Trades vs. professions

Why is it that "professions" such as nurse, engineer, etc. are praised, while trades such as mine are shit on in society. Like we're not educated. It takes four years to get a BS, it takes 4 or 5 years to get journeyman papers in the trades.

Bump

2 things I can think of. outright snobbery and high prices on services.

I even get it on here. I'm not (((college educated))), so I'm immediately dismissed as a moron.

Only a fool thinks education=intelligence. Tradesmen are probably smarter than your average college student.

On a side note what trades are making a lot of money right? Im going to college right now and its fucking gay.

Wouldn't worry about it. Make your money and enjoy your life. Half these fucks can't do what you do or couldn't bring themselves to do what you do. Trades are bad ass'd and should be respected. What is your trade?

I make about 32 bucks an hour. Average year is 80-95k. But, I feel like a loser.

Thanks man. Well, I was a tool and die maker from age 20-30. Did a 4 year apprenticeship. When I turned 30 I switched careers and became a millwright, another 4 year apprenticeship.

>On a side note what trades are making a lot of money right? Im going to college right now and its fucking gay.

I would say go electrical. They seem to have the steady work/income stream. If you are a fuck off like me that enjoys being laid off, go boilermakers or millwright.

Good solid work. Without you modern society would fall quickly.

Do you prefer Millrat or Millwrong?

>Do you prefer Millrat or Millwrong?
Heh. I'm employed directly by a steel company, so I'm no rat. Just went through a 7 month lockout last year at this time. I went and got a CDL and became a tanker yanker for a short while. Another deplorable trade.

>"So what do you do for a living?"
>"I'm a plumber"
>tfw you can see the enthusiasm drain from her eyes
I hate women lmao

So find a woman with a blue collar background.

that's too many goddamn words for one shirt

I'm an engineer and I respect you senpai. God knows I've seen enough liberal college students to respect the blue collar workers who voted for Trump.

Because anyone can go to trade school. Up until recently, not anyone could go to college. Now with shitloads of colleges printing degrees not worth much it's about the same, but look at it like someone at a good school (think flagship state school/state tech school and up as an analogy). Now there are shitloads of east [enter state name] university or some small liberal arts school nobody has ever heard of where the degrees aren't worth much. They've screwed the system for those of us that went to good schools.

>about to become a sailor
Will people look down on me?

It's not gay if you're underway

>I'm an engineer and I respect you senpai.
aww I don't need your respect, desu. Let's just help define "working class".

>not telling her you're a hydraulic fitter/pipe worker

women are stupid user, they wont know the difference

It's not gay if you close your eyes.

I don't think you're a moron because you didn't go to college, though I do think you're a moron for using the triple parenthesis. More indicative is where you used them: you're bitter.

Doubt it, though I think there is a statistically significant trend for college students being smarter than tradesmen either.

Merchant Marine or Navy?

Thats why they need to rebrand to something like "Water Distribution & Disposal Engineers"

I learned a long time ago to not call myself a "programmer" but to instead call myself a "Software Engineer"

Lol idk. Tradesmen make fucking good money in citys.

You'll have a lot to learn, and those who have been in longer will look down on you until you prove your worth

Merchant Muhrine

Rosie The Riveter already got blacked though

>millwright
Bunch of glorified day laborers

t. Electrician

>More indicative is where you used them: you're bitter.
Ok. Let's talk about that. I have had to hear the MSM talk about "uneducated" Trump voters for the last year.

I know that, I was talking about """professionals"""

My old mad was a MM. Served his restless heart well. Go forth and prosper, young man. The mill I work at is along a river, so I never get to see you guys.

He was right though....you put them around "college education" but not "MSM"?

Thanks senpai. Hope I enjoy it

>He was right though....you put them around "college education" but not "MSM"?

Ok, believe me, I think it is all jewish tricks. This whole class division though....this is new to me. Used to be I had a respectable trade. now I am an uneducated deplorable.

There is literally nothing wrong with bring a tradesmen. Where I grew up in blue collar America it is a respected way of life. I'm a contractor.

You must be keeping lousy company to think that.

"old man" I meant to say. Yeah man, I hope you love it. Be safe out there and don't forget the Fitz. Thanks for the ore.

>You must be keeping lousy company to think that.
I'm on the internet.

Do you just mean you get this kind of smug attitude from the Internet? If so then fuck 'em.

The people I associate with in my daily life know a trade is a fine way of life. You better believe chick's dig it too. It's a real man's way to make a living.

God Bless blue collar America.

WHEN THE GALES OF NOVEMBER CAME EARLY

>Do you just mean you get this kind of smug attitude from the Internet?

Yeah pretty much. But I've only ever been in the blue collar areas of PA and NV. Everywhere seems to regard us as scum.

you're gonna make me a hotty lad one day, i can smell those bulky biceps already.

tradesmen are interesting. I love learning about them. Civilization's first batch of educated men, not on hollow principles or half-truths but instead knowledge on the workings of the world and the splendor found in dedicated craft.

Like other anons say the "intellectuals" can't do what we do so it's their money in our pockets. I live in a trendy area is CA and have never noticed any disrespect sent in my direction.

plumber = turd herder

That was beautiful.

Ok, here it goes.......some people use their brain to make money, some people use their muscles. Is it really that foreign of a concept to you that the people who use their brain to make money might hypothesize that the reason you are using your muscles, instead of your brain, is because you dont have the necessary intellectual capacity to do so?

>A son looks at his father and says "Daddy, one day I want to be a great scientist like Albert Einstein". The father looks sadly upon the child, he has seen the test scores.....he knows that the dream can never be....his heart breaking he provides the sage advice his father once provided to him. "Son, find a good trade and master it. Use your hard work and determination to build a life for your family"

professions and trades should be lumped in together, they're all better than shit like

"consultant" and "barista"

>good schools
You think the "good schools" aren't doing it too?

How many niggers do the let in with shit test score again?

>Ok, here it goes.......some people use their brain to make money, some people use their muscles. Is it really that foreign of a concept to you that the people who use their brain to make money might hypothesize that the reason you are using your muscles, instead of your brain, is because you dont have the necessary intellectual capacity to do so

My heart told me to follow this path. Plus, I love the bantz and the freedom that comes with it. But, I still get downtrodden looking at my 125 year old house. There are some smart people here. I feel at times that I can't keep up.