Isn't capitalism great?

>Despite Scotland's "bitterly cold winter nights" -- with lows in the 30s -- the tent "was easier and cheaper than commuting from his home," one Amazon worker told the Courier. (Though yesterday someone stole all of his camping equipment.) Amazon charges its employees for shuttle service to the fulfillment center, which "swallows up a lot of the weekly wage," one political party leader told the Courier, "forcing people to seek ever more desperate ways of making work pay.

thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/325800/exclusive-amazon-workers-sleeping-in-tents-near-dunfermline-site/

Sup Forums will defend this

>bitterly cold winter nights
>lows in the 30s
what

What, not cold enough for you, you piece of shit?

>Amazon

oy vey, remember to read WaPo though goyim. We hate Trump so we're good liberals who you can't criticize.

>tents are cheaper than houses
NO WAY

>(Though yesterday someone stole all of his camping equipment.)
I see Romanians reached Scotland

I believe businesses should have a mutual respect. This is unprofessional.

Let me get the world's smallest fiddle for the poor little factory workers moving boxes around.

Just quit there two weeks ago after 3.5 years of service.

Absolutely the worst fucking conglomerate to work for afaik. Spent two years moving up until I started questioning why my friend was fired for talking about unions. Soon as I started questioning why our healthcare was getting scaled back I was blacklisted. Every manager past L3 would assume that my friends and I were plotting the downfall of the site and started finding excuses to pull people off the floor and fire them. Lost three friends on one day, two of which had been there since 2012 and opened two buildings for them.
Finally had my fill when they decided to threaten me with termination for saying "fuck" when someone stole my phone from the break room.

Never fucking buy from them, their stock will crash very soon. The entire business model is built around raising the stock as high as possible because they assume that they can continue to grow the company by 200% in the next two years despite refusing to raise wages for the FC employees.
Currently the average forklift driver in my province pulls 17/hr+. Amazon pays 13/hr and will tell you every month that the reason you get paid less is because of your benefits that shrink every fucking fiscal year.

Ask me fucking anything about warehousing level shit and I will tell. Also have friends still in management at a national level that tell me all the good bullshit fuckups and mismanagement moments that happen in Canada and parts of the US.

My fault I forgot you folks don't know what cold actually is

He has a house. He just doesn't want to commute there because, lacking a car of his own, he's reliant on public and private transportation, which costs money every day.

Who gives a fuck about your shitty job. The real topic here is why don't Brits own cars?

>Despite Scotland's "bitterly cold winter nights" -- with lows in the 30s
>bitterly cold
>30s

>The entire business model is built around raising the stock as high as possible because they assume that they can continue to grow the company by 200% in the next two years despite refusing to raise wages for the FC employees.

It's all going to be automated soon. They don't need to raise wages because people need the jobs bad enough, and they don't need the meatsacks much longer.

You're American, you don't consider that to be cold because you have your fat folds to keep you warm in sub-zero climates.

You could be dropped off at the North Pole in the nude and you'd probably survive for at least a year.

You fat piece of shit.

>Customer Obsession
Prostrate yourself and ruin your personal life to make sure some asshole gets his Keurig and dragon dildo by the 23rd

>Associate experience
We're gonna give you free coffee and donuts one day during december to beat down the fact that we're paying you 30% less than everyone in the country working your job and forcing you to do consecutive 60hr weeks for an entire month

>We make safety a priority
By firing anyone and everyone who you don't like by accusing them of safety misses that get others a slap on the wrist, while simultaneously making sure everyone is too afraid about injury reports to keep working despite your sprain or pull

I've known a few people who work at Amazon from floor level to industrial engineers. They all say that it's literally the worst company ever. Most of them work elsewhere now.

They're actually pushing HARD for robotics to be replacing everyone soon, they're already opening an FC up here that'll have less than half the people needed, soon as they figure out how to replace packers with robots the jobs will start dropping while the tax incentives keep rolling.

Must be quite a contrast to the Middle Eastern climate you're used to.

>Amazon charges its employees for shuttle service to the fulfillment center
What? Isn't getting to work an employee's responsibility?

>Scotland
>Capitalism
Maybe he should just quit, start doing heroin and live off of benefits like everyone else in that rocky shithole. Scotland was better off when the only occupants were English cattle.

>can't afford the commute
>still works at amazon

Who is to blame here? I dont know.

Bunch of pussies.

I slept in snow caves in boy scouts in middle school whenever possible. Often for 2-3 days at a time.

IN A CAVE

MADE OF SNOW

With a tarp, sleeping bag and candle.

That damn candle had to be blown out because it would overheat you in minutes.

FUCK YOU FAGGOTS

Not surprised by this based on all the silly mistakes they make this time of year. Even had an item arrive with no packaging and all the shipping details stuck directly on the product ruining it.

not even close. that's pleasant early winter camping weather.

That's bizarre. I live a few miles from an Amazon fulfillment center and I know a bunch of people that work for Amazon, both there and in their Seattle offices. They have legitimately never had anything but praise for the company.

Wonder why Scotland is different.

>Get a cheaper place closer to work
>Get a different job

hmm.

no i wont, kike Jeff Bezos owns Amazon, and the jewish washington post, which slanders Trump daily

hope trump stops this uncaring maniac

Top kek

nice try Amazon HQ

I worked for Amazon (L6) in Germany.

Worst Job i ever had and everyone who praises this company is flat out lying.

>one corporation is shitty (mostly because the government gives them an unfair advantage by letting them not pay taxes but lets ignore that)
>THE WHOLE ECONOMIC SYSTEMS TERRIBLE!!!!

what a retard how did he even get hired in the first place?

>It was a dragon dildo

>bitches cant even pick up after themselves

wtf happened to leave no trace?

Amazon keeps spamming my inbox with anti-Trump articles from the Washington Post.

Really? My girlfriend's cousin was the manager in charge of rolling out Amazon Prime Now out here. They treat her like gold. Just recently, they sent her to Tennessee for a few weeks. Gave her a company credit card and $10,000 USD for "entertainment". She makes great money, and they seem to take pretty good care of her. They ask a lot - weird hours, etc - but she doesn't mind, considering how much she makes. Most of the other people I know that work for them are at their fulfillment center, and while they don't have it as cush as her, they certainly have never complained.

It seems like it's a US/Europe thing, because it's a pretty sought after job here. As far as the automation goes, they started doing it but deliberately only automated in a manner that allowed them to keep actual employees. The robots help them, rather than replacing them.

They've also dialed down their work weeks to 30 hours and given everyone a raise so their pay stays the same.

I wonder why there is so much asymmetry.

Why don't they quit?
Amazon is taking advantage of the retarded people willing to do those crazy things to work there, if they have no people to fill those jobs and they know why, they will raise those wages or better the conditions of the workers

I mean, realistically, almost all of the work done at the FCs is unskilled labour. I've been working as a part-time employee at a Ford PDC for over a year now and the fact that the full-time permanent employees now make over $36/hr + benefits is astounding. Granted, they're backed by a huge union and work in the auto industry (and had ridiculous precedent for strong bargaining ability because of the auto pact), but it's still amazing. I mean shit, as a temporary worker, I make almost $21 base wage plus a 50 cent shift premium for working evenings.

That being said, the employees at my work are all kinds of pissed with the mediocre deal that UNIFOR pulled out for them last month. Sure, they finally got a raise for the first time in +10 years and each of the "Big 3" companies has promised significant investment in their Canadian operations, but everybody is disgusted by the fact that Ford has been making record profits for the past few years and essentially refuses to pass it on to their hourly employees.

> infiltrated but didnt sabotage

you a failure

atleast your friwnds inside will learn from ur mistakes

This is the problem.
Tier 1, the average worker, is paid just barely above minimum wage, usually 120% of what it is in that part of the world. Codemonkeys and kids out of college make the same.

Tier 2 is basically nonexistent and make exactly that, but are usually in IT or Facilities, and have more training from a trade ticket or what have you.

Tier 3 is a supervisor role that usually means 12-13hr work days without cause to go home on time, and are paid around 3 bucks more than minimum wage, and almost universally burn out within a year due to stress.

The big gap is anyone past that.
Tier 4 make 20/hr+ along with around 10-30k yearly in stock.
Every single step up from there makes around 20k a year more in salary alone, alongside bigger and bigger stock dumps.

This means that anyone working a job within the company that is above warehouse shitter will sing praises left and right and the company will use that small percentage of the company to counter any claims of worker abuse.

the only reason those Scottish cunts can't affording housing is because they spend half their wages on heroin.

It's not the same for them bro, there is like 2000 thousand of them over on their tiny island of Islam. it's Haram or something.

Amazon workers are the new miners kek

I actually got two managers fired, created a site-wide mistrust in HR, got ten people to leave with me in the next month including three supervisors and a Data Analyst. Would've loved to kick my HR manager in the cunt as I left though.

That's the thing, it's a good place to get six months of experience before you move somewhere else, but the permanent boys get nothing more than 2 weeks vacation that accrues 2.5hrs/paycheck. People stuck there because the job market is so bad or they didn't want to go into massive student debt are stuck making just barely above minimum wage after years of service and being told they're lucky.

Will we have a movie about a worker and a drone going head to head in an amazon facility?

>largest online retailer acts like asshole
>99% of others in same industry do not act similarly
>"FUCK capitalism!!!"

really makes you think...

As someone that would run the numbers and determine if I would have a net positive by sleeping in a tent and then WOULD sleep in the tent.
I feel nothing. Those guys went hard, if you actually google all the works actually own houses and are trying to cut down on commute costs.
inb4 le shill I live 150 miles away from where I work. I work in town and go home to stay with my wife on the weekends.
You gotta do what you gotta do. If the price was right I'd be in a tent. I have an APT out here.

That's unfortunate that is how it works there. As I said in my previous post, they actually gave all their employees a raise - taking them well over that 120% mark - in order to cut back their work week while preserving their paycheck. That applied to everyone, both the gfs cousin and the folks I know at the fc. I belive the cousin is a tier 6, but she may have just gotten a promotion. She's also never been to college, she was able to reach that position without a degree. She might have an associates, but that's basically high school here.

It's got to be a location thing, because they sound like they're pretty shit outside the US.

>"bitterly cold winter nights" -- with lows in the 30s

>scotland
>bitterly cold

kek. maybe 10k years ago when there were glaciers a mile high

A polish guy at work told me I can save a lot of money if I buy electronics online from England. Now i know why.

Struggling in 30ish degree weather.
Europeans have it easy with Atlantic water currents.

Chicago is Moscow status and has the same latitude as Rome.

>pic related: I converted to Celsius to be easier on your euro eyes

master honeypotting
bang all your supervisors. organize orgies for them and film it. order crack whores to the orgies etc

jesus christ...

>Amazon
Bahahahahaha!

Far as I hear FCs in the US are the most livable, but then those are the places sticking ambulances outside during summer instead of just paying for AC.

That is the saddest part.
HR manager was fucking a dude at the site who worked for safety.
Everyone knew but was too afraid to say anything and get her fired since even the Site Leader is afraid of HR because they are an unrivaled power.

I could've said something and I didn't just because I forgot to do it the day I left.

someone could make a killing if they build an apartment building near the amazon warehouse lol

>guy chooses to live in tent because its cheaper

Isn't people doing things how they want great? I mean, grrr we should have the police destroy his tent and tax everyone to make sure this never happens again!

30 fahrenheit is only -1 celcius, so basically summer.

>was gonna apply to work at the Amazon or Fedex FCs 20 mins from my house
>hurt my knee for the THIRD GODDAMN TIME THIS YEAR, can't do physical labor for awhile
>read this thread
Well at least I dodged one bullet

>Six months experience as a picker/packer in a warehouse
Be it six months, six years, or sixty years, the experience is pretty worthless on a resume outside of similar work (unless your resume is completely devoid of prior work experience, I suppose).

I still wholeheartedly agree that $13/hour (not even two dollars more than min wage in some provinces) and 2 weeks vacation for a full-time permanent position is dog shit regardless or where you're working. Do hourly workers have regular shifts every week, or do their schedules change on a weekly/bi-weekly/whatever timeline basis? What do their benefits look like?

>People stuck there because the job market is so bad
Yet all you ever fucking hear is that there's a labour shortage in Canada. Cognitive dissonance. The only labour "shortage" that exists is a lack of superstar employees cropping up for large companies to exploit before the individual realizes they're being had and leave 2 years later for something else. Companies don't want to invest jack shit into employees anymore, they (for some idiotic reason) prefer to run through talent like a revolving door and just find an outside hire for an opening management position rather than promote from within.

You're set to 40hr weeks, four days a week which is actually pretty goddamn alright, assuming you're not doing physical labour. I borked by shoulder and knee beyond repair in my first year and a half and was lucky enough to get moved up enough that I was stuck with stressful work instead of physical work. Benefits are life insurance (Only while you're employed), about 200 a year for eyewear (Cut to 100 this year), 2k in dental (Cut to 1400/yr) and drug costs covered (In canada where I've paid a whole 20$ for T3s and nothing for the rest of my pain and athsma meds over the years). The benefits are a joke and useless to 90% of the workers, hence nobody actually utilizing them.

And yes that is exactly the problem, everyone wants some superstar motherfucker with 6 years relevant experience and a four year degree, while the only people able to afford college in BC are chinese and hong kong kids having their rich overseas parents pay for them, and not a damn person has work experience outside of zero experience starter jobs because nobody is hiring. Only reason I'm able to find work is that there will always be a demand for equipment operators.

Way to go you fat burger eating inbred fuck.

How come the people in your country are becoming more overweight?

>with lows in the 30s
>30s
holy shit what wimps.
>NH native here

How do I get free shit from them, I almost always buy from mom and pop shops but sometimes there's things that can't be imported from Italy or new zeland (for example) that amazon seems to have.

Yeah, I've been out of school since April (had an internship in May-June) and haven't been able to find a job in my field -- which coincidentally happens to be HR (job prospects *seemed* good when I was looking for something to do with my BA in Unemployable Soft Skills, and I'd like the chance to create an HR department that doesn't spew forth tons of SJW-y bullshit). Of the +100 jobs I've applied for, I've seen maybe 3 entry level jobs that required up to one year experience. Everything else is 3-5 years, management experience, able to spin plates while riding a unicycle, etc.. It's irritating as fuck to see the same positions sitting on job boards for +30 days, continuing to remain unfilled, because whoever is doing the hiring is a fuckwit who doesn't understand that running an HR department doesn't require a whole lot of, well, anything in particular.

By bitterly cold you guys dont think they're talking in Celsius do you? its Fahrenheit

Order your package, pay for it, and say that it arrived one day late if it arrived on the promised date and got sent to a post office or whatever.

If it's a book, just tear it a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit and take a photo.

If you order more than one thing, just say that second thing was missing.

The pajeets they pay to do customer service will bend over backwards and I've got at least three instances of free same day shipping, and one free big ass comic book from them by straight up lying.

I know how it is man, I'm getting more offers now with just proof that I had the shit to move up without a degree than my friend with a 4 year medical degree and another with 2 years of network development.

Bezos actually isn't Jewish.

>30s
>cold

One of the women I was working with at my internship (new hire, she started about a week after I did) said that even with 4 years experience in HR/Business admin for a small business, it took her about 6 months to get a job.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

>One employee
>the tent "was easier and cheaper"
No shit. Not necessary. His decision.
>You don't have to work there
>People thing they just deserve better
Being in EU by definition is not capitalism. And as always.
You are free to sleep in a tent if you want to save money.
I won't buy you a fucking house.

Thanks man, I will put this knowledge to good use.

>with lows in the 30s
>30s

>Kelvin

Spread it, fuckem.

Around the holidays they are especially easy to scam.

To think I actually considered working there

Capitalism was formed on men who worked hard. Who earned for a living. Now its become another shit tier form of ownership. Lazy fucks who do nothing and profit of the actual men who Work. Capitalism has turned into a new form of slavery.

Not really. It's a way companies can externalize costs.

I got a question for you leaf bro

I ordered a 1060 from them and it arrived like 7 ish days ago

Can I call and lie and get another free? Or is it too late?

capitalism only works in somalia and bangladesh

>Chicago is Moscow status and has the same latitude as Rome.
I noticed that too, england is at the same latitude as the "frozen" wastelands canadians refuse to live in.

Thats pretty fucked m8.
who am I suppose to buy shit from now?
new egg keeps trying to fuck me, and now amazon keeps trying to fuck their employees and I cant justify doing business with them anymore.

>This means that anyone working a job within the company that is above warehouse shitter will sing praises left and right and the company will use that small percentage of the company to counter any claims of worker abuse.

Don't think this is true. I'm a software engineer at Google and all coworkers who came from six figure salaried positions at Amazon have nothing but bad things to say. Supposedly they work their employees half to death and provide bare minimum benefits. They talk of stressful, overly competitive environments and no worker appreciation. Apple is largely the same way. Then they come to companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter (before the recent round of layoffs) and find that the pay is the same, benefits are better, and the working environment is a lot more laid back with a way bigger emphasis on employee well-being.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general I've never heard anything good about working at Amazon, even in a well paid salaried position.

You're right, we should adopt Communism so that we can all be equally freezing and hungry. It's the moral choice.

American capitalism on the march

wrecked

I been places so cold the flame from zippo froze. I'd have to break that flame off and rub it a bit until it melted before I could start a campfire, which also froze.

Nah you're probably fucked, bud.
Unless you wanna take some pictures of that thing fried out due to a soldering mishap that you're claiming was in-box, you're out of luck.

My mistake, should've said coders and warehouse. My girlfriend does software development for a small firm and several of her friends from college ended up at Amazon's vancouver offices coding, all say it's abhorrent shit.

Of course I will defend it, why in the name of God should It be a company's responsibility to make sure you spend your money wisely?

Not making enough, get a new job then you lazy faggot.
No jobs? Then fucking move.
No one is forcing you to work for Amazon, you are doing it by choice.

Just more fucking modern crying by faggots.

>WAAAAAAHHHH I'M NOT HAPPY
>IT'S MY COMPANY'S FAULT, NOT MINE!

haha oh wow haha

Don't see much Romanians except in the city center begging for cash. It would of been Irish pikies.

Cold for anyone within a urban area.
Soon as you leave the city into country you get snow higher than a bus.

that burn

Oooh you're well hard you