sociaology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Afrikan History?
Womens Studies?
Victim complex 101?

Sociology major here. Yeah it is

Being educated isn't degenerate. Ideally, in a post-scarcity civilization, people should be able to study subjects that aren't economically practical.

But we aren't truly post-scarcity, and many people are indoctrinated instead of educated. Sociology has certainly degenerated into a vehicle of social engineering. Art is pretty degenerate nowadays, too.

Graphic design.

no, liberal arts are far from the most degenerate degrees. in fact most contribute to a more complete worldview and improve writing, with obvious exceptions like womens/african studies.

video game design comes to mind for the title of worst but i'm sure there could be worse ones.

Economy

They teach you to think everything is money, it's all about money, only money.

So being taught about maths in human actions and resources is degenerate?
I think you are thinking about finance not economics.

I would agree only because at higher levels, it uses circular reasoning to build models to prove theories and make theories that fit models.

Its starting to become a cargo cult.

This is not wrong

African American studies

Any form of cultural studies or sociology.

I'm not against people studying something "impractical", but those fields do a great deal of harm to society.

yeah this. it seems lots of those fields are driven by an agenda rather than being objective.

>finance not economics

Finance is applied economics.
Economic theories are updated each few years, just like global warming or psychology.
Fucking pseudoscience.

I'm sure the people studying those things would argue that objectivity isn't even possible, it's best that orient our thinking towards liberation.

So how do you propose people should organize resources then?

How's English Cultures and Literatures sound?

I'm not sure of having understood your question.

But monetizing everything is wrong and stupid.
I'm for a fascist type economy, small scale capitalism who favor middle-class and state controlled big industries with import-export tariffs.
Government decide what is best for the long run development of the state, regardless of immediate profit.

Gender Studies or African American Studies

Okay but how would you plan to get hold of resources you don't produce domestically? War?

State contracts, commerce, excanges.
But no free market for foreign trades.

This. How on earth do you study Gender? Anatomy and World History can equally give you opinions on gender rather than the bullshit gender studies.

Isn't the the west getting flooded with immigrants because economists tell officials it's good for out economy?

Engineering or computer science. In these majors you learn nothing, but mutely assume your role as a cog in someone else's machine, with no higher aspirations than making money.

Holy shit you're retarded and it shows you never worked for either a company or the government.

Or if you have, it shows your Italian Third-Worldism

Thank you genius.
Care to elaborate?

Computer Engineering, anything engineering.

If there's no free market, why having tariffs?

Everything is about money

Obviously arts are bullshit

Because you will compete with communist countries that lower their wages purposly.

ssssssssuuuuuuuureeeeeeee

You're fucking retarded and never had a job.

>Everything is about money
Which is exactly why people will throw away unnecesary amounts of money in an inferior quality product just because it belongs to a popular brand.

Civil and mechanical are shit

Not all country will adopt the same rules.
If a country is willing to sell me, let's say iron, but I already produce a little but insufficient amount of iron myself and I don't want to destroy my local production, I will put tariffs to the imported one.

Doesn't it counter the competitiveness?

>just like global warming or psychology.
>Fucking pseudoscience.
>I'm for a fascist type economy
>But no free market for foreign trades.
And i was wondering why Italy is getting shittier each year

Yeah sure buddy, sure

No it's mainly computer engineering that's shit.

brainlet detected

I don't understand English isn't my first language

Okay.
But what is this commerce you mentioned?

Why would you spent money in this shit?

Sorry I'm not an autistic freak.

You said that tariffs are useful for competing with communist countries which lower the wages purposely. If they do that, and you keep the tariffs, doesn't it make you less competitive for a third-party?
Because if the communists can lower wages, and still have tariffs, don't you need to edge them out with lowering the price of the product you are selling?

well, the import/export of the goods allowed by the state and regulated by tariffs.

Honestly man you can't just lower your prices I say let the free market decide.

So you are promoting a kind of mercantilism?

Yeah I support mercantilism

Advertising by far

>Posted from my Ipad

>gender studies

I had to walk to gender studies department to get to my stats TA office and the whole hallway in the gender studies department smelled like poop and moldy tampons

>poop and moldy tampons

second most degenerate degree
>日本ごをです

Finance

I posted them from my phone dumbfuck

Got my associates and then some in high school so it only took a year to get, hardly had to pay anything for it. I'm double majoring though, fortunately, because it's literally a do nothing degree unless you want to get your doctorate in it and teach the rest of your life. but yeah it's painful and by far the most blue pilled major, filled with a bunch of bitter minorities, feminists, and social justice warriors

You haven't read a single article, let alone book, on economics, have you?

You, sir, are and idiot

soros some niggers into chimping out in WI and MI then they will always vote republican

Just read what mercantilism is on wiki.

No, I would like to promote a near self-sufficient economy, in a pragmatic but non-draconian way.
Self-sufficiency should be a goal, not an absolute and immediate necessity.

And you're a fucking moron who makes literal non-arguments.

>hurr durr you don't use a computer your opinion is invalid.

any women's studies or other minority studies degree.

Got a bitch mad at me back when i was in uni when i asked what she planned on doing after graduation.

Geography major
Getting my masters in Glaciology
Hopefully masters

Trying to get my happy ass to McMurdo in Antarctica so I can shitpost on Sup Forums from the whitest continent on earth

derp hopefully my PHD

>Posting on Sup Forums
>Not being an autistic freak

Pick one, goy.

I'm chad as fuck Aryan as fuck smart as fuck social as fuck. I'm too smart for the average pleb so I come here.

You use a corer? that shit takes hours.

Sounds comfy to me m8

>A

Yes, I agree economy its pretty degen, but nowadys you have some shitty majors. I would say a majoring in gender equality its pretty nasty.

Engineering tops all in degeneracy

People need to come to the realization that in todays job market having a bachelors isnt enough

You need at least a Masters to be really competitive.

BTW if you wanna work in intelligence
Go be a Geography major with an emphasis in GIS

youll get a job no problem if your record is squeeky clean

Not everyone knew this in high-school and can't get these degrees.

Linguistics if you are not actually dedicated. Luckily I got through with good grades and got a wonderful job, but I can't stress enough the amount of times I see average cucks going in without the desire to even learn another language. It made me laugh every time when someone dropped out halfway through the semester and lost all that money for no reason.

>You need at least a Masters to be really competitive.
Bullshit.
If you have 2 years of relevant work experience, your Masters literally doesn't matter, especially not in software development.

I see.

I know im responding to bait, but... Here in his natural habitat we have the archetypal leaf.

This.

Business and Economic major here:

You are wrong user. In Economic you learn the the most valuable thing you have is time. You have to chose and maximize your utility in your restricted time.

And you also learn that money is unimportant, the only important things are goods and services. You don't want to know how much money you have, you only want to know how many goods and services you can get with it.