Politically messed up games

Skyrim doesn't have Nobility, no estates, no aristocracy...
Just Jarls with no courts.

Where's the merit system? Where are the manors!? HOW DO THEY COLLECT TAXES!!!???

skyrim is a reddit meme

>No city has a population over 50
Bethesda is shit

even if you add the more NPCs mods the cities are deserted

d-delet this!

At least Morrowind was made to feel "real"

>Redgaurd 6.63%

BLACKED

>Jearls with no courts
I mean they have the stewards and mages and shit, but otherwise yeah.
Better question is where you're for Imperials or Stormcloaks. I don't understand the "Ulfric is a elven spy" meme, but it's weird that the civil war bears an odd resemblance to the recent election

Between a rightful native king promising to restore Skyrim to former glory or a bitch being funded by a dying military state?

You retards seriously expected a game, with today's PC hardware, released for consoles, to realistically model feudal cities with accurate populations?

Play a real game like morrowind or oblivion fucking fag

Games like the first Assassin's Creed had more NPCs in a single city than Skyrim does in it's entire game. Don't get me wrong, AC is shit, but it was possible to have realistic populations back in 2007, almost 5 years before Skyrim released.

Intractable NPCs?

Skyrim should be renamed to "i lost something in a cave and i want you to get it for me"

Not in the same way you interact with the people in Skyrim, but nothing that couldn't be solved by Bethesda making an engine which isn't complete garbage.

No, but then again, you don't interact with 99% of people you see either. On too of that, at least half of Skyrim's NPCs weren't interactable past a couple lines of text.

It's like you never played sonic'06

>Mount and Blade
>The Witcher
>KOTOR
Bethesda are just shit desu

Yes I know I was just wondering.

>sonic 06
dont remind me

That's a mainstay of Elder Scrolls games though

ITT: Sup Forums with flags

With very simple AI packages, and many of the npc models being duplicates.

>Morrowind's Solstheim gave decent expectation for the Dragonborn DLC
>mfw it's tiny
>Thirsk doesnt even have a second floor and the 'Thirsk history revised' thingy book doesnt mention the Nerevarine or the Udyfrikte
>Nothing about the Nerevarine pretty much fucking building Raven Rock
>lol go find the stones again is a fucking joke since the island is minuscule and they show on the damn compass
>the story is just about getting 3 words then going through 'Ah, a seeker. Ah, theres the switch. Oh, a lurker.' Apocrypha and wiping the floor with a shit boss you couldnt care less about who drops garbage loot to boot

Bloodmoon's iceberg hunt was harder than anything in Skyrim and the spear of the hunt was top tier, dammit

/rant

Even Shenmue 2 managed to make bigger cities with loads of intractable people.

What is Novigrad?

Is KOTOR recommended or is it just your usual SW-fandom shit?

Eh, I'd say it was probably just because of hardware limitations of the past. They probably just couldn't afford to have more NPCs than necessary. Skyrim still does a poor job of making every NPC have a purpose anyways, so they may as well throw in 100 additional wandering NPCs in each city to at least add some realism.

hey nord

>55%
Worse than American smdh

It's better than any of the films anyway

Oblivion had way better cities.
But then again, oblivion was better at everything.

True but Morrowind was better at everything again. I dread to think how bad the next Elder Scrolls will be.

Play the Enderal total conversion mod instead. It's honestly a much better game, and it's free. It has an actual plot, better leveling and combat, and more interesting areas.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA NORD WOMEN AT?

Well, it was 2007, it couldn't have been perfect. But here we are a decade later, and Bethesda is still making drastically underwhelming cities. In Fallout 4, Diamond City was supposed to be the big, bustling capital of the commonwealth, but we still got some piss-poor shithole with less than 50 NPCs.

Beating the main quest in Bloodmoon takes longer than Skyrim itself, let alone any DLC.

>Morrowing fighting mechanics
>good

Lets not push it. The only game with a sillier one is the witcher 1

It's inevitable.
Last gen brought in lots of casual gamers and changed the market completely.

KOTOR and the Jedi Acdemy+DarkForces series are all very well written and way better than any starwars movie.

Kyle Katarn is the best, play all the PC games hes the protag of, and play Kotor(which is make your own)

You mean between an actual Thalmor spy and the only military force able to defeat the elves?
The Empire will rise again.

KOTOR I and II are great

are skyrimfags just norseboos? my name is rolf, would you date me (' v ' )

>Skyrim doesn't have Nobility, no estates, no aristocracy...Just Jarls with no courts.

That's the crux of the game's political intrigue.

Tamriel is a loose confederation of provinces, the capital of which is Cyrodiil, the seat of the Empire.

The province of Skyrim has come under scrutiny by the Empire due to its old ways -- local governance, heathen god worship, and anti-Imperial culture.

Talk all the shit you want about the game, but it's the last Bethesda title where the writers actually injected nuance and interesting politics into the story.

Bethesda's shit game engine. They abandon it completely I'm tired of stiff animations and towns with 10 NPCs.

Why are their shit RPGs so popular? The combat is trash and all the dungeons look the same.

>55% white

>jarls
>not nobility

If you can stand the combat system. I can't and can't play any those kind pf games.

The only one since Morrowind. Although the Empire was already collapsing by the end of Morrowind but Bethesda had to go full retard and leave it be so they could pull off a more LOTR-esque sequel.

Bethesda is probably the Jews of RPG game development.

>The only one since Morrowind.

Yeah, I agree.

Morrowind was great because the writers didn't have to worry about constructing dialogue around voice actors.

Skyrim is a happy medium between writing a huge script and having to pay voice actors to bring it to life.

Fallout 4 is a great example of how truncating your script for voice acting makes your game feel hollow.

>probably
>low content DLCs
>lol remastered Skyrim for $79.99 buy it goyim

Cyberbunk 2077 thingy will shit on anything Bethesda does next

Skyrim sucks ass. Needs buttloads of mods to fix and even then, the combat is still a chore.

>what is novigrad

fuck yeah no homo

Yeah, because it's so fucking fun to see the same 3-4 npc models over and over again, doing nothing, with the same voicesets.

I dunno, gameplay-wise, the Witcher became less of an RPG with every sequel.

What if you want to play a non-binary gender dragonborn?

Cis-scum oppression!

REEEEEEE!

more than TES?

>no more stats
>no more spellmaking
>no more mysticism altogether
>armor OR clothes and we lost armor bits like separate gauntlets the greaves or the pauldrons and clothes like the belt and skirts
>ditched Levitate because mountains add game time
>lol 1 ring
>probably forgetting more

fuck the easy mode compass too btw.

Ah Skyrim, the greatest game ever to be released at about only 40% completion.

Ah, I forgot the stat requirements and ranks in guilds

Skyrim guilds and colleges are a fucking joke

>custom enchantments
>actual stuff to do underwater

>>>reddit

Like most games, skyrim needed another year of development and polish before release. But bethesda would rather just let the fans do the work for them and plebs ate it up anyway