Do Australians have culture?

Do Australians have culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. Even the USA has more culture and a richer History.

Looks shit desu, needs more Somalians, a lot more Somalians to be exact.

who gives a fuck?

Seen any white people in London lately?

Yes cunt, the fact that when I imagine an Australian some bogan with a rolled up button shirt, bush shorts, folded cap, and leather work boots means you have a culture. Fuck off with anyone who says different

Mad drinking culture.

They tend to emulate America most of the time.

You're literally redneck Californians.

if there was a gook bashing, indian bashing, chink bashing, kike bashing, muzzie bashing and nigger bashing there would be

Wtf is this?

You used to have until globalism took it away.
>muh "One Ford"
>muh "Project Erich"

Fucking google.

PPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRTT

>Do Australians have culture?
Yes, because I've adapted to it.

t. poo in loo

red face anglos butthurt wogs are stealing their women. kek.

Only an Australian would ask the question "does Australia have a culture"

If you asked any other country what their culture is, they would think "it's the way we live our life, the food we eat, the festivals we celebrate, and the values we hold".
However, when you ask an Australian what Australian culture is, he thinks "It's all the ways in which we are different from England and America"

For example, an important part of culture is cuisine. What is Australian cuisine. We eat cereals, sandwiches and roast meat. But that isn't considered Australian because they have that in England. We need to bring meat pies and sausage rolls to attention, because they don't have that anywhere else. Even though we don't eat it that often.

So for us, our culture isn't a complex set of moors, values, dresses, foods all shaped by our history and the land we live on. It's a sad string of "Australiana". Our rubber thongs, our akubra hats, our "G'days" and "she'll be right"s, and prawns for christmas. All the other aspects of our way of life seem to be discounted because we share them with the other anglo-saxon countries.

This gets especially noticable when Australia needs to demonstrate their culture on the world stage. The tacky Australiana gets bought out.

And as far as I know, Australia is really the only country where this phenomenon is so pronounced.
You don't see Japan feeling self-conscious about their chinese influence, or belgium about their french influence

I feel this, user.

I guess the way I see it is I kind of take Western culture (specifically British and American culture) as my own, along with the few elements of Western culture unique to Australia, and leaving out the elements specific to the UK and USA.

We're basically a cutting of the UK which has taken root anyway. We have our differences, but our DNA is largely the same.

I view the foundations of our society, such as individual freedom, democracy, and steak, as being just as much ours as they are the UK's or the USA's.

>tfw one ford could have meant new Falcon based Crown Vic

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

Ahahahahhahahahah.

Ahahahahahaha

Seriously though.....

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Outsode of Ned Kelly and being racist to a Queer Abo on a Thursday night because you might secretly be into Abo lost genneration faggots, the majoroty of straight Aussis have no redeemable skills outsode of traveling the US post university and getting piss drunk in another contenent.

Australian interlectualls....ahahahahhahahahahahbabsb

The whole 30 million of them are absolutly worthless.

Rare non-shitpost Bruce what has gotten into you

Australian geo-politics has meant that we've always had to ally with the maritime power (England then US). The core convict culture, with the Southern Cross, Australian art, the idea of a white working man's paradise is constant and latent, but not realised.
We're like the US if it could never break away.
I think that's what's being confusedly reached for.
We know that we're not just an outpost of Europe, but very few people get to live Australian. It's why we idolise Ned Kelly. Maybe why the Bikies are so big.
Australia is an egalitarian fresh start - but not religious like America.

Australia is about a harsh open space, the Southern sky overhead, and your mates, and shitposting, then of course the English and American influence.

fuckin oath we do cunt

>We need to bring meat pies and sausage rolls to attention, because they don't have that anywhere else
what

Shitposting.

idk I kind of like it

I think blowing hollow wood pipes is breddy cool culture tbfh

You have Kangaroos.

You don't need culture when you've already got Kangaroos. Don't get greedy.