How many Icelanders speak Danish?

How many Icelanders speak Danish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Norse
youtu.be/FqgRC5sfCaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot its taught in middle school and in high school.

Are you a native Danish Speaker?

Almost nobody

How come theres so many threads asking icelanders if they speak danish? What meme have i missed

People I know that speak danish
>my 8-10th grade danish teacher
>guy that was born in denmark

Some Bernie fag got a crush on us lately

Holy shit

why cant we ban kids under the age of 16 on pol

>everything is dane clay

Oh my

It's taught in our schools. Growing up it was pretty obvious that it was the most hated subject in school and also the one failed on the most.

How was the Icelandic language formed?

They should be taught Norwegian instead as it's sort of a mix between Danish and Swedish. I want the nordic people to be able to comunicate with eachother but no one understands Danish.

It's pretty much old norse with different spelling

>no one understands Danish.
Not even the Danes.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

No, you're thinking of Norweejan

To my understanding it's basically old Norsk. Since the first Icelanders were Norwegian settlers. After we basically ditch Icelandic in favor of danish until some guy from Denmark came to Iceland and re popularized the language (I don't remember his name, I learned this in middle school). This is the main reason Icelandic has remained the same for basically it's whole existence.

>To my understanding it's basically old Norsk.

>The 12th-century Icelandic Gray Goose Laws state that Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders and Danes spoke the same language, dǫnsk tunga ("Danish tongue"; speakers of Old East Norse would have said dansk tunga).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Norse

youtu.be/FqgRC5sfCaQ

lmao

It's the language which is most similar to old Norse. It wasn't formed, it just remained relatively intanct while we here in scandinavia got ours violently bastardized by importing german and french words. Feels bad man. You could've easily googled all this though, so go back to doing your 8th grade homework, burger jr.

>bait

I wonder, is it because icelandic, Norweejan, and Danish used to be the same language?

uh?

>being this slow
Yes, burger. Norwiegan, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic and Faroese all have evolved out of of Old Norse. Sure, there were regional dialects of Old Norse back during the Viking ages, but it was pretty homogenous. The regional dialects are what over time evolved into the present scandinavian languages.

Jeg spiser godt dansk og kan blive meget pludseligt. Island har mange varme kilder.

JEG IKKE SNAKKE DANSK

What a Dane-aboo

Then how come the Danish language is almost impossible to understand if everyone spoke Danish back then?

because danish was different too you mongo

literally no one

>everyone spoke Danish back then
Is it all that burger fat clogging up the blood vessels to your brain that causes this severe mental retardation? People "back then" (i.e the Viking age) didn't speak Danish, or Swedish, or Icelandic. They spoke Old Norse. All the other languages I mentioned earlier are just evolved forms of it, just like Italian, Spanish and Portuguese have evolved out of Latin.
>why is Danish impossible to understand
Because it pretty much sounds like they've swallowed their own tounge and are choking
Saged.

>not seeing the obvious bait
Not saying that his bait is good or even funny, but you're still falling for it.

A better question would be how many Icelanders speak English?

someone upended the Scrabble box and then they just added heaps of j's for extra points

99%

Wew

Nordic General Thread!
Get in here my master race brothers!

Ég tala ekki dönsku, en ég get notað Google Translate. Mér finnst líka íslensk brjóst.

this photo hangs up in the lounge in my school

This meme has gone too far.

The few ones trusted by Danish colonial administration ,to be allowed doing the cooking and cleaning