Cryonics

Hey Sup Forums.

What's your stance and opinion on cryonics?

A.E. the freezing of your body/brain/whatever body part that stores what makes YOU who you are, and then reviving you at a future time when the technology is available.

For ex:

>Terminal cancer of the lungs.
>Fuck dying.
>Get frozen.
>140 years later, lung cancer is cured.
>200 more years later, they figure out how to revive people
>You wake up 340 years later.
>feelsgoodman.jpg

If you disagree, why?

If you need more information, google "Alcor".

Other urls found in this thread:

proton-group.net/en/
proton-group.net/en/case/index.html
ifp-ltd.co.jp/img/proton-freezer-catalog-en.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hcUD73tQFbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kpasujT8ZyQ
catalinaop.com/dock-to-dish/a-case-for-frozen-fish/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>some retard pay you to have them frozen for 100+ years for a cure
> say yes
>freeze them
>they are pretty much dead
> there is a tank malfunction
>he dies
>take the money of the next retard

The tank can't malfunction.

It's full of liquid nitrogen.

Yes, they COULD run out of liquid nitrogen, but the cost of it is no more than that of a cigarette addiction, 100/ a month with no charge later on.

Forgot to add on, the entire process of storing the body requires NO electricity whatsoever.

There is no stance because when frozen every cell in your body is destroyed beyond repair. Super low temp hibernation is much more realistic but there is nothing substantial in it yet.

From what I have read, uou aren't frozen, your body is crystallized.

The issue is the time it takes to get there, if your brain cells die you lose what makes you you. If you were to be revived in a few hundred years you would have no recollection of your previous life

It's not freezing, my bad. I meant vitrification. Your cells don't actually freeze, they are cooled until the molecules slow down so much that any chemical process in your body stops. It works by removing all water from your cells, and replacing it with "biological" anti-freeze,

This.

That was true 50 years ago. It hasn't been true for a long time.

Well we know fuck all about proper vitrification methodology and they say that most things die in the process. Then there are other sources which say that different parts of the body need to be kept under different temperatures. Hence why I brought up the low temp hibernation.

Cells haven't changed in 50 years and our methods have barely changed. 50 years in a field with real funding gets plenty of change but 50 years with the funding they get is like 5 in a normal field.

I have been thinking about starting a company based on this.

You can just have people sign over their life insurance claims in order to fund it.

What does Sup Forums think?

Would start it in Silicon Valley, LA, San Diego, Boston, NYC

Method has completely changed. According to our current understanding, the previous methods would never have allowed revival by any means. Yet our current methods have been proven in animal trials to be completely survivable.

Supposing humanity is around in X years when it's all sorted out, would you like the future? Maybe it would be really bad.

But I feel you, leaf, it would be better to at least see it and decide than to never get the chance.

You can always commit suicide. You can't always survive 200 years.

What animals?

There are already plenty of companies for it in the US, try Europe instead

t. interested scandi

I'm doing it 100%. At least there some % chance of seeing the future. Imagine what will be posible in 50+ years... It's the only way desu.

the science is only JUST coming around to get good enough to potentially reanimate rabbits

the old tech was shit and dehydrated (destroyed) brain matter, so freezing yourself now is no good

You we can't bring Walt Disney back to life then?

Rats, a rabbit brain, and a whole pig.

>In 50 years the nation gets destroyed
>Enemy soldiers find your frozen corpse
>Shoot your frozen self for fun

I'd rather die.

Why even live then, you dumb fuck?

Again I remain sceptical on those because while we aren't destroying cell structure we are just preserving the meat. The hibernation shit is interesting, just like with animals which naturally slow their heart.

>souls
>real
Fucking abbos

By not being a frozen corpse, I have the possibility of defending myself. Besides, by 2066 I'll probably be dead anyway.

>he believes he'll turn into a zombie after death
Murrikans everybody!

1/10, you made me reply.

Well you could freeze yourself once you're 80+ that way you'll live out your life to the fullest and still have a greater shot at eternity that most of the christcucks will ever have.

I've read it's only like 30k or something for the whole procedure.

This shit will be legit in a few years I tells ya.

>The tank can't malfunction.
Yeah, sure. That's what they tell the customers.
They have 10 shiny tanks in the show room and after the idiot customers payed with life and money, the bodies get stored in some old, rundown meat storage.

Who's going to complain? Certainly not the dead.

That's a possibility, but what if another war happens? Or another one? What if power goes out? What if the program doesn't get enough funding? What if it doesn't work?

I mean sure, by 80 years old it might sound good to take the gamble, but it seems there are too many negative outcomes to make it worth while when my grandchildren could use the money for a new car or something.

I bet you could arrange for some kind of private funded tomb-like thing or something if you had the cash.

How is anything more negative than death?

Wars quickens progress. Power is not needed. The program was already funded by yourself for yourself. Finally, the options are as follows: 1- die; 2- die or live. I'm sure even a murricuck like you can figure out which option is best.

I am 100% signing up, it's a small price to pay for potential huge reward.

It all depends on Nano bot technology, we would need them to enter the body in the 100s of millions and repair all of your cells, once that is possible there is no stopping it.
Nano bots have already come along way, it is a high possibility it will work.

Don't listen to the religious fags on pol.

>Literal eternal aussie

Good lad

I had a VHS video (I used to record weird shit for audio sampling nack in the 1980s & 1990s ) of Alcor prepping a deceased female of about 70 years old for freezing, they were freaking out about a rubber drainage tube they had inserted into her anus but could not remove. "Just CUT the goddamn thing" a techie cried as they got the cardboard box (!) ready to wrap her in.

Alcor are snake-oil salesmen who literally don't give a fuck, but they were the only outfit doing this cryogenics thing back then. I heard they have Walt Disneys' brain on ice, good luck sorting that shit out

Unless someone finds the fountain of youth or reverses age, why live several hundred years in the future just to croak 1-20 years afterwards? Humans simply can not live forever, that's a fact, and one I've made peace with.

I will die between 2070 and 2080, it's likely that technology is advanced enough by then. But I also hope you could just go the cyborg route or normal immortality, i.e. cells regenerating without aging.

>humans can't communicate quickly between europe and america, that's a fact!11

Of course the latter option is the best. Cyborg is a complete con, though. Just like the clone-style teleportation (molecular buffers, etc.), it just means you're imitated and then killed.

There are frogs that can freeze solid for months and survive. They fill their cells with glucose which prevents ice crystal from forming and destroying cells.

You don't get it.

By that time techology will be so advanced that you will be able to replace every singe cell in you body. You could literally have a new body by then.

source?

The latest refrigeration technology is from Japan and is already being sold commercially around the world.

It is called Proton Freezing.

proton-group.net/en/

proton-group.net/en/case/index.html

youtube.com/watch?v=hcUD73tQFbQ

youtube.com/watch?v=kpasujT8ZyQ

It is already being used to preserve fresh food like seafood, meats, vegetables, fruits, etc without the use of additives by American companies like Catalina Offshore Products

catalinaop.com/dock-to-dish/a-case-for-frozen-fish/

Check the pdf file I linked for a quick lookup on the technology.

>Using a combination of magnets, electromagnetic waves, and cold air, the new refrigeration technology prevents cells from being destroyed by making sure no large ice grains are formed in your stored frozen meat because it is large ice particles from the freezing process most responsible for turning frozen meat into a mushy, flavorless piece of meat.

So with this new refrigeration technology, all your stored frozen meat can still taste fresh for months and the dethawing process won't be as complicated compared to if you had used a conventional freezer instead.

The new freezing technology is becoming quite popular among American seafood companies who are already using it.

Subhuman

See See Refrigeration technology is improving.

Once this becomes mainstream, frozen meat you bought from the store that has been frozen for months will still taste like fresh meat.

Not sure how old you are but it might not be necessary if tech singularity arrives first. If we can convince the world that everybody with an Iq over 150 has to breed 20 children then maybe it will happen in 30 years. Otherwise, will probably stay in this state of equilibrium where people are just smart enough to push others underwater to get to the surface but not to fly.

>Implying it doesn't already

Imagine what will be possible in 50 years time

The big question is if humanity will choose genetic modification or completely abandon the flesh for machinery.

There are arguments whether we will have human super soldiers or robot soldiers instead.

If we prioritize colonizing the universe, we might choose to become machines and abandon the flesh unless scientist are able to make Humans as Strong and Durable as Conan the Bacterium, the toughest living thing on Earth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans

Why are people assuming that the old contracts and obligations will still hold if this shit is real?
What about the language or culture of this new time.
Hell whose to say you will be able to even afford this "cure", and even want it.
I have read to many scifi books about this subject to think its a good idea.
I rather die or waste my money on experimental shit instead of giving it to a snake oil salesmen for the rich.

>I'd rather go with 0 probability of winning than non-0
>inbreds with (1 post by this ID) have been saying this many times ITT
Your nose is showing

You wont have to chose. It can be one or the other.

Your consciousness is the only thing that will survive, whether it's still in a state of a intact brain or uploaded on a nanocomputer.

You can always clone yourself a new nord master race body or live you life as an imortal cyborg. Your choice.