Is he the GOAT mathematician?

Other urls found in this thread:

scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=chm&view_op=list_hcore&venue=UJChSoIuvTUJ.2016
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=eng&view_op=list_hcore&venue=iGi98NXoUDsJ.2016
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=phy&view_op=list_hcore&venue=ey6hLIMB9w4J.2016
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3682183/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2842692/
industryweek.com/intellectual-property/what-could-be-done-about-chinas-theft-intellectual-property
ibtimes.co.uk/chinas-great-brain-robbery-hacking-us-companies-national-security-emergency-1538590
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ramanujan

Poo in loo

That guy from The Big Bang Theory is just an actor, he's not that smart irl.

HAHAHAHAHA EPIC MEME FRIENDS

> checks name
0/10

He was definitely a mother fucking genius. A master of algebra.

He didn't invent calculus though.

The only true answer.

>inb4 Gauss

As far as I'm concerned, the poo in loo who invented the number 0 was the greatest mathematician for he gave us an accurate value of the value of poo in loo civilization.

Definitely interesting how he did so much work in very different areas.

No. He's really not even a mathematician as we understand it. He was an autist who worked and worked and worked on one (1) problem.
The greatest mathematician of all time was Gauss. No contest. Nobody else comes close. He would discover things, forget to claim it publicly, and then deflate his colleagues' excitement when they thought that they had discovered them.

>indian intelletectual
>still cant poo in loo

EVERYTHING POSTED BY THAT IP ADDRESS IS INTENTIONAL

thanks for giving me an opportunity to repost this

Probably could have been GOAT.

Aziz Ansari is a comedian, not a mathematician.

He would certainly have outdone both Gauss and Euler combined if his life circumstances hadn't be so incredibly shitty.

Leave it to an alt righter to only look at the what and not the why.

That list is dominated by Europeans is for 2 reasons:

1. Europeans learn from and propagate their own texts and figures. Concurrent discoveries are accredited to the most available figure, not the earliest.

2. There was not enough industry and security in India or China from 1800 onwards to nurture geniuses like Ramanujan, despite the huge number of geniuses in their populations.

How can Math be real when it's only a theory (a Gauss)?

Gonna second this

and this

>stupid whitey we created civilization long before you, you wuz in da caves when we wuz exploring space
>hurr da white man be's keeping me down that's why I can't build toilets

pick one

Or maybe only the Europeans have imagination.

Euler reached autism levels that have yet to be exceeded
/thread

The top journal in Chemistry & Material Sciences:
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=chm&view_op=list_hcore&venue=UJChSoIuvTUJ.2016
The top journal in Engineering & Computer Science:
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=eng&view_op=list_hcore&venue=iGi98NXoUDsJ.2016
The top journal in Physics & Mathematics:
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=phy&view_op=list_hcore&venue=ey6hLIMB9w4J.2016

No.

>I could have started the Industrial Revolution, if I felt like it

wtf I hate white people now!

It all boils down to limited access. You'd realize how important opportunities are, if, you went to university.

>lol white people are so dumb
>white ppl pls gibs monies or u racist

>access

yeah to countries that aren't full of shitskins or the autistic insect-robots (asians)

>dude white people lmao

>fuck Drumpf and fuck white ppl

its this guy right here

t. math grad student

Keep strawmanning

You can leave it to a consumer to not wonder how things ended up the way they did.

Lack of curiosity. Typical for 99.99% of whites.

Notice how your society hasn't had a great genius in half a century.

>fucking white people ruined India
>all we got was this shitty railroad line

yes

>typical whites zero curiosity

now excuse me while I fly across the country in a few hours in a giant metal tube at hundreds of miles an hour

China and India had higher learning and had it before Europe.

It's a fact. 95% of whites aren't even capable of studying STEM, and some of them resort to shitposting on pol out of bitterness.

>Euler's eyesight worsened throughout his mathematical career. In 1738, three years after nearly expiring from fever, he became almost blind in his right eye, but Euler rather blamed the painstaking work on cartography he performed for the St. Petersburg Academy for his condition. Euler's vision in that eye worsened throughout his stay in Germany, to the extent that Frederick referred to him as "Cyclops". Euler later developed a cataract in his left eye, which was discovered in 1766. Just a few weeks after its discovery, he was rendered almost totally blind. However, his condition appeared to have little effect on his productivity, as he compensated for it with his mental calculation skills and exceptional memory. For example, Euler could repeat the Aeneid of Virgil from beginning to end without hesitation, and for every page in the edition he could indicate which line was the first and which the last. With the aid of his scribes, Euler's productivity on many areas of study actually increased. He produced, on average, one mathematical paper every week in the year 1775.

after which I will burn black shit that comes out of the ground in order to propel myself down the road

all thanks to that great invention by..wait what race invested that?

Abos?

Erdos is definitely the most based
>does way too many drugs
>friend bets 500$ he cannot get clean for a months
>erdos stays clean
>"I may have won this bet, but you have just slowed down mathematics by a month"

I think it's time to admit, the Asians and Indians are smarter.
Europeans/Americans just had a good time in the past centuries because of colonialism and slavery but now when it's fair and square they are stomping us.
Feels bad man.

Actually, the first instances of burning oil was in Sumeria and the honor of being first to drill for natural gas/oil to power machines belongs to the Chinese.

>"after which I will burn black sit that comes out of the ground to propel myself down the road"

Calm down and go to college, cletus. You'll see I'm right.

In fact, the next two centuries will be the nail in the coffin for you.

With sources like that how can we compete?
But seriously the key is not intellect, the key is the environment which that intellect finds itself in. Orientals don't know how to make civilized governments and so they lose out on their rightful share of geniuses. An Englishman hears The King Must Obey The Law and is free to invent. A Han hears The State Is God and knows to keep his mouth shut.

wrong

0 percent of whites are cappable of inventing anything

The Steam engine, the electric generator, the airplane the automobile, the telephone, automated machinery, the spinning jenny, the cottion gin, the grain elevator, the power loom, modern metallurgy, synthetic chemicals, Newtonian physics, the Industrial revolution in general

none of that even exists. It's just a fairy tale that white people invented to keep you down.

100%

It's not even a close race.

to be fair, he died quite young

>He was an autist who worked and worked and worked on one (1) problem.
lel

which problem do you think that was?

Typical Asian, obsessed with details, completely misses the point.
European inventions are inventions and Asian inventions are toys (when they are not just lies). European inventions are disruptive and join synergistically with each other to alter society. Remind me O learned college boy how Chinese people feel about society being disrupted.

wow you're right burning oil for lamps is the exact same thing as burning gas to propel a car. It requires the exact same level of scientific expertise

That's why the first Maserati was built in 1000 BC by Jing Ping Xi

everything i know about him points to him being extremely talented, but i am certainly not qualified to decide who the greatest mathematician of all time is.

The source is the bell curve

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3682183/

5-10% of the white population is capable of intellectual achievement. And that's the proportion that CAN achieve, not the part that does. The proportion has been going down for two centuries, while the averages for Asians and Indians has only risen. Victorian whites may even have had higher IQ's than us.

Compare that to China. 40% of women in China get STEM degrees. There are regions where the AVERAGE IQ is as the cutoff for intellectual achievements/creativity. Over 85% of China's top officials have STEM degrees, compared to Law, Business and Legacy backgrounds for American politicians.

lol

you're literally retarded

last response boyo

nope and its not even close.

guass, euler, riemann, hilbert, fourier.

>all fucking white males

he probably isnt in the top 10

Euler was the man.

lol nice "argument"

I love how the 95% of whites who aren't capable of inventing anything or even understanding how the process of invention works, so that whatever discoveries are made aren't seen with objectivity, but with a political lens, have the audacity to take credit for the inventions of and associate with the top .0001% of their race.

Pretty retarded

Mr Bean? No

And not a single African.

No idea, not a math person. But the idea that he lacked opportunity, specifically university access, is a simple lie. Whites were so happy to find such a bright wog that we brought him to fucking Oxford (Or Cambridge. Like I said, I'm not a math person, but this is such a simple case that does not matter).
Had he remained in that hut his whole life it could be claimed that he was denied access to university. Had he applied, had money and qualifications, and been told, "no, your skin is too dark," you would have a grievance like Nehru's. But this is a lie like that pop cultural myth about Turing. I don't need to be a math person to see all the places that The Imitation Game diverges wildly from Turing's known life. In fact I predict a Wog Grievance Epic on this guy. I hope it's the next Slumdog and wins an Oscar and a BAFTA. But denied university access, from his room at Oxford?

asians are too autistic to recognize the difference

t. triggered chink

Asians are just walking talking drone insects who have been genetically programmed for subservience, obedience, conformity, and a profound lack of creative thought.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2842692/

>top .0001%

you're not even good with numbers either, lol

You can't even get the bell curve right

stay mad.

I graduated 2nd in my class hnors math from the top uni i canada.

top 5 graduates in math/physics were all white.

I dont take credit for any discoveries of the europeans, I just objectively acknowledge that they were (and still are) eons ahead of all other races when it comes to scientific thought

Probably. If he was telling the truth about finding equations on his arm, then the rabbit hole is even deeper than we thought. All this talk about heritage and all is garbage distraction then,

I'll add Cantor, he basically sacrificed his sanity for the greater good

you're not a math person but will still make a claim like "Gauss was the greatest mathematician"

That's a little strange to me

Not true. I am nowhere near the 95th percentile of IQ and I am doing just fine.

>40% of women in China get STEM degrees

Lol, my wife is Chinese and I've spent considerable amount of time in the PRC and that's not true. What you meant to say is that 40% of STEM graduates in China are women.

The mean IQ of Chinese in both rural and urban areas is 103, the same as non-Hispanic White Americans. Cities like Shanghai are often extrapolated for the rest of the country, but Shanghai is the most developed city on the Mainland which would create a skewed population distribution. As well, because of the Hukou system, the Chinese government control internal rural-to-urban migration in their country that artificially inflates the IQ (the rich and educated have been prioritized). As well, migrant workers and their children that number in the millions in these Tier-1 cities are forbidden from partaking in proxies for IQ, like scholastic testing. This how Lynn et. al. got their data. China was caught gaming the Pisa recently after it's been found they only let the top students at the top schools in Shanghai participate.

>Canadian "universities"

Your top 5 universities are literally rank 50-100 in the US

Here's a picture from MIT

This is 100% all the evidence we need to know you didn't even make it past a middle school understanding of academics.

Then you're still an autistic Asian looking at the wrong problem. The great thing about Occidentals as I have said is our laws, our society. That does not come from a tiny talented mountaintop but from an armed, stable, fat middle. Your societies are hell on Earth because they have no middles at all. And geniuses, finding themselves in English common law tradition, with its property rights and innate freedoms, will feel freer and more motivated to create than anyone under a progress-stifling thought-controlling change-fearing despot.
Your awful governments are the reason we conquered you and not the other way around. And your awful governments come from you, not us.

Nah he probably just fucked it

Yea I was typing fast, that was what I intended to type.

But you'll never make an original discovery. Most likely, you'll be applying whatever methods you learned in a semi-rote manner for a 2nd rate tech company

No, that would be John F. Nash Jr.

It's not an argument. Chinese fiftycenters are always bothering us about how they technically invented one iteration of something before we did, then kept it in an attic. Western inventions on the other hand follow the pattern I have described.

>Thought controlling, change-fearing despot

Like our current oversized oompa loompa climate change denier?

Like the people in the US government who refuse to upgrade our roads, energy infrastructure and educational system?

>Property rights and innate freedoms

Because the NSA, FBI and CIA really care. Because you middle rate whites' freedoms and liberties are so safe you're assured education, healthcare, housing, food and security, etc, right?

Those who can do, those who can't analyze and write about those of us who can.

>ctrl+F
>no mention of Andrew Wiles BTFOing Fermat

And you're not an English person judging by the meaningless adjective. Gauss is inarguavly a contender for greatest mathematician of all time. Maybe he isn't. But he is inarguably a contender and some of the stories (as I described at the time I said that, thereby making stranger your strangeness) are so obvious that they are clear even to non-math people.

This is just gibberish. You must be literally shaking.

No, you just have weak reading comprehension.

I'm pointing out how ironic it is that you're vaunting "Occidental Freedom and Willingness to Change" when America is the most anti-intellectual and least-free country in the developed world.

The majority of white Americans don't even believe in climate change. Whites have lost their edge on innovation on so many fronts, especially industry, materials and energy.

To be fair to the white race, Americans descend from the gutter trash of Europe who couldn't make it here.
Climate change denial and so on is almost unknown in Europe.

says the retard that can't even read a bell curve

It's funny how even today China has to steal new technology rather than invent their own

industryweek.com/intellectual-property/what-could-be-done-about-chinas-theft-intellectual-property

ibtimes.co.uk/chinas-great-brain-robbery-hacking-us-companies-national-security-emergency-1538590

>America sucks so bad
>that's why I am so oppressed as a proud transchink who don't need no cracka

So its either Gauss or Euler?

this is the smartest person to ever breathe air

How come Europe dominated modern science and mathematics?

Reminder that John Nash's phd thesis was only 30 pages long and spawned an entire field of mathematics / economics

>Can't even read a bell curve

just LoL

this retard thinks everything has to be right on the z

>when America is the most anti-intellectual and least-free country in the developed world.
How so? That's an extraordinary claim to be making without evidencee

White Americans outscore most Europeans. That's the reason we've produced so much more worth preserving than your "country.." Also why your unis are second rate. And why we don't make simpleton mistakes like what's contained in your post

>no Fourier

I was talking about general norms. You think that general norms can be contradicted with aberrant specifics? Why is it that almost no Asians can argue, is that what you mean by "harmony"? The current overreach of power is controversual because it is unusual. If these were Chinese or Indian security agencies, in an any period in history, would their overreach be unusual?

Because whitey kept the Chinaman down

despite not having much access to China until the mid 19th century so about 150 years out of China's 3000 year history. But yes you can still blame whitey for everything bad that happened ever.

Just look at our the current "historian" in this thread claiming that crackas are retarded and "got lucky".

After all asians are amazing historians, which is why their calendars are cyclical and animal based instead of chronological and number based.
>dude I'm like so good at math
>lol who cares about numbers math is teh gay

Again

There has never been an Asian or Person of Color that reaches the genius of Newton, Einstein or Gauss

why is this?

>putnam

there is literally 0 correlation with putnam and research output or potential. the studies have been done.

contest mathematics is just going to tons of summer camps in highschool and early college learning the problem solving skills and techniques then repeating ad nauseum.

Sure there is talent involved, I never even had at top 200 putnam, but its nothing compared to research level mathematics

>applying whatever methods you learned in a semi-rote manner for a 2nd rate tech company

Sounds like a dream job desu

The fact that you didn't even understand my argument just quadruple confirms how retarded and uneducated you are.

What exactly do you even think "reading a bell curve" means?

95% of whites are below 2 2/3 standard deviations, which is the threshold for original intellectual achievement and creativity (psychologists' words, not mine)

How come Europe dominated modern mathematics and science

and not Asia?

>8 places between Leibniz and Newton

Literally no asian in history has ever reached the genius levels of Isaac Newton, Leonhard Euler or Carl Gauss

why is this?

There is literally a correlation, since a far higher number of Putnam winners go on to do Fields Medal winning work and publish top cited papers than would be expected from a normal pool of mathematicians.

and yet the greatest mathematical minds of the 20th century were all white men

Grothendieck, Von Neumann, Hilbert etc.

not asians

For thousands of years in China under every different ruler, anyone who stood out too far was deemed a threat and murdered by the State. Chinese are products of a eugenics program for conformity.