Am I paying too much for rent Sup Forums ?

Monthly rent: $2695
Monthly salary, not including bonus or stock: $12500
Rent percentage: 21.5%

Benefits are I get to walk to work (takes less than 10 minutes) and I live in a really nice area. Alternative would be saving, maybe $1000/month and having to drive in Bay Area traffic or take the Caltrain (and possibly drive after that).

Are utilities included? If so I think your just fine considering your salary

Holy crap, not even CTOs for critical operations get that pay here

no one wants to live in italy, simple.

I think you are good bro.

>Monthly salary $12500
why are you paying rent, just buy a house, you dumb shit

That sounds reasonable to me. I make about the same as you do (Lead sysadmin at a startup) and I pay slightly less in rent in order to live a 10 minute walk from work.

>paying someone else to upkeep their capital

you're still a wage slave brah

I live with my parents but I was paying 400 back in school w utilities.

>abloo boo hoo

Fuck off you fucking retard

In the bay area, you need a couple of million in cash to buy a "house" in a decent area.

In Oakland, you might be able to get one that scrappers have picked over for $750k or so.

If rent is that high there, a house probably costs something unreal

You still earn good money so I think it's fine. I make 15000 a month and rent is 4000$, but I only spend 1k on food, utilities and etc... so I can still save 10k every month

PS: should have posted this on /biz/ or /adv/.

Rent is the biggest jewish scam

Make a fucking downpayment on a house user.

You can put away 3-5k a month and buy a house or condo within 10 months

Must be nice. Holy shit the things I could do with one of your weekly paychecks. .....

At the moment, I do not have $400,000 saved for a downpayment on a $2 million condo. :(

Ahahahhah same salary
Own house
Work 100% from home

Fools

Should i buy or rent right now Sup Forums?

PROTIP

Move out of the pozzed SF, live in the 3rd world with those $12.5k / month

What a faggot
2 million dollar condo

I bet u ar a faggot city numale liberal

That's about what my rent is, and I'm making a couple thousand a month less than you

FWIW, my 2400 sq ft 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home is almost paid off because I paid $3000 / month when my mortgage was only $1600.

Get a home loan

You fools are paying 2700 a month rent?
Im paying that mortgage

Fool
Fools
Assholes

Nice humble-brag.

why do you live alone?

you can live with people in the marina still for 2k

you should just buy a house

sv bank has good rates for startup fags

>not being redpilled
>not living in a van
>saving all your money in san francisco
>leave after 3 years

that's what i did

what do?
software?

With multiple buyers with cash on hand, and no need to wait for a mortgage company to give final approval, you have no hope of buying a place, unless you have cash in hand as well.

As the seller, would you rather sell to someone who can pay you NOW, or someone who has to make a contingent offer based on a bank's final approval?

You can refinance once you buy the place, but most people need to build up their stock portfolio enough to take a margin loan against it for the initial payment, if they have any hope of buying a place.

I don't really know the real estate market in Silicon Valley well but that sounds OK. I pay 750 for 15 year mortgage on 1500 sq ft townhouse in North Fort Worth off 6k gross monthly.

It would be a really bad idea to buy a house in the Bay Area right now. SV is in a bubble, save all the cash you can for when you need to make an escape to a cheaper, more comfy area.

>Buying a condo

Faggot detected.

I make significantly less money than you (Salary $16k/mo) and should be able to afford a second house in a year or two. I could make more (highest offer was $23k/mo but that's CAD), but then I'd have to live in Toronto and be cucked like you. Move to a city where you can own your own fucking property still, you silly cityfag.

(Note: I live in a city too, obviously, but since I wasn't born in one I'm not the sort of MASSIVE FAGGOT who aspires to condominium living)
(Note 2: The house I own currently isn't in this city and so doesn't really count; I bought it 5 years ago for $30k lel. It's 1500 sq ft but whatever, it's a nice vacation home)

North fort Worth is a nice area, my parents live in the nigger infested south fort worth. Housing is cheap in Texas

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

With that much money you should have enough to get a mortgage outside of town in addition to your apt. Rent it out until you need it. Doesn't need to be your dream home but at least you'll own something.

>I'm okay with paying a 50% tax rate.

And if your mortgage plus property taxes was 30-40% higher than that you would be paying almost exactly the same amount in the end because you get to deduct the interest and property taxes changing your adjusted gross income.

Unless you're some free spirit faggot that has to live somewhere new every 18 months buy a property you can live in retard. Real estate will always appreciate unless you're in Detroit.

Hold up..you make $12500 a month? And your still on Sup Forums? WTF
I'd be out living, you sad fuck

Going to the pub every night is exactly why you do not make what OP makes.

It's going up right now. I bought in 2006 and due to bubble in 08 and being the last of the zero down payment guys have been upside down a lot until the last few years. Then suddenly in last 12 months zilliow estimate has jumped 25 percent. I sort of want to sell now, but rent also jumping.

when did pol became a blog?
go the fuck to biz or adv faggot

kek disregard part of this post, I misread OP as "21.5k/month"
After currency conversion we make about the same amount per month.

For all the butthurt poorfags; I can't speak for OP but I work 60 hours minimum per week, often more like 80. Shitposting on Sup Forums is really my only entertainment. Are you jealous now?

Believe it or not most people making that kind of money have a lot of time to piss away during the day while they are sitting at their desk.

>look at the ceiling
>look at Sup Forums

Kek
I live in a hut and i power my electircity by riding a bike for 6 hours which makes me healthy but only gives about 25 mins of internet fun
Welp
See you in 6h guys, its already been 20 mins

>I'd be out living, you sad fuck
>I'd be out living
you mean giving mr shekelstein your hard earned shekels so some random whore can suck you off.

Stereotype much. But here's one back at ya. Keep stuffing your face with nachos and burgers and slupies whilst popping every type of anti depressant and anti psychotic under the sun, lard arse.

I would

>$12500 a month for rent
WEEEEEEEEEEW

I pay $400 for a one bed, one bath apt. What the fuck is going on, buddy?

Rent should be one weeks pay. Seems like you're fine

What is your after tax and deductions (net) monthly income? You should never look at gross income. You only drop gross income numbers when trying to get laid. Otherwise, always think in terms of net income.

Nice reading comprehension.

>Rent should be one weeks pay.
good try shekelstein.

Good lord man. You make triple what I currently make. I live in San Francisco too but I'm just a dirty wage slave.
I got lucky with a building manager job on top of my current job so as long as I take care of the building I don't pay rent.
I need to find a better full time job besides cleaning fucking BMWs all day. Shitty ass minimum wage ain't worth the tendonitis I'm getting from this job.

OP said he was chucking money away on rent..doesn't sound the type to be too bothered about the Jewish issue, does he.
Secondly what's the point in having money if you don't enjoy it? Yes you should nicest in a house etc..but you should still fucking enjoy life if you can afford too
WTF is it with you? Go and be a monk if you can stand by your convictions.

I'm in a trade union working at Stanford atm. Buy a house in the east bay senpai

>want a r-roomie?

I don't like nachos. I'll never understand why people like nachos. Burgers are ok. I have never had a slurpy, nor an anti-depressant. I have no documented or suggested psychosis. And I'll have you know I have a very fine arse.

Also, there's nothing wrong with going to the pub every night. I imagine you have more fun than OP, and money can't buy that.

You're right, I goof'd. I'm watching chinese cartoons while I shitpost, cut me some slack.

Could honestly just put money away, then go buy a house for $150,000 someplace decent and retire for life, rather than buying some overpriced shit in the middle of shitville

live in the bay area. Where u at? Never seen a fashy goy in this area.

>12k a month
nigger what? you could be paying 5k a month and you would still be able to live incredibly comfortable and still have money to put away

And I don't go to the pub every night..didn't stop you making that smart ass comment though.
As for your fine ass...that probably deserves its own thread.

I didn't think a Jew would be dumb enough to pay rent

there is nothing worse than wasting an an hour+ if you count both ways of your life everydy commuting to work, even if your house is twice as big.
your life is now, you life doesn't begin at some later date when things work out, your life is now. that extra time can be used or wasted soo many good or bad or fun ways. 10 mintues from work changes your life , stay

>OP said he was chucking money away on rent..doesn't sound the type to be too bothered about the Jewish issue, does he.
>Secondly what's the point in having money if you don't enjoy it?
wew lad.

its obvious ur a dirty little kike aren't ya?

This. I take the bart for over an hour each way every day. Easily turns my 8 hour work day into 13-14 hours when you factor in commute and getting ready in the morning

you could save 2695/mo by killing yourself

What about East Palo Alto? Avoid the bridge traffic, but it's still affordable.

all these retard middle-class cucks think the house you live in is investment. it's only a investment if total cost < amount you sell it for.
protip mortgage interest rates means you pay a lot more then the price, and you have to pay for upkeep, new roof $20,000 every 20 uears, new plumbing 15-30k.painting house evry 5 years 15k. a house you live in is a middleclass investment, paying rent for not having to worry bout upkeep costs is not bad use of your money than you think in ops position. even after the tax deductions

What is everyones career? I need to find something new.

Youre obviously paying a lot for rent, but you can afford it so there's no problem.

if you were paying that much for rent but only earned like 4000-5000 each month, then I'd call you a dumb shit.

Youre good

You can come live with me. I have 3 bedrooms.i dont even use.

TECHIE SCUM STAY THE FUCK OUT OF SAN FRANCISCO AND OAKLAND, STAY IN YOUR CONTAINMENT BUBBLE IN PALO FUCKING ALTO YOU SOULLESS PIECE OF GOOGLE SHIT

Lol why is that a bad rule to live by you fucking retard?

U live in the east bay too? Antioch reporting in. We should go bowling.

Not samoan or a mexican gang member, no thx

Hmu senpai

Email? Kik?

Real men sleep in the dirt. Roofs are for pussies.

Classical Italy, perhaps.

stay the fuck out of east palo alto too, you piece of shit. it's not for you. just go back to iowa or wherever the fuck you're from.

Kik bayanon_6
Tell me what freeway goes over the yoc bridge so i know its real

You mad paisa?

That's a great percentage, especially if you can genuinely feel at ease there. Plenty of people pay more and hate their housing.

Props to you man.

I pay about 25% in upstate NY, if any other anons from the area are around. Great location too. Living here is so fucking cheap it's stupid.

>nearly 3k for rent holy fuck

Move somewhere close to VTA or CalTrain, and do that. I assume you're single? you should be saving as much of that as you can.

I work in mountain view, pay monthly rent of 800, and make about 3300 a month. I live in San Jose and take VTA to work. Its not the greatest and there are shit skins everywhere but I can usually save more than half my paycheck a month.

Lol butthurt much?

Move to some cold cucked state, you dont deserve to live in the glorious bay area.

Got a friend working in SF, he and a few buddies are looking into buying a house for 1.3 mil in Oakland. Insane pricing.

Is it worth it? It's a great place to visit but damn....

>buying a house in oakland

I have had
>my car stolen
>jumped by a feral pack of niggers with guns
>my house broken into by niggers with shotguns
>been yelled at
>been followed home numerous times
>seen people shot and killed in the street
>seen armed robberies
>seen drug addicts shooting up in the street

I lived in a decent part of oakland too (temescal)

fuck that place, it should be nuked

yes i'm jealous what do you richfags do for work? and how old?

I make just a tit less than you and pay about $900 more. FML.

rather that than the US imo