As much as I don't like gommies...

As much as I don't like gommies, I decided to read The Communist Manifesto to gain some insight into how the modern left thinks. It turns out that Marx sounds like a raving madman and his ideas are quite incoherent.

gutenberg.org/cache/epub/61/pg61.html

So he wanted to abolish private property, but only bourgeois private property. I suppose that means property acquisition for the purposes of developing the land and producing goods? How does that make sense? Who, then, will develop the land and produce industry and increase the productivity of one's nation?

He then talks about how wages are so low that it doesn't permit the proletariat to create any of his own property. But it seems like the laborers he's talking about are those with zero skills. In that case, why should they move up in society? If they have no skills, their labor has very little value compared to those trained in the trades. Should people just be given something for nothing? That wouldn't make for a productive society. Their labor is worth nothing because anybody can do it.

It seems like his whole ideology is based upon fallacies.

Other urls found in this thread:

content.csbs.utah.edu/~ehrbar/cap1.pdf
instagram.com/helenowen/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reading propaganda designed for peasants
>not reading the actual economics book

But you can't deny how influential this pamphlet was. I just wanted to get a perspective that came directly from the source

The pamphlet was written for the masses.
It's goal is not to be accurate or logical but to simply be propaganda for a revolution.
In terms of actual economic thinking Marx was very similar to Smith and other classical capitalist economists on things like labor, what is money, etc.

Some autist was once telling me about a protocommie idea he had like how if you need a job, the gov should get you one. I played along. Are the jobs given based on the work needs or the skill of the worker? What if there is no need for skillless labor? Basically a 2 minute conversation because his position was clearly untenable.

This is part of the key but reversed. All welfare should require work...that is, jobs provided by the state.

What's the actual economics book?
I bought the pamphlet and plan to read it soon to gain an insight to the left

content.csbs.utah.edu/~ehrbar/cap1.pdf
Might take you a while and it's not really an interesting read unless you're into economics.

ty leaf
ill place this in my backlog
ill probably have to read some basic economics first

Do you identify with his Marx's economic ideals? You does it compare to the rights iyo?

>You does it compare to the rights iyo?
wat?
I'll just say that I don't see anything extremely different about his economic theories and that they are fairly standard, especially his views on money (money is gold, value based on the work it takes to acquire gold, basically same as Smith) which I believe are the one of most important things in economics.
He just believed that capitalism would naturally evolve into communism when a country becomes rich/industrialized enough.

>learning about Marx
>reading the Communist Manifesto

Pick one.

Pretty much this
Communists are children that never grew up, and figured out how to deal with life on their own terms.
They were coddled as children, and as adults wish to be coddled by their government.
It's really that simple.

what's wrong with learning about someone by how they write?

Source of girl?

Thanks in advance, appreciate it.

dont be lazy

instagram.com/helenowen/?hl=en

>Communist Manifesto
>modern left
Sure thing OP.

A lot, actually. Espousing a point doesn't mean that one actually believes it.

Youre gonna need to read a lot more friendo :^)

Marx didn't want to write the Communist Manifesto because he believed isolated communist revolutions would be doomed to failure.

It's an important historical document, but Engels deserves more credit for it.

fucking wa-la

DAILY REMINDER UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS WHO MARX' COUSIN WAS