I have a KJV bible
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K2KCaZOLD1w
pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
blog.laridian.com/?p=3309
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

KJV is best version.

Other versions like the NIV remove scripture.

NET.
KJV is great too though

duay rheims

The Hebrew bible.

Stay Jewey, my friends.

>The Hebrew bible
>duay rheims

The NIV is Satanic
The publisher of the NIV publishes the Satanic Bible, and a guide book on Gay Sex!!!
If you purchase the NIV you are supporting homos and satanism!

KJV
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

NIV
I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

LOOKS OKAY RIGHT??

Isaiah 14:12
KJV
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

NIV
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

ACCORDING TO THE NIV IT WAS JESUS WHO WAS CAST OUT OF HEAVEN!!

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
KJV
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

NIV
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered,
he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

THIS BIBLE WRITTEN WITH THE HELP OF SATAN IS SAYING YOU CAN RAPE!!! IT TRANSLATED LIE WITH TO RAPE!! NOW LETS SEE OTHER INSTANCES OF HOW IT TREATS THE WORD LIE WITH

Leviticus 18:22
KJV
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

NIV
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

WHY DID THEY NOT CHANGE THIS LIE TO RAPE?! BECAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN TO DESTROY CHRISTIANITY AND TURN PEOPLE AWAY FORM THE WORD OF GOD

IT SAYS YOU CAN RAPE WOMEN BUT HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONS ARE FORBIDDN.
CHECK GOOGLE, CHECK BING WHAT DO THEY SHOW WHEN YOU SEARCH WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT RAPE?!
IT SHOWS THIS VERSE FORM NIV THAT SAYS ITS OKAY!

Scary how different the translations are certainly would never read a NIV

KJV for sure. Most poetic.
Leviticus 19:19
“Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”
...and
Matthew 5:17-18
“(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"
>literal: jeans and t-shirt is a sin.
>implication: racial mixing is a sin.
>Old Testament law is not just a little in-effect, but is permanent in its entirety.

KJV is full of inaccuracies. Besides being the official version of the Corrupt Catholic Church (pay your indulgence fees to commit sins, purgatory nonsense, wash refugees feet, Pope is an elected official, child molestation cover-up), it invented the concept of the devil by creating the amalgamation of Lucifer-Satan.

NOW LETS SEE WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT RAPE

Deuteronomy 22:25-26
KJV
But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die
But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

NOTICE IT SAYS FORCE HER! THE NIV CORRECTLY TRANSLATES THIS TO RAPE
WHY DID IT IGNORE THAT IN THE OTHER TRANSLATION AND CHANGE LIE WITH TO RAPE?!

Liking something and thinking it's true just because it has pretty language has got to be the most inane, trivial thing I've ever heard.

When it says no to wear clothes mixed of linen and wool it doesn't mean you can't wear for example a linen shirt and wool pants, it means that the linen and wool cannot be mixed together

The Textus Receptus in the original Hebrew and Greek, but KJV for English speakers.

ESV

We call that polyester these days.

Polyester
a synthetic resin in which the polymer units are linked by ester groups, used chiefly to make synthetic textile fibers.
>synthetic
IS WOOL AND LINEN SYNTHETIC?!

It's best in the original Egyptian version called the book of the dead

Atheism is illogical and stupid.

Jerusalem Bible

/thread

>Polyester is a synthetic fiber derived from coal, air, water and petroleum. Developed in a 20th-century laboratory, polyester fibers are formed from a chemical reaction between an acid and alcohol. In this reaction, two or more molecules combine to make a large molecule whose structure repeats throughout its length. Polyester fibers can form very iong molecules that are very stable and strong.
WHERE IS THE LINEN AND WOOL
WHEN YOU SAY YOU CANT MIX POLYESTER AND COTOTN YOU IGNORE GODS COMMANDMENT AND FUEL THE HATE AGAINST CHRISTIANITY
GOD IS VERY CLEAR WITH WHAT HE ASKED

Kys Cathocuck

How exactly do you think "mingled" is meant to be taken then? I say worn with. Mixed clothing.

> t. mad americunt can't handle a joke

Richard Dawkins is an intellectually inferior piece of shit.

SpiritOS

he's right though

>mix or cause to mix together:
"the sound of voices mingled with a scraping of chairs" · [more]
synonyms: mix · blend · intermingle · intermix · interweave · [more]
>interweave
This is what it means

Or maybe you are just too fucking dumb to know what a proxy is basement dwelling asshat.

I'm a seminary student. We use the ESV and the NASB.

Although I grew up on the KJV in one church, and the NKJV in another. All 4 are pretty good in my eyes, but the KJV bibles definitely show their age.

NIV and the Message are shit tier translations.

Also yes, I realize how ironic it is that a seminary student reads Sup Forums.

The fitnessGram PACER Test

notice that the canada poster is actually disagreeing with himself, they are not 'shitposting,' they are jew scum, that are intentionally lying

the KJV is closer to what is called 'metaphrase' which is translating each individual word accurately, rather than 'paraphrase,' which is generating a sense or meaning and then creating entirely new statements

metaphrase is always superior to paraphrase, because any secondary or tertiary meanings found in the text, or any meanings connected to the original language, are preserved in the translation

Prove it

I think the word you're looking for is formal equivalency vs dynamic equivalency.

A paraphrase translation would be The Message.

NIV. Popular here because the old english is a bit confusing. Thee this and thou that. Who talks like that?

Id still stick exclusively to KJV, as it's the one that is least likely to have jewish influence

even some otherwise dependable concordances, like strongs, have been corrupted and rendered useless by 'revisions'

these changes are very tiny, but conceal the meaning found behind particular words

He did the Christian thing to do, I support him and so would you if you were god fearing.

I also forgive ISIS terrorists, we should not judge other men or God will judge us in the after life.

is there a version that doesn't talk about all the bloodlines and families?

no that isn't the word I'm looking for, and you only reveal that you neither read what I wrote, nor understand what I meant

can you point out a passage that raises concern in 'the message?'
i think it takes more flak than it deserves, from what i've seen it does a decent job of communicating what's being expressed in the text

why is it the KJV is mercilessly attacked? Calum outdated and you're handed an NIV (the most popular bible now in America) instead? Do you want a bible that gave the word of God to the common people? Or a bible who shares a publisher that published the satanic bible and a gay sex guide book?

>1984 NIV translation

You buy that at Foyles? I have the same one.

THIS

KJV

bought it on amazon for £6.49

niv might not be laser accurate, but it is far more digestible to a normie. and beautifully written

ive read many translations but 1984 niv is best imo

he can't even form cohesive, readable sentences

judge for yourself

notice that MOST of what he's saying is accurate, it's the tiny little errors in his posts, like saying 'the NIV correctly translated rape' that are designed to prevent you from understanding

God is not going to be happy.
Exodus 34:14

I agree NIV is shit, but "Lucifer" means "morning star". KJV is not translating it literally and instead treating it as a proper name.

Best Bible is original Greek, including for the Old Testament because the New Testament when it quotes from the Old Testament uses the Greek translation (the Septuagint) rather than the Hebrew. The modern Masoretic Hebrew text for the Old Testament was canonized by the Talmudic Jews/Pharisees after Jesus died and deliberately altered to suit their revisionist agenda to minimize the case for Jesus being the fulfillment of the prophecies and the Covenant. The Dead Sea Scrolls which predate Jesus demonstrated that the original Old Testament was closer to the Greek Septuagint than the Hebrew Masoretic text. Unfortunately the Protestants base their translations on the Masoretic text. The Catholics just outright make shit up for their translations to support their own theology. I hate the Orthodox (because they allow divorce and remarriage up to three times making God into liar), but at least in some Greek Orthodox Churches they still use the original Greek. This is honestly the closest you will get to the true word of God.

t. former Christian who did a lot of research into finding a faithful translation

Fuck off Cathocuck.

NIV VERSION OF JESUS SMACKING DOWN the synagogue of Satan

>Seven Woes

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5"Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteriesF100 wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'
8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.F101 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.F102
15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Edgyshitm8

The NIV incorrectly translated lie with to rape in Deuteronomy 22:28
It correctly translated it in Deuteronomy 22:25

I did make an error, when I said "Calum outdated and you're handed an NIV" I meant to say "calling it outdated" I hope everything is clear

>implying a desert death cult god of war cares about forest dwellers

Douay-Rheims. Anything else is heresy.

Well, those are the terms we use in my seminary, so they are probably just different definitions for the same thing. What circles are you coming from? I'm in the conservative evangelical world. (Think John Piper/Liberty U)

KJV

16"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'

The Catholic Church rejects the KJV.

I had thought it was done to separate regular people from holy authorities. Priests would wear undergarments from one people, with outerwear made from another. Nothing about weaving materials together, but layering the cloth. Jeans and tshirt is still bad.

No, that's not what that verse is saying. Christ is the son of man, not the sun of the dawn. The text is referring to Lucifer, which means morning star. Christ is not addressed anywhere in this passage.

ESV is the best translation. The amount of work put into it was great. The scholars used the Greek texts for the NT and the Hebrew texts for the OT. I recommend the ESV study bible.

The nordic paganism stuff is a meme right? Do people actually believe this?

God created the forest dwellers

The Message is all well and good if you want a sense of what the text says, but if you are doing academic study of the Bible, you want to get as close to the original languages as possible. The message is filtered through Eugene Peterson's interpretation of the text, and you have a huge loss of information for the sake of readability.

Myself, I've done 4 semesters of Greek, and I'm on my 1st semester of Hebrew right now. No translation is a perfect 1:1 transfer of information, so if you want a true understanding of the text, you need to learn the biblical languages.

Need an example please.

KJV is based on outdated manuscripts and unneeded 18th century english which has nothing to do with how they actually spoke.

NRSV is probably the best all around version and what you want.

I'm taking the orthodox Jewish view honestly because it's very hard to find a Christian opinion on it just "lol we don't do that XD"

>1600's is 18th century

There you go asshat.

lol shit mistyped . point still stands

Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

the catholic church is literally run by demons homie

This, papists are satanic

Jesus said to the Canaanite woman that he "was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" and that "it is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs", refusing to help her until she proved with persistence that she accepted his authority over her. This mudshit garbage has not accepted Jesus' authority, so no, this is the opposite of "the Christian thing to do".

It is only minorly important for kingship etc and to trace back to Patriarchs.

You can gloss over the begats if you want. There are a ton of charts and visual aids to help you.

what do you guys think of the hawaiian pidgin bible?
>pidginbible.org/Concindex.html

26 An dass why God wen let dem guys do all dat, an dey ony go do how dey like do. An so dey all come all itchy, an no mo shame notting. Eh, you know, even da wahines, dey no like make like dey wahines, dey like change how dey stay.
27 An same ting wit da guys. Dey no like make like dey suppose to wit da wahines. One guy stay all itchy fo one nodda guy. Dey no mo shame notting fo how dey make wit each odda. So fo dat, dey goin get it! Cuz dey stay far from da right way, an dey going get watevas fo how dey wen make. (Romans 1:26-27)

Study:
NASB
ESV
Casual:
NLT

Fuck you are dumb

blog.laridian.com/?p=3309

>I also forgive ISIS terrorists
You can't forgive someone who hasn't repented you fucking braindead faggot retard cuck.

why should you own a bible published by a company that promotes degeneracy?

It's a novelty, not meant to be taken seriously. There are no Hawaiians who speak only pidgin and can't understand another proper English translation.

That's like translating the Bible into Klingon.

Time is linear, therefore it had to start from somewhere. For it to start it had to have something external act upon it. That external entity is God. God exists out of necessity and since he isn't apart of our universe he is exempt from its laws.

Prove it

Isn't that basically a rehashing of the Kalam argument?

>Whatever begins to exist has a cause;
>The universe began to exist;
>Therefore:
>The universe has a cause.

The priesthood calls the shots. Listen to the elders but don't do as they do. You're free to be of the faith but keep yourself privately. Even Jesus advocated this.

That's just not correct. The official Catholic English Bible is the Douay Rheims. The KJV was commissioned for the Anglican church.

Atheists are fucking stupid. Okay dumbass, we will dumb it down for you since you know nothing about logic. You guys keep saying "burden of proof yadda yadda yadda." What you fail to realize is that to "believe" in something is only claiming to "believe." It's not a direct claim of existence. Also, even if someone is unable to prove God's existence, that does not mean that God does not exist. So, the burden of proof is irrelevant because a "belief" in God is not a claim of existence in the first place and just because you cannot prove that something exists does not mean that it doesn't.

Luke 23:34
>Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Wow, that's one retarded video
>1. There is no basis of morals without God
No, what is moral is what is good for the society. The strawman is gives is stupid "In that case you shouldn't support homosexuality" Well I don't and so should you
>2. Human lives have no ultimate purpose without God
Human lives don't have ultimate purpose. So what ?

This is why Sup Forums cannot be a Christian board. Christians are literally a suicide cult. Just kill yourselves already.