Why Aren't You Getting Your Masters Degree?

Why aren't you pursuing your Masters or PhD like these upstanding people?

Other urls found in this thread:

brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/c/confucius/384348/confucius1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I...have a PhD in English.

>Nope
>Was dat?

I have a PhD in quantum chemistry. Shit is so cash.

I dropped out of college to pursue my lifelong dream of dying in poverty, shame, and obscurity.

>work 5-10 years due to arbitrary fuckery in department
>make what will ultimately become a footnote of forgotten work in your field
>shit pay and no respect the whole time
>when you finally get the PhD, people only want to hire you to find ways to skew tests to make their company look good
>otherwise you end up in academia trying to teach alcoholics the basics of your field for 30 years

Someone has an english degree... my PhD and other I know have allowed us to have awesome jobs that pay well. Plus, if you are looking for respect in this world you will never get it.

I have a degree and a certificate from a music conservatory. These days I only care about making music and making money.

I don't want to disqualify myself from jobs because people can't afford to pay me

already have a masters, but I need at least 2 different degrees, right? Maybe I'll start a new one next year.

>phd
I have a sister who has one in biomed engineering

Her advice, dont

brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/c/confucius/384348/confucius1.jpg

Opted out of college for the trade meme just broke 60k at 22 about to go to spain for vacation

>a black man in higher education

Literally pursuing his Masters.

Because it's a waste of time and money for some people.

So many people getting useless masters degrees

Because I'm still working on my undergrad.

Once I work for two years and save up enough money for tuition I plan to get a Masters in Financial Engineering.

Because I have one.

Because for every 1 white person a college accepts, they accept 5 minorities. Enrollment spots are being stolen, requirements lowered, and the scales are weighted against white people. Your valedictorian with 3 pages of extracurricular is getting shut out by a nigger with 6 months off (jail) and straight Cs on his transcript.

Look at the stats for medical school enrollment, and you'll never see a black doctor again.

Getting a PhD in Biophysics.

Planning on going into the hedge fund world when I'm done to make the big bucks. Academia is hyper-competitive and it pays very poorly.

I have my doctorate in physical anthropology.

Inb4 not science, physical anthropology is science since it's based on a biology degree.

>biomed engineering
>majoring in a respectable field

choose one and only one, kek

I think I will.

Because apparently having an MD just isn't enough to get residency anymore.

make that an art project and sell it for millions

I am and I got this loudmouthed intolerable negress in this program so bluepilled I almost wanted to defend Richard Spencer publicly but I cleverly saw past this Jewish trick.

I heard this from family in Brazil. Blacks that literally are illiterate, get into med school because of the quota. Leaving qualified people behind

You do not survive a PhD program in the sciences without being smart and without working.

Get a professional/vocational degree instead. Getting a doctorate without actively pursuing your career is a waste of fucking time.

I officially forgive Canada for the awful gets. Day of the rake postponed indefinitely.

In engineering 60% of the students aren't American so I'd rather not deal with that. May get an MBA in a few years since my company pays for it, but right now I'm happy making what I get.

true, hard sciences are harder to bullshit your way through.

however, you know what they call the dumbest kid to finish medschool?

"Doctor"

I actually know many people who do nothing and get their PhD at the end.

> t. PhD student in CS