What are the odds that we exist in a simulation?

what are the odds that we exist in a simulation?

what is our purpose

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to pass butter

Our minds are the robots and this perceived reality where we view ourselves as apart from everything else is the Matrix. The mind feeds on the suffering it perpetuates and this keeps the illusion going.

70% in my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

>Assume that at some point in our future we have the ability to create very realistic simulations.
>At that point everyone will be running all kinds of simulations
>There will be one "real" world and thousands of simulated ones
>The probability that you are in the real world is 1 in thousands.
>The question is, has this happened yet?

Purpose is irrelevant. We exist because we can.

>Implying we exist for a reason

Top tier joke, friendo.

i like you, you are alright user

good movie

More than likely. Physics seems to point to that right now.

Our purpose is whatever you want it to be. We have no inherit purpose, just what we want. I think a life being happy and loved is all anyone really wants. If we're in a simulation or not, it doesn't matter because its all we know regardless.

>be Sup Forums
>use a term two transgender jews made up to describe the process through which they learn bitter truths

More like the concept of "reality" is incomprehensible now

Which is why scientists find it hard to accept the fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics

What if

>one of your simulated worlds END UP making their own simulation

Would you question your own world?

Pretty high. If you kill yourself right now to try and break the simulation, there's a good chance that action was preplanned. Unless we're AI with so called freewill. But I think it's more likely to be preplanned, randomly generated from an algorithm. Like NPC's in a game.

>what is our purpose
Why do people need to be told what to do so badly? I never understood the purpose meme.

I believe it is very likely.

Ancient religions pointed in that direction. Not like Christianity. Kind of religions that were right about the evolution of the universe and life, and much more, never wrong with flat earth and shitty prophesies.

My personal experience in mathematics makes me believe it.

My strange communication with something makes me believe this.

I think that the universe was created for the entertainment and enlightenment of another civilisation. A videogame of sorts.

It's impossible to know. We are either in a simulation, or one of the lucky realities that will someday evolve far enough to create said simulations.

But to us, it really doesn't make a difference. A simulation THIS detailed is likely based on reality anyways. So we can continue living our lives as if it's not a simulation because for all intents and purposes we might as well be.

The real question is: Who among us are NPCs and which one of is the the player character? My vote is that Tom Cruise is the player character and his younger brother jacked the controller for the whole "Scientology" fiasco.

>My strange communication with something makes me believe this.

pls elaborate

as much as i agree with the rest, specially the math (anyone math and pattern oriented i think has the same problem, we just accept the cause and effect by intuition) im curious what do you mean by communication with something.

As much as simplified it is i always liked the 'game' metaphor. I can almost imagine the programming of a Mars Rover or something, going through all the options, one by one like a tree, how to best avoid that damn rock feels like a conscious decision making.

we are all npc is some god damn school project of a game, its not even AAA its a shitty Indie one.

Any of the range of reasons for which we also make simulations

Elon Cuck said this so 0%

>We are either in a simulation, or one of the lucky realities that will someday evolve far enough to create said simulations.

Or both. It could be simulations all the way down.

Bout Tree Fiddy

resarch plank time = refresh rate
plank length = pixel size
virtual particles = pixels

we are the game of life from Conway but fucking big and more complex

research*

even if we are not determined we are random
in no case we control our decisions

ramdom decisions or determinisic decisions
choose one