Was he right, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

indybay.org/uploads/2015/09/17/industrial_society_and_its_future.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno-progressivism
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms
youtube.com/watch?v=xLqrVCi3l6E
partners.nytimes.com/library/national/unabom-manifesto-1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Canadians on Sup Forums i've found are a cut above americans. If there's a post that combines humour, wit, and intelligence there's a good chance there is a leaf behind it.

It's for this reason Canadians are the talk of the town on Sup Forums. Everywhere you go you see (you's) being given to those Canadians. Why? because they say things that make you think. For example, the repeating 8 GET was won by a Canadian and it made everyone mad - but in hindsight people now recognize it was one of the best GETS ever, and possibly led to Trump's presidency......

Changing world history, not bad for a leaf, eh?

Absolutely. Loads smarter than the angry virgins of recent years like Rodger and Roof

The whole Industrial Society and it's future is absolutelly manifesto is incredible.
Dude nailed every single point about why modern society is insanity.

"22. If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss."
The dude was extremely based, and able to diagnose all of the cancerous problems we talk about here and now over 20 years ago. Mostly due to him being an undeniable genius.

Why are Poles so based?

he was almost right about absolutely everything except the fundamental tenant of his manifest which is technological progress is unequivocally bad. I have a hard time believing the average person does not live a vastly more enjoyable, comfortable and fulfilling life due entirely to technological progress. I think our "societal progress" is really what is leaving us empty, which is what he addresses in his manifesto. I'm sure he has a valid argument against this but the ones in his manifesto weren't great desu, I considered writing him a letter about it and then thought that's probably a good way to get yourself on a watchlist

> White American
> Pole
We're all Euromutts fellow burger, get it right

Yes, 100%. His book should be mandatory read for all Sup Forumsacks.

Not that I even disagree with your position ideologically, but I can't even really find fault with his specific arguments, at least in terms of what he was arguing for.
Study after study has shown that hunter-gatherers are actually, happier, more content, and suffer much less depression than pretty much any other human population group. Just because something is more comfortable doesn't mean that it's necessarily better or that our ecologically evolved niche has even adapted to it. The dude's point about the power process was spot on.

he was right with his manifesto on white liberals, some of the most brilliant things I've ever read, but not right to harm innocent people.

checked, but regardless it's almost impossible to accurately measure those characteristics in hunter gatherer types, and it's certainly a reach to attribute it all to technological prowess. I would be much more inclined to believe that our depression is a result of poor parenting (not teaching people how to cope with suffering), poor diet, things fucking with our hormones (xeno-estrogens, birth control pill, etc), and fucked up social order than technological progress. Beyond this main point I think his manifesto is 100% right. I also think his means to achieve his goal were really stupid (randomly bombing a person every so often was never going to achieve anything -- he should have focused his time on a social movement)

All I can say is that ''Industrial Society and its Future'' is a must read.

indybay.org/uploads/2015/09/17/industrial_society_and_its_future.pdf

I think our relative comfort is a huge problem in the west. Degeneracy and dysgenics seem to be the result.

Anyone read his new book yet?

His actual argument isn't exactly that technology makes us more depressed, less happy, or anything like that. He states that technology as a general concept carries its own memeplex and as such is inextricably entangled with a wide range of other concepts and necessary adaptations which will necessarily lead to the types of degenerate changes and erosion we are seeing now. The concepts that technology carries with it lead to those things which you are talking about as having negative effects. I'm not sure I can cite general historical evidence that seems to contradict him on that one. Also related to what I was saying:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno-progressivism

I believe he is in the Florence supermax.

He responds to correspondence/letters.

Pretty nice guy & crazy smart.

Also, his off the grid shack in Montana was pretty comfy if I remember the pics. Pretty ahead of the curve.

Techno-luddism when ?
Combining the best of primitivism/hunter-gatherer lifestyle with a dedication to science and the progress of human intellect
Sounds like a recipe for glory to me

>posting on Sup Forums
>worried about getting on a watchlist

Theodore Kaczynski prisoner number 04475–046
USP FLORENCE ADMAX
U.S. PENITENTIARY
PO BOX 8500
FLORENCE, CO 81226

Insight was right. Solution not.

Yes.

>Polish immigrant
"American" doesn't exist

Well, unfortunately, whatever he wrote will be overshadowed by his stupid terrorism for the next century, at least. His critique of liberals was spot on.
He also criticized everything else from consumerism to agriculture to industrialization, computers, and electricity.
He was right about liberals, the rest, I doubt the reality of. Maybe computers and living in houses with ac and heat was right, but that isn't going to change.

Plus, his way of "waking people up", by bombing innocent people, did more to destroy his goal than advance it.

He was right about liberals. Besides that, he was a paranoid schizophrenic.
On the other hand, he really was one of the original MK Ultra test experiments. They broke him, he knew it, and was pissed.

Bummer, he was a great mathematition.
But I think terrorism is the dumbest way to accomplish goals. He could have been right, but he took the same road as Islamic terrorists. Him, and they, turn everyone against them

What is the solution then?

His analysis seemed pretty basic. He's probably right about technology "enslaving" us in some sense, but he fails to account for the liberation of information the internet has brought us. Without the internet, we'd all be slaves to mass news corporations and realities that they conjure. Maybe he wants us to go even further back, which I'd be somewhat inclined to agree with.

Nonetheless, his manifesto is pretty basic and lacks nuance.

Swallow the black pill and accept that your grandkids will be eunuch mulatto cyberdrones in Zuckerberg's AI-controlled technohell

I can't.

How do I know? But you cannot stop technological advancement worldwide.

> implying

well when > 90% of whites here can trace back to at least 3 or 4 counties and everybody speaks English and there is no large-scale culture that resembles anything in Europe other than possibly Britain in some aspects

autists always come close to the truth

The technical-industrial system is so interconnected and interdependent that throwing a wrench into any one major part would very likely bring about an irreversible, irrecoverable collapse of the whole system, much like how killing an advanced organism like a dog or a person is relatively easy because any one organ system experiencing a major failure will drag the rest down with it.

The more I go down the rabbit hole the more I realize he was right. Not his methods or anything but his outlook on the world was about 85% spot on.

That's not the blackpill you stupid fuck

British doesn't exist either.

Are you a Saxon or a frog?

yes

e c o f a s c i s t
p a g a n
e t h n o s t a t e

A good start would be an ethnically and culturally homogeneous state which promoted scientific, engineering, and philosophical pursuits, encouraged citizens to start their own local communitarian organizations for charity, sport etc., set up a mandatory national fitness program which enforced strict and proper exercise and nutritional guidelines and routines, had an extensive social welfare state to incentivize monogamous heterosexual marriage and eugenics and ensure that families with children would not be forced to make women work to get by and could have a lot of leisure time, set a minimum work week with relatively low hours, maybe 25-35 in order for people to be able to enjoy things and not revolve around their job. You might see some decrease in short-term general productivity, but in the long-term it would produce an extremely healthy and happy society which outcompeted virtually all others in scientific progress.

I see it rather as network of neurons. You can damage one part and the whole is still working.

Unless there is an advanced method of control I do not know how do you stop, say China from doing, say, risky genetic modifications?

artosis was mostly right

depopulation

> depopulation

to which extent? it is already happening but mostly in developed countries

The global human population should be reduced to about 10 million, at most.

mail bombs obviously

>you cannot stop technological advancement worldwide
of course you can senpai
it's just a matter of making ecoterrorism great again

Ur acting like he bombed random people. He targeted professors I believe.

It's amazing how many problems a white ethnostate can solve (but the technology problem isn't one of them).
You're still advocating societal reform IN THE INTERESTS OF TECHNOLOGICAL """ADVANCEMENT""".
Your proposal only helps human beings inasmuch as they're organic components of the system.
Ellul discusses this type of false humanism in "The Technological Society", which you and everyone on Sup Forums should read.

He didnt want to kill people, all the murders were accidental.

Yes, but I don't believe it to be remotely possible to restructure society into a luddite wet dream.

I would argue to some extent that beyond something extremely unlikely happening, that technological progress is inevitable, and we're already irreversibly going forward in the interests of technology before anything else. I don't think we can even stop it, the best we can hope for is to co-opt technology to the point where its advancement at least mirrors our interests closely. But I'll look into the book fren

You can only postpone the inevitable.
I think solutions-Ted went mad because of this fact.

GET FOOKED YOU FOOKING HOOSER IM SOARY YOUR SUCH FAYGIT. MOOSEDEER COOK FAYGIT GET FOOKED EH

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms
Ted Kaczynski's play acted out by lego characters called 'ship of fools'.
A must watch for every Sup Forumsack, the man was 40-50 years ahead of us. IQ 154.
He has NEVER had access to the internet.

Yeah I've considered writing to him as well. Send him some Sup Forums threads and some videos of nature in my area because I know he likes the outdoors.
He only wanted to kill leftist Marxist professors so I forgive everything he has ever done.

>Combining the best of primitivism/hunter-gatherer lifestyle

This is fucking stupid. People did it in the past out of necessity not because they it's better/natural.

I think a white ethnostate is a per-requisite for solving 90% of the shit going wrong today.
There is no way we can fix problems like feminism and international banker control without it.

he was right about sjw

he was wrong about technology

Look at what smartphones have done to normies.

what have they done? i dont have smartphone and i dont talk to many people (or go out)

> I have a hard time believing the average person does not live a vastly more enjoyable, comfortable and fulfilling life due entirely to technological progress.

>enjoyable
Certainly

>comfortable
No question

>fulfilling
Debatable. This is Ted's point.

Comfort and enjoyment are great, but what he's saying is that with hte advent of technology, and the general level of comfort it brings, we have been stripped of any true fulfillment, where we can live out our lives with purpose. He argues that without the necessity to sustain ourselves by growing/obtaining sustenance, we have to invent a sense of purpose for our lives.

I kind of disagree with him, but I see what he's getting at. Personally, I think that throughout history, the common man didn't have much in the way of 'purpose' to his life, or any kind of self-actualisation- the educated and wealthy elite, to an extent, may have. This is a reasonably similar situation to today, though the the common man now has far more opportunity to self-actualise. Ted's argument is that this is all fake, invented purpose, but I'm not convinced all of it is

They are an agent of consumerism, globalism and destroy the objectively more beautiful classical culture that modern day civilization should be emulating.

youtube.com/watch?v=xLqrVCi3l6E

DOC THEME.

>we have been stripped of any true fulfillment

This is a bullshit point. You have no way of knowing if there was any "true fulfillment" when we lived in the past with no technology. You make your own purpose in life. I live my life with high a purpose because I decided that I had things that I cared about and that I was good at doing and so I did them.

>They are an agent of consumerism, globalism and destroy the objectively more beautiful classical culture that modern day civilization should be emulating.

Fuck classical culture. Memes are culture now, get over it. 200 years from now some assholes will look back at our time and think "oh my god their memes were so good, we'll never reach such power again where we can meme someone into the most powerful position in the world, nooooo!!".

His point is more that having the actually go hunt and kill food directly impacts whether you live or die, therefore you have direct control over your life, and you are in full control of staying alive.

In the present day, we're at a remove from that, which is causing social problems, which has given rise to Leftism

I think he's on the right track, I thin ultimately a lack of real meaning is causing shit like leftism to rise up as people try to create a sense of purpose in their lives, but I disagree with his overall thesis that big bad technology caused all of it. He's on the right track, but he could have used a few more decades in normal society to develop it a bit more imo

It's nice that you've found a surrogate activity that makes you happy.

Memes are garbage that people like me are using to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Everyone that spreads our meme shit on Sup Forums is being used by us to destroy the current paradigm.
Its not meme-magic. Its because Sup Forums is the counter culture and everything we do here is suppressed by the mainstream, this allows us to operate outside of the established narrative and influence events because they refuse to engage us and because our ideas are superior to their inferior ideas.
Sup Forums is Darwinian natural selection re-asserting itself in an SJW controlled hell.

"The best place, to me, was the largest remnant of this plateau that dates from the tertiary age. It's kind of rolling country, not flat, and when you get to the edge of it you find these ravines that cut very steeply in to cliff-like drop-offs and there was even a waterfall there. It was about a two days' hike from my cabin. That was the best spot until the summer of 1983. That summer there were too many people around my cabin so I decided I needed some peace. I went back to the plateau and when I got there I found they had put a road right through the middle of it... You just can't imagine how upset I was. It was from that point on I decided that, rather than trying to acquire further wilderness skills, I would work on getting back at the system. Revenge."

He had a good point

This is why I have sworn to leave no descendants

Yeah exactly, his point with the power process is basically Marx's conceptualization of alienation but better fleshed out and thought out.

>eunuch mulatto cyberdrones

Say hi to your grandson.

He was spot on with a lot of stuff.

partners.nytimes.com/library/national/unabom-manifesto-1.html

because the joy of comfort is negligible compared to the joy of achievement and destiny

not that i would know.

Your false equivalence is so stupid that I don't even know where to begin.

Memes are not the modern version of classical art. They are the modern version of political pamphlets or political graffiti.

This is a one-post. Do not reply to one-posts. The OP is a bot trying to conceal (or force erasure of) good content by just cranking out a million brainless, contentless blurbs.

Basically. It doesn't hurt that they are funny and creative, but they sure as shit don't qualify as art.
Only kikes would call memes art, but they call faggots shitting blue paint onto a canvas art.

There's plenty of Sup Forums to go around though user, don't fall for the 'one post by this ID' meme

Not really, I was just doing some weightlifting while the thread was going.

I generally do this.