College Degree Thread

Which college degrees/fields of study are the most redpilled?
Most valuable to society?
Most useful?

For me, Construction Management has been pretty redpilled thus far.
>Fits criteria listed above
>Everyone in the CM school are redpilled normies and cool as fuck
>Building shit that might potentially last 100 years
>Bossing Mexicans around
>People I've worked with over the summers are based too, funny as fuck
>Knowledge = power

What might not be very redpilled about CM:
>Building shit with jew's money
>Building an apartment building for SJW's and hipsters to live in
>Long work hours (80 hour work weeks aren't uncommon)
>Stressful as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2tkSqvXFdA0
youtube.com/watch?v=JBZ2eHpth2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

If you don't come across any social justice BS the degree is a good, useful one.

>Taking Jew money
How is that not based
>Apartment for SJW's
Unless its a run down warehouse they probably wont be able to afford it

Everything is going to be automated in 10 years anyways. They're going to have robots designing buildings and then in 30 years or so robots designing the design robots.

Might as well just kill yourself.

Why is this image so hot?

Be a Nurse. Its hyper red pilled

How so?

Most redpilled:
>Economics
>Genetics

Most valuable to society:
>Physics
>Chemistry
>Computer science

Most useful:
>Economics
>Computer science

I feel like construction is still a long way from being fully automated, even in the field.

It's hard for a company to justify the purchase of some immobile brick-laying robot when a team of Mexicans can do it faster. Robots are gonna have to start walking on 2 legs and get good at interpreting plans before automation begins to really take over.

As for the management side, because it's focused on people interaction I'm not sure if it will be automated ever.

But who knows with the power of technology.

Wow ur so redpilled working for kikes and bossing beaners around ur like Neo

>am physics major

feelsgudman

>TFW just got out of High school and already halfway done with my Economics Major and Computer Science Minor

>Bossing Beaners around like I'm Neo

kek

>graduated in degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue in May.
>tfw still unemployed

In your course work did you learn about HVAC systems?

Yes. Pretty mixed in with thermodynamics and heat transfer courses.

>tfw you got a poli sci degree five years ago but are taking undergrad econ classes to try and go to grad school econ

Rip

Couldn't you go work for an architect and design those systems in buildings then? I feel like there would be a lot of design jobs open right now since the construction industry is booming.

Finished Masters degree in CM and can say honestly its filled with very good people. Won't find too many cucks or annoying SJWs (though they do exist). Most of the chicks as well are more sociable and relateable.

Just spent the last year working on a billion dollar hospital and can say it has been very rewarding. People are great and you leave a positive impact on society for the most part.

Anything that hasn't been corrupted by jews. Basically, if you're not in STEM, you're a fucking pawn in the destruction of your own people and we are going to build an army of robots to take you out. Mark my words, shabbos goyim, you're day will come.

t. STEM master race

Nice. Was the masters degree worth it?

It seems like work experience in construction is much more valuable than the level of education you have.

how? I had a chick cousin who graduated EE from Purdue 4 or 5 years ago and they were offering her jobs from Chicago and Indianapolis right off the bat

Do you live in the middle of nowhere or something? Surely as a mechanical engineer you can find work doing something else technical/mechanical?

I can. I also just got my EIT. But applying online for jobs is cancer.

Also. I was turned away from a job few weeks ago after them flying me out for interviews which I thought went great. I got a generic email saying they're looking at my resume and may contact me. So I'm hoping something comes from that but I'm doubtful since they already turned me away once.

>tfw accounting
I swear I'm going Patrick bateman here and I didn't even work first year yet. God why did I pick this crap. I might disappoint relatives and tell them I'd like to train be CNC machinist or some dirtyass trade job. I don't think I could mentally handle the CPA.

Finance=psychos
Accounting=suppressed psychos

Every single female gets hired right away. My old female roommate was hired by Toyota just because she's female. The recruiters even told her that.

And I've been a picker even though I should be a begger.

There's no way jews haven't corrupted the STEM fields, c'mon man.

And women say they're an oppressed minority.

KEK

I'm taking German and International business

Honestly, I don't care where I end up at this point as long as I make alright money

Science is science, cultural marxism can't change that.

ya that sucks m8. she told me that at the time there were a total of like 3 women in her program or something crazy like that

if you are desperate for work though, you should try aerotek or a similar temp company. they will kike you out of 30% of your potential paycheck, but they won't have any problem placing a purdue grad somewhere

A lot of money can be made in the sciences though.

And where there's shekels to be made, there's bound to be a jew.

I know there are jews in the sciences, but that's not what I'm talking about

Man what is it with construction. I remember being 6th grade now and there was a careers day and some guys came in talking about autorepair. Come home, and parents were like nah you don't wanna work in a dirty job like that and be an auto repair monkey. Shit I remember now back in middleschool/high school I was ass in the physical sciences. I took a tech class where we worked on CNC machine and did some G code. Fuck why didn't I just do that. uughhhh I hate my family buncha indoctrinating mofos. Then again I've always been a retard my entire life so eh.

Anyone knowledgeable here, what would be the best degree path to take or relevant to break into the Oil & Gas industry?

petroleum engineering

Chemical or petroleum engineering. Maybe geology. It's a shaky field. This time last year Schlumberger fired 10,000. It may be a good field to be in now cause of Trump, but in 4 or 8 or whenever the next dem is president, they will put more restrictions on fossil fuels.

That's how I've felt. A big part of me wishes I went into one of the trades after I graduated Highschool, but all of fucking society (and in retrospect, the jews) told me to go to college. Originally started as a Biology major, but took the lab for the intro class and left that major so fast. Best decision I've made in my life so far.

And I don't regret going into CM either. I really like it. But if I knew what I know now, I think I would have definitely went into a construction trade. It's too bad society shames people who become tradesmen; it's the reason 90% of field people are Mexicans and almost none are white.

Petroleum engineering
Economic geology
Chemistry
Computer science

>Economic Geology

That's a thing? Sounds weird as fuck.

It's the discipline for applied geology--mining, basically. Highly employable after a master's degree.

I would say it is overrated especially over here as they just wanted our money. Unfortunately you won't get the same opportunities or career progression if you don't.

The guys on site that transition into management make a lot of money and have lots of chances to do it. But I would say though Australia in this industry is very very unique- sparkies, chippies and plumbers are easily on 150k+ on larger jobs due to the size and influence of the unions.

I'm aware of that going in. To give you some background, I dropped out about three years ago after getting sick of all of the SJW bullshit and a lack of funds finally.

Twenty-seven in six months, should I even bother pursuing or just look into trade work at this point? I'm just worried about putting all the pieces together and then finally finishing with a volatile industry like you said. In my opinion, it beats sitting in a fucking cubicle with the likes of most people attending college at this point.

yo anons, is a biotech master's degree good

what would a job in the biotech industry look like under a trump presidency

Sounds legit as fuck, nice. CM can cross into the realm of mining, at least with the aspect of fleet management. I don't think I'd want to get into mining though.

ME Major here
Hoping to work for DARPA or Academi cuz military boys get the most fun toys
Also that shit pays

I loved fucking my woman when she was pregnant

>Anyone knowledgeable here, what would be the best degree path to take or relevant to break into the Oil & Gas industry?

Probably chemical or petroleum engineering. Maybe mechanical if you don't like either of those. Electrical could help as well. Geology or geophysics.

Don't go in now, though. Bad time for oil.

the degrees in which you get to project truth and western ideas are the only ones you can truly claim as red pilled. if you're an engineer or physicist or welder, it's the same if you're a white man or a liberal faggot, as long as you do the job properly. whether or not re pilled people do better or if there's a larger concentration is a different story. an artist can be a red pilled artist if he makes *good* western red pilled art.

I'm a network / systems administrator

Are those guys salary paid or hourly in Aussieland? I'm not 100% sure but from what I've seen all the field guys including foremen are hourly, at least on the general side of the world.

Missed opportunity to be CNC machinist, although it pays like crap from what I hear. Damn it was legit to stand in front of a machine and drill some stuff with code before your eyes.

Why? Primal thing or something?

Something about her being swollen with my child was sexy as hell

What the fuck is bioinformatics?

>tfw graduated with poli sci last year
>tfw graduating with grad dip in public policy in three days
>tfw been working as a policy analyst for the past three months

Working security at the moment, it couldn't be much worse.

Sister majored in biochemistry and works making pharmaceutical drugs for living.

Fuck might as well hero myself. I hate the choices I made, now I'm going to be a miserable fucker working in a crap job too unmotivated to move up ladder. And your sibling is far more successful and happy. Am just too retarded to live..

Hourly, but they have a site allowance, travel allowance, bunch of other bonuses on top of guaranteed double time after certain hours every day thus working a 50-60 hour week as most people do gets them easily above the 150k pay bracket.

One site I am aware of has to pay all site guys a full day salary even if they send them home due to the work conditions (temp/rain/etc), but as there are guys working within buildings which are "complete/occupied" and not restricted by those same conditions (ie its not too hot to call off work so can stay on) receive an additional allowance as they aren't being sent home with a full days salary for no work...

We for our own guys have them on salaried positions as they can ride them for no additional cost to work untold hours (100+ hours for a long consecutive period of time). But the subbies basically write their own paychecks.

Fucking cunt, it's people like you that make accounting even shittier. What policies are you going to analyze to make the shit tax code a bigger disaster.

so you know when people make discoveries about genetics/biology or whatever?

some dickhead has to compile that in a database now and then analyze it

if you like computers and biology then that's probably for you

As someone who works at a company that makes robots for Intel's assembly lines, you're full of shit.
This shit has to basically be specialized for whatever you're making AND go through an asston of testing and certification before it gets anywhere near a real product. It's a lot of time and money to set this shit up and for most companies good ol' manual labor will remain cheaper and easier for the forseeable future.

If you work in the ER or ICU

>life and death daily
>actual knowledge and independence
>first nurses were knights templar
>be at the forefront of normies discovering that life isn't what they thought
>able to redpill and spread the Holy gospel

getting into my first semester into system administration at my school. Any words of wisdom?

I don't work in taxation policy m8.

Enjoy your two classes of numale-tier regression faggot

You guys are basically what scientists are to engineers. Only instead of making their jobs cooler you fuckers make our jobs worse and probably get nice gov't pay.

I actually didn't go to college for it, I do it because I have a natural passion and it was a hobby as I was growing up. My only advice would be to not get into anything you don't enjoy, but that goes for any career.

Interesting; it seems pretty hardcore and really interdisciplinary.. basically comp sci + biostatistics.. cool

yeah i've been thinking about working pharmaceutical or for some kind of biotech company once i get into and out of grad school

about to get my bachelor's in biomedical sciences, but the biotech master's will definitely help i think

also keep your chin up m8, trump presidency will give you more opportunities for work

yeah there's a lot of sequencing involved from what i've read, but i personally know fuck-all about it in all honesty

comp sci isn't my thing, i'd rather just research or make drugs for a living desu

Besides one class I did on activist politics, all poli sci classes I took were actually quite moderate in what they espoused. I have noticed my university start to go the way of US and UK universities since I left, mainly based on what my gf is now required to study. But I never had to deal with that shit, and I only took the activist politics class because the class on American politics or the class on international terrorism weren't on offer that semester.

As I said, I don't work in taxation policy.

That's how it was for our field guys at this job site I was visiting up in Laramie, WY. This one native american guy was getting paid atleast $32/hour plus time and a half when they'd work OT (They were working 70+ hours/week when they accelerated the schedule up there).

With a 70 hour week, he was pulling:

$2720/week before taxes
$500/week subsistence

Pretty crazy money for not going to college.

I had a pretty sweet gig there myself
>3 hour drive from south Denver to Laramie WY
>Spend a couple nights up there, hotel of my choice paid for in full
>All meals paid for in full
>$0.52/mile, so I was getting paid about $156 just to drive up there

All this as an intern too.

I work at a small company and that is the story of everyone who works there. None went to school and just find it enjoyable. Any suggestions on some routers/gadgets to play around with to get the knack of networking?

youtube.com/watch?v=2tkSqvXFdA0

This is why I think working a trade would be sweet.

>Swear at work, swear at coworkers no problem
>Be bros with other workers
>good stories

Meanwhile desk job:
>can't swear too much
>some HR cunts and women in stem. Love the stories of engineer anons shit talking the women in their workplace
>go home and say you drew stuff on a piece of paper and did some hardass maths on the computer

It's so redpilled that I had to quit being a nurse because I got sick of mudslime docs supporting opioid addicted shitskins' and hillbillies' drug habits.

Depends where you live or are willing to relocate to. There's some good shit in Boston, my cousin makes a killing in that industry

No work is perfect mate. At least down there your pay is decent in some states.

>Most valuable to society?
He fell for the society meme.

hmm, i live in central florida so i'm not really sure of the biotech scene here yet

i'll have to go research some more

engineering so you can craft things like me

youtube.com/watch?v=JBZ2eHpth2s

There were a couple of guys (lift guys) on site making 300k+ who had no formal education or skills (comparatively to other industries etc).

Frustrating as it is, its not bad price to pay to work with normal people. The banter and stories when everyone goes on the piss are truly awesome though.

I got 60k with no experience and was offered 80k after my first year to stay on but have chosen to head elsewhere for better long term opportunities. None of the office or PM staff are hourly which is not ideal but the salaries after a couple of years make it very worthwhile.

It depends what you're doing exactly and what technologies you'll be supporting and what not. I would recommend getting familiar with Linux, both from a system administration and networking standpoint. Having that foundation will give you an advantage going in. For getting started wjth networking most people would recommend Cisco. I personally do not work with Cisco devices but the certifications carry more respect than some of the others. You can emulate various Cisco devices with GNS3, just pirate the IOS images.

Marketing with a concentration in sales here, how will I do?

This is very true. Field guys have some of the best stories and humor and I honestly fucking love em (no homo).

And $60k sounds about right. The average salary for CM majors graduating is about $65k/year, but the downside is that it's salary paid and you know you're gonna be working OT and be stressed to all hell.

Is decision theory the ultimate redpill?

Also, are "lift guys" your riggers, forklift operators, crane operators, or what?

If you take statistics, get very good with Salesforce and Tableau and excel you should do okay.

24 and out of work, college still worth it, or should I stick with wage slavery for a while?

OP's idea sounds good, its what trump does

poorfag here that can only afford community college here: what's the least useless thing to major in if you can only get an associate's degree?

>Everything is going to be automated in 10 years anyways.

Lel

Even if oil comes back, the field will jujst never provide any stability.
>Started my undergrad geo degree in 08, when guys with degrees could pick up a phone and be pulling in 80-100k
>Graduated in '12 when oil was in the shitter and everyone was being laid off
>Going to networking meetings and seeing oil guys with 10+ years exp looking for jobs too

Working in a chemical engineering/ materials science facility now and everyone including some former geos are pushing me towards a materials science eng master's

I only worked 8 to 5/6 and 5 days a week which was a pleasant surprise. Basically unless you're a complete sperg you will be on 100+ within 5 and 3 if you are any good.

Just guys who drive the lift up and down whilst its not connected to the controls system so it has to be manually called and he comes pick you up etc. Similar to alimak drivers.

>Economics
>Usefull

economics is pseudo science. inventing fancy words and drawing theoretical bullshit graphics that does not make it science. %90 what you learn at business school is total crap you wont use in real life.

Economics nowadays is mostly just very quantitative social science bordering on data science--lots of statistics, causality etc.

nurse, welder, diesel mechanic, drafting, electrician, computer networking or programming

Geology fag here, not really all that valuable to society, the basics have been known for years, we are all glorified consultants at this point. It is pretty easy to pick up work in most other science disciplines as we sound highly educated, and most people really don't know what the fuck we actually do.

Get back in the coreshed

>tfw fucked
barely graduated High school in 2009, and worked a menial job with no advancement at all. I'm not particularly interested in anything that's productive, and the only career the biggest interest I have is basically teaching what I just learned(History).

I'm hoping the Self Authoring Suite actually gets me in a direction