying to do a character assassination

Pathetic. Him and his sympathizers need to come to grips with reality

Any evidence?

>the result is this corrupt enterprise of thuggery we see today.
I am a union member, and not a single one of our members is "state funded". Our "Officials" are elected by our body from within our body. The most "Thuggery" we engage in is political protests against issues that will affect us or other unions.

A long time ago in my past I worked in a government office (Student loan collections) and was "represented" by the state worker's union. They are terrible, and certainly get in the way of progress that benefits tax payers.

However, my observation is based on my time in 2 unions...both radically different. I am a member of a labor union for very specialized work. We really do fight to ensure our survival.

The state union fought to keep their own jobs secure.

There are many different types of "Unions" in the USA. I have been a member of a few, and do not fully understand ALL of them....but I do understand two of them. I don't know how an Aussbro user can comprehend something that you are not a part of. Not all unions are terrible....infact some of them are outright great.

We work a very hard job, and we fight to ensure fair wages for the type of work we do. I can assure you that we earn every cent that is paid to us. There is no free ride in my labor union.

>tens of thousands
[citation needed]

>needing a reason to attack unions

Fuck em.

Lineman?

I was an operating engineer when I was working on garbage trucks, but changed jobs and now work for my city garage which is also the capital of my state. Changed over to IAMAW.

detroit, as stated in my post

Australia has unions which are mandated to exist by the government, ranging from teachers unions to labour unions. It's the same concept and they have probably the same power as what they have in democratic cities in the USA. If you read my post I don't think unions "shouldn't" exist, but they should be created and maintained by the workers themselves. When unions have too much power due to their existence being guaranteed by the government you end up with situations like in Italy when all the public services periodically shut down because everyone's striking all the time for no purpose.

archive.is/oyaXm

Son brandished a document featuring the names of his firm and Foxconn which read: >"Commit to invest $50bn + $7bn in US, generate 50k + 50k new jobs in US in next four years."

>B-but, Trump was supposed to be a bad businessman!

I won't hold it against you if you at least admit you were ignorant

Trump literally did nothing. Pence threw a bunch of money at them and they decided the negative PR wasn't worth it. They're still sending 2/3 of the jobs to Mexico anyway.

But yeah, blondie did it all. He said so. It must be true. Because muh Trump.

Prior to Trump, people like this operated largely in the shadows. The general electorate had no idea about these things or these people. By calling them out on Twitter, naming them at rallies, etc... he is reigniting the average American's civic involvement.

THIS DESU

Once again, in two weeks Trump and Co. brokered a deal that union bosses couldn't make for months

He does this, which is inarguably a net economic positive and you brainded fucks bend over backwards to discredit him

Give it up. He won the election and he's making great deals
You can continue to be bitter or you can support people who are fighting for your country

anti-union is pro-jobs.

Look at auto manufacturing, new plants in Kentucky and other right-to-work states because guess what, it's cheaper to not have to deal with your bullshit.

>detroit, as stated in my post
The name of a place doesn't prove anything. How about some actual evidence that shows the shit you are saying?

archive.is/7hqVw
>Over the next several months, my team and I worked tirelessly to keep Carrier in our city. We came up with $23 million in savings, but the Carrier brass said that wasn’t enough

Lol, the union guy is pissed because he couldn't convince Carrier to stay with 23 mil when Trump got it done for 7 million paid over 10 years

You know, I don't blame him.
He's an old man with one job and he got BTFO by some allegedly moronic guy with a weird haircut

That 23mill was part of a negotiation deal without job losses. Trump negotiated job losses and the number he promised would be saved was lower than the number actually saved..

So retaining 1000 jobs in exchange for 7 million in tax credits over 10 years is a bad deal because it wasn't ALL the jobs?

Not everything is black and white, libtard. You wanted a diplomat and you got a diplomat, stop whining

It wasn't 1000 jobs and there was no need for any job losses. The plants were profitable the owners just wanted more money and Trump could have used his influence to prevent the corporate greed but he actually used his influence to help the corporate greed instead of helping the workers out.

Did you want a corporate globalist shill? That is what you have. Although I guess that is like asking if a cuck cares who fucks his wife, clearly you don't.

>he actually used his influence to help the corporate greed

That's where you're wrong friendo

Something not often talked about is that Carrier will pay 16 million over two years for infrastructure
Trump will provide 7 million in tax credits over 10 years

There is no mathematical way you're spinning this transaction into a net positive for Carrier
On the other hand, 1000 jobs were retained

So a president elect who convinces a company to invest in American infrastructure for the purpose of keeping American jobs is a Globalist shill?
You'll have to explain your glaring leaps in logic for me

Unions have failed to represent the American worker, instead preferring to serve a Democratic Party that would like to see their jobs outsourced and foreign laborers brought in to replace them in what few positions remain. Tell me what good the union does it's members if both management and the union head think the factory would be more profitable in China or Mexico? The fact that Carrier's employee union rep would rather talk shit about Trump than the company that spent most of last year trying to move to Mexico speaks volumes.

I work a moonlighting job in a supermarket and belong to the UFCW. I have no choice in the matter.
They seem to spend most of their dues money on lobbying and contributing to democrats election campaign funds.
Its a pretty shitty deal to be honets

>there was no need for any job losses

>believing this
They were already in the process of moving their plant, jobs were going to be lost