Dealing with Depression

I have a decent job but not much else. No real friends or gf.

I'm not that depressed, but nothing is fun or interesting anymore.

It's impossible for me to get excited about anything, and it's making life dull and sad.

How does Sup Forums deal with these feels?

>in b4 kill urself kek

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3321471/
mizar5.com/behavioraleffect.html
nap.edu/read/11571/chapter/9#206
fluoridealert.org/studies/luke-1997/
fluoridealert.org/studies/brain03_/
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11430087/Fluoride-in-drinking-water-may-trigger-depression-and-weight-gain-warn-scientists.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>nothing is fun or interesting anymore

That's what depression is, OP. It's not feeling sad all day. It's a loss of interest in things you once enjoyed.

Eating healthy and working out regularly helped me. Might be worth a shot.

Fuck off!

Never had a gf.
Never had a job.
In trade school.
I just read, watch tv, lift, and write a little while worrying I'm falling terribly behind and that all my hobbies and interests are only a way of filling a void and distracting myself.

You don't need to read beyond this post. Do these, for as long as you can and your depression will vanish.

Also stop fapping so much.

Get pets and smoke weed. Helps me

lol dude

how about don't be a fucking faggot

This. you gotta lift OP

why on earth would that work

Stop doing drugs, especially alcohol, start exercising, and get out of your comfort zone to look for friends and a gf. It's not going to just happen, you need to be proactive.

Luckly I have friends and family to keep myself alive. Literally the only reason why I'm still alive is that faint hope of seeing what happens in 5 years. A lot can change in a year OP.

I've come to realize my depression is caused by maybe early shit that happened in my life, also I had a distorted view of reality (almost like a liberal mindset, the world is a nice place where everything works out) and didn't work any real jobs etc. Then I had a midlife crisis. A lot has to do with morals as well. Being atheist/existential and truly believing doing anything in this life has any intrinsically value or worth only to eventually die and forget everything that has happened to you. So I just grin and bear it. Just continue doing the things you want to do OP. I don't know what goes on in your personal life.

Also people telling you to work out and get a GF are just projecting their own ways of dealing with stress and depression. I always wonder how much happier i'd be with a GF but I realize I enjoy being alone but maybe eventually I will find a qt that I can put up with. Stay strong OP. Just try not to think so hard.

t. a leaf

Thanks for the advice, anons. Sounds like some good ideas.

Same position as you. Drinking and smoking may seem to help at first, but it soon loses its luster.

My only advice is to make sure to take some time for yourself to relax. Whether it is exercise or reading in a quiet room. The exercise is important in the winter when you rarely see the sun. Take some vitamin D as well. Try to balance out your brain chemistry again.

You're not alone OP. Many able-bodied & talented men toss their own lives in the trash. Whether by incoherent despair or just out of pure, destructive hatred, they give up & party/chatter/slave everyday in an endless void--never wishing as they may have in childhood to become a great leader or builder. Your conscience may not have all the answers but I'm sure there is at least some inkling of greater worth than just:

>fix depression
>do fun things until die happy

TL;DR try to problem solve as well as recall old feelings

< But seriously good post. One day I hope to fight alongside the Northfriends.

>How does Sup Forums deal with these feels?

I drink copious amounts of the fermented Jew.

>tfw already lift
>tfw eat healthily

Can't shake it off; feels like I'm just watching myself go through the motions but I am never really here.

Depression?

Are you fucking serious right now? We're less than a dozen memes away from watching some of the most powerful people in DC, and indeed all the world, be exposed for unspeakable crimes against children.

Get it together, OP. We're talking about a level of satisfaction the world has never known.

You aren't alone OP ! It's the sign of the times! Millions of lonely depressed peoples just walking blindly through life wait ,hopeing for something to happen! You could rob a bank or something to get a buzz

Only dumb people are truly happy, user.

If your in Portland I'll be your friend.
You can come over and target practice with me.
I could use a employed friend.

Am always happy! Damn you!

Or intelligent people who dumb themselves down and stop thinking too much.

Quit being a fucking coward and find something you are interested in and go out and get involved in with it. Hire a dominatrix, go to a happy ending joint, get a hooker, get into warhammer 40k, start doing e sports, learn to weld, build an operating system, join a book club, start doing iron man events, run a marathon, start going bar hopping. Damn that's just off the top of my head. What are you so afraid of?

Quit being a fucking coward and find something you are interested in and go out and get involved in with it. Hire a dominatrix, go to a happy ending joint, get a hooker, get into warhammer 40k, start doing e sports, learn to weld, build an operating system, join a book club, start doing iron man events, run a marathon, start going bar hopping. Damn that's just off the top of my head. What are you so afraid of?

Take Wellbutrin

inb4 >pharmajew, it's an actually-legit anti-depressant. Non-SSRI with few side effects

I have no idea why you niggers post here

Take on a hobby that gets you outdoors: hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, sailing, whetever.

Trix

Wow Pizzagate cured my depression.

I taunted old friends with some red pills today via email
maybe they'll see em on Monday and get a laugh
>i just work and drink man.. get used to it.
>you're in for the long haul

I spend a lot of time alone in my house thinking about how much my life has gone downhill in the last year. Divorced, borderline alcoholic, a job that I hate, no family, no friends. I know the feel

I actually started hearing voices on Wellbutrin. Great medicine when it worked but damn pharmaceuticals can have crazy side effects.

I love burgerbros, visited the states a few times and you guys have the best places to eat.

People get caught up with their lives bombarded by other people with fame and fortune and "look you can become this!" Might be over stimulation of the senses and a lot of people fall to depression. Must be something to do with nothing going on. Much like in the past mankind was focused on just finding food and water to survive the day, or fight in wars etc. There was a lot more motivation in the past. We've come to an age where there is no war or strife and idleness brings contempt.

Apparently I have "treatment-resistant major depression" so I kinda know how you feel. I always feel so drained of energy too, and stimulants don't do the job anymore after I built a tolerance to amphetamines. I just bought one o those fan exercise bikes since Christmas means everything is on sale, so hopefully more exercise or getting the endorphins flowing will work out for me.
I talk to women and I could get a girlfriend if I wanted to, but I don't care about sex anymore. I've had half a dozen jobs, seasonal usually, between 16 and 21 (although I'll be 22 tomorrow) but I don't really spend a ton of money on myself. I don't work anymore either. I dropped out of two-year school because I wasn't passionate about anything I've come across and I wasn't looking to spend a shitload of money on some college with mega left wing teachers that don't effectively help me do anything.
I think a big part of things is that I think I remember things being better than they were, sort of like putting memories of tastes / feelings on a pedestal and expecting them to be as great or greater than the sort of exaggerated memories I have of how I feel when something or something similar happened.
Still looking for a passion, no results. Feels bad

I have bipolar and it's pretty tough, I can't take antidepressants because they make my mood swing worse. Mood stabilizers make me feel like shit, and I have to take antipsychotics too.

Luckily I have kek. Praise kek.

zoloft absolutely ruined my sleep
not good... i do appreciate the not giving a fuck effect it taught me however

A hobby like shooting is exciting and a lot of fun. Target practice is a nice way to kick the blues and turn that dull day into an awesome day.

I take Wellbutrin as a smoking cessession agent alongside cymbalta, which I just got on from like 4 or 5 years of side-Effexor. I'm on like 300mg XR of the Wellbutrin. I still smoke just as much and I'm still low energy and unmotivated. It's not something for me

I'm on a low dose of zoloft right now, it's definitely helped my depression but hasn't gotten rid of it completely. Yea I take Benadryl to sleep every night pretty much.

Get your arse off pol and get a hobby. This place does nothing but make people mpre depresses.

I need a fuckload of Benadryl or melatonin or something because with adderall I can't sleep for shit. It's nice to get some reading done but after day 2 of no sleep, the eye aches get mega fucking annoying

What are you talking about election night literally lifted my depression for a couple of days.

I'm in the same boat. At least you have trade school, buddy. I can't even graduate college, they dismissed me for poor grades.

I hate this kind of advice, it's literally "just try out different hobbies man, don't be a pussy!" Fuck off. The whole reason we're in this shitty mess is because none of that shit works and feels fulfilling in the first place. Build an operating system, kek, who the fuck do you think we are, genius savants?

I've been thinking about death a lot recently. I've been weighing religious, secular, and scientific explanations of consciousness after death. My research has been inconclusive (e.g. biocentrism), but I hope we at least get to reawaken as ourselves in another universe, fictional or whatever. Or perhaps, time dialation during a NDE that feels like an eternity, taking your time exploring the multiverse. That'd be nice.

hormonal/metabolic/mental changes

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Shrooms cure depression.

Keep making excuses for yourself then fag, good luck with your victim complex

this will sound weird but have you ever tried a ketogenic diet?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3321471/

Hello future me. What's it like working?
Also this shit fucking sucks OP, I just keep going. Eventually it'll get better right?

same here senpai

or they can exacerbate it.. need to be careful on this one..
I recognize the utility.. under the right circumstances

trump winning helped a lot

I now have faith that PC culture wont be the death of us all

Kek isn't real.

We divide human drives into three groups: (1) those drives that can be satisfied with minimal effort; (2) those that can be satisfied but only at the cost of serious effort; (3) those that cannot be adequately satisfied no matter how much effort one makes. The power process is the process of satisfying the drives of the second group. The more drives there are in the third group, the more there is frustration, anger, eventually defeatism, depression, etc.

[…]
Modern man must satisfy his need for the power process largely through pursuit of the artificial needs created by the advertising and marketing industry, and through surrogate activities.

Easily. Experience more pain. Desu doing?

Go to a strip club

I take 300mg now and it does work, but no pill will fully "fix" you.

i know the feel, ive been feeling the same recently. I feel as if I live in the abandon ruins of a dead civlization. When i go out no one is interesting but i still look forward to my runs every morning. idk the solution, i suppose time?

They have you on both wellbutrin and cymbalta?

Well, I find that creating something fairly regularly helps. It can be illustration, furniture, some simple craft. Ceramics is great, too. Even if you're terrible at it, once you cover your efforts in glaze, the results are satisfying.

Anyway, I find it helps in two ways. There's an initial satisfaction during and just after production. And then, at some significant calendar event (like the year's end), when you're wondering where the year has gone, a shelf or wall of stuff you produced marks time, and it feels like this part of your life hasn't been wasted.

It doesn't have to be genius level work.

workout

Stop using tooth pastes with fluoride, buy a reverse osmosis filter for as much of your water needs as possible, and generally avoid drinking tap water. Detox with boron, chlorella, spirulina, kelp, and zeolite power. Drinking lots of (filtered) water with fresh lemons will compliment the detox process.

Fluoride is a neurotoxin that lowers your IQ and can cause various ailments that we see in young people today such as adult acne, depression, anxiety, ADD, and being skinnyfat pussies. It calcifies your pineal gland which seriously harms your spiritual and emotional core. Until you get rid of this poison in your system, you have no idea what your default state should really be like.

Happy to be of assistance. Feels good knowing you didn't end up in Podesta's stomach, doesn't it?

Do some charity, it helps to feel good and useful

Take it some where else this has nothing to do with politics.

The fucking cancer on this board. I swear it's summer right now.

Show me some serious studies about it. Are you going to Tell me that's not good to vaccine your kids too?

Try heroin

What's with this whole fluoride meme I keep hearing about?
Is this shit real? Are we being attacked by the dental jew too now?

No I'm going to talk about vaccines faggot because it's not even in the same ballpark. The effects of fluoride are incredibly well documented.

Sourced summary of effects:
mizar5.com/behavioraleffect.html

IQ effects:
nap.edu/read/11571/chapter/9#206

Pineal gland:
fluoridealert.org/studies/luke-1997/

Reduced memory and learning ability:
fluoridealert.org/studies/brain03_/

All articles on fluoridealert.org are sourced by academic articles if you follow the links.

They've only been adding this shit to the water for about 60 years, and it's to 'prevent cavities' for fuck's sake. Look what's happened to people since then. Bunch of neotenous and directionless basket cases.

Leave it to be bunch of faggot (((dentists))) to trade our brains for our teeth.

NO!

Unfortunately in my experience, you can't really cure depression. You just learn to live with it. Of course, there are ways to lessen the thought (I.e. working out, family, career), but it's still there.

t. 30 year-old idiot

Fluoride linked to depression and weight gain:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11430087/Fluoride-in-drinking-water-may-trigger-depression-and-weight-gain-warn-scientists.html

Why are there plenty of people who don't give a shit about flouride and are not depressed?

None of these "studies" are from an A1, A2, B1,B2, B3, B4 or B5 scientific periodic. None of the informations here are valuable, you must know first where to search for before say any stupid thing like this. Fluored is harmless.

What the fuck? I just presented you with legit scientific studies. You must be a kike to think like that, or you're ingesting too much fluoride. Guess what else is 'harmless'? Not ingesting any fluoride. Try it some time, what do you have to lose? Not using your favorite toothpaste? Drinking water that's too clean?

good news you're already dead

This post is rightLooking for supplements, try ginger root and turmeric