Should I join the British military?

I want to fight for my country and I've heard that soldiers are about as redpilled as they come.

I'd be looking for something more than your average soldier because I have a university education and I speak 4 languages; although I doubt they are the most useful, I could easily learn another one (English, French, German, Spanish).

Should I do it?
Arguments for/against?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBRhcy-_9E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go for it.

Since you have university education, I take it that you would enjoy intellectually demanding work. As an officer you would likely be intellectually somewhat satisfied. Although I can not tell about your country's military.

From personal experience I would say it is not for everyone, but you won't lose anything by trying.

>Should I join the British military?

do it faggot

Thanks. Were you drafted or a career soldier?

So, you're British?

If you brag about your languages, expect to be a translator. Not quite the exciting heroic life you are looking for.

posting this here for all to witness

youtube.com/watch?v=QBRhcy-_9E0

both

>we are allied to this

Wtf is this shit.

pic related
british military power

With your education would you qualify for your country's version of Officer Candidate School?

It's a good life, I was a Marine for many years. Military life has its silliness, but on the whole you get to see and do things that most people will never experience or can only watch on TV.

I would like to do that, but in the field so I could fight swell. That's the dream but the role doesn't really exist at the moment because they use locals which is fucking stupid and expensive.

I also don't care about dying in battle but I don't want to end up crippled or something. What are the chances of serious, not fatal injuries?

no
You get treated like shit and when you get out your job prospects are low.

If their was a true war to fight itd make sense to join but what is the point of joining right now?

Depends on your role, if you are frontline infantry or combat arms (combat engineer, some artillery and armor guys), there is a chance; it happens. For every death, there are usually 4-5 injuries, they vary in severity. No way to know.

Have you ever thought about intel? In America it's the s-2 shop. With your translating skills I imagine you may be good at it. Lots of communication stealing, interpretation, viewing satellite, drone, and aerial photos and the like. Pretty fun, still pretty safe, but worthwhile.

In America, if you get a good government clearance while on active duty, you can pretty much get a good civilian job with your government clearance, don't know how it works in other countries.

Thanks.
Does intel include combat training / any role in a combat situation?

Why Yes Goyim, you should definitely join the millitary.
You could go and fight for the (((EU))) against Russia. I heard they only recognize 2 gender and are triggering peacefull muslims.

Each country is different, but any basic training officer candidate school will have combat training of some kind.

If you are assigned to a combat unit, I think you would train and go with them. Most first assignments I would think would be to a combat unit, since the deployments tend to turn the personnel over faster. Mileage may vary.

I can't offer anything on the British military, I just don't know it that well.

I would think they would have recruiters/officer recruiters who could help you out.

Never hurts to ask.

This.

There is nothing glorious about guarding boxes of rifle rounds at 2am in the freezing cold...
Nothing glorious about war either
Serving was not a pleasant time in my life
Idk about the British military but it should be near the same

I say do it, just before I left school I came so close to going down the path, to allow me to become an officer for the royal enginers by training at royal Sandhurst. What put me off was the fact that i only just passed my GCSEs by the skin of my teeth. And i didnt think it was worth doing A levels as a requirment for sandhurst in case i failed them. But hell if you already have the qualifcations needed for officer training go for it there is every single role near enough imaginable. And is there a more noble and patriotic thing to do than serve your country? I might even join up in a couple of years once I get a degree in enginering, I could do with saving up first though!